PDA

View Full Version : Ridge's Rock |PM First|

Dawn & Dark
November 8th, 2016, 08:30 PM
Ridge's territory has, well, rocks. The main rock in his small territory is Ridge Rock (http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.Mdf818f4df52ff6e05ac56c60dcbd11dbo0&w=300&h=200&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0). His den is right under the rock. It is hidden by moss, and rarely ever noticed.

This is PM only and I am sincerely sorry if I don't accepted you. It may be because I don't want many people or something is happening in the rp.

Dawn & Dark
November 8th, 2016, 08:34 PM
Ridge walked out of his den and jumped up onto Ridge Rock. He stretched out and sat down. "Maybe I should go hunting." He murmured.

BluBunnie
November 16th, 2016, 08:18 AM
Prism (http://rayswarriors.weebly.com/loners-rouges-and-kittypets.html) (The last cat) laid in a small clearing near Ridge's Rock, he had just finished eating a plump mouse he had hunted earlier. Prism's deep purrs echoed through the clearing as he felt the sun warm his multi-colored fur. His pale green eyes were closed as he rolled onto his back to exposed his belly.

Teza
November 18th, 2016, 02:15 AM
Steam sniffed the area, smelling a couple of cats. She hoped they wouldn't mind her hunting here, at least for the day, though knew she should probably stay low. She was much weaker compared to most other cats, besides kittens of course.

She soon caught the scent of a mouse, and started stalking it, keeping her tail low, but careful as to not allow it to touch the ground and shift the pebbles to alert the mouse. She crept closer, and closer, until it was so close she could taste it. Just before she pounced, however, she noticed the shadow of a cat.

She glanced up, and pinned her ears back. Though he may not have seen her yet, Steam saw a tom sitting atop the large rock. She gulped, hoping her dark pelt would hide her in the shadows where she was, and also hoping that he was friendly if he did see her, though she knew this was probably not the case.

Dawn & Dark
November 18th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Ridge got up from Ridge Rock and jumped down to the ground. He started walking to his den, before hearing something. Might have been something small, like a leaf or a mouse. He told himself, then walked into his den. He sat down in his feather and moss nest.

Teza
November 21st, 2016, 02:32 PM
Ridge got up from Ridge Rock and jumped down to the ground. He started walking to his den, before hearing something. Might have been something small, like a leaf or a mouse. He told himself, then walked into his den. He sat down in his feather and moss nest.

Steam let out an audible sigh, as she had thought she was a goner. She went back to her hunting, only to find the mouse was gone. If only she hadn't gotten caught off guard by a shadow. The gray tabby had half a mind to go talk to the strange tom, but thought better of it, instead jumping on a rock instead. She attempted to leap to the rock the tom was on, just to make sure he was gone, but over jumped, slipping and falling down into the unseen den at the bottom with a loud "Oof!"

Dawn & Dark
November 21st, 2016, 02:47 PM
Steam let out an audible sigh, as she had thought she was a goner. She went back to her hunting, only to find the mouse was gone. If only she hadn't gotten caught off guard by a shadow. The gray tabby had half a mind to go talk to the strange tom, but thought better of it, instead jumping on a rock instead. She attempted to leap to the rock the tom was on, just to make sure he was gone, but over jumped, slipping and falling down into the unseen den at the bottom with a loud "Oof!"

"Huh?" Ridge saw the she-cat tumble into the den. "Are you ok?" He asked, walking over to the Stream and pushing her back to her paws. "And how did you even fall into my den?" He sat back down in his nest. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

Teza
November 21st, 2016, 05:23 PM
"Huh?" Ridge saw the she-cat tumble into the den. "Are you ok?" He asked, walking over to the Stream and pushing her back to her paws. "And how did you even fall into my den?" He sat back down in his nest. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

The she-cat allowed herself to be helped up, but she kept her ears back in caution. He was kind, and this was unexpected. When he spoke, she sat, giving her chest fur a couple of embarrassed licks.

"I, uh.. I was trying to jump up onto the rock and, kinda, slipped..." she said embarrassed. Here she was, supposed to be the best hunter her parents had seen, and she had slipped on a rock that wasn't even slippery. What kind of a cat was she?

"I saw you up on top of it and wondered where you had gone, I'm sorry I intruded," she said, dipping her head a bit.

Dawn & Dark
November 21st, 2016, 05:29 PM
The she-cat allowed herself to be helped up, but she kept her ears back in caution. He was kind, and this was unexpected. When he spoke, she sat, giving her chest fur a couple of embarrassed licks.

"I, uh.. I was trying to jump up onto the rock and, kinda, slipped..." she said embarrassed. Here she was, supposed to be the best hunter her parents had seen, and she had slipped on a rock that wasn't even slippery. What kind of a cat was she?

"I saw you up on top of it and wondered where you had gone, I'm sorry I intruded," she said, dipping her head a bit.

"Your fine! Besides, it's good to have some other cat around. Your the first cat I've seen in weeks." He purred. "Nobody visits me, since I don't really see many cats pass by." Ridge slightly tilted his head to the side. "Do you need somewhere to stay? There's some more room in here if you want to stay for the night." He pointed his tail to the space beside his nest.

Teza
November 21st, 2016, 05:37 PM
"Your fine! Besides, it's good to have some other cat around. Your the first cat I've seen in weeks." He purred. "Nobody visits me, since I don't really see many cats pass by." Ridge slightly tilted his head to the side. "Do you need somewhere to stay? There's some more room in here if you want to stay for the night." He pointed his tail to the space beside his nest.

Steam's ears pricked. She did need to find a safe place, but how safe is this tom? She pondered her choices for a moment, then said her choice aloud.

"Sure, that's, really nice of you," she said, stuttering a bit. Why was she stuttering? Because some random tom is allowing her to stay in his den for the night? Now that she thought about it again it didn't sound very safe. Oh well, she'd already accepted his offer.

"It's not very welcoming up here with all the large rocks, so I couldn't imagine how little interaction with other cats you get. I couldn't stand living up here all the time," she said, not really thinking.

Dawn & Dark
November 21st, 2016, 05:47 PM
Steam's ears pricked. She did need to find a safe place, but how safe is this tom? She pondered her choices for a moment, then said her choice aloud.

"Sure, that's, really nice of you," she said, stuttering a bit. Why was she stuttering? Because some random tom is allowing her to stay in his den for the night? Now that she thought about it again it didn't sound very safe. Oh well, she'd already accepted his offer.

"It's not very welcoming up here with all the large rocks, so I couldn't imagine how little interaction with other cats you get. I couldn't stand living up here all the time," she said, not really thinking.

"This was a fox den, but I cleared out everything inside. The fox is long gone, but I sometimes hate staying in here. Anyways, do you want to collect some moss and go hunt?" He questioned. "I could go do all that myself, but I thought maybe you wanted to come help me." Ridge meowed.

Teza
November 21st, 2016, 05:50 PM
"This was a fox den, but I cleared out everything inside. The fox is long gone, but I sometimes hate staying in here. Anyways, do you want to collect some moss and go hunt?" He questioned. "I could go do all that myself, but I thought maybe you wanted to come help me." Ridge meowed.

She nodded, her stomach letting off a bit of a growl at the mention of hunting. "You chased off the fox yourself? That's kinda cool," she said, not completely believing it. She shifted her paws nervously, though she didn't know why.

Dawn & Dark
November 21st, 2016, 07:48 PM
She nodded, her stomach letting off a bit of a growl at the mention of hunting. "You chased off the fox yourself? That's kinda cool," she said, not completely believing it. She shifted her paws nervously, though she didn't know why.

"I didn't chase it off, it was young and I guess it had been in a battle with some other cat because it had scars almost everywhere on it. All it did was give me one glance and I jumped forward, then it ran off." Ridge admitted. "Lets go hunting before nightfall." He padded out of the den. "When we're finished hunting we can collect some moss for your nest." The tom added.

Teza
November 21st, 2016, 09:31 PM
"I didn't chase it off, it was young and I guess it had been in a battle with some other cat because it had scars almost everywhere on it. All it did was give me one glance and I jumped forward, then it ran off." Ridge admitted. "Lets go hunting before nightfall." He padded out of the den. "When we're finished hunting we can collect some moss for your nest." The tom added.

Steam nodded, feeling slight heat in her cheeks. Great ancestors above she was pathetic right now. Maybe it's because she hadn't seen a tom that wasn't her sibling in many moons? Or maybe it's because she'd never seen a friendly tom.

"Yeah, I agree," she said. She hoped he didn't catch the constant stutter in her voice. She hated that.

Dawn & Dark
November 22nd, 2016, 04:21 PM
Steam nodded, feeling slight heat in her cheeks. Great ancestors above she was pathetic right now. Maybe it's because she hadn't seen a tom that wasn't her sibling in many moons? Or maybe it's because she'd never seen a friendly tom.

"Yeah, I agree," she said. She hoped he didn't catch the constant stutter in her voice. She hated that.

Ridge walked out of the den. "Come on, lets go." He motioned for her to follow. "I know a good place for hunting, and for finding moss."

Teza
November 24th, 2016, 08:31 PM
Ridge walked out of the small clearing where Ridge Rock laid. He jumped over a fallen tree then stopped a couple fox-lengths away. "Here." Ridge meowed. He tasted the air. Robin, squirrel, vole, and mouse. Just then, he heard a small squeak. A mouse! The tom dropped into a crouch. He slowly walked forward, making sure not to step on leaves or twigs. When he was close enough, he pounced on the small creature and broke its neck. Picking up the mouse, he walked over to Stream. "Here, you should eat something. I've already had some food today."

Steam sniffed the air when Ridge did, and went after the robin nearby. she stalked the small bird, getring close enough to pounce, but still waiting. She crept a couple of tail lengths closer, then pounced, slipping a bit on her lunch and missing the bird with her paws. On the way down, she bit at it, catching its tail as it flew off, and holding it down. She then used her paws to grab the flapping bird, and pull it down. She then cracked its neck when putting it in her mouth. She brought the bird back to Ridge, and set it down. "Oh thank you, but i can catch my own prey," she said with a smile.

Dawn & Dark
November 28th, 2016, 06:01 PM
Steam sniffed the air when Ridge did, and went after the robin nearby. she stalked the small bird, getring close enough to pounce, but still waiting. She crept a couple of tail lengths closer, then pounced, slipping a bit on her lunch and missing the bird with her paws. On the way down, she bit at it, catching its tail as it flew off, and holding it down. She then used her paws to grab the flapping bird, and pull it down. She then cracked its neck when putting it in her mouth. She brought the bird back to Ridge, and set it down. "Oh thank you, but i can catch my own prey," she said with a smile.

"Ok, I'll leave it with you. I'm gonna go get some moss, if you need me you can find me." Ridge meowed. He had dropped his prey by Stream's paws and ran off a little ways away to a giant oak. Looking up and down the tree, he climbed up and pushed his way to a thick branch mouse a fox length away from the ground. Ridge pawed some moss off the branch to the ground and jumped higher into the tree. He did the same thing four more times until the pile was huge. The tom jumped down and gathered the moss under his chin and in his mouth. Ridge walked back to Ridge Rock and dropped the moss under it.

Teza
November 28th, 2016, 08:47 PM
"Ok, I'll leave it with you. I'm gonna go get some moss, if you need me you can find me." Ridge meowed. He had dropped his prey by Stream's paws and ran off a little ways away to a giant oak. Looking up and down the tree, he climbed up and pushed his way to a thick branch mouse a fox length away from the ground. Ridge pawed some moss off the branch to the ground and jumped higher into the tree. He did the same thing four more times until the pile was huge. The tom jumped down and gathered the moss under his chin and in his mouth. Ridge walked back to Ridge Rock and dropped the moss under it.

Steam nodded, then sniffed around. She had dropped her bird with Ridge's prey, and soon caught a bit more before heading back to his den. She grabbed all the prey by the tail so she'd have enough room in her mouth to carry it all, then dropped it just under the jutting rock, and pricking her ears to Ridge. "So how'd you end up all the way out here anyway?" she asked.

Dawn & Dark
November 30th, 2016, 05:50 PM
Steam nodded, then sniffed around. She had dropped her bird with Ridge's prey, and soon caught a bit more before heading back to his den. She grabbed all the prey by the tail so she'd have enough room in her mouth to carry it all, then dropped it just under the jutting rock, and pricking her ears to Ridge. "So how'd you end up all the way out here anyway?" she asked.

Ridge glanced at Stream. "When I left my litter, I had to travel days to come by here. I found this place and thought it was a good place to settle, so I've been here ever since." He explain. "I learned everything on my own. Hunting, climbing, sensing, and somewhat swimming." He sighed. "I really don't know why we have to leave our kin, it's hard enough learning things on your own. It took me days to learn how to hunt, so I just pounced on and killed weak prey."

Teza
December 1st, 2016, 02:16 PM
Ridge glanced at Stream. "When I left my litter, I had to travel days to come by here. I found this place and thought it was a good place to settle, so I've been here ever since." He explain. "I learned everything on my own. Hunting, climbing, sensing, and somewhat swimming." He sighed. "I really don't know why we have to leave our kin, it's hard enough learning things on your own. It took me days to learn how to hunt, so I just pounced on and killed weak prey."

"I'm sorry to hear that. My father trained my littermates and I in hunting and climbing, while my mother taught us everything else. I only just left my family a few days ago," she said, feeling sorry for Ridge. "Well hey, at least you have this great place all to yourself," she said cheerily.

Dawn & Dark
December 2nd, 2016, 03:30 PM
"I'm sorry to hear that. My father trained my littermates and I in hunting and climbing, while my mother taught us everything else. I only just left my family a few days ago," she said, feeling sorry for Ridge. "Well hey, at least you have this great place all to yourself," she said cheerily.

"It gets lonely sometimes, but I always think about other things." Ridge meowed. He glanced up at the sky. "It's getting a little dark. If you want you can build your nest." He pointed his tail to the moss. "You can make it anywhere you want, in my den, on the rock, or under the ledge." The tom pawed the moss over in front of them two.

Teza
December 3rd, 2016, 01:10 AM
"It gets lonely sometimes, but I always think about other things." Ridge meowed. He glanced up at the sky. "It's getting a little dark. If you want you can build your nest." He pointed his tail to the moss. "You can make it anywhere you want, in my den, on the rock, or under the ledge." The tom pawed the moss over in front of them two.

"Thanks," she said, then started making her nest under the ledge. She didn't want to invade her new friend's privacy any more than she already had. She slowly spread the moss around,keeping it slightly fluffy as well as big enough for her to fit. When she was finished, she went back, picked up the mouse Ridge caught, and started eating.

Dawn & Dark
December 3rd, 2016, 01:15 PM
Ridge walked into his den after Stream got the moss. He pawed out some herbs from the rock and dirt wall. I know what some of these do, but not all. I should keep these around just in case anything happens. He thought. Lets see.. Juniper for bellyaches, Horsetail for infected wounds, Poppy Seeds for numbing pain and sleep, but only two. I should wait a while before going over the rest. Ridge pushed the herbs back into the crack in the wall and sat down in his nest.

Teza
January 1st, 2017, 03:50 PM
Steam tilted her head a bit at what Ridge was doing. "Are those herbs?" she asked as she padded closer. She wasn't sure what any of them did, but knew the smell of some herbs by the stench. She sat down and curled her tail around her paws, pricking her ears toward the tom.

(Sorry this is so late, I've been moving states)

Dawn & Dark
January 12th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Steam tilted her head a bit at what Ridge was doing. "Are those herbs?" she asked as she padded closer. She wasn't sure what any of them did, but knew the smell of some herbs by the stench. She sat down and curled her tail around her paws, pricking her ears toward the tom.

(Sorry this is so late, I've been moving states)

(that's fine!) "Er, yes." Ridge meowed. "I've found them around the territory, and decided to keep them." The tom had his tail curled around his paws. "Just in case something were to happen, like a cat got wounds." He yawned. The sun was setting, and the sky had turned a beautiful orange, pink, blue, and violet.

Teza
January 12th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Dawn & Dark

I've actually given Steam away. I wasn't doing her character justice, and I'm surprised that the new owner hasn't gotten ahold of you yet. Sorry :(

Dawn & Dark
January 12th, 2017, 06:44 PM
@Dawn & Dark (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=59)

I've actually given Steam away. I wasn't doing her character justice, and I'm surprised that the new owner hasn't gotten ahold of you yet. Sorry :(

eh, I don't come here often anymore, so that's fine