PDA

View Full Version : can someone help

Shorttail
October 30th, 2016, 09:10 PM
i cant rp well but i wanna learn and i need help *dies*

:princess:

mapledash
October 30th, 2016, 11:16 PM
I could help further using private messages, or if you want to keep using this thread it would be fine too. First things first, you have to know how to tell what you're doing and saying. Use " " for talking and don't forget to type in third person if you are narrating your character. People like to read posts that are in the same style of words as the books contains, so try doing some mimic of those few sweet word combinations.

Then you just need to know how to build up your story and not just blurt out everything that you are doing. For instance, use as much narration as possible, ponctuation (very important please) and add some quotes from time to time. If you only write down word by word what your character says, it may get redondant. You could use a somewhat vague narration of what your character is saying. Of course, it's sometimes better to say the entire conversation on the post, but it has to be a very informative sentence, or a plot twist or something. A big line that throws the story overboard. In any case, you can do it any way you want, as long as it's ponctuated and understandable to read. Try making it about 3 or 4 lines minimum. Narrating very little details helps filling up lines, trust me. ;)

Example: "SpottedTail walked up to his friend and sat down, awkwardly staring at the ground. He sighted and tried to explain to him that loving a cat in an other clan was against the warrior code, and that he could get in a lot of trouble for it. Shuffling his paws, he looked up at him and confronted his gaze of hate. "I'm doing this for your own good, mapledash."

Like I said in the first place, if you want more details and examples, feel free to PM me ;) Have a nice time!