PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Returning

Rilefelt
July 5th, 2017, 11:05 PM
Hi! If you glance at my bio you might notice I've actually been on-and-off a member of this site for years. However, both of my old accounts (yes, there were two before I realized I had a first) are now lost -- I can't figure out which email I used to register Feltkit (I'm sure that was my name. Probably.) and it would be completely futile to try to search for my oldest account (IceWhiteLunatic? Something like that, I guess...) because it's probably been permanently deactivated, programmed out of existence, broken by new rules, or otherwise destroyed.

I have two questions, before I decide whether I should accept that my fate is bound with this site or run away from it forever.

1) How much have the rules changed since [I think the last time I was on here was] early '16? (Does anyone remember me? cx) Of course I'll look over them again if I'm welcome here, but I just wanna know if there are any scary big differences.

2) Will I be punished for having multiple accounts, seeing as there is a 0% chance I'll ever be able to gain access to the old ones again? Is it okay if I come back with this new account? .....

I'll let this topic sit overnight and come back to it when I wake tomorrow, so if anyone can leave an answer by then, that would be super... <3

Seraphon
July 5th, 2017, 11:21 PM
Hi! If you glance at my bio you might notice I've actually been on-and-off a member of this site for years. However, both of my old accounts (yes, there were two before I realized I had a first) are now lost -- I can't figure out which email I used to register Feltkit (I'm sure that was my name. Probably.) and it would be completely futile to try to search for my oldest account (IceWhiteLunatic? Something like that, I guess...) because it's probably been permanently deactivated, programmed out of existence, broken by new rules, or otherwise destroyed.

I have two questions, before I decide whether I should accept that my fate is bound with this site or run away from it forever.

1) How much have the rules changed since [I think the last time I was on here was] early '16? (Does anyone remember me? cx) Of course I'll look over them again if I'm welcome here, but I just wanna know if there are any scary big differences.

2) Will I be punished for having multiple accounts, seeing as there is a 0% chance I'll ever be able to gain access to the old ones again? Is it okay if I come back with this new account? .....

I'll let this topic sit overnight and come back to it when I wake tomorrow, so if anyone can leave an answer by then, that would be super... <3
1) idk I just joined a couple months ago

2) I don't think you'll get punished but you could always ask Lunacross, Raywood, or Jingle.

Hope this helped :3

doghouse
July 5th, 2017, 11:22 PM
The rules have probably changed a little, so I'd suggest reading over them again, just to get reacquainted with them I guess.

And no, because WCO actually switched hosts from webs to vBulletin, so everyone on the old site had to rejoin and make a new account, and all your old accounts are completely gone along with the old site. So you should be fine as long as you don't make another one.

Anyways, welcome back, and I hope this cleared things up a bit ^^

BEAR.
July 5th, 2017, 11:32 PM
And no, because WCO actually switched hosts from webs to vBulletin, so everyone on the old site had to rejoin and make a new account, and all your old accounts are completely gone along with the old site. So you should be fine as long as you don't make another one.

little bit of a correction:

vBulletin is the platform we use, but Bluehost is our host.

Rilefelt
Webs forced all their users to convert to Sitebuilder 3 - which was their "newest" builder that's broken and limiting. You can read about the petition we wrote here (https://www.change.org/p/webs-sitebuilder-3-conversion).

We ended up swapping sites in October 2016. We did have the old site up on Webs for a while (as an archive), but because our premium plan expired and they wouldn't let us downgrade the plan to free, the site was frozen. You can kinda view it here (http://brookcat.webs.com/), but don't expect any real functionality.

Rilefelt
July 6th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Okay then. Thanks for the information!

It looks like there won't be any problem with me returning, so I'm glad to be back. I'll go re-read the rules and get back to roleplaying here. ^w^