PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned Nest[Private]

yummyluc
May 16th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Rotting, broken, and hardly liveable, far from the place of twolegs, lies a shack. Perhaps once a nest for twoleg's, now only used for birds to next and grass to grow. A rotting fence hinted a once nice garden, the sweet baby pink of the cottage now a dim greyish, unappealing colour. Shelter to wanderers. Many cats came and went, and the one that stayed had passed, along with his younger companion, many seasons ago. It was obvious from the grave and the mostly clean bones of the significantly smaller frame, that they'd loved each other very much. Now, it was empty, home to many rodents and birds. Well, it was empty.. Until now.
--
Soft, steady footsteps padded through the grass, careful not to rustle the tall stalks. Yellow eyes glinted in the shade, attentive and sharp, claws extending to knead the soft dirt below them. Then they stopped. The whole living creature stopped. Even breathing. Suddenly, in one sudden, sharp burst, he struck the prey he'd been eyeing, killing it in one motion and picking it up.

Grey took a breath, it had been a while since he'd hunted his own food. He was a loner, picked up by twolegs and treated like a kittypet. He hated it, but life was easy. Too easy, it seemed. The monsters brought a kit home, tried making it his "friend". He scoffed, and fled that night. He hadn't eaten the past two days. This was his first meal in what seemed like forever.

The blue-gray tom padded up the steps, curling up to eat his fresh-kill. He got about a fourth of the way through it before he stopped. His ear twitched and his fur began to rise. He wasn't alone. Well, with all the food around, he really wasn't, but this was a different presence. He tasted the air and scowled. Cat. Just one, a tom, he could tell. His fur was rising it completely decimated his slim, sleek frame, he was twice his size.

"Come on!" He hissed loudly, voice rough and low, and tainted in hostility, "I'm no mouse-brain, come out and give me a fair advantage." His yellow eyes flashed and his claws dug into the rotting floorboards of the porch he stood on, back arching as he bared his teeth, looking just about ready to tear whatever moved to shreds.

[ woly ]

graves
May 16th, 2017, 09:47 PM
alphypoin
He would say he had been wandering awhile now. His calico fur rough from the weathers treatment, no longer soft and plush as if he were still living with his nofurs. His paws ached to settle down for the day, timeless walking and the new pre-greenleaf heat was getting to him. He had saw the roof of the shed from tree lengths away, ears perking in excitment in a place to stay for a bit, until he needed to wander again. When he left his twoleg nest many doubted him because of his size, called him ¨Tiny¨ instead of his real name. It got to the point that he had forgotten his real name, seeing as hes been called this since he could hear, that he just went by Tiny now. Others doubted him, and as a dare seasons ago he was dared to live outside for a few nights.
He never came back.
Why would he come back to a world full of bullying, food pellets, and limited freedom? He wanted to explore the world ! To explore and see it with his own eyes, a sense of adventure. But it wasnt as adventurous as he thought seeing as he had no one by his side. He was still young and could still travel, he wanted to settle down for awhile before traveling again- if he decided to that is- as lie was becoming meaningless. He hadnt spoken to another cat for awhile because of his lack of stability, and lack of friends if wandering. The thought made him a bit sad.
So when a scent of pure aggression of another tom flooded his nose he was a little bit shaken. Upon request he slinked out of the tall grass,tail high in the air and curious eyes staring back at the blue tom despite his angry words. He wasnt one to take aggression seriously in these types of situations, which is why there was no fear scent coming off of him. ¨That was a nice catch, preys coming out more now with the warmer weather.¨ he kept his tone calm, not wanting to edge the other on. He could basically smell the radiating kittypet smell off of him, he knew that scent anywhere from his own life. ¨Im in no means to harm you.¨ He figured he should state that bluntly so possibly the tom would calm down. Though he himself gave no indication hew as aggressive, his claws put away and retaining his fur to normality.

yummyluc
May 16th, 2017, 09:57 PM
[ woly ]

Grey kept his guard on high, it was always the nice ones that could so easily stab you in the back, though his fur did flatten just the smallest bit, and he wasn't arching his back as much. He scoffed, acting somewhat offended by the opposing tom's words.

"I'm sure you couldn't if you tried, you look no more a threat than this mouse," He growled cruelly, although there was a sense of playfulness in the back of his throat, not too sweet, though. He trained his eyes on the strange tom, eyes narrowed, but he soon found he couldn't look him in the eyes. It was always either to his ears or the space above his nose. Growing irritated with himself, Grey huffed and put his eyes to his catch.

"Whatever, thanks, I guess," The tom growled begrudgingly, flatting his fur and standing straight, though his claws never sheathed and his muscles were obviously tensed, "What's your business here.." He tasted the air, eyes squinting. He'd know that scent anywhere, "Kittypet." He spat the word as if it were venom on his tongue. Grey may smell like one, but he'd never call himself one, not in a million moons. He was a rogue of a loner, no matter what he smelled like, and he'd let this pathetic little kittypet know it, too, if he tried anything.

graves
May 16th, 2017, 10:12 PM
[ woly ]

Grey kept his guard on high, it was always the nice ones that could so easily stab you in the back, though his fur did flatten just the smallest bit, and he wasn't arching his back as much. He scoffed, acting somewhat offended by the opposing tom's words.

"I'm sure you couldn't if you tried, you look no more a threat than this mouse," He growled cruelly, although there was a sense of playfulness in the back of his throat, not too sweet, though. He trained his eyes on the strange tom, eyes narrowed, but he soon found he couldn't look him in the eyes. It was always either to his ears or the space above his nose. Growing irritated with himself, Grey huffed and put his eyes to his catch.

"Whatever, thanks, I guess," The tom growled begrudgingly, flatting his fur and standing straight, though his claws never sheathed and his muscles were obviously tensed, "What's your business here.." He tasted the air, eyes squinting. He'd know that scent anywhere, "Kittypet." He spat the word as if it were venom on his tongue. Grey may smell like one, but he'd never call himself one, not in a million moons. He was a rogue of a loner, no matter what he smelled like, and he'd let this pathetic little kittypet know it, too, if he tried anything.
At the insult to his size he sized, but bit his tongue. He was used to it at this point, but that didnt mean it still didnt hurt. He noticed that tom avoid his gaze, perhaps it was nervousness?Unease? Whatever it was it left a small chill run up the smaller cats spine, a small boost to his ego. He remained calm though,someone had to to prevent this leading to a physical fight. ¨Your nose must be in a twist because I havent been a kittypet for a few seasons now, I think you might be smelling yourself.¨ his voice was cool, though still no signs of aggression. ¨I saw shelter near here and I thought I could settle down for a bit, but if youd prefer me to leave Ill just leave you be.¨ he was in no mood for a fight, but he wasnt going to let another shelter slip out of his paws just yet.

yummyluc
May 16th, 2017, 10:28 PM
At the insult to his size he sized but bit his tongue. He was used to it at this point, but that didn't mean it still didn't hurt. He noticed that tom avoid his gaze, perhaps it was nervousness?Unease? Whatever it was it left a small chill run up the smaller cats spine, a small boost to his ego. He remained calm though, someone had to prevent this leading to a physical fight. ¨Your nose must be in a twist because I haven't been a kittypet for a few seasons now, I think you might be smelling yourself.¨ his voice was cool, though still no signs of aggression. ¨I saw shelter near here and I thought I could settle down for a bit, but if you'd prefer me to leave I'll just leave you be.¨ he was in no mood for a fight, but he wasn't going to let another shelter slip out of his paws just yet.
It took everything Grey had not to hiss or growl at the obviously a tad more arrogant tom. He simply shut his eyes and took a deep breath, letting it out slow. He glowered at the tom before him, though his eyes landed on the space above the tom's nose.

"Listen, you pathetic little loner, I am not a kittypet. I could rip you to shreds just for assuming that." His tone was sharp and firm, though the words were harsh, it was obvious through the tone of his voice that he didn't really mean the words he spoke, "I don't care if you stay here or not, just keep your distance." And with that, he picked up his partially eaten meal and turned to leave through the door.

The inside of the house was much worse than the outside, crumbling wooden beams and metal littered the inside, leaving a small passageway from the door, barely enough for even Grey's slender frame to slip through, and to an open space. The light of the late sun filtered in nicely to a clearing that could be used as a living space. A small clear way where the floorboards would hold, and about half the steps were left unscathed and clear enough to put makeshift beds on.

Enough space to keep that brat of a kit at a safe distance.. Grey growled in his head, climbing up the first few steps to enjoy the rest of his meal, which had gone cold from being ignored in the encounter outside. While he ate, Grey thought of his words. Did he really want the tom to leave? Well, of course, he did. Fewer friends meant less trouble if he messed up, and more food and space for himself. But he second-guessed himself, like he always did, yellow eyes flickering between the two thoughts. Grey was so lonely, but he didn't want the trouble of having to get along with another cat, let alone one that called him a kittypet, despite his appearance contradicting the very definition of what it was.

graves
May 16th, 2017, 10:38 PM
It took everything Grey had not to hiss or growl at the obviously a tad more arrogant tom. He simply shut his eyes and took a deep breath, letting it out slow. He glowered at the tom before him, though his eyes landed on the space above the tom's nose.

"Listen, you pathetic little loner, I am not a kittypet. I could rip you to shreds just for assuming that." His tone was sharp and firm, though the words were harsh, it was obvious through the tone of his voice that he didn't really mean the words he spoke, "I don't care if you stay here or not, just keep your distance." And with that, he picked up his partially eaten meal and turned to leave through the door.

The inside of the house was much worse than the outside, crumbling wooden beams and metal littered the inside, leaving a small passageway from the door, barely enough for even Grey's slender frame to slip through, and to an open space. The light of the late sun filtered in nicely to a clearing that could be used as a living space. A small clear way where the floorboards would hold, and about half the steps were left unscathed and clear enough to put makeshift beds on.

Enough space to keep that brat of a kit at a safe distance.. Grey growled in his head, climbing up the first few steps to enjoy the rest of his meal, which had gone cold from being ignored in the encounter outside. While he ate, Grey thought of his words. Did he really want the tom to leave? Well, of course, he did. Fewer friends meant less trouble if he messed up, and more food and space for himself. But he second-guessed himself, like he always did, yellow eyes flickering between the two thoughts. Grey was so lonely, but he didn't want the trouble of having to get along with another cat, let alone one that called him a kittypet, despite his appearance contradicting the very definition of what it was.
He didnt have to leave?
That was a bit of a shock, seeing as the tom seemed to despise him already. Though he was patient,nor did he really care. He waited a bit for the tom to go settle himself in the abandoned shed, waiting a moment to give him space. He seems like a piece of work..no biggie I guess. Better then no one. He would try to keep positive, seeing as he planned to stay here for awhile hed have to handle the other cats exsistance accordingly. He didnt even catch the other cats name. After waiting a bit he followed him inside the shed, not caring or giving a rat tooth about ¨Space¨ for that matter. He was persistence, and he was determined to see the tom a little bit nicer, even if that took awhile. He slipped into the narrow entrance easily, seeing as he wasnt dubbed Tiny for no reason. Green eyes wandered around the den, pieces of wood,metal, glass littered the floor and he watched his step. He made his way past Grey silently, giving a small glance at him before jumping on a near by windowsil of the place, letting his tail hang along side of him dangling. He stared outside, the breeze easily coming through seeing as most of the windows were broke in this place. ¨My names Tiny.¨ he mewed abrupty, which prompted for the other cat to share his name. He figured if they were going to stay in the same place, they might aswel get to know one another.

yummyluc
May 16th, 2017, 10:53 PM
He didn't have to leave?
That was a bit of a shock, seeing as the tom seemed to despise him already. Though he was patient, nor did he really care. He waited a bit for the tom to go settle himself in the abandoned shed, waiting a moment to give him space. He seems like a piece of work..no biggie, I guess. Better than no one. He would try to keep positive, seeing as he planned to stay here for a while he'd have to handle the other cat's existence accordingly. He didn't even catch the other cat's name. After waiting a bit he followed him inside the shed, not caring or giving a rat tooth about ¨space¨ for that matter. He was persistent, and he was determined to see the tom a little bit nicer, even if that took awhile. He slipped into the narrow entrance easily, seeing as he wasn't dubbed Tiny for nothing. Green eyes wandered around the den, pieces of wood, metal, glass littered the floor and he watched his step. He made his way past Grey silently, giving a small glance at him before jumping on a near by windowsill of the place, letting his tail hang along side of him dangling. He stared outside, the breeze easily coming through seeing as most of the windows were broke in this place. ¨My name's Tiny.¨ He mewed abruptly, which prompted for the other cat to share his name. He figured if they were going to stay in the same place, they might as well get to know one another.
Grey had finished eating by the time the tom had went inside after him, which he'd sort of expected to happen. He'd simply been getting the bits of food from between his teeth and resting before the other came in. It was silent for a moment, which Grey sort of enjoyed, although it did feel a tad bit awkward. Then the tom spoke and Grey almost jumped. Almost. The words so abrupt and sudden, it took him a moment to gather himself before he processed the words.

Tiny.. huh, I guess that makes sense.. Grey analyzed, remembering what he had said outside, he sort of winced as he remembered the glint in Tiny's eye when he'd said the first insult, then the second. He hadn't meant for them to be that way, but anything can be taken differently depending on how the receiver thinks.

Grey narrowed his eyes, staring at the back of the tom's-- Tiny's --head for a moment before flatly replying with his own name. They may as well get used to each other's names if they were going to be sharing a den together.

"Grey."

graves
May 16th, 2017, 11:07 PM
Grey had finished eating by the time the tom had went inside after him, which he'd sort of expected to happen. He'd simply been getting the bits of food from between his teeth and resting before the other came in. It was silent for a moment, which Grey sort of enjoyed, although it did feel a tad bit awkward. Then the tom spoke and Grey almost jumped. Almost. The words so abrupt and sudden, it took him a moment to gather himself before he processed the words.

Tiny.. huh, I guess that makes sense.. Grey analyzed, remembering what he had said outside, he sort of winced as he remembered the glint in Tiny's eye when he'd said the first insult, then the second. He hadn't meant for them to be that way, but anything can be taken differently depending on how the receiver thinks.

Grey narrowed his eyes, staring at the back of the tom's-- Tiny's --head for a moment before flatly replying with his own name. They may as well get used to each other's names if they were going to be sharing a den together.

"Grey."
He was expecting Grey to yell at him when he followed him inside, mainly because he made it clear he wanted space but ¨space¨ wasnt really in Tinys vocabulary. He liked company and was rather a social cat, liking to be in another presence when they were around constantly. He was also one for physical comfort but in no way means was he expecting that from Grey, nor since they had just met eachother. He turned his head to face the other, the scent of prey filling his nose immediately. He couldnt remember that last time he had eaten and perhaps he would go hunt before it got dark. Unlike Grey, he wouldnt resort to name calling or insults. Though he tried to not take the toms words to heart, seeing as hes been called those countless times. ¨Nice name,¨ he gave a small smile, attempting to make up for their hostile beginning. ¨How long have you been on your own?¨ he was attempting to get to know the other, friendly small talk conversation. He didnt know how much hed get seeing how closed off the other cat was, but he was smart enough to know the hostility was all a front.

yummyluc
May 16th, 2017, 11:27 PM
He was expecting Grey to yell at him when he followed him inside, mainly because he made it clear he wanted space but ¨space¨ wasn't really in Tiny's vocabulary. He liked company and was rather a social cat, liking to be in another presence when they were around constantly. He was also one for physical comfort but in no way was he expecting that from Grey, not since they had just met each other. He turned his head to face the other, the scent of prey filling his nose immediately. He couldn't remember that last time he had eaten and perhaps he would go hunt before it got dark. Unlike Grey, he wouldn't resort to name calling or insults. Though he tried to not take the tom's words to heart, seeing as he'd been called those countless times. ¨Nice name.¨ He gave a small smile, attempting to make up for their hostile beginning. ¨How long have you been on your own?¨ He was attempting to get to know the other, friendly small talk conversation. He didn't know how much he'd get seeing how closed off the other cat was, but he was smart enough to know the hostility was all a front.
Grey let a huff of air out through his nose, something of a chuckle but not really. He bit back a shy smile. He wasn't really one for compliments, but he took it anyways with slightly kinder eyes. The next question he knew the answer to, only he didn't want to say it. It was an insult to his pride. He didn't particularly trust this cat, but he was beginning to think he really wasn't going to be a threat, and Grey rarely ever thought that, as his instincts were pretty well aligned.

Flaming yellow optics met with cool green orbs for first real time since they met, and a lightning bolt shot through Grey so fast his breath hitched silently, and he shook his head before looking away. He couldn't tell if he'd liked the shock or not, but it definitely wasn't bad. He growled at himself in his head before he finally said something.

"Two days." There, plain and simple. Grey wasn't looking for a reward, he wasn't even trying to act tough. In fact, the way he answered sounded rather sheepish, embarrassed even. Well, for his mostly flat tone of voice it did, to a normal cat it would sound rather plain.

Not bothering to say anything else, the grey-blue cat rolled over with a yawn. He could barely remember the last time he slept. It was cold, and he'd have appreciated some sort of cushioning and warmth, but he would deal with a good solid stair and his own body heat, because no way was he willing to go out and gather bedding, nor was he willing to ask Tiny for warmth. Too much pride, and the attitude he'd shown the other tom so far? It would only contradict it, and he wasn't ready to let this cat in. Not yet, at least.

graves
May 16th, 2017, 11:41 PM
Grey let a huff of air out through his nose, something of a chuckle but not really. He bit back a shy smile. He wasn't really one for compliments, but he took it anyways with slightly kinder eyes. The next question he knew the answer to, only he didn't want to say it. It was an insult to his pride. He didn't particularly trust this cat, but he was beginning to think he really wasn't going to be a threat, and Grey rarely ever thought that, as his instincts were pretty well aligned.

Flaming yellow optics met with cool green orbs for first real time since they met, and a lightning bolt shot through Grey so fast his breath hitched silently, and he shook his head before looking away. He couldn't tell if he'd liked the shock or not, but it definitely wasn't bad. He growled at himself in his head before he finally said something.

"Two days." There, plain and simple. Grey wasn't looking for a reward, he wasn't even trying to act tough. In fact, the way he answered sounded rather sheepish, embarrassed even. Well, for his mostly flat tone of voice it did, to a normal cat it would sound rather plain.

Not bothering to say anything else, the grey-blue cat rolled over with a yawn. He could barely remember the last time he slept. It was cold, and he'd have appreciated some sort of cushioning and warmth, but he would deal with a good solid stair and his own body heat, because no way was he willing to go out and gather bedding, nor was he willing to ask Tiny for warmth. Too much pride, and the attitude he'd shown the other tom so far? It would only contradict it, and he wasn't ready to let this cat in. Not yet, at least.
¨Hm.¨
The answer was plain and simple, not much to really start a conversation with. He could tell the mention of his past bothered him so he didnt really push his limits seeing as he only just met Grey. Hed tell him on his own time, and he didnt mind that. He noticed for the first time yellow met green in a soft gaze which left Tiny with a sort of after shock in his gut. Nothing bad, but new. It was the first time he had properly given him his attention since meeting him, seeing as he liked to avoid his gaze. If the other wasn't going to prompt for conversation then he would,¨I dont know how long I've been out here alone, seasons perhaps of just wandering. Been called Tiny so often I forgot my own name.¨ which was true, he truly didnt know his real name his mother had given him. Not that it really mattered anyway, he was labeled as ¨tiny¨ for his size and lived with that as his own name. You could see his name as an insult to himself or not, depending how you looked at it. His paws ached with wandering and walking and was glad that Grey had allowed him to stay.(He would have stayed anyway, but the permission was a nice factor).

yummyluc
May 16th, 2017, 11:51 PM
¨Hm.¨
The answer was plain and simple, not much to really start a conversation with. He could tell the mention of his past bothered him so he didn't really push his limits seeing as he only just met Grey. He'd tell him on his own time, and he didn't mind that. He noticed for the first time yellow met green in a soft gaze which left Tiny with a sort of after shock in his gut. Nothing bad, but new. It was the first time he had properly given him his attention since meeting him, seeing as he liked to avoid his gaze. If the other wasn't going to prompt for conversation then he would,¨I don't know how long I've been out here alone, seasons perhaps of just wandering. Been called Tiny so often I forgot my own name.¨ which was true, he truly didn't know his real name his mother had given him. Not that it really mattered anyway, he was labeled as ¨Tiny¨ for his size and lived with that as his own name. You could see his name as an insult to himself or not, depending how you looked at it. His paws ached with wandering and walking and was glad that Grey had allowed him to stay.(He would have stayed anyway, but the permission was a nice factor).
Grey, half awake, sighed inwardly. Seems Tiny wanted a conversation. Okay, then Grey would give him one, albeit he didn't move. "S'cute.. fits you.." Grey mumbled, willing himself to the limbo of sleeping and the waking world, curling himself into a tighter ball. His whiskers were twitching with the cold, and he really didn't want to get up.

"Cats call me Grey because it's usually starting rain if I show up." It was a joke, when Grey had been born, the second he started to cry, it started to rain. Originally, his name had been a bit more gentle, something that'd fit a kittypet. He hated it, so he ran away and changed it. Stormy, ugh, a horrible name. It didn't fit him at all. Well, at least in Grey's opinion.

graves
May 17th, 2017, 12:05 AM
Grey, half awake, sighed inwardly. Seems Tiny wanted a conversation. Okay, then Grey would give him one, albeit he didn't move. "S'cute.. fits you.." Grey mumbled, willing himself to the limbo of sleeping and the waking world, curling himself into a tighter ball. His whiskers were twitching with the cold, and he really didn't want to get up.

"Cats call me Grey because it's usually starting rain if I show up." It was a joke, when Grey had been born, the second he started to cry, it started to rain. Originally, his name had been a bit more gentle, something that'd fit a kittypet. He hated it, so he ran away and changed it. Stormy, ugh, a horrible name. It didn't fit him at all. Well, at least in Grey's opinion.
His ears perked at the compliment, letting a rush of warmth rush over his pelt for a moment. He didnt know if the tom actually meant it though,seeing as he was probably half asleep while talking. hed accept it though, giving a small smile and a flustered thank you. He tilted his head slightly at listening to the other cat and his name origin. Seemed interesting, he liked it. ¨I like the rain, its pretty.¨ he mewed. He did like the rain, unlike other cats he found joy in water, whenever he let the rain settle in his pelt he felt refreshed and new, despite the shivering hed get after. He took another glance out of the window. It was nice and dry outside, sun shining over the nest. He looked back towards Grey noticing how he was basically falling asleep while he talked, not to mention on an uncomfortable uncushioned surface.He knew his way around nature a bit and he was sure he could atleast find something that would be better then that of all things.He slipped down from the windowsil he was on, landing in his paws neatly. ¨You seem to be falling asleep where you sit, Ill leave you be for now. I have to go look for something.¨ A quest to find feathers of course.

yummyluc
May 17th, 2017, 12:26 AM
His ears perked at the compliment, letting a rush of warmth rush over his pelt for a moment. He didn't know if the tom actually meant it though, seeing as he was probably half asleep while talking. He'd accept it though, giving a small smile and a flustered thank you. He tilted his head slightly at listening to the other cat and his name origin. Seemed interesting, he liked it. ¨I like the rain, it's pretty,¨ He mewed. He did like the rain, unlike other cats he found joy in water, whenever he let the rain settle in his pelt he felt refreshed and new, despite the shivering he'd get after. He took another glance out of the window. It was nice and dry outside, sun shining over the nest. He looked back towards Grey noticing how he was basically falling asleep while he talked, not to mention on an uncomfortable not cushioned surface. He knew his way around nature a bit and he was sure he could at least find something that would be better then that of all things.He slipped down from the windowsill he was on, landing in his paws neatly. ¨You seem to be falling asleep where you sit, I'll leave you be for now. I have to go look for something.¨ A quest to find feathers of course.
The older tom gave something of a grumble that sounded like "good luck" and felt himself start to drift off, though as he did so, the gears in his head started to turn.

Tiny had never been scared of him. Didn't flinch, didn't back off, didn't even smell slightly scared. And the fact he had the audacity to say his snarky comment. Well, it was stupid, even Grey knew that. You don't mess with a cat that's hostile, mask or not. You leave them alone. But Grey was sort of glad he hadn't. If Grey was being honest, and he tended to be very honest, he actually found the actions Tiny had taken a bit.. admirable. Not that Grey liked any part of the stupid kit other than his stupidity of being daring, which was a stupid thing to admire, which he stupidly definitely did not admire.

Just shut up and go to sleep, Grey. He growled to himself, curling up even tighter and finally starting to drift, hoping Tiny would take his time and keep his distance as they slept. Grey was just known for curling into the nearest source of warmth when he slept, and waking up to doing that to some stupid tom like Tiny? He'd never look at himself again,

graves
May 17th, 2017, 12:45 AM
The older tom gave something of a grumble that sounded like "good luck" and felt himself start to drift off, though as he did so, the gears in his head started to turn.

Tiny had never been scared of him. Didn't flinch, didn't back off, didn't even smell slightly scared. And the fact he had the audacity to say his snarky comment. Well, it was stupid, even Grey knew that. You don't mess with a cat that's hostile, mask or not. You leave them alone. But Grey was sort of glad he hadn't. If Grey was being honest, and he tended to be very honest, he actually found the actions Tiny had taken a bit.. admirable. Not that Grey liked any part of the stupid kit other than his stupidity of being daring, which was a stupid thing to admire, which he stupidly definitely did not admire.

Just shut up and go to sleep, Grey. He growled to himself, curling up even tighter and finally starting to drift, hoping Tiny would take his time and keep his distance as they slept. Grey was just known for curling into the nearest source of warmth when he slept, and waking up to doing that to some stupid tom like Tiny? He'd never look at himself again,
Tiny was glad the tom was to tired to question, he didnt feel like saying ¨oh yeah, finding feathers for you obviously.¨ Id be a bit weird. He slipped back outside through the narrow entrance again easily, taking a breath of fresh air. It was nice outside, the warmth settling in his pelt nicely. Now, to find feathers. Seeing as this place was abandon he was sure there have mustve been some abandoned bird nests too. And soon after exploring along the dges of the house he eventually found some littered feathers. It was probably from whoever lived here before. He nudged them with his paws, the soft texture ticking between his toes. They felt nice under his paws, surely better then whatever Grey seemed to be sleeping on now. He picked up as much as he could carry, which shouldve been enough to ease Greys discomfort, he padded inside quietly. He was pretty sure the tom shouldve been sleeping by now, he placed the feathers next to him gently, not wanting to disturb him. He was positive Grey would 1: think he was weird for being this close and 2: probably yell at him for doing so. But with his tiny paws he worked the feather under the sides of Grey gentle, tucking them under him, barely touching his fur. He tried to prevent himself from sneezing, seeing as he still has a feather ticking his nose. After doing his quest he stood back and looked at his handiwork and smiled in success. He was rather tired himself, so he shuffled maybe a foxlength away from the other cat and curled up in his own area. He wasnt to far from the other cat, still in view. He didnt take any feathers himself,mainly using all the ones he found for the cat across from him-not that he minded. He still had a feather by his nose but he didnt care, allowing heavy lids to come to a close as he decided to rest.

yummyluc
May 17th, 2017, 01:26 AM
Tiny was glad the tom was to tired to question, he didn't feel like saying ¨Oh yeah, finding feathers for you, obviously.¨ t'Id be a bit weird. He slipped back outside through the narrow entrance again, easily, taking a breath of fresh air. It was nice outside, the warmth settling in his pelt nicely. Now, to find feathers. Seeing as this place was abandon he was sure there have must've been some abandoned bird nests too. And soon after exploring along the edges of the house he eventually found some littered feathers. It was probably from whoever lived here before. He nudged them with his paws, the soft texture ticking between his toes. They felt nice under his paws, surely better then whatever Grey seemed to be sleeping on now. He picked up as much as he could carry, which should've been enough to ease Grey's discomfort, he padded inside quietly. He was pretty sure the tom should've been sleeping by now, he placed the feathers next to him gently, not wanting to disturb him. He was positive Grey would 1: think he was weird for being this close and 2: probably yell at him for doing so. But, with his tiny paws he worked the feather under the sides of Grey gentle, tucking them under him, barely touching his fur. He tried to prevent himself from sneezing, seeing as he still has a feather ticking his nose. After doing his quest he stood back and looked at his handiwork and smiled in success. He was rather tired himself, so he shuffled maybe a foxlength away from the other cat and curled up in his own area. He wasn't to far from the other cat, still in view. He didn't take any feathers himself, mainly using all the ones he found for the cat across from him-not that he minded. He still had a feather by his nose but he didn't care, allowing heavy lids to come to a close as he decided to rest.
By the time Grey woke up the next day, it was well past midday, and he'd slept in so much his muscles ached. He got up slowly, satisfied with his bones popping as he stood. He bent, maw gaping as he yawned. Then he sneezed, something soft tickling his nose. He shook away the bleariness from his eyes and looked at what'd made him sneeze. It was a... feather? Where'd that come from? Despite the shack's inhabitants, he rarely found feathers falling inside the crumbling shack. In fact, he never had, at least from his time there. He eyed the feathers suspiciously, then he paused. He shook his pelt. And of course, more feathers fell from the sleek grey fur.

This was definitely deliberate.. and I didn't put these here.. Grey's eyes narrowed and he turned fast, taking a too fast glance around the makeshift around the den before, slipping out through the crisscrossing beams to the bright outside. He squinted against the harsh light of late midday. Then he stepped lightly onto the ground off the porch. Nothing like a hunt just out of a long sleep. He told himself as he stifled a yawn, still light on his paws, slinking through the grass just as quietly as before. He tasted the air, spotted his prey, and paused, very slowly, very quietly getting into a low position, skimming closer, closer enough his mouth watered of hunger.

Suddenly he was a statue, standing so still you could mistake him for one. His eyes narrowed as he watched the unsuspecting bird, picking seeds off the ground, hop closer.. closer..

graves
May 17th, 2017, 01:42 AM
By the time Grey woke up the next day, it was well past midday, and he'd slept in so much his muscles ached. He got up slowly, satisfied with his bones popping as he stood. He bent, maw gaping as he yawned. Then he sneezed, something soft tickling his nose. He shook away the bleariness from his eyes and looked at what'd made him sneeze. It was a... feather? Where'd that come from? Despite the shack's inhabitants, he rarely found feathers falling inside the crumbling shack. In fact, he never had, at least from his time there. He eyed the feathers suspiciously, then he paused. He shook his pelt. And of course, more feathers fell from the sleek grey fur.

This was definitely deliberate.. and I didn't put these here.. Grey's eyes narrowed and he turned fast, taking a too fast glance around the makeshift around the den before, slipping out through the crisscrossing beams to the bright outside. He squinted against the harsh light of late midday. Then he stepped lightly onto the ground off the porch. Nothing like a hunt just out of a long sleep. He told himself as he stifled a yawn, still light on his paws, slinking through the grass just as quietly as before. He tasted the air, spotted his prey, and paused, very slowly, very quietly getting into a low position, skimming closer, closer enough his mouth watered of hunger.

Suddenly he was a statue, standing so still you could mistake him for one. His eyes narrowed as he watched the unsuspecting bird, picking seeds off the ground, hop closer.. closer..
Tiny heard the other tom leave with the flicker of an ear, still laying silently. He sat up hissing under his breath in discomfort. Either it was from him sleeping on the plain ground or sleeping in a weird position, his body ached slightly when sitting up. He sat up, lidded eyes looking around the shed and realizing it was empty. He stood up now, giving a small yawn and stretch which cracked many bones in the process. He slipped out of the nest once again, his eyes going into slits at the exposure of sun rays pelting into his eyes. His mouth watered at the scent of a bird, the same scent that Grey was after. Tiny had a excellent nose, better then average which was good for tracking. So despite the bird not knowing of his presence, Tiny did. He sat on the porch of the shed silently, not wanting to disturb the other cats hunt and watched intently with green hues.

yummyluc
May 17th, 2017, 03:19 PM
Tiny heard the other tom leave with the flicker of an ear, still laying silently. He sat up hissing under his breath in discomfort. Either it was from him sleeping on the plain ground or sleeping in a weird position, his body ached slightly when sitting up. He sat up, lidded eyes looking around the shed and realising it was empty. He stood up now, giving a small yawn and stretch which cracked many bones in the process. He slipped out of the nest once again, his eyes going into slits at the exposure of sun rays melting into his eyes. His mouth watered at the scent of a bird, the same scent that Grey was after. Tiny had an excellent nose, better than average which was good for tracking. So despite the bird not knowing of his presence, Tiny did. He sat on the porch of the shed silently, not wanting to disturb the other cats hunt and watched intently with green hues.
A silent pawstep forward, then another, and Grey prepared to pounce. The bird was a mouselength away from his nose, eyes narrowed in concentration. A silent strike and the bird screamed, only for a second before Grey put it down with a bite to the neck, snapping it and picking it up in his mouth. The limp raven hung with its wings dangling just barely off the ground. Satisfied with his catch, the young tom padded back to the porch to eat.

Would Tiny be able to hunt his own food? Grey thought as he approached the steps. Can the brat even hunt? But then he shook his head. You shouldn't be worried about him, he can take care of himself, and you don't even like him. He scolded himself, growling silently through the feathers in his mouth.

graves
May 17th, 2017, 04:52 PM
A silent pawstep forward, then another, and Grey prepared to pounce. The bird was a mouselength away from his nose, eyes narrowed in concentration. A silent strike and the bird screamed, only for a second before Grey put it down with a bite to the neck, snapping it and picking it up in his mouth. The limp raven hung with its wings dangling just barely off the ground. Satisfied with his catch, the young tom padded back to the porch to eat.

Would Tiny be able to hunt his own food? Grey thought as he approached the steps. Can the brat even hunt? But then he shook his head. You shouldn't be worried about him, he can take care of himself, and you don't even like him. He scolded himself, growling silently through the feathers in his mouth.
Tiny watched intently, ears perks and green pools gazing as the tom made his catch. ¨Thats a nice catch for a beginner.¨ the other tom piped up, giving a smile before standing up and stretching again, passing Grey with a playful gaze and walking off the porch and down the creaky steps. He himself had been a loner for seasons, though he looked far younger then the other. Maybe it was because of his size or his baby face, he didnt care. He knew how to hunt, and it was obvious Grey thought low of him so hopefully hed prove him otherwise by being able to catch his own food. He let the grass tickle his toes as he slinked himself in the long grass, easily engulfed with his smaller size. He didnt mind though, it only gave him an easier time. He stayed still in the grass, tail twitching quietly with his mouth opened as he waited. He was Tiny sure, but he could fend for himself and was persistent in doing so. He opened his mouth allowing scents to flood his nose and the roof of his mouth as it watered slightly, hunger of not eating last night had affected him. The sun pelted his calico fur above him as he waited patiently. He was stubborn and could wait all day. His nose twitched as he caught a scent, it was the scent of a chipmunk he could tell. Analyzing the environment around him he noticed the rodent was a few ways up a tree, no way he could get it if he made one wrong move.
He crept closer.

yummyluc
May 17th, 2017, 10:31 PM
Tiny watched intently, ears perks and green pools gazing as the tom made his catch. ¨Thats a nice catch for a beginner.¨ the other tom piped up, giving a smile before standing up and stretching again, passing Grey with a playful gaze and walking off the porch and down the creaky steps. He himself had been a loner for seasons, though he looked far younger then the other. Maybe it was because of his size or his baby face, he didnt care. He knew how to hunt, and it was obvious Grey thought low of him so hopefully hed prove him otherwise by being able to catch his own food. He let the grass tickle his toes as he slinked himself in the long grass, easily engulfed with his smaller size. He didnt mind though, it only gave him an easier time. He stayed still in the grass, tail twitching quietly with his mouth opened as he waited. He was Tiny sure, but he could fend for himself and was persistent in doing so. He opened his mouth allowing scents to flood his nose and the roof of his mouth as it watered slightly, hunger of not eating last night had affected him. The sun pelted his calico fur above him as he waited patiently. He was stubborn and could wait all day. His nose twitched as he caught a scent, it was the scent of a chipmunk he could tell. Analyzing the environment around him he noticed the rodent was a few ways up a tree, no way he could get it if he made one wrong move.
He crept closer.
'Beginner..?' Grey mouthed, letting out an audible growl, a deeply rooted hostility echoing off of it. He meant it this time. He'd been a loner all his life, abandoned by his mother, raised by strays, he was strong, independent, capable. He'd lived with those rotten twolegs for two moons before he fled, and even still then he hunted every so often to keep his senses keen. And this stranger, this piece of wasted kittypet meat, had the audacity to call him an amateur? Really? Grey had been hunting since before this kit could wriggle free of his mother.

Amateur, hm? We'll see who's the amateur around here.. Grey said to himself, flopping himself down roughly and tearing so fast into his meal, he ripped out a main blood vessel and the sticky, cool, red liquid splattered across his lighter muzzle. He didn't move to clean it, he only spat the vein out and went back to eating.

Of course, Grey could easily drive Tiny out, give him a fight and a scar to remember, show him that this was his territory, not anyone else's. But Grey wasn't like that, despite how hostile he came off as, he was only trying to prove himself, constantly, and it became habit. Not that he really had anything to prove, at least, most cats thought so.

graves
May 18th, 2017, 05:44 AM
'Beginner..?' Grey mouthed, letting out an audible growl, a deeply rooted hostility echoing off of it. He meant it this time. He'd been a loner all his life, abandoned by his mother, raised by strays, he was strong, independent, capable. He'd lived with those rotten twolegs for two moons before he fled, and even still then he hunted every so often to keep his senses keen. And this stranger, this piece of wasted kittypet meat, had the audacity to call him an amateur? Really? Grey had been hunting since before this kit could wriggle free of his mother.

Amateur, hm? We'll see who's the amateur around here.. Grey said to himself, flopping himself down roughly and tearing so fast into his meal, he ripped out a main blood vessel and the sticky, cool, red liquid splattered across his lighter muzzle. He didn't move to clean it, he only spat the vein out and went back to eating.

Of course, Grey could easily drive Tiny out, give him a fight and a scar to remember, show him that this was his territory, not anyone else's. But Grey wasn't like that, despite how hostile he came off as, he was only trying to prove himself, constantly, and it became habit. Not that he really had anything to prove, at least, most cats thought so.
Green slits focused on the rodent above him. He stayed quiet, taking tiny pawsteps closer and closer. He could feel his hunger edging on him, lack of food for awhile was starting to get to him. His claws poked the ground, ready for the feeling of being able to grasp the prey under his claws. It was a bold move trying to catch prey that was already half way up a tree but he was hungry, and nothing else could be seen in his view. He stayed silent. Then, in a flash he sprouted out of the grass, clear claws extended to latch onto the tree. The chipmunk squealed in fear, attempting to run further up the tree but Tiny paced up the tree, claws dung deep in the bark and snagged a claw on its tail, dragging it down with him as he left himself fall from the tree. Flexes kicked in and he landed on his paws of course, giving a swift killing bite to the piece of prey and proud let it hang from his jaws as he paced back to the porch where he was before. He wasnt skilled in combat, not the best due to his size and could be easily over powered but that gave him an advantage when it came to hunting. Using his small size for quick blows and being able to move it swiftly, and seeing that from his lighter body weight it wasnt to hard to climb up trees. He settled himself down a bit away from Grey, taking note from his growl he probably didnt enjoy his presence at the moment. But at times he couldnt help himself when it came to his snarky comments.

yummyluc
May 28th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Green slits focused on the rodent above him. He stayed quiet, taking tiny pawsteps closer and closer. He could feel his hunger edging on him, lack of food for awhile was starting to get to him. His claws poked the ground, ready for the feeling of being able to grasp the prey under his claws. It was a bold move trying to catch prey that was already half way up a tree but he was hungry, and nothing else could be seen in his view. He stayed silent. Then, in a flash he sprouted out of the grass, clear claws extended to latch onto the tree. The chipmunk squealed in fear, attempting to run further up the tree but Tiny paced up the tree, claws dung deep in the bark and snagged a claw on its tail, dragging it down with him as he left himself fall from the tree. Flexes kicked in and he landed on his paws, of course, giving a swift killing bite to the piece of prey and proudly let it hang from his jaws as he paced back to the porch where he was before. He wasn't skilled in combat, not the best due to his size and could be easily overpowered but that gave him an advantage when it came to hunting. Using his small size for quick blows and being able to move it swiftly, and seeing that from his lighter body weight it wasn't too hard to climb up trees. He settled himself down a bit away from Grey, taking note from his growl he probably didn't enjoy his presence at the moment. But at times he couldn't help himself when it came to his snarky comments.
Grey ignored the other cat for a moment, just a moment, trying to talk sense into himself. Relax, you idiot, picking a fight with this mousebrain is just as pointless as reasoning with him. Okay, but he called you an amateur, simply because you wreak of kittypet, is that not good enough reason to beat the brains out of him? No, it's really not. Okay, but sheathed claws. Maybe. It's still an overreaction, the tom knows nothing about you, how could he possibly know anything? Ignorance is no excuse. Fine, a playful scuffle, but nothing more, claws sheathed. Sure, I'll keep it "playful" all right.

Swallowing his last chunk of the raven, Grey licked his maw, eyes narrowed at the late afternoon sun. "Have you ever won a fight, Tiny?" He asked flatly, the name suddenly so strange and foreign against his tongue, like grooming a cat he didn't know. Exactly like that. He rubbed his paws against his face, feigning after meal exhaustion, casting a side glance of sapphire eyes in the petty tom's direction. His own promise echoing in his head as he glared. His hostility had only been a show before, now it was real. No one called him a beginner. Ever. He lived his whole life on hunting, he'd be an expert.

graves
May 28th, 2017, 08:43 PM
Grey ignored the other cat for a moment, just a moment, trying to talk sense into himself. Relax, you idiot, picking a fight with this mousebrain is just as pointless as reasoning with him. Okay, but he called you an amateur, simply because you wreak of kittypet, is that not good enough reason to beat the brains out of him? No, it's really not. Okay, but sheathed claws. Maybe. It's still an overreaction, the tom knows nothing about you, how could he possibly know anything? Ignorance is no excuse. Fine, a playful scuffle, but nothing more, claws sheathed. Sure, I'll keep it "playful" all right.

Swallowing his last chunk of the raven, Grey licked his maw, eyes narrowed at the late afternoon sun. "Have you ever won a fight, Tiny?" He asked flatly, the name suddenly so strange and foreign against his tongue, like grooming a cat he didn't know. Exactly like that. He rubbed his paws against his face, feigning after meal exhaustion, casting a side glance of sapphire eyes in the petty tom's direction. His own promise echoing in his head as he glared. His hostility had only been a show before, now it was real. No one called him a beginner. Ever. He lived his whole life on hunting, he'd be an expert.
The tom looked up from his catch, gulping down a few bites before his ears perked at the question. "Well it depends what you consider winning," he tilted his head for a moment. He was small, and had dealt with bullies before due to his size. Its what made him more cocky and resilient in personality when shown with insults, because he was resistance to them. It only made getting under the larger toms fur more enjoyable, seeing as he couldnt hurt him back with his words. But physically? He could kill Tiny if he really wanted to. He knew that, but for some reason he knew the tom wouldnt. No matter how angry, killing another cat? Just not cool,dude. "Im fast for my size, but I could never pin anyone." he kept his answer short and simple, but was curious what spiked the question. "Whyre you asking?"

yummyluc
June 1st, 2017, 05:14 PM
The tom looked up from his catch, gulping down a few bites before his ears perked at the question. "Well it depends what you consider winning," he tilted his head for a moment. He was small, and had dealt with bullies before due to his size. Its what made him more cocky and resilient in personality when shown with insults, because he was resistance to them. It only made getting under the larger toms fur more enjoyable, seeing as he couldn't hurt him back with his words. But physically? He could kill Tiny if he really wanted to. He knew that, but for some reason he knew the tom wouldn't. No matter how angry, killing another cat? Just not cool,dude. "I'm fast for my size, but I could never pin anyone." he kept his answer short and simple, but was curious what spiked the question. "Why're you asking?"
Grey huffed, for how he acted, he had only expected to be impressed, but alas, he was not. He licked his teeth with a click, unsheathing his claws and examining them with a look of uninterested boredom, ".. No reason," He muttered simply, eyes narrowing before he sheathed his claws and turned swiftly, slithering through the beams to his now shared home. He could have attacked the pitiful kit right then and there, but he didn't. No, he was much more complex than that, as he was never, and would never be, a simple cat. Tiny was simple. Very simple. At least it seemed so, even for the ever observant Grey. Maybe he met his match. Hah, funny joke.

He climbed to the top of the stairs, where the debris started to collapse, and unsheathed his razor sharp claws, hopping up onto two hind legs, and digging his claws deep in the soft, rotting wood. He raked them down, creating ate deep indents in the dark oak. He wasn't trying to be impressive or intimidating, his only intention was to dull his claws from the soft wood in case he got carried away, and to vent out some of the burning anger, so he wouldn't get carried away. He may be a ruthless hunter, but the tom was no killer.

graves
June 1st, 2017, 06:37 PM
Grey huffed, for how he acted, he had only expected to be impressed, but alas, he was not. He licked his teeth with a click, unsheathing his claws and examining them with a look of uninterested boredom, ".. No reason," He muttered simply, eyes narrowing before he sheathed his claws and turned swiftly, slithering through the beams to his now shared home. He could have attacked the pitiful kit right then and there, but he didn't. No, he was much more complex than that, as he was never, and would never be, a simple cat. Tiny was simple. Very simple. At least it seemed so, even for the ever observant Grey. Maybe he met his match. Hah, funny joke.

He climbed to the top of the stairs, where the debris started to collapse, and unsheathed his razor sharp claws, hopping up onto two hind legs, and digging his claws deep in the soft, rotting wood. He raked them down, creating ate deep indents in the dark oak. He wasn't trying to be impressive or intimidating, his only intention was to dull his claws from the soft wood in case he got carried away, and to vent out some of the burning anger, so he wouldn't get carried away. He may be a ruthless hunter, but the tom was no killer.
"Okay,," his voice sounded uninterested and unthreatened at all, flicking his ear at the sound of claws raking on rotten wood. Tiny could read the tom like a book. Easily angered, sensitive to his past obviously from the mention of him being a kittypet. While he may not know everything about the other cat, he knew enough without even asking questions. Just picking and poking at what topics angered him, and piecing things together. Tiny himself didnt show what angered him, showing no offense or anger towards the half hearted insults Grey threw at him. Not giving him much to work off of. Insecurities and aggression covered by calm snarky comments. He continued to take bites from his prey, short tail sweeping across the ground of the porch.

yummyluc
June 22nd, 2017, 09:51 PM
"Okay,," his voice sounded uninterested and unthreatened at all, flicking his ear at the sound of claws raking on rotten wood. Tiny could read the tom like a book. Easily angered, sensitive to his past obviously from the mention of him being a kittypet. While he may not know everything about the other cat, he knew enough without even asking questions. Just picking and poking at what topics angered him, and piecing things together. Tiny himself didn't show what angered him, showing no offence or anger towards the half-hearted insults Grey threw at him. Not giving him much to work off of. Insecurities and aggression covered by calm snarky comments. He continued to take bites from his prey, short tail sweeping across the ground of the porch.
Grey sat at the top of the rotting steps, eyes closed, focusing on the noise around him. He didn't want to fight Tiny. Well, not really. He sort of knew how the tom cat felt. He could read it from the day they met. Tiny had something to hide, not that Grey knew what it was, but it was something. He'd been doing it for a long time. And that's the only thing Grey knew about him, other than his name. And Grey, well, he knew you could read him like a book, it wasn't hard, anyone with his level of hostility was hiding something. Insecurities, a bad past. A bad decision. Either way, Grey didn't care, because most focused on the fact that he was hostile, rather than why he was hostile. But not Tiny. Tiny was indescribably different. The way he spoke and moved, how he seemed to reek of utter disinterest. But Grey knew there was something that could make him tick, there had to be, everyone had something. And he was keen on finding it.

The blue-grey cat half opened his eyes, staring at the entrance. He wondered... what if he didn't go for aggression this time. Sure, it would confuse Tiny, with how he'd just been acting, maybe make him a bit suspicious about Grey's intention, but the more Grey thought about it, the more the idea changed. Fight him, confuse him, talk to him. Open up to hi-- No. He wouldn't dare finish that last thought. Grey inhaled deeply and sighed, irritated with himself. You trusted a cat once, and that didn't go well. You will not open up to him. He hissed, outwardly growling at his own scolding.

Grey sighed, almost sounding defeated more than annoyed, like normal. "Just.. stop acting like you have something to hide," He said allowed, more to himself than to Tiny.

[what a twist ;;0]

graves
June 22nd, 2017, 10:25 PM
Grey sat at the top of the rotting steps, eyes closed, focusing on the noise around him. He didn't want to fight Tiny. Well, not really. He sort of knew how the tom cat felt. He could read it from the day they met. Tiny had something to hide, not that Grey knew what it was, but it was something. He'd been doing it for a long time. And that's the only thing Grey knew about him, other than his name. And Grey, well, he knew you could read him like a book, it wasn't hard, anyone with his level of hostility was hiding something. Insecurities, a bad past. A bad decision. Either way, Grey didn't care, because most focused on the fact that he was hostile, rather than why he was hostile. But not Tiny. Tiny was indescribably different. The way he spoke and moved, how he seemed to reek of utter disinterest. But Grey knew there was something that could make him tick, there had to be, everyone had something. And he was keen on finding it.

The blue-grey cat half opened his eyes, staring at the entrance. He wondered... what if he didn't go for aggression this time. Sure, it would confuse Tiny, with how he'd just been acting, maybe make him a bit suspicious about Grey's intention, but the more Grey thought about it, the more the idea changed. Fight him, confuse him, talk to him. Open up to hi-- No. He wouldn't dare finish that last thought. Grey inhaled deeply and sighed, irritated with himself. You trusted a cat once, and that didn't go well. You will not open up to him. He hissed, outwardly growling at his own scolding.

Grey sighed, almost sounding defeated more than annoyed, like normal. "Just.. stop acting like you have something to hide," He said allowed, more to himself than to Tiny.

[what a twist ;;0]
His ears twitched as his head whipped around to face the grey tom. "Mm not hiding anything." he replied coolly. It wasnt that he was trying to hide anything. But seeing as this tom was rather aggressive, he felt if he shared anything it would only be used against him. He was teased as a kit, and thats why he ran away. For his little body, little toes, little face. Cute this, cute that. One moment he was cute, one moment he was nothing but a runt. Tiny wasnt even his birthname, one given to him by his bullies to the point Tiny doesnt remember his real name. His name is an insult, but others say it suits him. When Gray had brushed an insult about his size his hard stance faultered for a moment, feeling, infact, Tiny. He was nothing in the twoleg place. Something to just make fun of and pick and poke at because he wasnt big enough to defend himself. In the wild, he was a fast hunter with a personality of pure disinterest. Not because he didnt care, because he infact did pretty much, but to never let his guard down. He did before, and hed never go back. He stared at him with slits and the new behavior.

yummyluc
July 2nd, 2017, 01:21 PM
[buddy,,,,,, grey's talking to himself, he hasn't even done anything yet,,,,,,,,]

Grey sighed, leaning against the rotting wood at the top of the ruined steps. He looked around. Dark, dank, miserable. Hey, it matched him. For now. He thought of Tiny. Cat like that probably gets bullied a lot, after all, he could tell he was full-grown, but he was so small he thought he'd been a lost kit at first. Grey mentally slapped himself in the face.

Grey wasn't a bad cat, but he certainly wasn't a good one either. He was in the middle, neutral. He was only hostile because it was his way of life, a way to survive. Never let them see you weak, and they'll start thinking you don't have a weakness. The whole tough tom thing was his schtick, there wasn't anything more to it. Even if he tried to be nicer, there was no way it'd come off that way. So he just kept it the way it was.

He made his way down the steps, looking at the beam at the entrance. No. He turned and fled through the back door, through a small room, and out a small plastic entry way that swung when he went through it. He was out in front of the old nest, now. There was just so much debris and tall grass, it looked like the back yard. He breathed deeply, the scent of old oak and sharp ivy taking him home. This was his home, he'd already been there longer than expected. It was his. Not a lot of things were, so when Tiny showed up, of course, he wanted him gone. But he'd gotten soft, being away from others so long. So Grey let the brat stay.

graves
July 22nd, 2017, 07:02 PM
[buddy,,,,,, grey's talking to himself, he hasn't even done anything yet,,,,,,,,]

Grey sighed, leaning against the rotting wood at the top of the ruined steps. He looked around. Dark, dank, miserable. Hey, it matched him. For now. He thought of Tiny. Cat like that probably gets bullied a lot, after all, he could tell he was full-grown, but he was so small he thought he'd been a lost kit at first. Grey mentally slapped himself in the face.

Grey wasn't a bad cat, but he certainly wasn't a good one either. He was in the middle, neutral. He was only hostile because it was his way of life, a way to survive. Never let them see you weak, and they'll start thinking you don't have a weakness. The whole tough tom thing was his schtick, there wasn't anything more to it. Even if he tried to be nicer, there was no way it'd come off that way. So he just kept it the way it was.

He made his way down the steps, looking at the beam at the entrance. No. He turned and fled through the back door, through a small room, and out a small plastic entry way that swung when he went through it. He was out in front of the old nest, now. There was just so much debris and tall grass, it looked like the back yard. He breathed deeply, the scent of old oak and sharp ivy taking him home. This was his home, he'd already been there longer than expected. It was his. Not a lot of things were, so when Tiny showed up, of course, he wanted him gone. But he'd gotten soft, being away from others so long. So Grey let the brat stay.
His ears twitch as he heard pacing footsteps of Grey around the two leg den. He shrugged it off, continuing to sit on the porch. Green hues gazed over the trees. He had been out here for awhile now, wandering and wandering till his paws ached. He often would sleep under bushes or in twoleg gardens at night but he would never wander inside. He never wanted to be a kittypet again. Mainly because when around other cats it was so simple to point out his size no matter how uncomfortable he would tell them he was. When alone, no one could hurt you. No one could talk to you, and you didnt have to face anything. But Tiny had been wandering for some time and was growing tired of it. Tired of wandering. It had been so long since he even spoke to someone the presence of grey still made him jump internally. Grey. He was something, and that something was aggressive. But Tiny didnt really care, hed push past the hostility easily. It didnt work on him. He was good at reading cats too, aggressive meant obviously he was sensitive about something. What that something was Tiny didnt know, but he didnt really care either. If Grey wanted to tell him anything (which he doubted, he was only now starting to tolerate Tinys presence) he would open up his self. But in the meantime Tinys was of getting to know him was to push his buttons, see what got what reaction and building off of that. This would be interesting.

yummyluc
July 22nd, 2017, 07:19 PM
His ears twitch as he heard pacing footsteps of Grey around the two leg den. He shrugged it off, continuing to sit on the porch. Green hues gazed over the trees. He had been out here for awhile now, wandering and wandering till his paws ached. He often would sleep under bushes or in twoleg gardens at night but he would never wander inside. He never wanted to be a kittypet again. Mainly because when around other cats it was so simple to point out his size no matter how uncomfortable he would tell them he was. When alone, no one could hurt you. No one could talk to you, and you didnt have to face anything. But Tiny had been wandering for some time and was growing tired of it. Tired of wandering. It had been so long since he even spoke to someone the presence of grey still made him jump internally. Grey. He was something, and that something was aggressive. But Tiny didnt really care, hed push past the hostility easily. It didnt work on him. He was good at reading cats too, aggressive meant obviously he was sensitive about something. What that something was Tiny didnt know, but he didnt really care either. If Grey wanted to tell him anything (which he doubted, he was only now starting to tolerate Tinys presence) he would open up his self. But in the meantime Tinys was of getting to know him was to push his buttons, see what got what reaction and building off of that. This would be interesting.
Grey rarely stepped out of the nest, mostly because all he'd ever needed had been there, always. He stepped warily onto the untouched grass, rough and wild beneath his paws. He had to think, and with Tiny here, this was the place to do it. He'd most likely keep his distance from Grey, taken from how he'd treated him. grey even felt guilty about that, Tiny probably had it as rough as he did, especially out here. He knew how hard it could be. When the tom had first come here, Grey had seen how tired and worn out he was, so even if he'd wanted to shove him out, he couldn't have. Even if he tried. He took a deep breath, wandering deeper into the debris. The smell of fresh pine and sharp mint, rotting wood and rain water. That's what his pelt smelled like now. This was his home. How much longer was Tiny planning on staying there? If Grey was honest with himself, which he really wasn't, he was hoping Tiny wouldn't leave. Sort of the only company he has out here. He'd started to lose his mind before he showed up.

A low growl snapped him out of his thoughts. Suddenly he was alert, fur puffing out, a growl rumbling in his chest, eyes narrowed and scanning the trees around him. There. Bright eyes stared out at him, the shadow of the forest hiding most of the other animal, only able to see the faint outline of its face. He hissed at it, and it hissed back. He took a few wary steps towards it, barely getting his last one in before it leapt out and attacked him with a furious howl, which he graciously responded to with a screech of his own.

graves
July 22nd, 2017, 07:37 PM
Grey rarely stepped out of the nest, mostly because all he'd ever needed had been there, always. He stepped warily onto the untouched grass, rough and wild beneath his paws. He had to think, and with Tiny here, this was the place to do it. He'd most likely keep his distance from Grey, taken from how he'd treated him. grey even felt guilty about that, Tiny probably had it as rough as he did, especially out here. He knew how hard it could be. When the tom had first come here, Grey had seen how tired and worn out he was, so even if he'd wanted to shove him out, he couldn't have. Even if he tried. He took a deep breath, wandering deeper into the debris. The smell of fresh pine and sharp mint, rotting wood and rain water. That's what his pelt smelled like now. This was his home. How much longer was Tiny planning on staying there? If Grey was honest with himself, which he really wasn't, he was hoping Tiny wouldn't leave. Sort of the only company he has out here. He'd started to lose his mind before he showed up.

A low growl snapped him out of his thoughts. Suddenly he was alert, fur puffing out, a growl rumbling in his chest, eyes narrowed and scanning the trees around him. There. Bright eyes stared out at him, the shadow of the forest hiding most of the other animal, only able to see the faint outline of its face. He hissed at it, and it hissed back. He took a few wary steps towards it, barely getting his last one in before it leapt out and attacked him with a furious howl, which he graciously responded to with a screech of his own.
Tiny simply sat in thought. Curling his paws under him and continuing to stare out into the wilderness. It would probably be not that long till he wandered more. Either that or Grey would kick him out by then. But for now, hed stay and settle like he wanted. Maybe things would work out. Though he was shaken out of his daze when he heard a yowl and agressive screeching from the back yard. Standing up and pacing through the house, he jumped over debris and slipped outside of the thin plastic layer that covered the cat sized door and made his way outside once more. He couldnt see anything for a moment and all he could hear was the noises but he caught sight of Grey and some...other cat. They smelled unfamiliar and obviously Grey and them were battling it out. Tiny and Grey may not be on the same page at the moment and as much and Tiny would like to deny it he held some bit of loyalty to him. Despite his size he didnt hesitate to run towards the sound, curling his lip and claws extended. He wasnt the best at fighting but hed try. Making sure to fluff out his fur to look twice his size, just to reassure himself.

yummyluc
July 22nd, 2017, 08:23 PM
Tiny simply sat in thought. Curling his paws under him and continuing to stare out into the wilderness. It would probably be not that long till he wandered more. Either that or Grey would kick him out by then. But for now, hed stay and settle like he wanted. Maybe things would work out. Though he was shaken out of his daze when he heard a yowl and agressive screeching from the back yard. Standing up and pacing through the house, he jumped over debris and slipped outside of the thin plastic layer that covered the cat sized door and made his way outside once more. He couldnt see anything for a moment and all he could hear was the noises but he caught sight of Grey and some...other cat. They smelled unfamiliar and obviously Grey and them were battling it out. Tiny and Grey may not be on the same page at the moment and as much and Tiny would like to deny it he held some bit of loyalty to him. Despite his size he didnt hesitate to run towards the sound, curling his lip and claws extended. He wasnt the best at fighting but hed try. Making sure to fluff out his fur to look twice his size, just to reassure himself.
The whole fight was hard to make out, a flash of blue-grey and calico tumbling through the grass, fur flying, claws and teeth flashing. A whole bundle of screeching and light and dark fur.

Grey raked his claws down the mystery cat's side, leaving lines of red, burying his teeth into their shoulder. He rolled around for a while, their claws dragging across his face to his nose. They pinned him and went for his neck, only to have him duck and take a chunk out of his ear. He launched the other cat off into the debris with his back legs, not before they dug their claws into his chest, the momentum of Grey's shove causing them to leave deep red marks across his chest. He huffed, scrambling to his paws and baring his teeth, stained with blood. The lump of white lay still for a moment, a loud groan emitting from it as it stood shakily, spitting out a mouthful of fur and blood that wasn't theirs.

With a loud his, Grey demanded an answer, "Who are you?" He spat, not noticing Tiny.

graves
July 22nd, 2017, 08:50 PM
The whole fight was hard to make out, a flash of blue-grey and calico tumbling through the grass, fur flying, claws and teeth flashing. A whole bundle of screeching and light and dark fur.

Grey raked his claws down the mystery cat's side, leaving lines of red, burying his teeth into their shoulder. He rolled around for a while, their claws dragging across his face to his nose. They pinned him and went for his neck, only to have him duck and take a chunk out of his ear. He launched the other cat off into the debris with his back legs, not before they dug their claws into his chest, the momentum of Grey's shove causing them to leave deep red marks across his chest. He huffed, scrambling to his paws and baring his teeth, stained with blood. The lump of white lay still for a moment, a loud groan emitting from it as it stood shakily, spitting out a mouthful of fur and blood that wasn't theirs.

With a loud his, Grey demanded an answer, "Who are you?" He spat, not noticing Tiny.
"A trespasser." Tiny replied, trotting up behind Grey. The fight had been so quick and fast that Tiny didnt get involved, which maybe was a good thing. Slitted eyes looked towards the molly. One moment it was peace and quiet and the next a full on fight? Grey was aggressive and all, but never to start a physical fight with not one word being spoken or no reason. He was still on the edge with what she was going to do but it seemed she couldnt do much with how poorly she stood up. She stayed silent and awaited her answer to Greys question.

yummyluc
July 22nd, 2017, 09:17 PM
"A trespasser." Tiny replied, trotting up behind Grey. The fight had been so quick and fast that Tiny didnt get involved, which maybe was a good thing. Slitted eyes looked towards the molly. One moment it was peace and quiet and the next a full on fight? Grey was aggressive and all, but never to start a physical fight with not one word being spoken or no reason. He was still on the edge with what she was going to do but it seemed she couldnt do much with how poorly she stood up. She stayed silent and awaited her answer to Greys question.
The voice nearly made Grey jump, but he kept his ground, lashing his tail and taking a defensive stance. The mystery cat didn't answer yet, it looked like she was still trying to get herself together after the fall she took. From the way she'd fought, she couldn't be that hurt, could she? But now, seeing the way she moved, the way she was still trying to recover, she seemed much older. Grey still held his ground. He didn't care how old this molly was, she attacked him first.

Eventually, she did turn, coughing up more grey fur she'd ripped out of the tom, licking the blood from her paw. She was out of breath and shaky, letting out a few good coughs before straightening herself and starting to walk.

"To be fair, this was my place first. I was just coming back to it," She growled with a grin.

graves
July 22nd, 2017, 09:56 PM
The voice nearly made Grey jump, but he kept his ground, lashing his tail and taking a defensive stance. The mystery cat didn't answer yet, it looked like she was still trying to get herself together after the fall she took. From the way she'd fought, she couldn't be that hurt, could she? But now, seeing the way she moved, the way she was still trying to recover, she seemed much older. Grey still held his ground. He didn't care how old this molly was, she attacked him first.

Eventually, she did turn, coughing up more grey fur she'd ripped out of the tom, licking the blood from her paw. She was out of breath and shaky, letting out a few good coughs before straightening herself and starting to walk.

"To be fair, this was my place first. I was just coming back to it," She growled with a grin.
"You snooze you lose." his voice wasnt aggressive, more like matter of fact. He was not simply going to be kicked out of the first stable home he had found in months, simply because some molly told him to. Though it was hard to get him seriously mad so he stayed calm and collected. "Whats your name anyway?" he was curious. He didnt know how Grey was feeling since he just got a good chunk of fur ripped from him so Tiny decided to be the good cop here.

yummyluc
July 22nd, 2017, 10:34 PM
"You snooze you lose." his voice wasnt aggressive, more like matter of fact. He was not simply going to be kicked out of the first stable home he had found in months, simply because some molly told him to. Though it was hard to get him seriously mad so he stayed calm and collected. "Whats your name anyway?" he was curious. He didnt know how Grey was feeling since he just got a good chunk of fur ripped from him so Tiny decided to be the good cop here.
The old molly finally climbed out of the debris, coming out into the more clear spot of the front yard. Her eyes were faded, some of her fur beginning to grey. She was obviously old, and a very skilled fighter, something Grey hadn't expected. She got wary at the smaller cat's much calmer, collected demeanour. She didn't trust them any more than they trusted her, but she really needed this place. She needed it. So she'd play nice, for now.

"Keiko," She said plainly, licking a paw and rubbing it over the light scratch on her jaw where the grey one had managed to catch her, "And I saw a hostile cat, so I attacked first. Why wait to get the first blow?" She explained, looking to Grey.

Grey couldn't argue, he would have done the same thing. She must have been desperate, she was much older, and it showed. Grey is younger and stronger, if he'd continued the fight, she might be dead right now.

Against her pride, Keiko, explained herself some more, "I'm old. I need a place to stay. Walking by here again, I expected it to be empty."

graves
July 22nd, 2017, 10:51 PM
The old molly finally climbed out of the debris, coming out into the more clear spot of the front yard. Her eyes were faded, some of her fur beginning to grey. She was obviously old, and a very skilled fighter, something Grey hadn't expected. She got wary at the smaller cat's much calmer, collected demeanour. She didn't trust them any more than they trusted her, but she really needed this place. She needed it. So she'd play nice, for now.

"Keiko," She said plainly, licking a paw and rubbing it over the light scratch on her jaw where the grey one had managed to catch her, "And I saw a hostile cat, so I attacked first. Why wait to get the first blow?" She explained, looking to Grey.

Grey couldn't argue, he would have done the same thing. She must have been desperate, she was much older, and it showed. Grey is younger and stronger, if he'd continued the fight, she might be dead right now.

Against her pride, Keiko, explained herself some more, "I'm old. I need a place to stay. Walking by here again, I expected it to be empty."
His eyes narrowed. "Ive been traveling for seasons. I need a place to stay." his choice of words mocked hers. He didnt trust her one bit and he had good reason to. He sat down and letting his fur lie flat. He didnt care if looked smaller, that wasnt something on his mind right now. "How about we share the place. We obviously all need it." he wasnt one for fights so he would bargain instead. If she did stay he would obviously keep a close eye on her. But he was sure if she did anything Grey would bite her tail before he could. Though it wasnt really his place to make that desision. It was grey who was here first after all. He turned his head to the tom.

yummyluc
July 22nd, 2017, 11:16 PM
His eyes narrowed. "Ive been traveling for seasons. I need a place to stay." his choice of words mocked hers. He didnt trust her one bit and he had good reason to. He sat down and letting his fur lie flat. He didnt care if looked smaller, that wasnt something on his mind right now. "How about we share the place. We obviously all need it." he wasnt one for fights so he would bargain instead. If she did stay he would obviously keep a close eye on her. But he was sure if she did anything Grey would bite her tail before he could. Though it wasnt really his place to make that desision. It was grey who was here first after all. He turned his head to the tom.
The calico molly scoffed, walking with a limp to the front door without batting an eye, "It's more like me taking back this place and letting you kits stay as a bonus," She laughed, slinking up into the front porch, looking back over her shoulder, "I'm old, let a gal rest."

Grey bristled at the abrasiveness of the she-cat, though it was usually something he could admire, he whipped around, eyes narrowed. He was ready to screech and howl until he chased the old molly off, but stopped himself, remembering what he'd told himself on the stairs. She obviously had a mind of her own and wasn't letting anyone tell her otherwise. It would be useless to argue or bargain. He side-eyed Tiny but huffed. He didn't have anything to prove. He just nodded for him to follow himself and the she-cat back inside.

graves
July 22nd, 2017, 11:51 PM
The calico molly scoffed, walking with a limp to the front door without batting an eye, "It's more like me taking back this place and letting you kits stay as a bonus," She laughed, slinking up into the front porch, looking back over her shoulder, "I'm old, let a gal rest."

Grey bristled at the abrasiveness of the she-cat, though it was usually something he could admire, he whipped around, eyes narrowed. He was ready to screech and howl until he chased the old molly off, but stopped himself, remembering what he'd told himself on the stairs. She obviously had a mind of her own and wasn't letting anyone tell her otherwise. It would be useless to argue or bargain. He side-eyed Tiny but huffed. He didn't have anything to prove. He just nodded for him to follow himself and the she-cat back inside.
Tiny was kind of shocked for Grey to not say one harsh word to the molly. Perhaps he read him wrong. He let the aggression wash away as he padded after Grey. there was no real point to arguing or fighting when it could be avoided. There were no twolegs to care for their injuries, anf frankly Tiny didnt feel like using his claws anytime soon. She seemed stubborn and trying to get her to leave would be like talking to a brick wall. Seemed like this nest was a magnet to cats.

yummyluc
August 20th, 2017, 01:45 PM
Tiny was kind of shocked for Grey to not say one harsh word to the molly. Perhaps he read him wrong. He let the aggression wash away as he padded after Grey. there was no real point to arguing or fighting when it could be avoided. There were no twolegs to care for their injuries, anf frankly Tiny didnt feel like using his claws anytime soon. She seemed stubborn and trying to get her to leave would be like talking to a brick wall. Seemed like this nest was a magnet to cats.
Keiko made herself comfortable on the stairs inside, fitting perfectly in a familiar dip in the wood, though it was much bigger than her thin frame. She glanced at the trails of red in her sides and the trickling bite mark that stained her shoulder and tsked, for a younger one he wasn't too bad a fighter. She gave Grey a side glance as he entered after her, flashing a smirk before chuckling and bending to lick her wounds clean. They weren't deep, they would heal in no time. She couldn't say the same for the tom she'd scuffled with. She'd dug her claws in deep, and hadn't meant to cut so harshly, but the shove had been unexpected.

Grey didn't spare her the satisfaction of a scowl, just bent to lick his wounds, wincing as they stung. They were much deeper than he'd initially thought and bleeding heavily, the irony tang of blood glueing itself to his tongue and making him grimace. There were thin droplets of crimson rolling down his face from where the molly had scratched him, and even a little trickle coming from the chunk she'd taken out of his ear, still hanging on by a thread. He was steadily growing weaker and his vision grew dizzy.