PDA

View Full Version : Sins of WC Books

wickedvirtues
May 25th, 2017, 07:33 PM
Here are some: (Moth Flight's Vision edition)
Silver Stripe is called a tom (Moth Flight's Vision)
Thorn is called a tom
Leafstar and her mother are described as brown-and-white tabbies
WindClan is written as Wind Clan.

Crow
May 25th, 2017, 07:36 PM
the writing and characters are terrible, honestly.

RAT KING
May 25th, 2017, 07:39 PM
the writing and characters are terrible, honestly.
Agreed ahhH the characters are all so personality-less it makes my soul hurt.

fresh
May 25th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Spottedleaf and Fireheart fall immediately in love, because that makes sense.

In one of the Power of Three books, Jayfeather is called 'Jay' by Lionblaze.

Ludicrous Lunacy
May 25th, 2017, 07:46 PM
In Yellowfang's Secret, Raggedpelt is referred to as "Raggedstar" unintentionally in the narraration around two chapters before he replaces Cederstar

ameko
May 25th, 2017, 07:48 PM
there's countless instances where they say firepaw instead of fireheart (also greypaw instead of greystripe) and vice versa

Crow
May 25th, 2017, 08:01 PM
Agreed ahhH the characters are all so personality-less it makes my soul hurt.
graystripe was said by the authors to actually have no set personality except being 'nice' i just. aaaaaa

RAT KING
May 25th, 2017, 08:04 PM
graystripe was said by the authors to actually have no set personality except being 'nice' i just. aaaaaa
I think that might be the WOrSt thing I've ever heard about an actual published author. Actually, a group of authors.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
May 25th, 2017, 10:22 PM
In Bramblestar's Storm if you got one of the original copies, which my library somehow had, Graystripe makes an almost page long speech about how he is proud of his "kits", Stonefur and Mistystar. I had to stop and reread it about 5 times and then sit there for about 10 minutes for me to realize, that yes I had just read that, and no I hadn't had Bluestar and Graystripe mixed up all this time. They apparently fixed it in the newer versions though and made the old ones collectors editions.

wickedvirtues
May 25th, 2017, 10:25 PM
Wow, half of these I never realized. But..

Ravepaw.

~Vixen~
June 7th, 2017, 07:49 PM
Okay i may not be the first to point this out but i get seriously angry when the Erins
1. do not communicate... AT ALL
2. When everyone is like " Oh Hollyleaf broke the code " and that stuff when she was one of the ONLY people in the the power of three and omen of stars to even follow the code.
3. TO MANY CHARCTERS TO KEEP TRACK OFF!

Role
June 15th, 2017, 09:32 PM
HOw all the queens lose their personality after having kits
RAVEPAW
'Starclan are' instead of 'Starclan is'

I noticed a lot but I forgot a lot ":3

wickedvirtues
June 15th, 2017, 09:38 PM
RAVEPAW

Ikr! Except for maybe.. Brightheart.. I can't remember half of the queens TBH.

Wildy~ =3
June 15th, 2017, 09:46 PM
Wait. There was a Youtube Warrior Cats Truth Or Dare thing and one of the dares was for Bluestar to rename all the other cats playing.
Firepaw became Doritopaw
Graypaw became Ladykiller ( I died upon hearing this :rofl: )
Tigerclaw became Triggeredclaw
Yellowfang became Yellowbay
Sandpaw became Sandpaper

And....
Ravenpaw became Ravepaw

Seraphon
June 15th, 2017, 10:43 PM
In Crookedstars Promise the fresh kill pile is called the fresh kill pie XD

MagaMes
June 20th, 2017, 05:23 PM
Goosefeather getting his full name in like the span of two pages.

Role
June 26th, 2017, 01:38 PM
In yellowfang's secret, Raggedpelt is called Raggedstar 2-3 times before Cedarstar dies

Princess Wolfie
July 2nd, 2017, 08:28 PM
Wait. There was a Youtube Warrior Cats Truth Or Dare thing and one of the dares was for Bluestar to rename all the other cats playing.
Firepaw became Doritopaw
Sandpaw became Sandpaper

And....
Ravenpaw became Ravepaw

This is random to say but that was Pinkbunnygirl43 who made that video and the renames were literally amazing XD
Also,
Yellowbae*

meraki
July 3rd, 2017, 07:18 AM
In Bramblestar's Storm if you got one of the original copies, which my library somehow had, Graystripe makes an almost page long speech about how he is proud of his "kits", Stonefur and Mistystar. I had to stop and reread it about 5 times and then sit there for about 10 minutes for me to realize, that yes I had just read that, and no I hadn't had Bluestar and Graystripe mixed up all this time. They apparently fixed it in the newer versions though and made the old ones collectors editions.

Yes! My book had this as well! It was so awfully confusing, it made me want to call up the Erin's and demand the book be fixed. And it's not like it was a minor slip up, it was a page-long important speech that an old character gave, and also one of my favourite characters. It was overall just disappointing.

SuspiciousMindz
July 3rd, 2017, 08:33 AM
RAVEPAW

it's because kids suck the soul from you

jk

fresh
July 3rd, 2017, 08:50 AM
Eye colors of some cats change with the authors
:[
Punctuation and grammar is just.. Ahhhhh

NightWarrior4Life
July 3rd, 2017, 10:32 AM
I know this is an extremely minor thing but in Dawn of the Clans: The Sun Trail, Colours (the British way) is spelt Colors (which the American spelling) even though the authors and the books are British.

EDIT: just found another one. I know in America and other places you guys read herb as 'erb but it's weird to us Brits that say Herb cause in Power of three book 6 (I swear it's Brightheart every time) she says "An Herb" Like twice and honestly it annoys me. The authors are British and it's set/based in UK...maybe I'm just overreacting but...
Also, I was mentally counting and whilst I read that book, it used the word "penetrated" like soooooo many times usually at the start of chapters and it kind of annoyed Me to be basically reading the same sentence over and over again. Ex: "The sun penetrated HollyLeaf's fur and warmed her back" something like that...

seasalt
July 3rd, 2017, 12:00 PM
Theirs some good character developments. Then theirs bad character developments. And all the spelling mistakes. Honestly they should check before publishing. Like seriously. Which is why people are rewriting the warrior cat series. like WarriorsRedux and WarriorsRewritten (Believe thats how you spell it.) And I might try to do that too.

Role
July 3rd, 2017, 12:13 PM
it's because kids suck the soul from you

jk
I have no words that was literally the best XD

SuspiciousMindz
July 3rd, 2017, 01:38 PM
I have no words that was literally the best XD
c;

Panic
July 3rd, 2017, 01:41 PM
honestly, rereading the books...
they were way better when i was young and pure and had really bad grammar.

Brunch
July 3rd, 2017, 05:07 PM
honestly, rereading the books...
they were way better when i was young and pure and had really bad grammar.
And when you didn't realize the continuity errors. XD

rubinaito
July 25th, 2017, 04:41 PM
One of the mistakes the Erin's made was with the rabbits. Take a look at the average hare- they're half the size of a cat, making it rather large prey. They also have sharp claws and powerful back legs, which means that more often than not, they should be able to escape from a cat with a well placed kick. Hunting down a rabbit should have a bit of a struggle, instead of an easy nip to the neck like they can hunt mice.

Seraphon
July 25th, 2017, 04:43 PM
One of the mistakes the Erin's made was with the rabbits. Take a look at the average hare- they're half the size of a cat, making it rather large prey. They also have sharp claws and powerful back legs, which means that more often than not, they should be able to escape from a cat with a well placed kick. Hunting down a rabbit should have a bit of a struggle, instead of an easy nip to the neck like they can hunt mice.
Yeah, t be fair though, they don't always do that... But still...

Wildy~ =3
July 25th, 2017, 06:27 PM
(LONGTAIL.)
(Wha-? Oh. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!)

wickedvirtues
July 25th, 2017, 06:28 PM

Longtail ;w;

rubinaito
July 25th, 2017, 06:31 PM
(LONGTAIL.)
(Wha-? Oh. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!)
Longtail ;w;
Forgive me, it's been a long time since I've read the books :/

wickedvirtues
July 25th, 2017, 06:33 PM

It's fine :P
Honestly, I only like a few of the books
Crookedstar's Promise
Moth Flight's Vision
Yellowfang's Secret
And a few others I forget the names of
And I like
Squirrelflight
Jayfeather
Ivypool
Sandstorm
Bumblestripe
Micah
Brightheart
and a few others

Seraphon
July 25th, 2017, 06:50 PM
Your kinda right, it's just they do make sure to show that rabbits are dangerous some of the time

Waffee
July 26th, 2017, 09:06 AM
The entire Spottedleaf's heart was a huge mistake itself.

Bluepool23
July 31st, 2017, 10:32 AM
YAY
I have a whole book of these:
1. After the sharp-eyed jay and the roaring lion, peace will come on dove's gentle wing. Jayfeather is the "sharp-eyed jay". Jayfeather is BLIND
2. Firestar's eyes are bright, emerald green, Sandstorm's eyes are pale leaf-green, Squirrelflight's eyes are brilliant, forest-green, but what color are Leafpool's? Bright, leaf-green? No. Bright, forest-green? No. Pale emerald-green? No. Pale forest-green? No. Brilliant, emerald-green? No. All that is left is brilliant, leaf-green, but still, no. Her eyes are literally plain amber. Leafpool is a small,[18] lithe,[19] pale[18] brown tabby she-cat[7] with amber eyes.[20] She has a white chest and paws.[21]
3. Everytime the cats go on a "Great Journey", it snows. It's always leaf-bare.
4. Same with cows, sheep, or Purdy, or horses.
5. When they re-named the Whispering Cave, the re-named it the Shimmering Cave. Which one is better? Whispering! Could the Erins not live with whispering? Jeez
6. Mothwing asks Jayfeather if he has a blade of grass to tie her bundle of medicine with. How can she tie? Is she special? Does she have aposable thumbs?
7. There are blades of grass ALL AROUND THEM
8. Hollyleaf's tongue gets stuck to a puddle. Wouldn't she have realized it was frozen?
9. Everything happens so fast.
10. Lionblaze had at least 10 chances to kill Tigerstar. Brambleclaw had 2. What are they? Scaredy cats? :laughing:
11. How many deputies has Bluestar gone through? Let's count. Redtail Lionheart Tigerclaw Fireheart. 4. She's gone through 4.
I'll give ya'll an update once I find more. Now, time to get CRAZAY
:heartballoonlove::heartbounce::love4::wut::panda: :woot::snuggle::bouquetflowers::):flip::grouphug2: :bawling::inlove::tonguegif::naughtywag::waaah::ro fl::boo::wave5::crown::flower1::(:hmm::laughing::l ovepoke::slapfight::penguinsnuggle::balloon::surpr isehug::bunny::D:mad::heart::headrub::lickface::pr incess::omg::whistle::smileylove::bouquet::happyca t::engagementring::p:shoo::rainbowllama::iloveyou: :music::mikilien::squee::quivering::bloomingrose:: truelove::cow::confused::soloballoon::hug::love85: :ringbounce::penguinballoon::backhug::sob::bow::o: floatingheartballoo:happyhop::handflapper::kiss::o hnuu::nuggle::welcome::sidehug::bounce::wubbling:: cuddle::flyingpenguin::hooray::iagree::kittyface:: lovesquee::spinning::puddled::batmansmiley::tacopa rty::colorwah:;):rolleyes::cool::eek:HAPPY HOLIDAY :gingerbread::xmasflash::bulbflash::snowman::xmasb iggrin::elfsmiley::rudolf::xmas024::candycane1::el fwink::treeani::santahat::xmas035::elfgrin::hollyl eaf::xmassnowman::candycane::snow_laugh::xmaself:: elftongue::santaclaws::xmas033::elfcool: I'm sorry. I'll stop now.

Beam
August 4th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Omg yes i totally raged I read that and then started talking out loud about how the Erin's were wrong. How could you not remember that your children are not Stonefur and Mistystar, they are STORMFUR AND FEATHERTAIL. Is it THAT hard to remember your CHILDRENS NAMES?!?

Whoops I raged again

aleka!
August 4th, 2017, 12:46 PM
Here's a sin:

Spottedleaf

Seraphon
August 4th, 2017, 01:46 PM
Here's a sin:

Spottedleaf
XD

StripeMist
August 4th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Did you notice that in Bluestar's prophecy when they go to the elders den. Bluekit is called Leopard kit. Leopardkit and Patchkit were with Dapplepaw. So how was that possible it's not Leopardkit and Snowkit. Its Bluekit and Snowkit.

Arrow
August 7th, 2017, 10:35 PM
In Yellowfang's Secret, Yellowfang's mother (I forgot her name and I'm too lazy to search it up) called her youngest kits "babies". Also in Leafpool's Wish (I think), Leafpool calls her kits babies too.

Bracken12
August 8th, 2017, 03:20 AM
Spottedleaf and Fireheart fall immediately in love, because that makes sense.

In one of the Power of Three books, Jayfeather is called 'Jay' by Lionblaze.
I know! I hated the creepy Spottedstalker! She pratically stalked him in his dreams!

I thought that the nickname was kind of cute, it showed how close they are as brothers. I call my cousins Cadet, Private, and Captain, for no reason at all to simply annoy the heck out of them!

Bracken12
August 8th, 2017, 03:24 AM
Firepaw became Doritopaw
Sandpaw became Sandpaper

And....
Ravenpaw became Ravepaw

PinkBunnygirl43 did that, I watched it and laughed. Her real name is Lily (don't know if she spells it with two L's) and she and her sister Rachel do a bunch of Warriors stuff.

aleka!
August 8th, 2017, 03:57 PM
I remember way back when I was reading the second book I'm pretty sure, when Fireheart was called Firepaw. I know it's a typo but it bothered me.

also, the Skyclan names like Billystorm. Also, I can't wait to see what Bellapaw's warrior name will be

Beam
August 8th, 2017, 04:11 PM
One word:
Mellie

Remeber Blossomfall fell down a hole of rocks and was injured with Dovewing? Then when she came back Mellie was like:
"What happened to you?"
And then Dovewing said something like "we fell down a 10ft hole made out of rocks and had to claw our way out."
Then Mellie says "oh. Well they're just scratches, but poor briarlight..."

I actually raged. What kind of mother does that?

Bracken12
August 8th, 2017, 04:17 PM
It's fine :P
Honestly, I only like a few of the books
Crookedstar's Promise
Moth Flight's Vision
Yellowfang's Secret
And a few others I forget the names of
And I like
Squirrelflight
Jayfeather
Ivypool
Sandstorm
Bumblestripe
Micah
Brightheart
and a few others
My cat's name is Micah, and I named her that even before I knew Warrior cat Micah existed.. spelt the same too.

Bracken12
August 8th, 2017, 04:25 PM
One word:
Mellie

Remeber Blossomfall fell down a hole of rocks and was injured with Dovewing? Then when she came back Mellie was like:
"What happened to you?"
And then Dovewing said something like "we fell down a 10ft hole made out of rocks and had to claw our way out."
Then Mellie says "oh. Well they're just scratches, but poor briarlight..."

I actually raged. What kind of mother does that?

MILLIE! OH MY STARS I HATE MILLIE!
RAINFLOWER (Crookedstar's abusive Mamma) AND HER DESERVE TO DIE! oh wait, Rainflower already did.......
Me: GRAYSTRIPE! YOU GET TO BLOW TORCH MILLIE! ERIN HUNTER SAID IT WAS OKAY!
Graystripe: MY Dream! * grabs blow torch*
Millie: what?.....
Graystripe and me: BURN KITTY BURN!

Beam
August 8th, 2017, 04:31 PM
RAINFLOWER (Crookedstar's abusive Mamma) AND HER DESERVE TO DIE! oh wait, Rainflower already did.......
HAHAHAHAHA

yes Millie, Burn!
I just want to slap Her and be like "SHES YOUR DAUGHTER YOU EVIL PERSON, THE BRAIARLIGHT STUFF IS OVER. CARE ABOUT YOUR OTHER CHILDREN!"
Then I'd throw her in some abandoned cave maze runner set and let her escape.
Then I'd blowtorch her, too.

Wow, since when was i this evil.

wickedvirtues
August 8th, 2017, 05:33 PM
My cat's name is Micah, and I named her that even before I knew Warrior cat Micah existed.. spelt the same too.
HAHAHAHAHA

yes Millie, Burn!
I just want to slap Her and be like "SHES YOUR DAUGHTER YOU EVIL PERSON, THE BRAIARLIGHT STUFF IS OVER. CARE ABOUT YOUR OTHER CHILDREN!"
Then I'd throw her in some abandoned cave maze runner set and let her escape.
Then I'd blowtorch her, too.

Wow, since when was i this evil.

I'm scared of both of you. But the Micah kitty is cool.

Beam
August 8th, 2017, 05:34 PM
I'm sorry this is making me laugh so hard rn :rofl:

wickedvirtues
August 8th, 2017, 05:38 PM
I'm sorry this is making me laugh so hard rn :rofl:

XD

Bracken12
August 9th, 2017, 12:48 AM
Yes... be scared of me and my blow torch loving Graystripe. And Yes, Micah kitty is awesome. I saved her from a car..... Oh. My Starclan what if she's a missing clan cat and her whole clan thinks she's dead?! And I loved what I read about book Micah on the wiki, he seemed like one of the better developed characters.

wickedvirtues
August 9th, 2017, 05:32 AM
Yes... be scared of me and my blow torch loving Graystripe. And Yes, Micah kitty is awesome. I saved her from a car..... Oh. My Starclan what if she's a missing clan cat and her whole clan thinks she's dead?! And I loved what I read about book Micah on the wiki, he seemed like one of the better developed characters.

Gesp
What if .o.?!
Yeah, he's a good character I've read Moth Flight's Vision.

Silhouettes
August 9th, 2017, 07:20 AM
In the warrior Cats fandom page, it litterly says that evey Thunderclan Medicine Cat from Spottedleaf to Leafpool have had a mate/love Interest!
Also it seems like only Thunderclan can break the warrior code, but when any other cat in another clan does it, its a sin that gets them to the Dark Forest!

Bracken12
August 9th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Gesp
What if .o.?!
Yeah, he's a good character I've read Moth Flight's Vision.
I want it for my birthday. Moth Flight seems like that bright,bubble person. her mother just didn't quite understand her. But then again she almost accidentally got her father killed. And In the fact that my cat might be a clan cat missing from her home, I have given her and her house mate Yoda warrior names. She is Lightfur and he is Sunstep. I think they are secret mates....

wickedvirtues
August 9th, 2017, 01:02 PM
I want it for my birthday. Moth Flight seems like that bright,bubble person. her mother just didn't quite understand her. But then again she almost accidentally got her father killed. And In the fact that my cat might be a clan cat missing from her home, I have given her and her house mate Yoda warrior names. She is Lightfur and he is Sunstep. I think they are secret mates....

Forbidden kittypet romance!
Moth is like that
Get it! It's really good, gets better as it goes on.

Delta Reliant
August 9th, 2017, 01:49 PM
I has a sin.

The badger character, Midnight.

That is all.

Zan Partizanne
August 15th, 2017, 08:46 AM
MossKits Gender being mistaken a bunch of times in The Last Hope

Mousy
August 15th, 2017, 09:19 AM
I don't remember what book it is, but Briarkit is called a tom multiple times.

Zan Partizanne
August 15th, 2017, 09:23 AM
PetalNose had her warrior name said before it was even given to her.