PDA

View Full Version : Rowan's Refuge {Open}

goddess of ducks
November 1st, 2016, 07:28 AM
This is Rowan's territory. He is not largely confined to this place and still wanders. He may have a short temper but he is open to those who might need help.
Picture of territory (http://www.agbiolinks.com.au/uploads/images/Box%20Gum%20Grassy%20Woodland.JPG)

------------------------

Rowan strolled along picking his way through the tall grass stalks. As he neared the small grove of trees that signaled his dwelling place, he felt relaxed after his trek down to the river. The long haired orange tom slipped through the trees and came upon the entrance to his home. As he pushed his way into the hidden, unused rabbit tunnel, he blinked his amber eyes as they adjusted to the dim light. Rowan stretched his legs and took the few steps to his nest. There he laid down and shut his eyes, and drifted into sleep.

doghouse
November 1st, 2016, 08:24 AM
Moonwhisper sat down on the roots of a large tree. She wasn't sure where she was exactly, but it seemed like a good place to rest for a bit. She looked up to see a hawk fly overhead. The ragged white molly flicked her ears, wondering what it's like to look down on everything and not worry about coming down. She stood and started scoring her claws down the roots, tearing up the outer bit of bark with her claws. She stopped after a moment and saw that the bark was shredded, and had long, deep claw marks in them. With a satisfied grunt, she bounded off, looking out for prey and danger alike.

goddess of ducks
November 1st, 2016, 12:08 PM
Stirred by the noise of claws on wood, Rowan stretched his legs and arose from his resting spot. He crawled back through the narrow entrance to see a ragged white cat bounding away. His curiosity perked, he followed from a distance. As he tailed the cat, it came to the orange tom's attention that the intruder was a white molly who looked rather tattered and torn.

Bram246
November 1st, 2016, 12:12 PM
Jungle walked slowly in the woods. Her right paw was still healing from a slip in the river she had. She notice the cobweb was starting to fall apart and looked around for more.

doghouse
November 1st, 2016, 12:27 PM
Moonwhisper heard something behind her after a moment, and, without giving any sign that she noticed, she slowed down, scenting the air as if she'd smelled prey. Then, dropping into a crouch, she crept forwards, sliding her paws slightly and moving as carefully as she would when stalking a mouse. She disappeared into a hazel bush and shook the branches. Her plan was to make it appear she'd caught something. Then, with a twitch of her tail, she peered out to see a large ginger tom. Moonwhisper bounded out of her place and raced up the nearest tree, sitting on the lowest branch and looking down with intense green eyes.

Bram246
November 1st, 2016, 12:30 PM
Jungle sat as she found cobweb on a bush. She spat the bloody cobweb out of mouth and wrapped the clean cobweb over her healing wound.

goddess of ducks
November 1st, 2016, 03:45 PM
Rowan sprang after the she cat, stopping under the base of the tree staring up into the entangled branches. "Hmm, it seems that I have caught a feline, rather than something to settle my rumbling stomach." He said nonchalantly.

MaskedBandits
November 1st, 2016, 04:14 PM
(Oh my gosh I don't know if you stole this but I used to have something called 'Rowan's Refuge' back on the old site, again I don't know if that's coincidence but it's really cool!! Anyways sorry for interrupting :rainbowllama:)

doghouse
November 1st, 2016, 07:51 PM
Moonwhisper shrugged indifferently at the tom, her green eyes dark. "Well, I ain't a rabbit." She said sarcastically, watching as the large ginger tom began trying to climb the tree. He'll never do it that way. He has to dig in his claws more. she thought, eying the way he wasn't quite digging his claws in deep enough. Moonwhisper unsheathed hers and noted that they were slightly longer than the claws of most cats, making it easier for her. She didn't move, not even a twitch of her ears.

goddess of ducks
November 2nd, 2016, 02:47 PM
(@MaskedBandits, Yeah actually I that one his character page when I was copying down his info, so I figured I would just use the same name. Sorry I didn't ask, but I hpe it's alright?)
Rowan sat at the base of the tree. "Well obviously. I ain't blind." He retorted. "Now why don't ya' just come on down, I won't claw yer' fur off." He said stepping back to allow her room if she did come down, not that he expected her too.

doghouse
November 2nd, 2016, 03:41 PM
Moonwhisper watched him carefully as he backed up. She wasn't sure whether to believe him or not. Most cats who said that had clawed her. She made no attempt to move. "Why should I believe you?" She asked, her neck fur bristling. She realized that that could be taken in a that meant she thought he was blind. She flicked a torn ear, dismissing the thought. She shifted, digging her claws into the branch she was crouching on.

goddess of ducks
November 2nd, 2016, 09:11 PM
Rowan let out a slightly exaggerated sigh. "Well, fine I don't exactly have a reason for ya', so if you are comin' down then you'll just have to trust me." He said becoming quickly frustrated with the whole situation.

doghouse
November 2nd, 2016, 09:20 PM
Realizing that she couldn't stay up there forever, and despite the fact that she thought the tom would attack, she stood on the branch, careful not to fall, and ran head first down the tree, leaping at the last moment and landing neatly on her paws. She faced the tom, curiosity burning like flames in her green orbs. "So?" She asked, tilting her head.

MaskedBandits
November 2nd, 2016, 09:25 PM
(@Nighty No, it's perfectly fine, thanks actually ^-^)

goddess of ducks
November 3rd, 2016, 10:39 AM
Realizing that she couldn't stay up there forever, and despite the fact that she thought the tom would attack, she stood on the branch, careful not to fall, and ran head first down the tree, leaping at the last moment and landing neatly on her paws. She faced the tom, curiosity burning like flames in her green orbs. "So?" She asked, tilting her head.
Rowan slid his gaze across the cats features wondering why she seemed so stuck up towards him. The tom closed his eyes and rolled them before blinking his eyelids open again. "Look, I didn't have anything to do with you comin' on my territory, so what do ya want?" He asked trying to sound calm, but failing miserably.

Bram246
November 3rd, 2016, 10:55 AM
Jungle crouched seeing a mouse. She stalked it as her paw started throbbing.

doghouse
November 3rd, 2016, 11:01 AM
"I didn't know that this was your territory, and of course you didn't. I came here of my own accord." Moonwhisper said, flicking her tailtip slightly. She watched him carefully, her eyes revealing none of her thoughts. She would've taken a step back, but instead she sat down after a moment, then closed her eyes, trying to keep calm. Sometimes she got annoyed by when cats didn't answer her questions properly. Though some of her questions were really hard to answer, and it bothered her when she accidentally asked one of those unanswerable questions. Though she'd never say so.

goddess of ducks
November 3rd, 2016, 08:01 PM
Rowan stood there erect, his ear angled backwards slightly, his amber eyes narrowed, hackles raised, and tail waving wildly behind him. Coming rather slowly to the conclusion that this she cat would not cooperate as he wanted, he decided to try a different route. "Well obviously." He said turning his gaze to the side some. "Well, since you're here, is there anything you're in need of?" He asked hoping the change of tone worked.

doghouse
November 3rd, 2016, 08:37 PM
Moonwhisper wasn't sure about the way his ears were back, his tail was lashing, and his hackles were raised. She took a step back, then turned her head away for a moment. "No. There's nothing I need." She said, trying to cover up the slightly obvious lie. She needed food, shelter, and rest, but she wouldn't accept help very well, for she didn't like to think that she needed it, even if she did, and badly so. She noticed a sudden change in the tom's voice, and shook her head, unsure.

goddess of ducks
November 4th, 2016, 11:40 PM
"You sure?" He asked gruffly, his Amber eyes narrowing uncertainly once more. "'Cause ya' sure don't look like everything's fine, not be to offensive, but still." He said, his deep accented voice rumbling from his mouth.

doghouse
November 4th, 2016, 11:47 PM
"You sure?" He asked gruffly, his Amber eyes narrowing uncertainly once more. "'Cause ya' sure don't look like everything's fine, not be to offensive, but still." He said, his deep accented voice rumbling from his mouth.
She didn't find it offensive. She knew very well that she needed it, she just wasn't sure she was ready to accept help. But then, she'd probably die without it. "Yes, I need help. But I don't want any." She muttered, not meeting the tom's amber gaze. She stared at her paws. Moonwhisper looked up. "Who are you anyways?" She asked, though she knew it was none of her business and he had every right not to answer, she was still curious, and the question was worth a try. The tattered looking white molly cocked her head to one side, her green eyes glinting darkly.

goddess of ducks
November 4th, 2016, 11:51 PM
The muscular tom stood there for a moment, his eyes sweeping the she cats frame, searching for something, although he wasn't quite sure what.... "I'll tell ya' what. I'll tell you my name, if you tell me yours, ok?" He said eyeing her rather sternly. "But anyways, the name's Rowan."

doghouse
November 4th, 2016, 11:58 PM
She noticed him eyeing her in a rather stern way, but she didn't flinch. She stood firmly, and, despite her scrawniness, hard muscle rippled under her white fur. She nodded uncertainly, listening as he spoke in his deep accent. She dipped her head. "I'm Moon...." She stopped herself from saying more. She was no longer a Clan cat. She was a loner. She said her name quietly, and her paws shifted. Her tail flicked to and fro behind her, and her emerald green orbs glittered like leaves dappled by sunlight.

goddess of ducks
November 5th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Rowan gave a slight nod of satisfaction that the cat kept her end of the deal. With his luck recently, most cats wouldn't have kept that up. "Moon huh? That a nice name." He repeated and muttered to himself. "So what brings you to these part?"

doghouse
November 7th, 2016, 10:50 AM
"I just wander." Moon muttered, watching Rowan carefully. She noticed that he looked...well... She wasn't sure. Most cats would've attacked her by this point, and she was glad he hadn't, because she was in no condition to fight. After a few moment, she heard rustling in a nearby bush. The white molly tore her gaze from the reddish tom and fixed her eyes on the bush. It rustled again as a squirrel hopped out, a walnut clamped firmly in its jaws. Moonwhisper licked her lips, settling into a clumsy crouch, too hungry to notice that she was off balance.

~Breadsticks~
November 8th, 2016, 12:41 AM
(Can Andy already know Rowan?)
Andy bounded down the hill, her paws barely touching the ground as she chased the rabbit. The wind whipped her face as she sprung over a boulder and into a large clearing. She saw the rabbit escape into it's burrow but rushed over and shouldered down into it. As the tabby's whiskers brushed up against the walls of the small burrow she forced herself deeper underground, narrowly avoiding crashing into many walls in the pitch black tunnels. She finally managed to find the rabbit and slammed her paw down on it's back. She swiftly moved forward and snapped it's neck then rather ungracefully walked backwards out of the tunnels. After what seemed like forever she was back outside, she shook the dirt from her pelt and narrowed her crimson eyes in the sunlight.

goddess of ducks
November 8th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Rowan smirked as he saw the she cat's clumsily, aimed paws. He approached her quietly and laid his paw on her back gently pushing her down. "I'll get that one." He said, a tint of pride in his voice. He knew that she probably couldn't catch it, but obviously she knew how to hunt, but doubted she could do it in her state. He dropped into a crouch, his belly arched at a weird angle to keep his long fur off the ground. At once he sprang forwards, grasping the squirrel in his long, extended claws. He dug in and bit into the squirrel's neck with swift, yet gruff movements. He emerged a moment later with it dangling from his jaws. "Come on back to my place for now and you can have this." He meowed already padding back to his cave. On his way back though, he spotted Andy in the distance. "Hey Andy!" He called for her.

(Bump for @Spirit (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=102)ed Darkness )

~Breadsticks~
November 8th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Andy's head shot up as she heard his voice, "Hey Rowan!" She called as she bounded over. The she-cat tried to stop herself but landed past the tom, the rabbit flying out of her jaws, onto the ground. Andy huffed and trotted over, picking up the rabbit and giving the pair a cheeky grin, "Not the first time that's happened and it sure won't be the last." She turned toward the she-cat, her eyes filled with laughter, "Hiya! My name's Andy, and you are?"

Bram246
November 8th, 2016, 10:59 AM
Jungle chewed on bird she caught. She stayed in the tree eating her prey. Her paws had little cobweb on them since they were healing.

doghouse
November 8th, 2016, 08:04 PM
Nighty
Moon flinched as he pushed her down, and she moved away, watching him as he stalked the squirrel. I never really thought about how longer furred cats have to arch their backs like that. she thought, surprised for a moment, but she shook her head, hiding her surprise. As Rowan caught the squirrel, she tilted her head, not sure if he meant it or not. Well, I've got nothing to lose. she thought before padding after him, following him, but putting at least two fox lengths between them. As he called to another cat, she looked in that direction and spotted who he'd called to. She kept her shoulders tight, and she felt rather tense, but she kept her gaze cool and calm. "Hi" she dipped her head to Andy. "I'm Moon." She replied, amused by the way Andy had dropped her rabbit.

~Breadsticks~
November 8th, 2016, 08:54 PM
Nighty
Moon flinched as he pushed her down, and she moved away, watching him as he stalked the squirrel. I never really thought about how longer furred cats have to arch their backs like that. she thought, surprised for a moment, but she shook her head, hiding her surprise. As Rowan caught the squirrel, she tilted her head, not sure if he meant it or not. Well, I've got nothing to lose. she thought before padding after him, following him, but putting at least two fox lengths between them. As he called to another cat, she looked in that direction and spotted who he'd called to. She kept her shoulders tight, and she felt rather tense, but she kept her gaze cool and calm. "Hi" she dipped her head to Andy. "I'm Moon." She replied, amused by the way Andy had dropped her rabbit.
Andy smiled, "You've got a nice name Moon, if you'd like to take the rabbit for now, I'd like to try and find another." The she-cat set the rabbit down and gave her a nod before turning away and bounding off into the trees.

goddess of ducks
November 14th, 2016, 09:45 PM
Rowan simply stood back and watched the short conversation between the two mollys. As his gaze flicked between the two and watched as his sister kindly offered her prey he smiled to himself. Kindness aphad always been Rowan's weak point. Andy had no problem helping others and encouraging them. Rowan on the other hand wasn't like that. If he were to be kind and seemingly selfless he had to be told to do it. As the two she cats stopped talking it dawned on him that he hadn't introduced Andy, he which case he cleared his throat. "Andy, as you know this here is Moon, our little trespasser." He replied with a sneer. He hadn't meant rudeness to be in his comment, but his tone implied differently. "Moon, this here is my sister Andy." He said with a nod to the she cat beside him.

doghouse
November 14th, 2016, 10:08 PM
Rowan simply stood back and watched the short conversation between the two mollys. As his gaze flicked between the two and watched as his sister kindly offered her prey he smiled to himself. Kindness aphad always been Rowan's weak point. Andy had no problem helping others and encouraging them. Rowan on the other hand wasn't like that. If he were to be kind and seemingly selfless he had to be told to do it. As the two she cats stopped talking it dawned on him that he hadn't introduced Andy, he which case he cleared his throat. "Andy, as you know this here is Moon, our little trespasser." He replied with a sneer. He hadn't meant rudeness to be in his comment, but his tone implied differently. "Moon, this here is my sister Andy." He said with a nod to the she cat beside him.
“Thank you....” Moon's voice trailed off and she stepped forward, bending wn to pick up the rabbit. Just as she was about to, Rowan spoke, and she caught a slight sneer in his voice. The ragged white mollr raised her head, her green eyes bright with unreadable thoughts. She gave him a careful look, thinking carefully about what to say. “It's nice to meet you, Andy.” her voice was quiet, and slightly raspier than before. She picked up the rabbit in her jaws, dipping her head to Andy, and then to Rowan. She staggered under the weight of the rabbit, and quickly dropped it in surprise. She hadn't expected it to weigh so much, and it'd been a bit too much. She lifted her hind leg off the ground, and suddenly Moon felt self-conscious about how crooked it appeared. She grasped the rabbit's leg in her jaws and decided to just drag it.

goddess of ducks
November 14th, 2016, 10:12 PM
Rowan watched her carefully. Sure he knew that she could really cause any harm, especially in her situation, but it was best in the long run to keep an eye on her.mafter watching her struggle with the rabbit and drop it, he bit back a chuckle wiphich came out more like a choking sound, which he covered up with a cough. Letting out a sigh as Moon started dragging the dead animal he stepped forwards. "Homes this'away." He meowed gruffly lifting the hare by its neck and assisting Moon with the rabbit leading the way back to camp.

~Breadsticks~
November 14th, 2016, 10:15 PM
Andy nodded to the pair then turned and headed away, searching for another rabbit. She shook the dirt from her pelt and followed a scent, her eyes narrowed.

doghouse
November 14th, 2016, 10:42 PM
Rowan watched her carefully. Sure he knew that she could really cause any harm, especially in her situation, but it was best in the long run to keep an eye on her.mafter watching her struggle with the rabbit and drop it, he bit back a chuckle wiphich came out more like a choking sound, which he covered up with a cough. Letting out a sigh as Moon started dragging the dead animal he stepped forwards. "Homes this'away." He meowed gruffly lifting the hare by its neck and assisting Moon with the rabbit leading the way back to camp.
Moon nodded gratefully as he helped her with the rabbit. She had heard his chuckling, and guessed that she must look pretty weird. That'll be fixed rightright up, because once I get enough to eat, I'll he strong again and be able to hunt and fight. She held back a yawn, focusing on not letting go of the fresh-kill as she followed Rowan back to, well, wherever they were going. She wasn't really sure. Her emerald colored eyes glinted in the pale light as a cloud passed over the sun. Sighed and quickened her pace, though careful not to cause her bad leg to buckle under herself again. Her uneven pace was very tiresome, but it made her other legs stronger, which was the only upside to it.

goddess of ducks
November 14th, 2016, 10:49 PM
Moon nodded gratefully as he helped her with the rabbit. She had heard his chuckling, and guessed that she must look pretty weird. That'll be fixed rightright up, because once I get enough to eat, I'll he strong again and be able to hunt and fight. She held back a yawn, focusing on not letting go of the fresh-kill as she followed Rowan back to, well, wherever they were going. She wasn't really sure. Her emerald colored eyes glinted in the pale light as a cloud passed over the sun. Sighed and quickened her pace, though careful not to cause her bad leg to buckle under herself again. Her uneven pace was very tiresome, but it made her other legs stronger, which was the only upside to it.
Rowan shifted his grip on the rabbit to take some more of the weight from Moon. "Try not to be on that leg too much. Once we get back you can rest." He said his voice muffled by the rabbit that hung limply from his jaws.
Upon arriving back Rowan slowed his pace and took the rabbit completely from Moon. He helped her over to a clump of grass and signaled for her to sit down. Rowan laid the hare beside her and stepped back. "There, you have what you want and I'll go get something for your leg, I'm sure there's something around here." He said spouse voice trailing off as he ducked into the small cavern that held his nest.

doghouse
November 14th, 2016, 10:58 PM
Rowan shifted his grip on the rabbit to take some more of the weight from Moon. "Try not to be on that leg too much. Once we get back you can rest." He said his voice muffled by the rabbit that hung limply from his jaws.
Upon arriving back Rowan slowed his pace and took the rabbit completely from Moon. He helped her over to a clump of grass and signaled for her to sit down. Rowan laid the hare beside her and stepped back. "There, you have what you want and I'll go get something for your leg, I'm sure there's something around here." He said spouse voice trailing off as he ducked into the small cavern that held his nest.
Moon tilted her head, surprised for a moment, but she sat down in the clump of grass and looked at the hare. Her mouth watered at the scent, and she lowered her head, her gratitude showing clearly in her eyes. She took a bite out of the hare, glad to finally have something to eat. It'd been two sunrises since her last, proper meal, and she was starving. The hare was very satisfying to her hungry stomach. Moon looked up as Rowan disappeared into a cave and swallowed the bite of hare, waiting for him to return. While she waited, she started to try and groom out her tangled and matted fur, washing the dirt from it as best she could.

goddess of ducks
November 14th, 2016, 11:06 PM
Moon tilted her head, surprised for a moment, but she sat down in the clump of grass and looked at the hare. Her mouth watered at the scent, and she lowered her head, her gratitude showing clearly in her eyes. She took a bite out of the hare, glad to finally have something to eat. It'd been two sunrises since her last, proper meal, and she was starving. The hare was very satisfying to her hungry stomach. Moon looked up as Rowan disappeared into a cave and swallowed the bite of hare, waiting for him to return. While she waited, she started to try and groom out her tangled and matted fur, washing the dirt from it as best she could.
Rowan returned from the den and paused in the entrance his eyes scanning the horizon for signs of Andys possible return. After completing his quick scan he turned and approached Moon. Around his left paw was a wad of cob web. He grabbed a stick from under the nearest tree and came back to Moon. He sat down near her injured leg. He gently laid the stick on her leg and straightened it out with gentle steady paws. "Y'know, I'm no medicine cat like I heard they have in those big groups, or Coans, or whatever, but I've had enough injured limbs to know how to help." He mumbled mostly to himself. He finished wrapping the cobweb around the she cats leg and then sat back to admire his work. "There ya' are. Now, it's best to stay off o' it 'til it's healed up pretty good. Until you're good to go I suggest you just stay here with Andy and I."

~Breadsticks~
November 14th, 2016, 11:12 PM
Andy was chasing after another rabbit, her eyes narrowed as she ran. The molly flew down into a tunnel and tried to keep herself from crashing into tunnel walls in pursuit of the rabbit. She suddenly felt herself falling and her eyes widened in shock. Andy came crashing down to the ground but shook herself and continued to chase the rabbit, wincing every time her front right paw hit the hard ground. She finally caught the rabbit and headed home, the large animal in her jaws. The she-cat sighed and set the rabbit down as she sat by Moon. "Hey Moon, Rowan."

goddess of ducks
November 15th, 2016, 12:21 PM
Rowan finished wrapping up Moon's hind leg as Andy came back. He gave her a friendly smile as she sat the hare down. As his sister sat down though he noticed her slight limp. Cocking his brow he stared at his sister, his gaze flicking from her injured paw back to her eyes. "What happened to you?" He asked with slight scorn.

doghouse
November 15th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Moon nodded. “Thank you...” she murmured quietly. She winced as he wrapped the cobwebs around her leg and the stick, and stiffened when he mentioned medicine cats. Clans..... She thought, barely keeping herself from correcting Rowan. “Hi.” she meowed as Andy returned, a plump rabbit in her jaws. She was very weary from travelling all day, and she began to nod off while sitting. Realizing what was happening, she lay down on her side, resting her head on her paws and falling asleep in a matter of heartbeats.

~Breadsticks~
November 15th, 2016, 12:59 PM
Andy shrugged, "Nothing that hasn't happened before, I'll be fine." She said smoothly, turning to Moon with an amused look.
(I'm sorry it's so short, I'm so tired rn)