PDA

View Full Version : ✖ a familiar scent ✖

Fel
June 15th, 2017, 08:12 PM
SilverNight

Fel
June 16th, 2017, 09:31 PM
SilverNight
Padding through the territory quietly, Lucifren wasn't exactly in the best of moods. Of course, they hadn't truly been happy in a long while- they missed someone, somebody who everyone else had seemed to have long forgotten about. Renn. Their siblings didn't exactly look as in touch with their emotions as the guard was- especially their brother, Hannibal. Though he wasn't the most relatable cat, he was certainly polite- in fact, they'd known him to have a distaste for the rude. However, setting all thoughts of their family aside, the dusty-brown furred cat let out a disappointed sigh as they looked out around the dark, forested area. Flicking their tail from side-to side quietly, the guard's eyes darkened as they stepped further and further into the woods, paws gliding through the brush carefully as they retraced their steps that they'd taken day by day, how they'd walk to find someone that they still loved. Sometimes they thought about letting him leave their mind, but remembering being able to talk to him, the beautiful conversations they'd had, it was too much to just forget about all at once. I miss you, I miss you so much. They'd stopped crying moons and moons ago, but something today reminded them of the cat who they'd loved. Who they still loved. "...Oh, Renn..." They sighed quietly, padding through the grass quietly.

I miss you.

Doom
June 17th, 2017, 01:00 AM
@fenic!
Moons since his last encounter with society, Renn tottered his way through unfamiliar undergrowth. He looked dreadful; grown sickly overtime into a skeletal frame, surviving on merely a mouse a day- if he were lucky. The former commander hadn't given up yet. Haggard and disheveled, Renn forced himself to travel until he came across an individual of sense. It felt like forever since he'd last seen his precious Lucifren. Oh how he missed them. Not a day goes by without Renn thinking of the guard, and it finally came to his attention that he’d fallen for them. I’ll get to you, Just Luci… The tom was sore, his pads ached like he were walking on pins and needles. His black fur no longer glossed with pride, for now it possessed a grungy texture and sagged messily around his neck- except where teeth marks bared his pinkish skin. Ever since the fox fight Renn had lost dignity. It pained him to think of what happened to the Dusk Syndicate after he disappeared. Surely someone stepped up to take over, but whatever happened, Just Luci was more of his concern than anything. “Lucifren…” He mumbled. “I’m so sorry…!” His hoarse voice resulted into a coughing fit, throwing him off balance to collapse on the muddied ground. His stomach cramped for food, but nothing was left to offer. He curled in pain, tail tucked between his legs and claws unsheathed against the ground.
It seemed pointless to continue. All he wanted was to see them again. For all he knew Luci could have forgotten about him by now. The thought of them swarmed his mind into a calm state, warm and fuzzy feelings swept over him. Those eyes, that pelt, their smile- everything was so vivid to him in that moment. For a moment he thought he could hear their voice: “Oh, Renn…” Surely it was imagined, but the famished tom believed it enough to say aloud, “Oh, Luci…”. Seemingly slipping into a hallucination, Renn thought he could picture a brownish figure among the horizon. It was all a blurr, but in Renn’s condition it all seemed convincing enough. “Lucifren?” He coughed out their name and blinked away the blur. A moment of cleared vision blessed him to see his love in the distance, maybe even closer than he'd imagined. Was it true? The black oriental squirmed to try and fight the weakness. Hanging on his last string of hope, Renn hissed with all his strength. “Luci please help me...!”

Fel
June 17th, 2017, 04:28 PM
@fenic!
Moons since his last encounter with society, Renn tottered his way through unfamiliar undergrowth. He looked dreadful; grown sickly overtime into a skeletal frame, surviving on merely a mouse a day- if he were lucky. The former commander hadn't given up yet. Haggard and disheveled, Renn forced himself to travel until he came across an individual of sense. It felt like forever since he'd last seen his precious Lucifren. Oh how he missed them. Not a day goes by without Renn thinking of the guard, and it finally came to his attention that he’d fallen for them. I’ll get to you, Just Luci… The tom was sore, his pads ached like he were walking on pins and needles. His black fur no longer glossed with pride, for now it possessed a grungy texture and sagged messily around his neck- except where teeth marks bared his pinkish skin. Ever since the fox fight Renn had lost dignity. It pained him to think of what happened to the Dusk Syndicate after he disappeared. Surely someone stepped up to take over, but whatever happened, Just Luci was more of his concern than anything. “Lucifren…” He mumbled. “I’m so sorry…!” His hoarse voice resulted into a coughing fit, throwing him off balance to collapse on the muddied ground. His stomach cramped for food, but nothing was left to offer. He curled in pain, tail tucked between his legs and claws unsheathed against the ground.
It seemed pointless to continue. All he wanted was to see them again. For all he knew Luci could have forgotten about him by now. The thought of them swarmed his mind into a calm state, warm and fuzzy feelings swept over him. Those eyes, that pelt, their smile- everything was so vivid to him in that moment. For a moment he thought he could hear their voice: “Oh, Renn…” Surely it was imagined, but the famished tom believed it enough to say aloud, “Oh, Luci…”. Seemingly slipping into a hallucination, Renn thought he could picture a brownish figure among the horizon. It was all a blurr, but in Renn’s condition it all seemed convincing enough. “Lucifren?” He coughed out their name and blinked away the blur. A moment of cleared vision blessed him to see his love in the distance, maybe even closer than he'd imagined. Was it true? The black oriental squirmed to try and fight the weakness. Hanging on his last string of hope, Renn hissed with all his strength. “Luci please help me...!”

Am I going crazy or something? Lucifren almost felt like there were voiced in their head, that they'd finally jumped off of the deep end as they continued their walk- it was as if the forest was speaking for itself. However, at the last voice- more of a rushed hiss than anything else, the guard's fur prickled, bristling with alert as they stopped. It couldn't be- could it? "R-Renn?" They exclaimed out into the woods, their paws pricking with curiosity as they looked around- for the cat who called them 'Just Luci', for the one who set them up on dinner dates and made everyone laugh. He was the one who made them feel complete, like a whole cat again- with an absence of closeness towards their family, he was all they'd ever had.
And then the fox came, and I thought I would never get to see him again, or hear his voice, or look into his eyes- Renn, is that really you? "Renn, it's Lucifren- it's Luci. Are you here, anywhere?" It killed them to know that he could still be alive, that everyone had given up on him like that- but if he was here, if he was still out there, then they had to do something as quickly as possible to ensure that the cat they loved would still be able to make it. Padding through the forest wildly as they searched for where his voice was coming from, their eyes lit up with frantic emotion as they looked in nooks and crannies, above the trees and under their shade, everywhere they were able to think of. "Renn!"

Doom
June 17th, 2017, 11:55 PM
Renn was roughly several fox-length away from the guard, half-hidden beneath a batch of ferns. The famished tom panted heavily now, maw open wide and tongue sagging against the earth with every breath like a pathetic dog. He couldn't call anymore, yet still desperately continued to get their attention. The moment he heard their voice call for him, loud and clear, the oriental forced his green orbs to widen and lock onto his lover. The struggle to focus strained the back of his head, but Renn refused to give up now. Scanning the environment, he calculated the distance between him and Just Luci to see any possible attention grabbers. Lucifren was approximately downhill from Renn- judging from the slightly sloped terrain. Shaking, his eyes eventually snapped shut. No! Don't blind me now! Whilst Luci searched their own surroundings, Renn shuffled his paws to try and feel out his own area for something- anything that'll work to get his attention. Smooth stones sunken in mud grazed his paws as he swiped around. Yes! Energized with an idea, the black cat dug his claws desperately into the mud to scoop out a couple pebbles. The moment they were out, Renn would fling them down the muddy slope for them to slide down towards Lucifren. One by one pebbles slipped and cooperated their way towards the dusty-brown tabby. A muddy rock pile began to form at the bottom, but that was alright. All that mattered was if Lucifren saw it.

Please, I'm right here my love, see me…

Fel
June 19th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Renn was roughly several fox-length away from the guard, half-hidden beneath a batch of ferns. The famished tom panted heavily now, maw open wide and tongue sagging against the earth with every breath like a pathetic dog. He couldn't call anymore, yet still desperately continued to get their attention. The moment he heard their voice call for him, loud and clear, the oriental forced his green orbs to widen and lock onto his lover. The struggle to focus strained the back of his head, but Renn refused to give up now. Scanning the environment, he calculated the distance between him and Just Luci to see any possible attention grabbers. Lucifren was approximately downhill from Renn- judging from the slightly sloped terrain. Shaking, his eyes eventually snapped shut. No! Don't blind me now! Whilst Luci searched their own surroundings, Renn shuffled his paws to try and feel out his own area for something- anything that'll work to get his attention. Smooth stones sunken in mud grazed his paws as he swiped around. Yes! Energized with an idea, the black cat dug his claws desperately into the mud to scoop out a couple pebbles. The moment they were out, Renn would fling them down the muddy slope for them to slide down towards Lucifren. One by one pebbles slipped and cooperated their way towards the dusty-brown tabby. A muddy rock pile began to form at the bottom, but that was alright. All that mattered was if Lucifren saw it.

Please, I'm right here my love, see me…
Sifting through the territory rather frantically, Lucifren's situation seemed even more heightened by the fact that he didn't call back- everything just seemed eerily silent, and their ears flattened as their soft amber eyes widened with worry. "Renn- Renn? I'm right here!" They called out, flicking their tail as they gazed out into the forest. Pushing through the brush quickly, their claws sliced through thin branches and dodged thicker ones- until something hit their leg. A pebble- and another, and another. Hissing in frustration as they kicked the stones away- though quickly they discovered that the rocks had subsided, and that there might be something there they needed to check out as well. Could it be that fox? If it is... Oh, I'll kill it, alright. Lucifren hadn't exactly killed anything besides simple prey- they'd certainly fought off intruders, but they had never considered themselves to go as far as to murder. However, today, they were riled up to kill as they scaled up towards the source of the rock pile, fur bristled in aggression as they narrowed their eyes. "Who's there?" They hissed, before catching sight of someone that certainly wasn't a predator- between a couple of fern bushes, there was Renn, the cat they'd been waiting for these past few moons- and despite how happy they were to see him, he looked absolutely famished. "Oh my goodness- Renn!" They exclaimed in worry, their voice turning soft as they ran towards the former commander. "Are you alright- do you need anything?" Where have you been all this time, Renn?

Doom
June 20th, 2017, 09:08 AM
@fenic!
Warmth swelled within Renn’s chest when Lucifren finally rushed to his side. The fact that he could not see his love depressed the tom- the only picture he could make out of the guard was a silhouetted blur which strained his eyes to gaze upon. There was no way he’d be able to communicate his needs in this condition, for all that digging had drained him entirely. Bushed, Renn attempted mouthing his need without the use of his vocals. Water, water, water, water... He repeated multiple times until Luci understood. Luckily it had recently rained; puddles were everywhere so it shouldn't be hard for Lucifren to accomplish their task. Although dehydration was only one of Renn’s several lethal problems that needed to be attended to. Just when Renn thought it couldn't get any worse, his chest suddenly felt as if squished by a thousand paws. He yowled in pain and tightly curled, holding his breath. After some seconds of cramped agony, Renn hacked up a coughing fit. His breathing increased and body heated dramatically. Now it was hot- too hot. The light stabbed at his green orbs and his head spun violently. The pain was intolerable- eventually the torment took over and everything turned black.
Renn had passed out.

Fel
June 23rd, 2017, 11:42 AM
@fenic!
Warmth swelled within Renn’s chest when Lucifren finally rushed to his side. The fact that he could not see his love depressed the tom- the only picture he could make out of the guard was a silhouetted blur which strained his eyes to gaze upon. There was no way he’d be able to communicate his needs in this condition, for all that digging had drained him entirely. Bushed, Renn attempted mouthing his need without the use of his vocals. Water, water, water, water... He repeated multiple times until Luci understood. Luckily it had recently rained; puddles were everywhere so it shouldn't be hard for Lucifren to accomplish their task. Although dehydration was only one of Renn’s several lethal problems that needed to be attended to. Just when Renn thought it couldn't get any worse, his chest suddenly felt as if squished by a thousand paws. He yowled in pain and tightly curled, holding his breath. After some seconds of cramped agony, Renn hacked up a coughing fit. His breathing increased and body heated dramatically. Now it was hot- too hot. The light stabbed at his green orbs and his head spun violently. The pain was intolerable- eventually the torment took over and everything turned black.
Renn had passed out.

Hotter. hotter.... water? Renn seemed too weak to move- what had caused this? Is that fox back here again? I can't have that, no way- I can't lose him again after what happened before, no way. Flicking their tail as they crouched down besides the former commander with worry in their eyes, the guard's ears flattened as they blinked their amber eyes in concentration- and then he started coughing and coughing yowling in pain. "...Water, I have to get you water!" Lucifren mumbled quietly, choking back a sob as they gazed around their immediate surroundings for puddles of water they could carry from. Picking up a fallen leaf in their jaws, they rushed over towards a small puddle only a few tail-lengths away, dipping the lead into the water and slowly carrying it over to where they placed it in front of Renn's muzzle gently. "You need to drink some, Renn- please, wake up!" They mumbled, flicking some water onto the shorthair oriental's head hurriedly, their orange eyes gleaming in hurt as they sat beside their love, flicking their ears as they mumbled to themselves. I just found him, he can't die now- please, Renn, you've got to make it through.

Doom
June 26th, 2017, 06:42 PM
@fenic!

Was this the end?
The darkness consumed Renn for what felt like forever. The tom was disappointed- there was still so much he needed to do before death. Could it all really be over like this? I’m not ready to die! Just as the chest pain grew numb and his breathing decreased, an unexpected wave of coolness washed over the tom’s face. Something leaked onto his dry tongue and seeped into his heated fur. After a light breeze passed over his body, Renn twitched awake. His eyes slowly opened and his breathing increased once more. Blinking away the fuzzed spots, the shorthair oriental regained consciousness. “Lucifren…?” He wheezed out his lover’s name. Still weak with dehydration and exhaustion, Renn’s blurry sight gazed upon a leaf set in front of him filled with water. His heart rate sped and the tom squirmed with all his might towards the leaf. Inching just enough, he plopped his muzzle right onto the cupped leaf and rapidly lapped up the life-giving water. In merely a few gulps the leaf ran empty and Renn let out a long breath of relief. Now his throat was refreshed- no longer a scratchy or dry.
Pulling together whatever strength he could gather, Renn lifted his head to look over at Lucifren. His green eyes widened in awe as he gazed upon his long lost guard. “Wow…” He breathed. “You’re stunning…” The delirious cat spoke without thought and his words were slurred. Renn smiled drowsily at Lucifren. For a moment there he thought he felt stronger than ever; strangely warm and sweet in the stomach. But of course that couldn't last long. That funny feeling quickly turned into nausea and Renn let out a wet cough. His head dropped back into the mud and he curled up again, breathing deeply with paws pressing against his chest. He yowled and hawked some more. “Luci, help me!” He managed to cough out some desperate words. “Please…” The former commander stared up at his love forlornly.

Doom
July 4th, 2017, 10:19 PM
(small bump for frisk <3)

Fel
July 8th, 2017, 12:17 AM
@fenic!

Was this the end?
The darkness consumed Renn for what felt like forever. The tom was disappointed- there was still so much he needed to do before death. Could it all really be over like this? I’m not ready to die! Just as the chest pain grew numb and his breathing decreased, an unexpected wave of coolness washed over the tom’s face. Something leaked onto his dry tongue and seeped into his heated fur. After a light breeze passed over his body, Renn twitched awake. His eyes slowly opened and his breathing increased once more. Blinking away the fuzzed spots, the shorthair oriental regained consciousness. “Lucifren…?” He wheezed out his lover’s name. Still weak with dehydration and exhaustion, Renn’s blurry sight gazed upon a leaf set in front of him filled with water. His heart rate sped and the tom squirmed with all his might towards the leaf. Inching just enough, he plopped his muzzle right onto the cupped leaf and rapidly lapped up the life-giving water. In merely a few gulps the leaf ran empty and Renn let out a long breath of relief. Now his throat was refreshed- no longer a scratchy or dry.
Pulling together whatever strength he could gather, Renn lifted his head to look over at Lucifren. His green eyes widened in awe as he gazed upon his long lost guard. “Wow…” He breathed. “You’re stunning…” The delirious cat spoke without thought and his words were slurred. Renn smiled drowsily at Lucifren. For a moment there he thought he felt stronger than ever; strangely warm and sweet in the stomach. But of course that couldn't last long. That funny feeling quickly turned into nausea and Renn let out a wet cough. His head dropped back into the mud and he curled up again, breathing deeply with paws pressing against his chest. He yowled and hawked some more. “Luci, help me!” He managed to cough out some desperate words. “Please…” The former commander stared up at his love forlornly.

"...Renn, it's me, I'm here." Lucifren mewed as their name had been called out, smiling weakly as he looked so happy- Renn looked... calm. You're... stunning? I'm stunning? And suddenly they'd been complimented, their hear racing as their fur heated up in embarassment. "You're stunning too- you look just like you did when we first met." It seems like it was so long ago, huh? Reaching to look at him a bit more closely, they pulled away as Renn coughed up, their emotion rushing to one of fear as he curled up in what seemed to be sickness and pain- but Lucifren wasn't a healer. "Calm down, r-relax your body- don't let your muscles tense up, alright?" I have to find a healer for him- I can't let him die on me, not after we've just reunited."I have to f-find someone to help you- oh, Renn, I love you so much, okay?" They pleaded, tears starting to tug at their eyes as they were forced to find something to do, and quickly. "I love you- please don't leave me. Please, Renn, stay with me for awhile- you're strong, okay?"

//should we timeskip to them getting a healer or?

Doom
July 9th, 2017, 07:19 PM
"...Renn, it's me, I'm here." Lucifren mewed as their name had been called out, smiling weakly as he looked so happy- Renn looked... calm. You're... stunning? I'm stunning? And suddenly they'd been complimented, their hear racing as their fur heated up in embarassment. "You're stunning too- you look just like you did when we first met." It seems like it was so long ago, huh? Reaching to look at him a bit more closely, they pulled away as Renn coughed up, their emotion rushing to one of fear as he curled up in what seemed to be sickness and pain- but Lucifren wasn't a healer. "Calm down, r-relax your body- don't let your muscles tense up, alright?" I have to find a healer for him- I can't let him die on me, not after we've just reunited."I have to f-find someone to help you- oh, Renn, I love you so much, okay?" They pleaded, tears starting to tug at their eyes as they were forced to find something to do, and quickly. "I love you- please don't leave me. Please, Renn, stay with me for awhile- you're strong, okay?"

//should we timeskip to them getting a healer or?

@fenic! (http://www.warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=21)
(sure they can bring my healer sedrik if you’re okay with that <3)

It felt like ages before Lucifren returned with that healer. Renn’s throat was sore and his cough had gotten worse if possible. Thunder growled in the distance. The sky was clouded overhead as if the weather tried to match this dramatic moment. His throat was dreadfully sore and his stomach cramped painfully with hunger. Whatever was wrong with the former commander needed to be taken care of - and fast. The loneliness consumed him and for a moment Renn wanted to laugh. Nothing was funny at the moment, but he just couldn't believe any of this was happening. How hysterical. Not wanting to lose hope, Renn decided to take his lover’s advice and uncurl himself. A shock of hunger striked his stretch, but he refused to react. He opened his bleary green eyes and tried to calm his breathing into long slow breaths. He honestly couldn't decide whether this was better or worse. Trying to get his mind off the pain he tried to focus on something else. He suddenly was bothered by the mud on his fur and the way is dried between his paw pads. Wiggling his toes in irritation, Renn sighed as another coughing fit took over.
Please hurry Just Luci…

Following the guard frantically, Sedrik couldn't believe this was happening. Lucifren may be crazy and Sedrik might be crazy for believing them, but he wasn't taking the chance on risking the former commander’s life. His heart and mind was racing with fright. Renn couldn't be alive after all this time...could he? After a few minutes of rushing through the mud they finally came across the black oriental. “Oh...oh dear!” Sedrik gasped. “R-Renn! Hold on I-I’ll help you!” The siamese sprinted to the weak tom’s side and immediately began examining him. “Thin figure, irregular breathing, excessive coughing, slight fever, phlegm streaming from the nostrils...oh my he may have greencough!” Panic flooded through Sedrik’s body. Trying to remember everything he learned, the tom straightened and took a deep breath before snapping around to look at Lucifren. “He needs to eat something. You have to catch him some food, there's no time to go back and fetch a proper hunter.” He then scanned the area for something he could use. In the distance was a familiar green batch of tall-stemmed plants with almond-shaped leaves, decorated in small white flowers. “Chickweed!” His eyes lit up as he hurried to fetch some - a mouthful. Looking around for something else, Sedrik decided there wasn't time, so the tore some conveniently wet moss of the base of a tree and padded back to Renn. Setting the herbs down in front of the ill cat, he placed the wet moss onto his forehead then set the leaves down in front of him. “Eat these, they’ll help your cough”. Renn sniffed the herbs after settling from a coughing fit. He wa surprised to see him eat the leaves without a lick of reluctance. “Tastes terrible.” The former commander hissed with a slight huff.