PDA

View Full Version : Confused

Ludicrous Lunacy
May 8th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Usually I don't make threads here, but I've encountered something where, despite being fully logged on, I click the news and the website makes it appear as if I'm not logged in. This is an issue mainly on my iPod and the school chromebooks, but not my Toshiba laptop.

Help?

Momotaro
May 9th, 2017, 06:44 AM
Usually I don't make threads here, but I've encountered something where, despite being fully logged on, I click the news and the website makes it appear as if I'm not logged in. This is an issue mainly on my iPod and the school chromebooks, but not my Toshiba laptop.

Help?
It happens when your on windows, links randomly log you off, its annoying.

Ludicrous Lunacy
May 9th, 2017, 08:32 AM
It happens when your on windows, links randomly log you off, its annoying.
Alright so it isn't just me, that's a relief. Thanks!!

BEAR.
May 9th, 2017, 09:41 AM
Is it just the News page? If you haven't already, you might need to select 'Remember me' on your devices when you log in.

Fawn
May 9th, 2017, 11:53 AM
If Lunacross' solution doesn't fix the issue, it's more than likely a caching problem. I don't know why it wouldn't happen on specific devices or why your operating system could be a factor (because it doesn't seem to happen on my Macs), but the best bet is to try clearing your browser cache.

I'm not ruling out the possibility it's server-side. The good news is the webpages that "log [you] out" are just ..an image, basically. As you may have already noticed, you're not actually logged out, it simply appears to because our webhost took a "screenshot" of the page to speed up loading times, and so that's what it gives you. If you click away using your profile link or the Forums link, it'd return to normal.