PDA

View Full Version : Livestreamers Wanted

Fawn
May 14th, 2017, 11:16 PM
Hey folks!

In preparation for a successful WCOn, the next step is searching for members who are willing to host livestreams for other members to enjoy! If you're interested in becoming an official WCOn streamer, please peruse the information in this thread prior to submitting an application.

The link to the application is below. To the best of your ability, answer each question honestly and as accurately as possible, especially when it comes to indicating your available times. Note that all times listed on the application are in Eastern. If your availability changes after you submit the application, private message a staff member as soon as possible to ensure you're scheduled into an appropriate timeslot!

The last page of the livestreaming application requires you to voice your preference on being a backup. A backup is not the livestreamer for that hour, but is available in the case that the livestreamer cannot make it.

The following question asks how many overall hours you would like to be scheduled as a livestreamer. This does not include the hours you will be a backup (if you'd like to be one at all.) Backups are scheduled as needed, however if you'd only like to commit to a certain amount of timeslots, let us know in the application.

For clarification, using voice chat is not necessary but is optional.

With that said, start the process of securing a place as a WCOn livestreamer by filling out this short and easy application (https://goo.gl/forms/i14DJtRllcgU9r8y1)!

Livestreamers will have early access to WCOn to allow sufficient time for scheduling and checking in, and these users will receive a temporary rainbow username to indicate their status as an official WCOn livestreamer.

Further questions should be redirected to a staff member. If you're not looking to be a WCOn streamer, consider supporting them by watching the livestreams they work very hard to present - thanks! :)

Ludicrous Lunacy
May 14th, 2017, 11:33 PM
*v much clapping*

Dust
May 15th, 2017, 01:13 AM
Would we be able to stream more than one time during the WCOn? o;

Fawn
May 15th, 2017, 01:22 AM
Would we be able to stream more than one time during the WCOn? o;
If you want! The application should allow you to specify how many hours you'd like to be scheduled.

Dust
May 15th, 2017, 01:34 AM
If you want! The application should allow you to specify how many hours you'd like to be scheduled.

Awesome, Thank you!

BlueGenie(aka Blueflight)
May 15th, 2017, 01:36 AM
THIS WILL BE MY FIRST TIME LIVESTREAMING!! If I get accepted of course!)

dino.
May 15th, 2017, 06:18 AM
Are you able to use a phone to livestream? My computer isn't the right version, so it can't record

Ludicrous Lunacy
May 15th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Question, would a writing workshop type thing be classified as writing?

Fawn
May 15th, 2017, 01:02 PM
Are you able to use a phone to livestream? My computer isn't the right version, so it can't record
Probably not, sorry. Have you considered all the options and done a bit of research? I'm not sure what you mean by your computer not being the right version, but there could still be live streaming choices that work for you.

Question, would a writing workshop type thing be classified as writing?
Could you PM me details on what that'd entail?

dino.
May 15th, 2017, 01:07 PM
Probably not, sorry. Have you considered all the options and done a bit of research? I'm not sure what you mean by your computer not being the right version, but there could still be live streaming choices that work for you.

Could you PM me details on what that'd entail?
Dang it... that stinks. And either my computer is too old or it doesn't have the right equipment

BEAR.
May 15th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Dang it... that stinks. And either my computer is too old or it doesn't have the right equipment

Have you attempted to screen share in the past? You may want to attempt a join.me session to see if your device can support that. I don't believe it requires an actual recording device and it should be less strenuous on your computer than another streaming site.

dino.
May 15th, 2017, 01:40 PM
Have you attempted to screen share in the past? You may want to attempt a join.me session to see if your device can support that. I don't believe it requires an actual recording device and it should be less strenuous on your computer than another streaming site.
What's a screen share?

BEAR.
May 15th, 2017, 01:48 PM
What's a screen share?

It's where you can show viewers what's on your computer screen.

Dust
May 15th, 2017, 01:59 PM
What's a screen share?

To build off of what Luna and Ray are saying, unless your computer is running a Windows Vista Operating system or older(even then I think Vista can stream? but very few things), you should be able to stream! ^^ If you have a laptop that will be a bit more intensive on it, especially if you're planning to do games; however, the streaming service, Twitch, offers multiple free to use streaming software, such as OBS (Which I prefer).

dino.
May 15th, 2017, 02:02 PM
It's where you can show viewers what's on your computer screen.
But I don't have a computer that'll work...

To build off of what Luna and Ray are saying, unless your computer is running a Windows Vista Operating system or older(even then I think Vista can stream? but very few things), you should be able to stream! ^^ If you have a laptop that will be a bit more intensive on it, especially if you're planning to do games; however, the streaming service, Twitch, offers multiple free to use streaming software, such as OBS (Which I prefer).
Oh. Huh. Alright, then, I'll try that. Thanks!

Phoenix Flames
May 15th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Quick question, how do you livestream with join.me? I've used the screen sharing part on join.me back in February when one of my friends had Skyped me, but I've never seen a livestreaming option on join.me. By the way, I have the free version of join.me and not join.me PRO only because, well, I can't buy things on my computer without my parents' permission and they might not let me buy join.me PRO, unless I explain to them why I need to buy join.me PRO.

Ludicrous Lunacy
May 15th, 2017, 04:36 PM
Quick question, how do you livestream with join.me? I've used the screen sharing part on join.me back in February when one of my friends had Skyped me, but I've never seen a livestreaming option on join.me. By the way, I have the free version of join.me and not join.me PRO only because, well, I can't buy things on my computer without my parents' permission and they might not let me buy join.me PRO, unless I explain to them why I need to buy join.me PRO.
Screen sharing is livestream hon

Phoenix Flames
May 15th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Screen sharing is livestream hon
Oh. It is?

Ludicrous Lunacy
May 15th, 2017, 04:41 PM
Oh. It is?
Mhm

Bramble
May 16th, 2017, 01:36 AM
First time applying! Ahhh!! Good luck to everyone else!

Momotaro
May 16th, 2017, 02:05 AM
Im gonna apply when I get home, probably art streaming.

FOXXRR
May 17th, 2017, 11:21 AM
When is WCOn going to happen and what do you stream about?

BEAR.
May 17th, 2017, 12:09 PM
When is WCOn going to happen and what do you stream about?

June 1st - June 7th, 2017.

You can stream a variety of things -- art, writing, and games are common, but if you can think of something else (within the site guidelines!), the application offers an 'Other' option you can fill out.

. beachtide .
May 18th, 2017, 11:26 AM
I would join, but I won't be able to use my computer over summer, because it belongs to the school, so all I would be able to use is my phone. That's a bit upsetting to me...

Wildy~ =3
May 18th, 2017, 11:34 AM
I'm going to actually learn how to stream things without blowing my comp up XD
Also cause I don't want to be that person who has no idea whatsoever on how to do this XD

Phoenix Flames
May 18th, 2017, 01:27 PM
I'm going to actually learn how to stream things without blowing my comp up XD
Also cause I don't want to be that person who has no idea whatsoever on how to do this XD
Hey, Brambleflight, a way to not lag your computer is to use join.me. It helps with live streams and doesn't mess up computers. And join.me doesn't lag or slow your computer down. It's really useful if you want to live stream with a non-lagging live streaming software.

Teza
May 18th, 2017, 08:44 PM
When does this close? I should be getting my laptop back Saturday so I can livestream then but otherwise i won't even apply.

Fawn
May 18th, 2017, 09:49 PM
When does this close? I should be getting my laptop back Saturday so I can livestream then but otherwise i won't even apply.
The livestream dates are June 1st - June 7th. The application will probably close around May 28th.

InfernoFlicker
May 24th, 2017, 10:19 AM
((QUICK QUESTION:

Am I able to somehow see the dates that I applied for? I wanna make sure I didn't overlap anything and I can't remember what days I put hhhh--))

Fawn
May 24th, 2017, 06:53 PM
((QUICK QUESTION:

Am I able to somehow see the dates that I applied for? I wanna make sure I didn't overlap anything and I can't remember what days I put hhhh--))
Sure, send me a private message (so I don't forget) and I'll forward those to you.

rubinaito
May 24th, 2017, 11:42 PM
I considered livestreaming for Kahoots, but when I downloaded the software offered by Twitch it didn't show up on my computer at all... Ah well, probably for the best. I probably would be having too much fun participating to actually do something.

Fawn
May 25th, 2017, 01:07 AM
I considered livestreaming for Kahoots, but when I downloaded the software offered by Twitch it didn't show up on my computer at all... Ah well, probably for the best. I probably would be having too much fun participating to actually do something.
There are more softwares than just one!

http://carlcheo.com/best-live-streaming-software-for-twitch

Fawn
May 27th, 2017, 07:07 PM
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

We're currently working to have the early access version of WCOn available to livestreamers for check in purposes within twenty-four hours. The WCOn activities won't be available for posting in, but special threads for streamers with information on streaming and scheduling will be up, and your rainbow usernames will be implemented at this time as well.
Note: It's possible we won't make this deadline, but we'll try very hard to make it happen!

For anyone who has not completed the application but wishes to be a streamer: Fill out the form ASAP! You have until 5/28/17 @ 8 PM Eastern to secure a place as a WCOn livestreamer.

If you are interested but don't know how to stream, our recommendation is to use Join.me (https://www.join.me/) - a free screensharing software.