PDA

View Full Version : Site Announcement

BEAR.
April 17th, 2017, 06:58 PM
Hey guys!

We have a few things to cover in this announcement, so please read the thread carefully.

Poll

There's a nifty feature that allows users to close/open their own threads for posting in certain areas, and we wanted to know if you guys would be interested in using it.

This is perfect for those users who don't want others commenting in their character threads, or perhaps you've gotten all the roles for your plot / finder and want to close the thread to further messages.

In any case, let us know what you'd like above!

Rules + Rewrite

Hi all!

I, Raywood, am hijacking Lunacross' post to add some information about the impending rewrite of the Guidelines. At the moment, we are not sure what all is going to be included in the rewrite, but it will definitely affect the Site and Chat Box Guidelines -- the Roleplay Guidelines' involvement is undecided considering it was polished relatively recently.

Most of the fixes will be organizational and in wording, since we recognize there may be aspects that are unclear, and our goal is to define "gray area" / vague rules. The finalized version is set to include more details on each part to assist our users in understanding WCO's policies.

Since we're a community-driven project at heart and do care what our members have to say about the rules, we're asking for some help in this process.

You can lend us a paw by sending your suggestions to rewrite@warriorcatsonline.com -- make sure to either send it from the email attached to your WCO account, and/or include your WCO Username in the message so we can contact you if needed.

Remember that we are not looking for reasons why a rule should be added, removed, etc, but instead how to build upon and strengthen the clarity of our current Guidelines to give our member base a better idea of how to stay within them.

Changes aren't guaranteed to show up in the final draft, but we look forward to hearing your feedback!

Domain Name

And moving on to the last announcement of this post, WCO's domain name is set to expire on April 19th, 2017.

What's a domain name? A domain name is basically the way the Internet can identify different websites. For example, our domain name is "warriorcatsonline.com" and like many things in life, renewing a domain name costs money.

So that means we're opening donations for an extremely limited time: twenty-four hours, giving those who have previously expressed interest in donating a chance to do so, and perhaps anyone else who wants to pitch in. Prices are listed in USD, but we can cater to other currencies upon request.
*If applicable, please donate only with the consent of a parent/guardian.

You can donate by going to Edit Profile (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/usercp.php) and scrolling down until you see "Paid Subscriptions (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/payments.php)" on the sidebar to the left. If you do choose to make a monetary contribution to our cause, know that we're extremely appreciative of your generosity and to demonstrate our gratitude, we have cool donation prizes as described from the donation page.

We can work with you if you have a specific amount you would like to donate, but you will receive prizes from the next-lowest tier. (Say if you donate $15, you will get the rewards from the $5 package, not the $20 one.)

Profits from donations will go directly to paying for the domain name renewal. In the situation we manage to raise more than $39.90, which will cover domain costs for two years, excess funds will be saved to pay for the site's web hosting expenses.

That concludes this site announcement! As always, if you have questions, comments, concerns, feel free to privately message an active staff member.

Have a lovely day! <3

dino.
April 18th, 2017, 06:46 AM
Shoot, I wish I could... I don't have a PayPal account though :sob:

monfang
April 18th, 2017, 06:50 AM
i need a job, dang.

vellichor
April 18th, 2017, 07:16 AM
I would, but 1) I have no PayPal account and 2) I have no money ._.

ameko
April 18th, 2017, 07:46 AM
we're in a tight spot with money right now, but we are currently looking to see if we can spare some!!

Fallpotato
April 18th, 2017, 07:53 AM
I want to. But I don't have a credit card ;-;

Piketooth
April 18th, 2017, 09:20 AM
I donated last time and I will try to donate again

KKShift
April 18th, 2017, 02:22 PM
Just wondering when this drive ends, as I have some Easter money lying around and I would be more than welcome to dontate. I just need to transfer it into my Mom's PayPal.

The Cannibal
April 18th, 2017, 02:43 PM
I'm so happy I have a job now <3 Donated 20$ !

BEAR.
April 18th, 2017, 02:46 PM
Just wondering when this drive ends, as I have some Easter money lying around and I would be more than welcome to dontate. I just need to transfer it into my Mom's PayPal.

The donations end tonight @ 10:30 PM Eastern.

I'm so happy I have a job now <3 Donated 20$ !

Thank you! :heartbounce:

Ludicrous Lunacy
April 18th, 2017, 02:51 PM
waiting for my mom to come home, then I can blow my wallet on WCO...

JaxenAmethyst
April 18th, 2017, 05:51 PM
I wish I could! Believe me I really do!!! But I'm broke ;o;

Ludicrous Lunacy
April 18th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Donated 20$~

least I can do for a wonderful place like this

ameko
April 18th, 2017, 07:30 PM
unfortunately we don't even have enough money to buy gas!! so we can't spare any money :<

EDIT: If you can wait until Thursday, we will be able to donate $20!! My dad is receiving his paycheck tomorrow and we will have enough to spare for the time being.

Starfall
April 19th, 2017, 01:17 PM
;0; I really want to, but I'm in a tight spot with money ;w; I'm sorry.

Mango
April 20th, 2017, 09:46 AM
I want to; but my mom thinks this is a fraud and won't let me use her credit card.

BEAR.
April 20th, 2017, 10:35 AM
I want to; but my mom thinks this is a fraud and won't let me use her credit card.

Is there any particular reason why she thinks it's a fraud?

edit: Donations are closed anyway (they closed on the 18th), but thank you for your interest!

Mango
April 20th, 2017, 12:15 PM
Is there any particular reason why she thinks it's a fraud?

edit: Donations are closed anyway (they closed on the 18th), but thank you for your interest!
Because this site isn't insured.

BEAR.
April 21st, 2017, 04:58 PM
Hey guys,

We’re still on the lookout for rewrite suggestions! They’ll remain open but after April 23rd, we won’t be actively looking for them. (Any ones following April 23rd will be taken into consideration, but if they’re sent in after the rules are reworked, they probably won't be implemented.)

Fawn
April 21st, 2017, 09:17 PM
Domain name situation update:

To begin, we did raise enough to continue comfortably supporting the domain name and have even managed to store excess funds away to pay for hosting costs -- this will happen around October 2017, so if you did not get a chance to donate but wanted to, donations will likely open around that time.

But considering our domain name is purchased through our former hosting provider, Webs, things didn't go as smoothly as they should have. When attempting to renew the domain, Webs' "administrative systems were down" according to the representative, which made it unable to renew and caused us to miss the payment due date.

At that point, we determined it was probably a better idea to renew the domain through our new host, Bluehost, so we were instructed to send Webs Support an email to discontinue renewal. The domain name was completely cancelled, meanwhile a domain name transfer was impossible because Webs' domain information now said it had been expired for over 6 years, when the domain name was purchased in April 2014 initially.

Another email to a Webs technician later, the domain expiration date was "corrected" to April 2018 -- this is still wrong since we paid for two years of domain renewal, not one year. Right now, we're waiting on Webs to fix their error (again) and are looking into transferring the domain name to Bluehost. This process may cause spotty availability of the site. The transfer takes about 24-48 hours and although we haven't started it yet, we'll keep you all updated to the best of our ability so you know what to expect.

Thanks for your patience while we work with Webs and Bluehost to get this sorted out.

dino.
April 22nd, 2017, 05:39 AM
I hope things get worked out! and i'm sorry i couldn't donate, i don't have a PayPal account and my mom wouldn't have let me anyways :/

BEAR.
April 26th, 2017, 06:49 PM
After being forced to wait on Webs to fix the expiration date (since apparently that takes a week), the domain is now in the process of being transferred. This may result in issues with accessing the site, but that should clear up in a few days!

BEAR.
May 3rd, 2017, 12:11 PM
The domain transfer has been successfully completed (after taking a decade, since Webs dallied on releasing the domain.) Thank you guys for being patient!

Since the majority of users voted for all three categories, the closing/opening thread permission should be available in the Biographies, Roleplay Resources, and Plot Resources shortly.

Edit: The ability of closing/opening threads should be up!