PDA

View Full Version : Why do so may love Jayfeather?

Bracken12
May 16th, 2017, 10:52 PM
I love every Warrior cat site out there, and I know most of us has read the memes, but my question is: "Why do so many," myself included, " love Jayfeather?" and then I thought. "Because he is:
1: he's so sarcastic! he can turn any normal sentence into a witty comeback or thought!
2: I can relate to him! (come on, we all have had people tell us we can't do something because we aren't or can't do something that they can do!)
3: He's. Just. So. Gosh. Darn. Adorable! *squeezes Jayfeather, whom now bears the name Jay-Jay* Jay-Jay- " let go of me creep! I need to go look for herbs! And my name is not Jay-Jay it's Jayfeather!"
4: this youtube video by Bliximi! : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuyrUafPpdU
tell me my you love (or hate with all your life in Breezeplet's case) Jayfeather!

Seraphon
May 17th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Your right it's amazing!

Ludicrous Lunacy
May 17th, 2017, 01:34 PM
I admit Jayfeather is likeable, but his character changes so frequently it's not even amusing.

Bracken12
May 17th, 2017, 10:02 PM
I admit Jayfeather is likeable, but his character changes so frequently it's not even amusing.
yes I agree, he has multi-character, but that's what makes him so funny!

Bracken12
May 17th, 2017, 10:03 PM
Your right it's amazing!
I know! I stumbled upon it by chance at 12:30 am one night and have watched it over and over since!

Wildy~ =3
May 17th, 2017, 10:07 PM
I love every Warrior cat site out there, and I know most of us has read the memes, but my question is: "Why do so many," myself included, " love Jayfeather?" and then I thought. "Because he is:
1: he's so sarcastic! he can turn any normal sentence into a witty comeback or thought!
2: I can relate to him! (come on, we all have had people tell us we can't do something because we aren't or can't do something that they can do!)
3: He's. Just. So. Gosh. Darn. Adorable! *squeezes Jayfeather, whom now bears the name Jay-Jay* Jay-Jay- " let go of me creep! I need to go look for herbs! And my name is not Jay-Jay it's Jayfeather!"
4: this youtube video by Bliximi! : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuyrUafPpdU
tell me my you love (or hate with all your life in Breezeplet's case) Jayfeather!
Adding to #2: Me and him both hate being blind. I know sometimes I wear a blindfold for games and stuff. But a game where one person runs around trying to tag other people? I hate that so much.

Zan Partizanne
May 17th, 2017, 10:40 PM
I Honestly dont like Jay that much Jay x Stick ruined him for me...

Ixliora
May 18th, 2017, 06:01 PM
Probably because he is so sarcastic!? Or because of his story ; he's blind so people might feel bad for him, he falls in love as a medicine cat, and has to make many hard choices. (Personally I like Jayfeather, just he's not my favorite character) My question is, Why do so many hate Hollyleaf?

ameko
May 18th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Honestly I used to love Jayfeather, but I've started to dislike him as the months/years have gone by. His personality is kinda irritating now, lol.

Wildy~ =3
May 22nd, 2017, 10:22 AM
Probably because he is so sarcastic!? Or because of his story ; he's blind so people might feel bad for him, he falls in love as a medicine cat, and has to make many hard choices. (Personally I like Jayfeather, just he's not my favorite character) My question is, Why do so many hate Hollyleaf?
I have no idea why.
Hollyleaf is awesome. And so many people hate her just because she didn't know what to do and killed Ashfur. Personally, I have never really noticed Ashfur; he was just a background character until he pretty much grew insane from jealousy.

meraki
May 22nd, 2017, 02:20 PM
i hate jayfeather because he is really cliche tbh. everyone likes him because he's sarcastic and a lot of the people who read the series are emo wannabes? idk not trying to be rude and say that everyone who reads the series is an emo wannabe but tbh a lot of them are. plus, jayfeather's character changes so much it's like he's not even the same character. what i don't understand is why everyone likes him so much.

i also dislike hollyleaf not because she killed ashfur; i don't think anyone was mad about that. she's just an annoying character who died too many times and was basically a plot filler. she didn't have much of a character and from what i know is that she was basically a louder version of jayfeather.

i also hate scourge because of the same reasons as jayfeather. he was a total cliche. 'the runt, black fur, blue eyes, evil, sarcastic, underweight, small for his age, evil leader' is something i see basically everywhere.

my favourite characters have to be greystripe, yellowfang, mousefur, longtail, cinderpelt, and sandfur.

Bracken12
May 25th, 2017, 09:27 PM
I Honestly dont like Jay that much Jay x Stick ruined him for me...
Jay x Stick really shouldn't even be here but this meme explains it all :
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f4/03/1c/f4031c1c2cda7ff570ccb9aa3b512f9c.jpg

it's scary that people's minds think of things like that.

Bracken12
May 25th, 2017, 09:35 PM
i hate jayfeather because he is really cliche tbh. everyone likes him because he's sarcastic and a lot of the people who read the series are emo wannabes? idk not trying to be rude and say that everyone who reads the series is an emo wannabe but tbh a lot of them are. plus, jayfeather's character changes so much it's like he's not even the same character. what i don't understand is why everyone likes him so much.

i also dislike hollyleaf not because she killed ashfur; i don't think anyone was mad about that. she's just an annoying character who died too many times and was basically a plot filler. she didn't have much of a character and from what i know is that she was basically a louder version of jayfeather.

i also hate scourge because of the same reasons as jayfeather. he was a total cliche. 'the runt, black fur, blue eyes, evil, sarcastic, underweight, small for his age, evil leader' is something i see basically everywhere.

my favourite characters have to be greystripe, yellowfang, mousefur, longtail, cinderpelt, and sandfur.
I see all your points and they are really good, and Graystripe is amazing. And here's something for you: It's a proven fact that Hollyleaf was originally meant to be the blind one, not Jayfeather. I also agree she was a plot filler. Scourge is just a total waste of time, and I'm not even going to bother reading the manga dedicated to that lump of fur. And I love Cinderpelt, I cried when she had to face Yellowfang passing away, and I cried again when she died saving her brother's mate, that was a noble way to end such a amazing cat. Mousefur died defending her clan, and Longtail was being a good friend by fetching Mousefur's prey.

Bracken12
May 25th, 2017, 09:43 PM
Yes! I don't understand why everyone hated her so much! She was a great cat, and I do admit that she sort of went a little crazy when she found out that she was the daughter of a medicine cat, and that she was half-clan, but she did it because the warrior code was her life, and that her whole existance was the effect of breaking it. I just thought of something, every medicine cat since Spottedleaf has had a secret or not so secret love affair.

Don't get me started about the whole Spotted x Thistle, that was a bad idea since the beginning. It should have been about her love for Firepaw/star!

Tundra
May 25th, 2017, 11:03 PM
Jayfeather is amazing!

wren
May 25th, 2017, 11:31 PM
I personally love jayfeather. Don't be mistaken. Not only do I believe he is well rounded out but I find myself enjoying roleplaying characters like him. I think it's easy to love him because he is such a classic character, he has the charm most people fall in love with! I can totally relate to him in this way. He is snooty and proud which make me happy to see him Kicking some doubtful butts. Longtail on one paw had forfeit his life to becoming an elder while jaypaw at the time had fought to stay a warriors apprentice. I'm not saying Longtail is a quitter I love him too! I'm just saying jayfeathers desire to be good enough can relate to all of us and touch each of our hearts. And who can help not feeling sorry for him? I could only imagine what a great warrior he would have been, smart and cunning. AND. About the "Emo wanna be" meraki thing I don't seem to get it. It's like saying the Emo kids fall in love with Tigerstar cause he is a "Bad guy" I do understand your standing point and I don't wish to start a fight about it but I do think personally we are all driven to characters we like because we just relate to them or can just really get into the character. I adore yellowfang, berrynose and actually mapleshade not just because they are considered "Rude, arrogant, evil" but due to my own personal interests am I drawn to them.

You see the thing about scourge is I can't get enough of him. I wouldn't call him boring or the normal bad guy rather he is a classic. We have all seen the classic bad guy plot but I have not heard of bad cats that just became bad. There is always a reason. His I say is quite valid. His story may be predictable but he keeps you on your paws!

Yet again I find myself attacking meraki and I'm very sorry. Hollyleaf wasn't everyone's favourite but I get that. I think she was a good character. "The go getter" type. When you look at her brothers lion blaze and jay feather they are withdrawn and highly sensitive where she's is just like "let's kick some butt!" She did seem to die lots but it does build character. She is troubled which makes us understand her better and her choices. In the end I would have liked to see her become more than just dead. She was a cat fit for leadership due to her ability to get over her problems in the end of her life. She would have done great as deputy.

Crow
May 25th, 2017, 11:42 PM
I personally love jayfeather. Don't be mistaken. Not only do I believe he is well rounded out but I find myself enjoying roleplaying characters like him. I think it's easy to love him because he is such a classic character, he has the charm most people fall in love with! I can totally relate to him in this way. He is snooty and proud which make me happy to see him Kicking some doubtful butts. Longtail on one paw had forfeit his life to becoming an elder while jaypaw at the time had fought to stay a warriors apprentice. I'm not saying Longtail is a quitter I love him too! I'm just saying jayfeathers desire to be good enough can relate to all of us and touch each of our hearts. And who can help not feeling sorry for him? I could only imagine what a great warrior he would have been, smart and cunning. AND. About the "Emo wanna be" meraki thing I don't seem to get it. It's like saying the Emo kids fall in love with Tigerstar cause he is a "Bad guy" I do understand your standing point and I don't wish to start a fight about it but I do think personally we are all driven to characters we like because we just relate to them or can just really get into the character. I adore yellowfang, berrynose and actually mapleshade not just because they are considered "Rude, arrogant, evil" but due to my own personal interests am I drawn to them.

You see the thing about scourge is I can't get enough of him. I wouldn't call him boring or the normal bad guy rather he is a classic. We have all seen the classic bad guy plot but I have not heard of bad cats that just became bad. There is always a reason. His I say is quite valid. His story may be predictable but he keeps you on your paws!
i don't particularly enjoy jayfeather, but i understand your arguments.
on the 'emo kids' point- this is certainly something that exists in the warriors fandom and i personally hate it, but to each their own, i guess. younger fans in this group are usually drawn to jayfeather and scourge, because they feel it makes them seem 'edgy'.

In my opinion, Scourge was definitely not the best villain, or even a good one [that said, i might feel differently about his character if 'edgy xD' warriors fans didn't flock to him as their favorite character]. His personality/backstory is extremely cliche, and found in pretty much every lazily written villain. Honestly? The love around Scourge confuses me much more than the love around Jayfeather. At least Jayfeather's personality, while still an overused and cliche one, isn't as used as the 'unloved as a child edgy villain' trope.

wren
May 25th, 2017, 11:54 PM
i don't particularly enjoy jayfeather, but i understand your arguments.
on the 'emo kids' point- this is certainly something that exists in the warriors fandom and i personally hate it, but to each their own, i guess. younger fans in this group are usually drawn to jayfeather and scourge, because they feel it makes them seem 'edgy'.

In my opinion, Scourge was definitely not the best villain, or even a good one [that said, i might feel differently about his character if 'edgy xD' warriors fans didn't flock to him as their favorite character]. His personality/backstory is extremely cliche, and found in pretty much every lazily written villain. Honestly? The love around Scourge confuses me much more than the love around Jayfeather. At least Jayfeather's personality, while still an overused and cliche one, isn't as used as the 'unloved as a child edgy villain' trope.

I've certainly never heard it being put that way but it makes me get it even more! I have my own personal reasons to enjoy the medicine cat which relate to personality and experience as opposed to the feeling of being "edgy" which make no mistake was not my intention.
I so understand why others don't enjoy jay feather which cracks a part of my heart each time I hear it but I can understand why.

Valid points crow. I would never vote him best villain if that's what you think I'm implying dear! Goodness gracious never. I do understand the confusion on why people adore scrouge and I suppose you could call me a hypocrite for loving him. Or not. I'm not sure there are many arguments why I like this classic villain. Yet I get your standing point as well, it's hard to deny how cliche but that may be why I love him too. At this point I may be understanding better why your saying what your saying, alas I'm thick skilled and stubborn as a donkey. I still love scourge and I'm pretty sure that won't change for a while yet.

SuspiciousMindz
May 26th, 2017, 04:36 PM
Tbh the whole "power of three" series wasn't that amazing. The main characters weren't that interesting, some were more irritating, the plot was all over the place and I'll leave it at that.
Probably my least favorite of them all. Cool concept behind it, poorly written out and plotted. Just an opinion.

Seraphon
May 26th, 2017, 07:35 PM
I see all your points and they are really good, and Graystripe is amazing. And here's something for you: It's a proven fact that Hollyleaf was originally meant to be the blind one, not Jayfeather. I also agree she was a plot filler. Scourge is just a total waste of time, and I'm not even going to bother reading the manga dedicated to that lump of fur. And I love Cinderpelt, I cried when she had to face Yellowfang passing away, and I cried again when she died saving her brother's mate, that was a noble way to end such a amazing cat. Mousefur died defending her clan, and Longtail was being a good friend by fetching Mousefur's prey.

you SHOULD read the manga dedicated to Scourge.

Seraphon
May 26th, 2017, 07:42 PM
My favorite characters are;
1. Jayfeather
2. Graystripe
3. Brackenfur
4. Gray Wing
5. Scourge
6. Pebble Heart
7. Briarlight
8. Bumblestripe
9. Hollyleaf
10. Thornclaw

Bracken12
May 26th, 2017, 10:08 PM
you SHOULD read the manga dedicated to Scourge.
I should? How come, I mean it looked really cool, but the whole reason he even turned evil is because his sister's lie 'They throw unwanted kits in the river!' so yeah, Ruby's to blame. ( I watched the Rise of Scourge stuff on youtube)

Seraphon
June 12th, 2017, 12:27 PM
I should? How come, I mean it looked really cool, but the whole reason he even turned evil is because his sister's lie 'They throw unwanted kits in the river!' so yeah, Ruby's to blame. ( I watched the Rise of Scourge stuff on youtube)

I don't even own the book and I read it 7 times already. I mean its not the BEST warrior cat book but in my opinion its still pretty good.

That's all I'm going to say, I don't want to spoil anything you may not know yet.

Darky
June 12th, 2017, 12:39 PM
The reason we i love jayfeather is because we can all relate to him. We have something that makes us unique, and something that holds us down. For jayfeather he is blind which holds him back a bit and makes him unique. For me it from having 4 types of ancestors and two didn't get along.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
June 12th, 2017, 12:59 PM
I don't even own the book and I read it 7 times already. I mean its not the BEST warrior cat book but in my opinion its still pretty good.

That's all I'm going to say, I don't want to spoil anything you may not know yet.
In my opinion the best is Mapleshade's Vengeance then Tallstar's Revenge is second, I just noticed a theme there XD

Seraphon
June 12th, 2017, 03:25 PM
In my opinion the best is Mapleshade's Vengeance then Tallstar's Revenge is second, I just noticed a theme there XD

lol that's funny XD

Bracken12
June 12th, 2017, 09:37 PM

I want to read the Graystripe and Millie manga, i also want to read 'Sky Clan and the Stranger' that looks cool, and he (Sol/ Harry) must have been a good cat (At heart, way deep in his heart) if Dumb cluck Leafstar named one of her kits after him. I hate Leafstar she has way to much crazy things that her clan goes by.

Role
June 13th, 2017, 07:53 PM
I love all three of Leafpool's kits but you know what disappointed me most? Is when the Three lost their powers. THATS when my love for Jaybae died a little :")

Seraphon
June 15th, 2017, 07:36 PM
I want to read the Graystripe and Millie manga, i also want to read 'Sky Clan and the Stranger' that looks cool, and he (Sol/ Harry) must have been a good cat (At heart, way deep in his heart) if Dumb cluck Leafstar named one of her kits after him. I hate Leafstar she has way to much crazy things that her clan goes by.

Those are all good books. And Sol kind of was a good cat but idk. I don't hate him but I don't love him either so... When you read them tell me what you think.;)