PDA

View Full Version : Raven's Grotto (jump in at anytime)

Pengu
July 1st, 2017, 07:39 AM
Raven isn't a very calm cat, rather sharp-tongued and aggressive. She used to be a kittypet, but her twolegs abandoned her on the edge of a forest after she bit their newborn child, and she immediately took the the life of a rogue. She traveled for days trying to find the perfect territory, and eventually, she did. She fought a long and hard battle with the who already claimed the territory as her own, and she knew some brilliant battle moves after watching countless battles between rogues when she'd escaped her garden in her twoleg's home. Now, she patrols the borders of her territory daily, hunting and fighting when needed. She camps at small grotto with stepping stones leading to her cave where she sleeps. Raven herself is a small black cat with green eyes. Her muscular and lithe body carries her through the undergrowth in silence, and her claws were sharper than a lot of cats she'd seen. The same went for her teeth. Her fur is occasionally broken by jagged scars from battles she'd fought.

-----

Raven licked her paw nonchalantly, her fur shining in the sunlight. She yawned as she took a few steps forward out of her cave and licked up some water from her pond (pond?) before crossing over the stepping stones and beginning her patrol, stopping as she scented the air for prey.

July 1st, 2017, 08:01 AM
The small, thin former kittypet (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_eOd_5ZXRTqV0pscTVXVGdpU2M/view?usp=drivesdk) was wandering around the area, completely lost. She had no idea how the outside of her garden worked, but she didn't choose to leave. Her owners moved, but they forgor something. Their cat. She'd lived there on her own quite awhile, expecting her twolegs to come home at some point, but they didn't. Instead of the couple with their one older child, she got one new adult with two younger ones. As soon as the adult found her, she kicked the small, collared, grey and white she-cat out. Lost and with no idea what to do, Maggie (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_eOd_5ZXRTqS01LSTAycXM4SU0/view?usp=drivesdk) took to wandering.

Pengu
July 1st, 2017, 08:54 AM
Fawn
The scent of an unfamiliar cat drifted through Raven's nostrils, and, quick as a snake, she leaped into a tree and followed the scent, jumping from branch to branch. As she finally saw the intruder, she slitted her eyes and hissed, "What are you doing on my territory?" She poked her body back into the shade, almost hidden, with her green eyes peeking out to watch the cat's every move.

July 1st, 2017, 09:58 AM
Fawn
The scent of an unfamiliar cat drifted through Raven's nostrils, and, quick as a snake, she leaped into a tree and followed the scent, jumping from branch to branch. As she finally saw the intruder, she slitted her eyes and hissed, "What are you doing on my territory?" She poked her body back into the shade, almost hidden, with her green eyes peeking out to watch the cat's every move.

Maggie jumped as she heard a hiss and looked around. When she was met with no one seeming to be around. She began to stammer, "I-I didn't know this was your territory. I'm l-lost, I was kicked out of my home, I'm s-sorry!" The cat sounded extremely threatening, and Maggie hadn't an idea how to fight. She only had to hope she could talk her way out of this.

Pengu
July 1st, 2017, 10:51 AM
Fawn
Raven listened to the cat stammer and stutter. "Keep your socks on." She said eventually, jumping down next to the cat and sitting down calmly. "I was abandoned on the side of this forest because I bit my twoleg's child," she purred with amusement. "I eventually found this grotto," she waved her tail as the sun shone on the water. "but I had to fight for it. It didn't matter, of course I won the battle." She boasted proudly. "Anyway, how are you gonna survive the wild? You look far too..." she paused, looking for words. "fragile, delicate, to survive." She taunted.

July 1st, 2017, 12:33 PM
Fawn
Raven listened to the cat stammer and stutter. "Keep your socks on." She said eventually, jumping down next to the cat and sitting down calmly. "I was abandoned on the side of this forest because I bit my twoleg's child," she purred with amusement. "I eventually found this grotto," she waved her tail as the sun shone on the water. "but I had to fight for it. It didn't matter, of course I won the battle." She boasted proudly. "Anyway, how are you gonna survive the wild? You look far too..." she paused, looking for words. "fragile, delicate, to survive." She taunted.

Maggie glared at the other feline, insulted even though she was right. She'd never make it out here. "You don't have to be so rude about it," she grumbled, "I could learn to fight." Her tail lashed in frustration at Raven. "Why'd you bite your twoleg's child, anyway? Sounds like a dumb move to me, obviously you're going to get in trouble."

Pengu
July 1st, 2017, 07:15 PM
Maggie glared at the other feline, insulted even though she was right. She'd never make it out here. "You don't have to be so rude about it," she grumbled, "I could learn to fight." Her tail lashed in frustration at Raven. "Why'd you bite your twoleg's child, anyway? Sounds like a dumb move to me, obviously you're going to get in trouble."
"I wanted to live out here. Not a dumb move, a smart one." She explained, stopping to think about the cat's options. "Okay, spend a few moons with me. I'll teach you to hunt and fight." She said after a few minutes. "If you're up to it," she meowed, stopping and looking the cat in the eyes. "You also have to tell me your name."

July 1st, 2017, 07:53 PM
"I wanted to live out here. Not a dumb move, a smart one." She explained, stopping to think about the cat's options. "Okay, spend a few moons with me. I'll teach you to hunt and fight." She said after a few minutes. "If you're up to it," she meowed, stopping and looking the cat in the eyes. "You also have to tell me your name."

The white-and-grey she-cat's eyes widened for a moment, but she quickly recovered, getting rid of her surprised look. Instead, she exchanged it for an arched brow. "You'd really let me stay so you can train me?" She tried not to make the question sound too desperate or genuine, but that is clearly how she meant it. If Maggie were to refuse this offer, she may never come across it again, leaving her unable to defend herself if need be.
She cleared her throat, still attempting not to sound desperate. "I mean, if you really want to...." She sat down, and her pale blue eyes gave away her real feelings; relief and even some excitement. "My name is Maggie."

Pengu
July 1st, 2017, 08:11 PM
The white-and-grey she-cat's eyes widened for a moment, but she quickly recovered, getting rid of her surprised look. Instead, she exchanged it for an arched brow. "You'd really let me stay so you can train me?" She tried not to make the question sound too desperate or genuine, but that is clearly how she meant it. If Maggie were to refuse this offer, she may never come across it again, leaving her unable to defend herself if need be.
She cleared her throat, still attempting not to sound desperate. "I mean, if you really want to...." She sat down, and her pale blue eyes gave away her real feelings; relief and even some excitement. "My name is Maggie."
Raven suppressed a purr of amusement as Maggie agreed excitedly. "Well, let's start." She said before waving her tail in excitement of her own. Sure, she was aggressive, but she wouldn't mind some company for a few moons.
"Okay. What can you smell so far?" Raven asked. She herself could smell mouse, squirrel, and also, of course, Maggie.

July 1st, 2017, 09:03 PM
Raven suppressed a purr of amusement as Maggie agreed excitedly. "Well, let's start." She said before waving her tail in excitement of her own. Sure, she was aggressive, but she wouldn't mind some company for a few moons.
"Okay. What can you smell so far?" Raven asked. She herself could smell mouse, squirrel, and also, of course, Maggie.

"W-Wait!" Maggie exclaimed, "You never told me your name!" Despite this, she still attempted to follow the instructions given, and tried to sniff out what was around. It was quite embarrassing, considering there were a lot of smells that were quite unfamiliar to her. "U-Uhm... Mouse...?" The answer came out as more of an uncertain question. "O-Oh! And you! But that doesn't count... does it?" She wished she hadn't said that, and felt her ears heat up in embarrassment, feeling foolish.

Pengu
July 2nd, 2017, 12:22 AM
"W-Wait!" Maggie exclaimed, "You never told me your name!" Despite this, she still attempted to follow the instructions given, and tried to sniff out what was around. It was quite embarrassing, considering there were a lot of smells that were quite unfamiliar to her. "U-Uhm... Mouse...?" The answer came out as more of an uncertain question. "O-Oh! And you! But that doesn't count... does it?" She wished she hadn't said that, and felt her ears heat up in embarrassment, feeling foolish.
Raven purred with amusement. "I'm Raven. Good job. I can smell squirrel, mouse, and you, so you're doing well." She meowed encouragingly. "Okay, watch what I'm doing and follow along." she meowed before dropping into a hunting crouch, inching forward silently until she could see the mouse. Flicking her ears towards the animal, she waited until Maggie made her move.

July 2nd, 2017, 12:30 AM
Raven purred with amusement. "I'm Raven. Good job. I can smell squirrel, mouse, and you, so you're doing well." She meowed encouragingly. "Okay, watch what I'm doing and follow along." she meowed before dropping into a hunting crouch, inching forward silently until she could see the mouse. Flicking her ears towards the animal, she waited until Maggie made her move.

Maggie nodded, satisfied with having gotten her name. "Alright," she replied, dropping down in a crouch of her own. She tried to mimick Raven's crouch, and ended up with quite a sloppy one. Nevertheless, she stalked forward, trying to be as quiet as she could. When she caught site of the mouse, she stood there for a moment, before going to pounce. On her way of jumping into the rodent, however, her paw got caught in a small bush and tripped her, startling the mouse on her way. Being a kittypet that usually stayed in the house, she had mever needed to hunt before. "Sorry...." She looked nervously back at the other she-cat. Would she kick Maggie out because she was so horrible? Would Raven think of her as unteachable now? Maggie got a little more nervous, sitting up from where she'd tripped. Her head was bowed a little, ashamed to have failed so miserably.

Pengu
July 2nd, 2017, 12:42 AM
Maggie nodded, satisfied with having gotten her name. "Alright," she replied, dropping down in a crouch of her own. She tried to mimick Raven's crouch, and ended up with quite a sloppy one. Nevertheless, she stalked forward, trying to be as quiet as she could. When she caught site of the mouse, she stood there for a moment, before going to pounce. On her way of jumping into the rodent, however, her paw got caught in a small bush and tripped her, startling the mouse on her way. Being a kittypet that usually stayed in the house, she had mever needed to hunt before. "Sorry...." She looked nervously back at the other she-cat. Would she kick Maggie out because she was so horrible? Would Raven think of her as unteachable now? Maggie got a little more nervous, sitting up from where she'd tripped. Her head was bowed a little, ashamed to have failed so miserably.
Noticing how down Maggie looked after her failed hunt, Raven smiled. "It's okay. When I first tried to hunt a mouse I ended up tripping over a tree root and falling on my face. You did better than me. Anyway, watch me as I catch the squirrel I told you about earlier. It's pretty easy for me because I can jump high, but if you can't jump high it doesn't matter." As soon as she finished speaking, she turned around to the tree the squirrel was in before boosting herself off of the ground with her powerful back legs and jumping to one of the highest branches, two branches off where the squirrel was. As the branch shook under her weight, she steadied herself and jumped onto the squirrel's branch. She unsheathed and sheathed her claws in excitement before hooking one of her unforgiving claws into the squirrels tail as it turned to flee, and killed it with a bite to the neck before grabbing it in her mouth and jumping down. "See?"

Pengu
July 3rd, 2017, 02:56 AM
bump

July 3rd, 2017, 05:51 PM
Noticing how down Maggie looked after her failed hunt, Raven smiled. "It's okay. When I first tried to hunt a mouse I ended up tripping over a tree root and falling on my face. You did better than me. Anyway, watch me as I catch the squirrel I told you about earlier. It's pretty easy for me because I can jump high, but if you can't jump high it doesn't matter." As soon as she finished speaking, she turned around to the tree the squirrel was in before boosting herself off of the ground with her powerful back legs and jumping to one of the highest branches, two branches off where the squirrel was. As the branch shook under her weight, she steadied herself and jumped onto the squirrel's branch. She unsheathed and sheathed her claws in excitement before hooking one of her unforgiving claws into the squirrels tail as it turned to flee, and killed it with a bite to the neck before grabbing it in her mouth and jumping down. "See?"

(Sorry for the absence! I'm on vacation and I was super busy yesterday, and there was barely any service nearly everywhere we went. I'm staying at a family friends' house for the rest of it, so I should be good to roleplay with just a small decrease in activity!)

Maggie watched in amazement as the squirrel was killed. When the branch shook a little woth the weight of the she-cat, she became a little worried it would break; she soon realized, though, that it was quite sturdy, and Raven wouldn't fall. By then, the she-cat had leaped to the squirrel's branch and soon killed it. Raven made it look so easy, and she hoped she could hunt like that within the few moons she'd stay here. "That was amazing!" She exclaimed, "Will I ever be that good?" Her tail lashed a bit in excitement as well. "When can I practice again?" She questioned eagerly, "I think I can do it next time!"

Pengu
July 4th, 2017, 04:09 PM
(Sorry for the absence! I'm on vacation and I was super busy yesterday, and there was barely any service nearly everywhere we went. I'm staying at a family friends' house for the rest of it, so I should be good to roleplay with just a small decrease in activity!)

Maggie watched in amazement as the squirrel was killed. When the branch shook a little woth the weight of the she-cat, she became a little worried it would break; she soon realized, though, that it was quite sturdy, and Raven wouldn't fall. By then, the she-cat had leaped to the squirrel's branch and soon killed it. Raven made it look so easy, and she hoped she could hunt like that within the few moons she'd stay here. "That was amazing!" She exclaimed, "Will I ever be that good?" Her tail lashed a bit in excitement as well. "When can I practice again?" She questioned eagerly, "I think I can do it next time!"
its fine! im going away for 4 days today, but i should be able to roleplay)

"Pfft. Of course you will be." Raven purred with amusement and jumped down, the squirrel still between her sharp teeth. "Now, birds, for me, are the easiest to catch. The flea-brains don't know when to keep quiet and once you've almost caught them, they start flying. All you need to do is jump, snag their wing with your claws and they drop to the ground and just wait for you to kill them." Raven let out an exasperated snort before waving her tail for her companion to follow her. She stalked through the bushes calmly, and her sharp eyes eventually found the animal that was chirping. "Stupid thrush." She muttered under her breath before creeping up. At the last second, the bird realized she was there and flew up, a second too late. Raven unsheathed her claws before jumping up, her claws slashing the birds wing. Rolling over towards where the bird would fall, she held out a paw, with her sharp claws flashing in the sunlight, as the bird fell down. It fell right into her paws, and she dropped it onto the ground and killed it with a bite to the neck. "Okay, so that whole rolling around thing probably wasn't necessary, but I like adding a bit of fun to hunting. Let's go eat." She mewed before leading the way back to the grotto. "Oh, and you can practice tomorrow. We're losing daylight."

July 4th, 2017, 06:44 PM
its fine! im going away for 4 days today, but i should be able to roleplay)

"Pfft. Of course you will be." Raven purred with amusement and jumped down, the squirrel still between her sharp teeth. "Now, birds, for me, are the easiest to catch. The flea-brains don't know when to keep quiet and once you've almost caught them, they start flying. All you need to do is jump, snag their wing with your claws and they drop to the ground and just wait for you to kill them." Raven let out an exasperated snort before waving her tail for her companion to follow her. She stalked through the bushes calmly, and her sharp eyes eventually found the animal that was chirping. "Stupid thrush." She muttered under her breath before creeping up. At the last second, the bird realized she was there and flew up, a second too late. Raven unsheathed her claws before jumping up, her claws slashing the birds wing. Rolling over towards where the bird would fall, she held out a paw, with her sharp claws flashing in the sunlight, as the bird fell down. It fell right into her paws, and she dropped it onto the ground and killed it with a bite to the neck. "Okay, so that whole rolling around thing probably wasn't necessary, but I like adding a bit of fun to hunting. Let's go eat." She mewed before leading the way back to the grotto. "Oh, and you cant practice tomorrow. We're losing daylight."

(alright! if you can't, though, i understand!)

Maggie grinned as she listened to Raven's response, and eagerly followed at the other she-cat's beckon. As she witnessed the loner creeping up on a bird, a thrush as she'd heard from Raven herself, she made sure to be silent. She studied Raven's movements, taking all of it in so she could remember how to move and hold herself while she was stalking. When she jumped up, her fur reflecting the sunlight, Maggie was amazed at how high it was. She hoped she could get to leap that high. She made sure to watch closely, watching the hunting cat's flowing movements as she lashed a paw of unsheathed claws toward the wing of the bird, watching as it fell and was swiftly killed with a bite from the cat who wounded its wing. "Again, that was amazing!" Maggie mewed in awe, her dark gray tail lashing, a big smile on her face. Throughout Raven's hunt, she had wide eyes that glimmered with wonder. She'd never even witnessed hunting until she met Raven. Suddenly, the other she-cat's voice cut through her thoughts. She nodded. "Yeah, alright!" She agreed, "Lead the way, then!"

Pengu
July 7th, 2017, 03:50 AM
(alright! if you can't, though, i understand!)

Maggie grinned as she listened to Raven's response, and eagerly followed at the other she-cat's beckon. As she witnessed the loner creeping up on a bird, a thrush as she'd heard from Raven herself, she made sure to be silent. She studied Raven's movements, taking all of it in so she could remember how to move and hold herself while she was stalking. When she jumped up, her fur reflecting the sunlight, Maggie was amazed at how high it was. She hoped she could get to leap that high. She made sure to watch closely, watching the hunting cat's flowing movements as she lashed a paw of unsheathed claws toward the wing of the bird, watching as it fell and was swiftly killed with a bite from the cat who wounded its wing. "Again, that was amazing!" Maggie mewed in awe, her dark gray tail lashing, a big smile on her face. Throughout Raven's hunt, she had wide eyes that glimmered with wonder. She'd never even witnessed hunting until she met Raven. Suddenly, the other she-cat's voice cut through her thoughts. She nodded. "Yeah, alright!" She agreed, "Lead the way, then!"

Raven moved through the undergrowth silently, her two catches nestled in her large jaws. As she stepped over the stepping stones and into her cave, she sat down. "Which one do you want?@ she asked, pointing her tail towards the squirrel and the thrush.

(Sorry it's short)

July 7th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Raven moved through the undergrowth silently, her two catches nestled in her large jaws. As she stepped over the stepping stones and into her cave, she sat down. "Which one do you want?@ she asked, pointing her tail towards the squirrel and the thrush.

(Sorry it's short)

The white calico-siamese studied the two catches, wondering which she should take. She's never had either, so she tried to figure out which she might like better. She wanted to tell Raven to pick first, but didn't want to delay mealtime by arguing over who eats what. She'd never had squirrel before. She hadn't had thrush either, but she had eaten birds; there'd been times when her twolegs had given her bits of chicken or turkey. "I think I'll take the thrush, please," she finally decided.

(it's okay!!!)

Pengu
July 7th, 2017, 07:52 PM
The white calico-siamese studied the two catches, wondering which she should take. She's never had either, so she tried to figure out which she might like better. She wanted to tell Raven to pick first, but didn't want to delay mealtime by arguing over who eats what. She'd never had squirrel before. She hadn't had thrush either, but she had eaten birds; there'd been times when her twolegs had given her bits of chicken or turkey. "I think I'll take the thrush, please," she finally decided.

(it's okay!!!)

"Thrush it is." Raven pushed the thrush towards her before taking a bite of the squirrel. "Mmmmmm..." she purred happily.

(Ahhh I can't think of anything)

July 7th, 2017, 08:09 PM
"Thrush it is." Raven pushed the thrush towards her before taking a bite of the squirrel. "Mmmmmm..." she purred happily.

(Ahhh I can't think of anything)

Maggie smiled, reaching down and sinking her teeth into the thrush. The flavor, being her first taste if wild prey, shocked her. It tasted nothing like chicken or turkey, but much, much better. The taste of the meat flooded her mouth, and she mimicked Raven's sound. "This," she mewed as she finishes the first bite, "is absolutely delicious!" She took another bite, quite an un-she-cat-like one at that, and felt her face and ears heat up at the sudden sloppiness of her eating. Once she swallowed, she smiled sheelishly at Raven. "Sorry, that was rude of me," she laughed a little as she spoke, before continuing more neatly.

(it's okay! take your time!)

Pengu
July 8th, 2017, 02:25 AM
Maggie smiled, reaching down and sinking her teeth into the thrush. The flavor, being her first taste if wild prey, shocked her. It tasted nothing like chicken or turkey, but much, much better. The taste of the meat flooded her mouth, and she mimicked Raven's sound. "This," she mewed as she finishes the first bite, "is absolutely delicious!" She took another bite, quite an un-she-cat-like one at that, and felt her face and ears heat up at the sudden sloppiness of her eating. Once she swallowed, she smiled sheelishly at Raven. "Sorry, that was rude of me," she laughed a little as she spoke, before continuing more neatly.

(it's okay! take your time!)

"Don't worry. When you taste something new you tend to eat quite sloppily. I ate like that when I first tasted wild prey." She admitted before jumping at a sudden sound. "Wait here." Raven mewed before poking her head outside. She yowled in fear as she saw a dog turn towards her, and quickly ran back to Maggie. "Follow me!" She ordered the former kittypet before quickly running over the stepping stones and jumping up into a tree, hooking her claws into the bark and gradually climbing up. The dog yelped, jumping around at the bottom of the tree, and she hoped Maggie would make it before the dogs got to her.

(tbh it was getting kinda boring, needed a bit of drama lol)

July 8th, 2017, 07:01 AM
"Don't worry. When you taste something new you tend to eat quite sloppily. I ate like that when I first tasted wild prey." She admitted before jumping at a sudden sound. "Wait here." Raven mewed before poking her head outside. She yowled in fear as she saw a dog turn towards her, and quickly ran back to Maggie. "Follow me!" She ordered the former kittypet before quickly running over the stepping stones and jumping up into a tree, hooking her claws into the bark and gradually climbing up. The dog yelped, jumping around at the bottom of the tree, and she hoped Maggie would make it before the dogs got to her.

(tbh it was getting kinda boring, needed a bit of drama lol)

Maggie jumped, startled, as Raven suddenly appeared and told her to follow. She leaped to hee feet, running our of the cave and freezing in sudden shock and fear at the sight of the large brown creature. She didn't know what to do, shakily looking around for Raven until she spotted her in the tree. Her heart nearky stopped when she realized the dog was right at the bottom, but its attention seemed to be trained on Raven. She took this chance to dash acrossed the stepping stones, nearly stumbling as she made a sharp turn to the side and dashed around the sog, leaping up amd latching her claws into the tree. Her heart felt like it was going to burst our of her chest, and all of her movements were shaky. Her legs felt weak, but she knew she could fall from where she was; just above the dog, and if she was to fall she'd tumble straight into the beast's jaws.

Never having climbed a tree before, Maggie was terrified, her claws sunken into the bark. She felt like if she moved a claw from where it was to progress up the tree, it would immediately put her off and she'd end up losing her grip. After a terrified glance down at the beady-eyed beast, though, she scared herself into progressing, thoughts of the dog somehow reaching her where she was flooding her mind and making her shudder. The former kittypet slowly, carefully unlatched a claw, bringing it up above her head and digging her claws into the bark again. repeating with each of her other paws, she found herself slowly making her way up the tree, and soon enough, she was at the top by Raven, collapsing on one of the thick branches and breathing heavily. "Th-That was-s ter-terrifying," she stuttered weakly, her wide, scares eyes looking down at the dangerous creature.

(i agree. nice thinking!)

Pengu
July 8th, 2017, 05:52 PM
Maggie jumped, startled, as Raven suddenly appeared and told her to follow. She leaped to hee feet, running our of the cave and freezing in sudden shock and fear at the sight of the large brown creature. She didn't know what to do, shakily looking around for Raven until she spotted her in the tree. Her heart nearky stopped when she realized the dog was right at the bottom, but its attention seemed to be trained on Raven. She took this chance to dash acrossed the stepping stones, nearly stumbling as she made a sharp turn to the side and dashed around the sog, leaping up amd latching her claws into the tree. Her heart felt like it was going to burst our of her chest, and all of her movements were shaky. Her legs felt weak, but she knew she could fall from where she was; just above the dog, and if she was to fall she'd tumble straight into the beast's jaws.

Never having climbed a tree before, Maggie was terrified, her claws sunken into the bark. She felt like if she moved a claw from where it was to progress up the tree, it would immediately put her off and she'd end up losing her grip. After a terrified glance down at the beady-eyed beast, though, she scared herself into progressing, thoughts of the dog somehow reaching her where she was flooding her mind and making her shudder. The former kittypet slowly, carefully unlatched a claw, bringing it up above her head and digging her claws into the bark again. repeating with each of her other paws, she found herself slowly making her way up the tree, and soon enough, she was at the top by Raven, collapsing on one of the thick branches and breathing heavily. "Th-That was-s ter-terrifying," she stuttered weakly, her wide, scares eyes looking down at the dangerous creature.

(i agree. nice thinking!)
Seeing how terrified Maggie looked, Raven gripped her claws into the bark of the tree and murmered, "Well, now you know what a dog looks like. They can't jump very high, and they don't climb. If you ever see one, get somewhere high and you're safe. However, there are wild dogs just like there are wild cats, and that means that eventually, no Twolegs will come to get it and it'll stay, trying to get a meal." She opened the mouth and tasted the air, and the smell of garbage reached her. "This one's wild. If it's wild, you attack it, like this."

Jumping off the branch, she landed on the ground and pretended to have a limp. "Oh, it hurts so much!" She knew the dog wouldn't be able to understand her, but would think that she was actually injured from the note of fear in her voice. It came barreling towards her, and she unsheathed her claws, slashing at it's nose. It growled, reaching up a paw to rub it's nose. Having done this plenty of times before, she slid down through the gap where the dog's leg once was, and slashed it's soft belly with her claws. It yelped, and she rolled away before it could try and attack her. It snarled at her, and Raven hissed, before it ran off her territory. "And stay away, flea-bag!" She yowled after it. Looking up in the branches, she mewed, "You can come down now."

July 8th, 2017, 06:54 PM
Seeing how terrified Maggie looked, Raven gripped her claws into the bark of the tree and murmered, "Well, now you know what a dog looks like. They can't jump very high, and they don't climb. If you ever see one, get somewhere high and you're safe. However, there are wild dogs just like there are wild cats, and that means that eventually, no Twolegs will come to get it and it'll stay, trying to get a meal." She opened the mouth and tasted the air, and the smell of garbage reached her. "This one's wild. If it's wild, you attack it, like this."

Jumping off the branch, she landed on the ground and pretended to have a limp. "Oh, it hurts so much!" She knew the dog wouldn't be able to understand her, but would think that she was actually injured from the note of fear in her voice. It came barreling towards her, and she unsheathed her claws, slashing at it's nose. It growled, reaching up a paw to rub it's nose. Having done this plenty of times before, she slid down through the gap where the dog's leg once was, and slashed it's soft belly with her claws. It yelped, and she rolled away before it could try and attack her. It snarled at her, and Raven hissed, before it ran off her territory. "And stay away, flea-bag!" She yowled after it. Looking up in the branches, she mewed, "You can come down now."

Maggie swore her heart stop when she found out the dog wasn't domesticated and no owner would be coming for it, even more so when Raven said you're to attack it. She watched as the she-cat leaped from the branch, and she immediately thought her to be insane. She was actually quite convincing as well, amd if Maggie hadn't known it was an act she would've thought Raven was actual injured. She watched all though the fight, until the dog ran away. The siamese-calico's eyes were wide, her claws still sunken into the branch she was on. Then, still wide-eyed, she made her way down slowly, and stared at Raven for a moment. "You're crazy!" She finally excalimed, "I can't believe you had the guts to do that!" Then, recalling what she said earlier about attacking it if it was wild, she added, "Uh, c-cant you just wait for it to go away if it's wild? It has to eventually.... R-Right?"

Pengu
July 8th, 2017, 07:38 PM
Maggie swore her heart stop when she found out the dog wasn't domesticated and no owner would be coming for it, even more so when Raven said you're to attack it. She watched as the she-cat leaped from the branch, and she immediately thought her to be insane. She was actually quite convincing as well, and if Maggie hadn't known it was an act she would've thought Raven was actual injured. She watched all though the fight, until the dog ran away. The siamese-calico's eyes were wide, her claws still sunken into the branch she was on. Then, still wide-eyed, she made her way down slowly, and stared at Raven for a moment. "You're crazy!" She finally excalimed, "I can't believe you had the guts to do that!" Then, recalling what she said earlier about attacking it if it was wild, she added, "Uh, c-cant you just wait for it to go away if it's wild? It has to eventually.... R-Right?"
Raven licked her paw nonchalantly, passing it over her ear. "No, Maggie. Stray dogs wait around for a meal until you give up or drive them off." She explained. "And I don't give up." She mewed before calmly padding over the stepping stones and into her cave, going back to eating. Once she'd finished her squirrel, she swiped her tongue over her jaws and lapped up some of the cold water from the pond.

July 10th, 2017, 01:47 AM
Raven licked her paw nonchalantly, passing it over her ear. "No, Maggie. Stray dogs wait around for a meal until you give up or drive them off." She explained. "And I don't give up." She mewed before calmly padding over the stepping stones and into her cave, going back to eating. Once she'd finished her squirrel, she swiped her tongue over her jaws and lapped up some of the cold water from the pond.

Maggie looked down at a fallen leaf, ears flattening. "Oh." She followed Raven back to the cave, finishing her own food, and followed the she-cat's actions when she drank from the lake. She knew it'd be hard to learn how to do everything needed to survive as a loner, espeically considering she'd never had to do much for herself, living with her twolegs. She believed, though, with the help of Raven, she'd get it.

(sorry if it's short)

Pengu
July 11th, 2017, 06:35 AM
"Come on, follow me. Sometimes foxes invade dens at night, and you need to be able to climb trees to get away from them." Raven mewed before crossing the stepping stones yet again. She leaped up into a tree,
clawing her way up onto the lowest branch which was many fox lengths above her head. "Foxes are pretty much dogs, but they can't be kept as pets." She explained, looking down at Maggie. "But they can still jump high when they want to. To jump high, you crouch down and tense up your muscles, like this." She demonstrated the move, shifting so most of her weight was on her hindquarters. "Then you jump. Try it." She encouraged the former kittypet.

July 12th, 2017, 02:52 AM
"Come on, follow me. Sometimes foxes invade dens at night, and you need to be able to climb trees to get away from them." Raven mewed before crossing the stepping stones yet again. She leaped up into a tree,
clawing her way up onto the lowest branch which was many fox lengths above her head. "Foxes are pretty much dogs, but they can't be kept as pets." She explained, looking down at Maggie. "But they can still jump high when they want to. To jump high, you crouch down and tense up your muscles, like this." She demonstrated the move, shifting so most of her weight was on her hindquarters. "Then you jump. Try it." She encouraged the former kittypet.

"Foxes sound terrifying," the siamese-calico mumbled as she followed the loner she-cat, watching as closely as she could as Raven demonstrated the first parts of taking a high leap. She listened closely as well, taking in every word. Once Raven had done her thing, Maggie attempted to mimick the actions, crouching down and putting most of her weight on her hindquarters. She tensed her muscles, shoulders rising amd falling one at a time in preparation, before she tried the move. Before she knew it, her front paws were off the ground, and her back paws followed soon after. She saw the branch Ravem was on getting closer, but suddenly it started falling away. The fomer kittypet braced herself to land and did so on all four paws. Though it felt pretty high to her, she certainly didn't reach as high as she felt like she had, with it being her first time trying to jump higher than her twoleg's counter and all. "Did I do well?" She looked at the she-cat who was training her, expectancy in her large blue eyes and her head cocked to the side very slightly.

Pengu
July 12th, 2017, 05:54 AM
"Foxes sound terrifying," the siamese-calico mumbled as she followed the loner she-cat, watching as closely as she could as Raven demonstrated the first parts of taking a high leap. She listened closely as well, taking in every word. Once Raven had done her thing, Maggie attempted to mimick the actions, crouching down and putting most of her weight on her hindquarters. She tensed her muscles, shoulders rising amd falling one at a time in preparation, before she tried the move. Before she knew it, her front paws were off the ground, and her back paws followed soon after. She saw the branch Ravem was on getting closer, but suddenly it started falling away. The fomer kittypet braced herself to land and did so on all four paws. Though it felt pretty high to her, she certainly didn't reach as high as she felt like she had, with it being her first time trying to jump higher than her twoleg's counter and all. "Did I do well?" She looked at the she-cat who was training her, expectancy in her large blue eyes and her head cocked to the side very slightly.
"Yes. Then you climb the rest of the way." Raven mewed, her green orbs the only visible part of her in the dark night. She stiffened as she smelt the scent of rabbit, blood mingling in with it. "Wait there." She jumped from tree to tree, following the scent quietly. She saw the same dog from earlier padding away from some rabbit, there was still some left. Hmmm... Raven narrowed her eyes, and jumped back over to Maggie. "That dog killed a rabbit, there's still some left." She meowed nonchalantly before saying, "Anyway, even though fox fur is orange, it still blends in well at night, so it'd be no use trying to look for it." As a cold wind blew through her fur, she leaped down, landing on all four paws. "Let's go, we can practice more tomorrow." She swiftly jumped to each stepping stone and curled up inside, pretending to sleep and waiting for Maggie to be asleep and dreaming before she did her test.

Pengu
July 14th, 2017, 10:13 PM
bump

July 15th, 2017, 03:23 AM
"Yes. Then you climb the rest of the way." Raven mewed, her green orbs the only visible part of her in the dark night. She stiffened as she smelt the scent of rabbit, blood mingling in with it. "Wait there." She jumped from tree to tree, following the scent quietly. She saw the same dog from earlier padding away from some rabbit, there was still some left. Hmmm... Raven narrowed her eyes, and jumped back over to Maggie. "That dog killed a rabbit, there's still some left." She meowed nonchalantly before saying, "Anyway, even though fox fur is orange, it still blends in well at night, so it'd be no use trying to look for it." As a cold wind blew through her fur, she leaped down, landing on all four paws. "Let's go, we can practice more tomorrow." She swiftly jumped to each stepping stone and curled up inside, pretending to sleep and waiting for Maggie to be asleep and dreaming before she did her test.

Maggie nodded, shivering at the cold breeze. She followed Raven wuite quickly, eager to get some rest. She felt her eyelids drooping by now, and her muscles ached from their activities today, not used to being very active. She knew she was in for a rude awakening tomorrow, they'd probably be super sore and then Raven would more than likely be ready to train more. The calico-siamese certainly wouldn't complain out loud, though. If she wanted to survive in the wild, she couldn't let some achey muscles get to her. When she arrived at the den, she saw Raven already curled up and asleep, and she immediately did the same, closing her bright blue eyes and immediately slipping into her own world of dreams.

Pengu
July 15th, 2017, 04:31 AM
Maggie nodded, shivering at the cold breeze. She followed Raven wuite quickly, eager to get some rest. She felt her eyelids drooping by now, and her muscles ached from their activities today, not used to being very active. She knew she was in for a rude awakening tomorrow, they'd probably be super sore and then Raven would more than likely be ready to train more. The calico-siamese certainly wouldn't complain out loud, though. If she wanted to survive in the wild, she couldn't let some achey muscles get to her. When she arrived at the den, she saw Raven already curled up and asleep, and she immediately did the same, closing her bright blue eyes and immediately slipping into her own world of dreams.
When Maggie fell asleep, Raven quietly padded out of the cave and over the stepping stones, leaping up into a tree and climbing to the second highest branch. She waited a few minutes before barking like a fox, hoping Maggie would wake up and remember what she'd taught her.

CreatureOfHabit
July 16th, 2017, 05:02 PM
It was midnight, witching hour. It was black as pitch, and an eerie silence had fallen softly, like a leaf in fall. Tadpole blinked her violet eyes open, taking a stretch. Trying to be as quiet as possible, she crept, a whiskerlength away from her twoleg's resting den, to see if they had stirred. She paused, and once she was convinced, gently padded into the kitchen, her fur brushing against the small hard flap that she usually went to and fro from. She opened her mouth the breath in the scents of the forest. This was it. Tonight was the night.

CreatureOfHabit
July 16th, 2017, 05:29 PM
Burr paced around anxious. Had Tadpole forgotten and fallen asleep? Just as his mind was about to drift further into his worries, he heard a rustle in the bushes.
A small furry head popped out, her eyes glowing under the moonlight with excitement. She dashed at him, barely giving him a chance to react as he lost his footing. He growled, playfully batting at her, and the two were drawn into a play fight. "Why are you late? Burr mumbled through a mouthful of Tadpole's fur. Tadpole paused a moment, settling down on the grass. " I may or may not have gotten distracted by chasing a squirrel.." she responded, sheepishly licking her chest fur. Burr gave her a stern look, and turned to say " Well, lets hope that you learning to survive out here will give you a quicker attention span". Tadpole nodded silently as the two of them padding out, side by side into the unknown.

July 16th, 2017, 08:17 PM
Pengu, ThatOneWarriorCatNerd

The frightening calls startled Maggie awake, who groggily listened for a moment, confused. After a second, she immediately realized what it was, and shot to her paws, shaking and panicking. Her eyes wide, she bolted out of the den, searching for the nearest tree before taking a running start and leaping as high as she could, gripping the bark and clawing her way to the top of a branch higher than the lowest, looking frantically around for the creature who made the noise. In her haste, she had passed what looked to be two forms, but they seemed small to be a fox. Still, though, she had lost sight of them and looked fearfully around for both the forms she'd passed and the fox. She also noticed that Raven wasn't around, but figured and hoped she, too, had run. Guilt began to wash over her as she realized she might've just abandoned the other she-cat, and her ears flattened against her head as she hoped with all she had that Raven had run like she taught Maggie herself.

DragonChaos
July 16th, 2017, 08:24 PM
(habit to ask, but can I join in with a young crying-ish cat that's about 5-6 moons?)

Pengu
July 18th, 2017, 05:32 AM
Pengu, ThatOneWarriorCatNerd

The frightening calls startled Maggie awake, who groggily listened for a moment, confused. After a second, she immediately realized what it was, and shot to her paws, shaking and panicking. Her eyes wide, she bolted out of the den, searching for the nearest tree before taking a running start and leaping as high as she could, gripping the bark and clawing her way to the top of a branch higher than the lowest, looking frantically around for the creature who made the noise. In her haste, she had passed what looked to be two forms, but they seemed small to be a fox. Still, though, she had lost sight of them and looked fearfully around for both the forms she'd passed and the fox. She also noticed that Raven wasn't around, but figured and hoped she, too, had run. Guilt began to wash over her as she realized she might've just abandoned the other she-cat, and her ears flattened against her head as she hoped with all she had that Raven had run like she taught Maggie herself.
DragonChaos sure!

Raven watched the she cat jump up into the trees, and flicked her tail in satisfaction. "She remembers." The black she-cat muttered under her breath before jumping from her tree to Maggie's tree. "Good. You remembered. There's no fox,
I wanted to see if you would panic and forget things in situations like that.
Good job."

CreatureOfHabit
July 18th, 2017, 05:41 PM
*Ugh.. I'm sorry for being a lazybones.. I haven't updated....bleh.. anyways, lets go from where we left off..*

After a while of walking, neither Tadpole, nor Burr could argue that their paws ached. Trying to find shelter, they came across a small flimsy looking cardboard box that looked suspicious, but, being too tired to disagree, the exhausted duo dragged themselves into it, and dozed off.

*Sorry its so tiny..*

Pengu
July 22nd, 2017, 07:36 PM
*Ugh.. I'm sorry for being a lazybones.. I haven't updated....bleh.. anyways, lets go from where we left off..*

After a while of walking, neither Tadpole, nor Burr could argue that their paws ached. Trying to find shelter, they came across a small flimsy looking cardboard box that looked suspicious, but, being too tired to disagree, the exhausted duo dragged themselves into it, and dozed off.

*Sorry its so tiny..*
Raven watched the two cats with narrowed eyes.
(cant think)