PDA

View Full Version : Rex's Travels [Ask Before Enter]

monfang
March 28th, 2017, 06:27 PM
{ Noire }
The small, Sokoke tom padded around, his eyes alight with curiosity and mischief. He left SkyClan, and so young too, and he was ready to see the world. The only thing was he was going to have to teach himself how to hunt, but that was no problem at all. He was strong, courageous, brave, clever, and cunning. He could bypass any danger, and learn things quickly, and that was what he wanted. He didn't want to wait until his sixth moon, he wanted to learn now. And so, he left in search of adventure and play. For danger and excitement. To find new things and to see things no clan-er could see. He wanted to go far and wide, and learn new things. As he padded around, the sounds of birds made his stomach rumble slightly, and he looked down, before looking up again. How hard could it be? he thought. He lowered himself to the ground and began to stalk, keeping a close eye on the prey before him, but he hit a twig, and the robin flew away. He growled and made a careless lunge, and then he tumbled forward into a small path that seemed to be traveled most by other cats, and shook his head. He opened his eyes and looked around, the darkness and sounds scared him slightly, and his ears drew back until they were pinned to his head, and he looked around, his blue-kitten eyes beaming with fear and curiosity. Would someone try to eat him? he thought. He stayed there, looking around, hoping there was no true danger, not yet at least. He had an empty stomach!

Brilliance
March 28th, 2017, 10:02 PM
{ Noire }
The small, Sokoke tom padded around, his eyes alight with curiosity and mischief. He left SkyClan, and so young too, and he was ready to see the world. The only thing was he was going to have to teach himself how to hunt, but that was no problem at all. He was strong, courageous, brave, clever, and cunning. He could bypass any danger, and learn things quickly, and that was what he wanted. He didn't want to wait until his sixth moon, he wanted to learn now. And so, he left in search of adventure and play. For danger and excitement. To find new things and to see things no clan-er could see. He wanted to go far and wide, and learn new things. As he padded around, the sounds of birds made his stomach rumble slightly, and he looked down, before looking up again. How hard could it be? he thought. He lowered himself to the ground and began to stalk, keeping a close eye on the prey before him, but he hit a twig, and the robin flew away. He growled and made a careless lunge, and then he tumbled forward into a small path that seemed to be traveled most by other cats, and shook his head. He opened his eyes and looked around, the darkness and sounds scared him slightly, and his ears drew back until they were pinned to his head, and he looked around, his blue-kitten eyes beaming with fear and curiosity. Would someone try to eat him? he thought. He stayed there, looking around, hoping there was no true danger, not yet at least. He had an empty stomach!

‘’Ugh,’’ A she-cat groaned, displeased with herself. She rolled her eyes as she jumped out a bush, filled with sticky bugs on her pelt. It was unpleasant, and certainly uncomfortable. ‘’If I was at home, I would be fed caviar...not picking bugs off my pelt!’’ She sneered at herself, and blamed herself for ever wanting to leave the presence of her happy home. Yet, she never knew why as the reason she left. They weren’t mean to her. They allowed her much freedom as she desired, but she ventured out here for some odd reason...now she regretted her decision tremendously. She continued to pick at the sticky substance on her pelt, pulling them out with her teeth and throwing them elsewhere. As she finished with the disturbance, she began to groom herself lightly, taking ganders at her rough coat to make herself look presentable. Along her journey, she haven’t met many cats. Or toms. Someone she needed to see that was important. This she-cat could never fend entirely for herself, so she would need someone to travel with. Specifically a tom she could brush herself along when given the chance. Though she doubt she would ever fall in love. Loving was not her thing. She never believed she had a type.

This was most definitely because she was snobby. Snobby to an extreme, and she didn’t care what others thought. The sudden thought of her friends having their little caviar party broke her down. She wanted to scream at the world for allowing her to run off, and not stopping her. She may had appeared stupid, but she had a lot of growing up to do. She had hoped that she would be able to survive long enough to admit that she made it. It was going to be a tough road. A long one. A tough, rough one.

Darling’s ears pricked as she heard a noise, and in the distance she watched as a small tom try to catch a bird. Something she would never find herself doing, but she wondered if he’d have some experience,so she bounded up to him and watched him work. Though he didn’t catch the bird, and Darling felt her dreams crushing--once again. In her eyes, he looked a bit too young being out here on his own. She was a full grown she-cat. She was allowed to be out on her own, but he didn’t look a day past twelve moons. He was simply still a...kit.

‘’Hey, kit.’’ She called, sauntering up to him in a regal manner. Something she always did because she came from a nest with class. One that fed her daily three times, and one that expected her to walk with her head up and tail up with a little bounce in her gait. It was part of her home training, and something she took with her after leaving her home. ‘’What are you doing out here on your own? Aren’t you suppose to be cuddling with your mother?’’ Her voice was gently, and sweet like syrup. She always had that type of voice--whether for flirting or talking with a sugary accent for fun. It grown on her. Like everything else she once known.

monfang
March 29th, 2017, 07:25 AM
‘’Ugh,’’ A she-cat groaned, displeased with herself. She rolled her eyes as she jumped out a bush, filled with sticky bugs on her pelt. It was unpleasant, and certainly uncomfortable. ‘’If I was at home, I would be fed caviar...not picking bugs off my pelt!’’ She sneered at herself, and blamed herself for ever wanting to leave the presence of her happy home. Yet, she never knew why as the reason she left. They weren’t mean to her. They allowed her much freedom as she desired, but she ventured out here for some odd reason...now she regretted her decision tremendously. She continued to pick at the sticky substance on her pelt, pulling them out with her teeth and throwing them elsewhere. As she finished with the disturbance, she began to groom herself lightly, taking ganders at her rough coat to make herself look presentable. Along her journey, she haven’t met many cats. Or toms. Someone she needed to see that was important. This she-cat could never fend entirely for herself, so she would need someone to travel with. Specifically a tom she could brush herself along when given the chance. Though she doubt she would ever fall in love. Loving was not her thing. She never believed she had a type.

This was most definitely because she was snobby. Snobby to an extreme, and she didn’t care what others thought. The sudden thought of her friends having their little caviar party broke her down. She wanted to scream at the world for allowing her to run off, and not stopping her. She may had appeared stupid, but she had a lot of growing up to do. She had hoped that she would be able to survive long enough to admit that she made it. It was going to be a tough road. A long one. A tough, rough one.

Darling’s ears pricked as she heard a noise, and in the distance she watched as a small tom try to catch a bird. Something she would never find herself doing, but she wondered if he’d have some experience,so she bounded up to him and watched him work. Though he didn’t catch the bird, and Darling felt her dreams crushing--once again. In her eyes, he looked a bit too young being out here on his own. She was a full grown she-cat. She was allowed to be out on her own, but he didn’t look a day past twelve moons. He was simply still a...kit.

‘’Hey, kit.’’ She called, sauntering up to him in a regal manner. Something she always did because she came from a nest with class. One that fed her daily three times, and one that expected her to walk with her head up and tail up with a little bounce in her gait. It was part of her home training, and something she took with her after leaving her home. ‘’What are you doing out here on your own? Aren’t you suppose to be cuddling with your mother?’’ Her voice was gently, and sweet like syrup. She always had that type of voice--whether for flirting or talking with a sugary accent for fun. It grown on her. Like everything else she once known.
{hey, i got some pic refs for him: ref1 (http://purrfectcatbreeds.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/sokoke-cat2.jpg) ref2 (http://www.pictures-of-cats.org/images/sokoke-header.jpg) ref3 (http://www.pictures-of-cats.org/images/sokoke-22.jpg) ref4 (http://lh5.ggpht.com/mjbmeister/SBRgTOzwPWI/AAAAAAAAFyk/SgQ1H2Lhp0Y/s400/sokoke-cat-2.jpg) and this (http://www.catbreedselector.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Sokoke-Kitten-Images.jpg) is him right now}
The kit gasped at the sound of the molly and jumped up, running to a nearby bush. It was small, and though he was small as well, it didn't cover him fully, and his tali end stuck out. It was rather cute how he was hiding, but his kitten blue eyes stared through the bush, at the molly. She seemed nice. he thought. Maybe she could help me hunt! He poked his head out slightly, making it look like he had a bush for a body, only adding to the cuteness he held in his stance. He looked at her in silence until she asked her question. Puffing his chest boldly and proudly, he took in a breath and jump out. "I am adventuring! I left my Clan in search of Adventure, Mischief, Danger, and Exploration." he said with a bold voice, smiling, his eyes alight with bravery and happiness. "Why are you wondering out here alone?" he asked in return, curiosity seeping into the mixture of emotions his eyes held.

He was a strong looking kit, rather burly for his breed, but also slender, lean. He was a stealthy built tom indeed, and he was quick on his feet. However he was still a bit careless, obviously from his failed hunting attempt. But that would fade away in time. He was still a kit, still learning what to do and how to do it. But he was a quick learner, for he wanted to learn. He wanted to be trained and taught, he had need for it, a love for it. He didn't want to wait to be mentored. He wanted to learn now, and so he will. He is.

He smiled, which was a goofy, kitten grin that most would laugh at, a grin perfect for someone who was upset and needed a smile like his. He held that smile with pride too. He was curious of this molly. She was nice, but had some smarts to her, and looked rather well pampered than normal loners. Perhaps she knows what to do? Still a question tugged at him and he then asked, "Are you a kittypet?"

Brilliance
March 29th, 2017, 12:52 PM
{hey, i got some pic refs for him: ref1 (http://purrfectcatbreeds.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/sokoke-cat2.jpg) ref2 (http://www.pictures-of-cats.org/images/sokoke-header.jpg) ref3 (http://www.pictures-of-cats.org/images/sokoke-22.jpg) ref4 (http://lh5.ggpht.com/mjbmeister/SBRgTOzwPWI/AAAAAAAAFyk/SgQ1H2Lhp0Y/s400/sokoke-cat-2.jpg) and this (http://www.catbreedselector.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Sokoke-Kitten-Images.jpg) is him right now}
The kit gasped at the sound of the molly and jumped up, running to a nearby bush. It was small, and though he was small as well, it didn't cover him fully, and his tali end stuck out. It was rather cute how he was hiding, but his kitten blue eyes stared through the bush, at the molly. She seemed nice. he thought. Maybe she could help me hunt! He poked his head out slightly, making it look like he had a bush for a body, only adding to the cuteness he held in his stance. He looked at her in silence until she asked her question. Puffing his chest boldly and proudly, he took in a breath and jump out. "I am adventuring! I left my Clan in search of Adventure, Mischief, Danger, and Exploration." he said with a bold voice, smiling, his eyes alight with bravery and happiness. "Why are you wondering out here alone?" he asked in return, curiosity seeping into the mixture of emotions his eyes held.

He was a strong looking kit, rather burly for his breed, but also slender, lean. He was a stealthy built tom indeed, and he was quick on his feet. However he was still a bit careless, obviously from his failed hunting attempt. But that would fade away in time. He was still a kit, still learning what to do and how to do it. But he was a quick learner, for he wanted to learn. He wanted to be trained and taught, he had need for it, a love for it. He didn't want to wait to be mentored. He wanted to learn now, and so he will. He is.

He smiled, which was a goofy, kitten grin that most would laugh at, a grin perfect for someone who was upset and needed a smile like his. He held that smile with pride too. He was curious of this molly. She was nice, but had some smarts to her, and looked rather well pampered than normal loners. Perhaps she knows what to do? Still a question tugged at him and he then asked, "Are you a kittypet?"

Darling sat down gently on her haunches, fluffing out her pelt as she listened to the small kit. She felt half-alerted, and half-amused at the same time, tilting her head to the side as she listened to him. The kit was surely energetic in her eyes. It kind of irritated her, but also made her feel alright. He was definitely something new she encountered, and she wondered however did a kit make it out into this world without being dotted on or watched by at the nursery.

‘’You know running away isn’t all that fun, kit.’’ Her voice was sugary and sweet, a tone she was known by. ‘’Anything could happen to you, sweetheart. You wouldn’t want to...land in a heap of trouble, now would you?’’ She asked him, and quietly giggled at the expression he was making.

As the she-cat listened to his next words, she flickered her ears, and aimlessly began grooming her pelt to perfection. ‘’Now, young kit, why must you be so curious? I’m out here the same as you are.’’ She told him, her green hues sparkled with friendliness. The kit was a sweet thing in her opinion. A bit noisy and bold, but she was glad that she found him before anyone else could. They could had harmed him, and she...herself couldn’t even harm a bug if she wanted to. She had to rid her thoughts before she got frustrated once more. As the kit began speaking again, Darling got up, stretching full length, her thick pelt becoming downy and clinging to her sides. ‘’My history matters as little as the reason I’m roaming around here. I’m a loner.’’ One thing Darling knew was to never tell her past to other cats. She figured they would judge her, ask her how come she left the warmth, gratitude of her home just for the lazy, uninterrupted outdoors. Darling would only stare at them, stupidly because she wouldn’t know the answer herself.

‘’All those seem fun, deary, but face it; you would die before your journey even begin. You’re only a kit.’’ She says, softly, hoping to not have offended him. What she spoke was the truth, after all. What could this kit do? He couldn’t fend for himself yet, which was another reason as to why she thought he wasn’t smart as he left the comfort arms of his parents. Yet, she didn’t know what his life was like back then, so she couldn’t judge him on as to why he decided to leave. The she-cat gave him an endearing smile, ‘’My name’s Darling by the way, deary. What is yours?’’

monfang
March 29th, 2017, 02:22 PM
Darling sat down gently on her haunches, fluffing out her pelt as she listened to the small kit. She felt half-alerted, and half-amused at the same time, tilting her head to the side as she listened to him. The kit was surely energetic in her eyes. It kind of irritated her, but also made her feel alright. He was definitely something new she encountered, and she wondered however did a kit make it out into this world without being dotted on or watched by at the nursery.

‘’You know running away isn’t all that fun, kit.’’ Her voice was sugary and sweet, a tone she was known by. ‘’Anything could happen to you, sweetheart. You wouldn’t want to...land in a heap of trouble, now would you?’’ She asked him, and quietly giggled at the expression he was making.

As the she-cat listened to his next words, she flickered her ears, and aimlessly began grooming her pelt to perfection. ‘’Now, young kit, why must you be so curious? I’m out here the same as you are.’’ She told him, her green hues sparkled with friendliness. The kit was a sweet thing in her opinion. A bit noisy and bold, but she was glad that she found him before anyone else could. They could had harmed him, and she...herself couldn’t even harm a bug if she wanted to. She had to rid her thoughts before she got frustrated once more. As the kit began speaking again, Darling got up, stretching full length, her thick pelt becoming downy and clinging to her sides. ‘’My history matters as little as the reason I’m roaming around here. I’m a loner.’’ One thing Darling knew was to never tell her past to other cats. She figured they would judge her, ask her how come she left the warmth, gratitude of her home just for the lazy, uninterrupted outdoors. Darling would only stare at them, stupidly because she wouldn’t know the answer herself.

‘’All those seem fun, deary, but face it; you would die before your journey even begin. You’re only a kit.’’ She says, softly, hoping to not have offended him. What she spoke was the truth, after all. What could this kit do? He couldn’t fend for himself yet, which was another reason as to why she thought he wasn’t smart as he left the comfort arms of his parents. Yet, she didn’t know what his life was like back then, so she couldn’t judge him on as to why he decided to leave. The she-cat gave him an endearing smile, ‘’My name’s Darling by the way, deary. What is yours?’’
"I ain't afraid of nothin'!" he meowed proudly, a cute, determined, angered-looking kitten look on his face. His blue eyes flashed proudly at his statement, and he then rose his head high, and padded off. "I can hunt and fight and be tough!" he said, having no clue she had watched his hunting. He was such a proud kit. Brave, but naive. He had no clue what he was getting himself into, and he knew tat somewhere in his mind, but he was no fearless to care.

Then he listened more, hearing that she was a loner like him, and his ears pinned against his head. So, she was dangerous, right? He didn't care, though fear beated through him, normal for him being a kit, something he was going to outgrow, of course. Breathing in, he perked his ears and smiled. "Well, then, maybe you can travel with me?" he said, a smile in his maw.

Then at her introducing her name, he smiled at the niceness that it held. "I am Mor-..." he stopped a moment, catching himself. He wasn't part of SkyClan no more. He thought a quick moment, then said, "My name is Rex." he said, smiling goofily. Rex was a nickname given to him by a friend from the outer lands of the clan when he was two moons, so he would answer to it, with no trouble. He kept a smile, his kit eyes flashing.

Brilliance
March 29th, 2017, 06:37 PM
"I ain't afraid of nothin'!" he meowed proudly, a cute, determined, angered-looking kitten look on his face. His blue eyes flashed proudly at his statement, and he then rose his head high, and padded off. "I can hunt and fight and be tough!" he said, having no clue she had watched his hunting. He was such a proud kit. Brave, but naive. He had no clue what he was getting himself into, and he knew tat somewhere in his mind, but he was no fearless to care.

Then he listened more, hearing that she was a loner like him, and his ears pinned against his head. So, she was dangerous, right? He didn't care, though fear beated through him, normal for him being a kit, something he was going to outgrow, of course. Breathing in, he perked his ears and smiled. "Well, then, maybe you can travel with me?" he said, a smile in his maw.

Then at her introducing her name, he smiled at the niceness that it held. "I am Mor-..." he stopped a moment, catching himself. He wasn't part of SkyClan no more. He thought a quick moment, then said, "My name is Rex." he said, smiling goofily. Rex was a nickname given to him by a friend from the outer lands of the clan when he was two moons, so he would answer to it, with no trouble. He kept a smile, his kit eyes flashing.

Darling stared at the kit in interest. She tilted her head a bit, smiling at him in a sweet manner. ‘’Oh? You can hunt, and fight, and you’re tough? Seems like the whole package.’’ She purred, affectionately. ‘’Only...I seen you with that bird, sweetheart. Nice catch, by the way, great hunter.’’ She winked playfully at him and laughed.

The kit was surely energetic, that was for sure. She had to admit that she liked the company. It had been a...long while since she had company. No one to wake up to, or snuggle with on chilly nights. On top of that, she had no one to talk to! She was constantly alone, and she refused to join a clan. She had no time to deal with conceited cats!

Though she still wondered as to why the kit ran away from home. Surely, if he was this perky and upbeat, he had to have loving parents...food was there when he needed...paws to cuddle in after a long night. Darling pinned her ears back and shook her head, but she smiled as the kit introduced himself. ‘’It’s a pleasure to meet you, you little rascal.’’ The she-cat gets up to her paws and started looking around to see if she could spot anything peculiar. As she heard Rex talking her, she flicked her ears his way, and a gave him a small giggle. ‘’First of all, you’re the kit, I’m the adult. It should be the other way around.’’ Then again, the kit probably knew more of this place than she did. She constantly found herself getting lost at every corner, and practically almost dying from the consequences. ‘’On second thought...maybe...just lead the way, why don’t you. Where are you trying to go anyway?’’

monfang
March 29th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Darling stared at the kit in interest. She tilted her head a bit, smiling at him in a sweet manner. ‘’Oh? You can hunt, and fight, and you’re tough? Seems like the whole package.’’ She purred, affectionately. ‘’Only...I seen you with that bird, sweetheart. Nice catch, by the way, great hunter.’’ She winked playfully at him and laughed.

The kit was surely energetic, that was for sure. She had to admit that she liked the company. It had been a...long while since she had company. No one to wake up to, or snuggle with on chilly nights. On top of that, she had no one to talk to! She was constantly alone, and she refused to join a clan. She had no time to deal with conceited cats!

Though she still wondered as to why the kit ran away from home. Surely, if he was this perky and upbeat, he had to have loving parents...food was there when he needed...paws to cuddle in after a long night. Darling pinned her ears back and shook her head, but she smiled as the kit introduced himself. ‘’It’s a pleasure to meet you, you little rascal.’’ The she-cat gets up to her paws and started looking around to see if she could spot anything peculiar. As she heard Rex talking her, she flicked her ears his way, and a gave him a small giggle. ‘’First of all, you’re the kit, I’m the adult. It should be the other way around.’’ Then again, the kit probably knew more of this place than she did. She constantly found herself getting lost at every corner, and practically almost dying from the consequences. ‘’On second thought...maybe...just lead the way, why don’t you. Where are you trying to go anyway?’’
Rex watched her, her expressions, her smiles, her voice. He liked her, she seemed sweet, harmless almost. He kept his goofy smile, up until she mention his little hunt, and his eyes popped open and his ears fell back. However, he had a rather nervous smile, embarrassed look in his eyes. He gave a soft giggle as she "complimented" him. "Oh, y-you saw that huh?" he said, but then perked himself up quickly. He was surely a bipolar kit, mostly normal in kits his age, or kits in general. Like children. Sad one moment, happy the next, and vise versa.

He then looked around them, wondering what layed beyond the endless trees. What was across the open moors, what was on the other side of the river. Everything was to be explored by him, he was determined to have it done as well. To see new sights, to explore new herbs, to find new prey. To learn along the way. That was his wish. Lost in thought he almost missed the fact she was talking once more.

Flicking his ears to her, they fell back as she explained she was older than him, and how it should have been him following her. But then when she asked him to lead he puffed out his chest proudly as she told him to lead the way, lifting his ears into a cocky look. He stepped with slow, long strides. "Follow me. There is a small stream and a hollow tree next to it." he said, and then walked forward in the same manner. He was a prideful kit indeed, and had no problem with leading the way. That was easy, like leading a clan! Grousestar could do it, so could he! Putting on a prideful grin, he kept walking to the stream, and sure enough the reached it after a while. He then bolted to the water, which was traveling quickly from the recent rainfall, but it was slow enough for him to drink out of it. Taking in many laps, he finally lifted his head and looked around for the den.

"This way." he purred, and padded to the tree. It had a hollow trunk, perfect for a den. He had slept in it a few nights already and liked it there. It was dry, warmish, and shelter. Next to a water and food source. A perfect home, for the time being at least. He padded inside, and turned around a moment, then layed down. He rested his head on his paws, but kept his eyes wide open, looking at the molly who followed behind. A goofy smile on his maw, a sweet look sparkled in his eyes, his tail flicking in content hyperness. He looked so sweet in this moment, like a little angel. Sometimes he was, other times he was a mischievous devil. He was tired out from this day of running and playing and, well, trying to hunt. Watching the molly, he wondered if she was as tired as he.

Brilliance
March 29th, 2017, 09:27 PM
Rex watched her, her expressions, her smiles, her voice. He liked her, she seemed sweet, harmless almost. He kept his goofy smile, up until she mention his little hunt, and his eyes popped open and his ears fell back. However, he had a rather nervous smile, embarrassed look in his eyes. He gave a soft giggle as she "complimented" him. "Oh, y-you saw that huh?" he said, but then perked himself up quickly. He was surely a bipolar kit, mostly normal in kits his age, or kits in general. Like children. Sad one moment, happy the next, and vise versa.

He then looked around them, wondering what layed beyond the endless trees. What was across the open moors, what was on the other side of the river. Everything was to be explored by him, he was determined to have it done as well. To see new sights, to explore new herbs, to find new prey. To learn along the way. That was his wish. Lost in thought he almost missed the fact she was talking once more.

Flicking his ears to her, they fell back as she explained she was older than him, and how it should have been him following her. But then when she asked him to lead he puffed out his chest proudly as she told him to lead the way, lifting his ears into a cocky look. He stepped with slow, long strides. "Follow me. There is a small stream and a hollow tree next to it." he said, and then walked forward in the same manner. He was a prideful kit indeed, and had no problem with leading the way. That was easy, like leading a clan! Grousestar could do it, so could he! Putting on a prideful grin, he kept walking to the stream, and sure enough the reached it after a while. He then bolted to the water, which was traveling quickly from the recent rainfall, but it was slow enough for him to drink out of it. Taking in many laps, he finally lifted his head and looked around for the den.

"This way." he purred, and padded to the tree. It had a hollow trunk, perfect for a den. He had slept in it a few nights already and liked it there. It was dry, warmish, and shelter. Next to a water and food source. A perfect home, for the time being at least. He padded inside, and turned around a moment, then layed down. He rested his head on his paws, but kept his eyes wide open, looking at the molly who followed behind. A goofy smile on his maw, a sweet look sparkled in his eyes, his tail flicking in content hyperness. He looked so sweet in this moment, like a little angel. Sometimes he was, other times he was a mischievous devil. He was tired out from this day of running and playing and, well, trying to hunt. Watching the molly, he wondered if she was as tired as he.

"What, did you think I not see it?" The tabby female answered, flickering her tail. She watched as the little kit scramble about, and she followed him. She might as well be a guardian--or some what of the type to him. She would had never forgiven herself if she left him out alone...to fend for himself. He was too young to be on the level that she was, and she feared that it might happen. But it won't. She wouldn't allow it. Though she only first met him, she felt a type of bond with the rowdy tom. She was sweet-mannered herself, and she hardly felt annoyed with his curious nature.

The she-cat took regal steps as she followed after him. Her tail held high and her hair light--something that's always been apart of her. She followed the young tom to this stream and hollow he was mentioning. Truth be told, she couldn't wait to lay down and curl up, hoping that she would be able to relax her aching paws. She had been traveling all morning and she was indeed, ready for a cat nap. As she continued to follow the young tom, she had to admit that he got further more than she ever would. She didn't know the forest that well, and she just found out about how the wild cats live...in these clans. They were certainly still new for her and not her cup of tea.

Darling was a loner. A loner from the start. A loner til the end. Though it would had been nice to have company, and she found it--albeit a kit. Not that he was unwanted, it was just that she wished it was a large enough cat that could protect her, teach her how to hunt, fight and survive from the obstacles that the wild enjoyed throwing itself at her. She was a fearful cat, and everything made her shiver. She was also highly finicky. She never liked to get her pelt wet or dirty and whenever she did--you were expected to hear a mouth load from her.

"Slow down, rascal! I'm not as young as I used to be." She trotted up to him, joking as she followed him. The female took in her surroundings hoping to memorize where she was in case she found herself wandering around. She did it a lot lately and she never knew why. The only thing she did know was that she had a navigation system. This kit. Rex. As they stopped at a river current, Darling gingerly bent down and took a couple laps, allowing the cool water to quench her thirst. Now only if it would sustain her hunger--which it didn't. Sadly, she didn't truly know how to hunt, yet it was a skill that every cat should had been born with. It was as if she was left out from that skill. Then again, all her life food was handed to her at the ring of a bell that clasped onto her the once purple collar that string around her neck, bedazzled in different expensive jewels. Now, that her collar was gone--and her past, she tried to forget it, but everything wasn't that simple. Especially if it had anything to do with forgetting the past.

Darling purred at the kit, enjoying his company. As the two made it to the hollow, she was surprised that he actually found it. She underestimated him because he was a kit. But he proved to be a better explorer than her, and that somewhat made her envious of him, but he was only a kit. There was nothing wrong. He was born on the wild side not a well-groomed winning show kitty she had been at the time. And, that was fine.

No, it wasn't.

She had to change her ways.

But for now, she would sleep. The hollow was warm and as she watched the kit lay down, she followed after him, laying down next to him. Only a few inches away to give him space so that he didn't feel uncomfortable. A cat nap was needed, indeed. "You're not that bad, rascal. I honestly thought something would happen to you, but you seem to be a true...explorer." She gave him a smile before laying her head back on her paws, a happy sigh escaping her maw.

monfang
March 29th, 2017, 10:30 PM
"What, did you think I not see it?" The tabby female answered, flickering her tail. She watched as the little kit scramble about, and she followed him. She might as well be a guardian--or some what of the type to him. She would had never forgiven herself if she left him out alone...to fend for himself. He was too young to be on the level that she was, and she feared that it might happen. But it won't. She wouldn't allow it. Though she only first met him, she felt a type of bond with the rowdy tom. She was sweet-mannered herself, and she hardly felt annoyed with his curious nature.

The she-cat took regal steps as she followed after him. Her tail held high and her hair light--something that's always been apart of her. She followed the young tom to this stream and hollow he was mentioning. Truth be told, she couldn't wait to lay down and curl up, hoping that she would be able to relax her aching paws. She had been traveling all morning and she was indeed, ready for a cat nap. As she continued to follow the young tom, she had to admit that he got further more than she ever would. She didn't know the forest that well, and she just found out about how the wild cats live...in these clans. They were certainly still new for her and not her cup of tea.

Darling was a loner. A loner from the start. A loner til the end. Though it would had been nice to have company, and she found it--albeit a kit. Not that he was unwanted, it was just that she wished it was a large enough cat that could protect her, teach her how to hunt, fight and survive from the obstacles that the wild enjoyed throwing itself at her. She was a fearful cat, and everything made her shiver. She was also highly finicky. She never liked to get her pelt wet or dirty and whenever she did--you were expected to hear a mouth load from her.

"Slow down, rascal! I'm not as young as I used to be." She trotted up to him, joking as she followed him. The female took in her surroundings hoping to memorize where she was in case she found herself wandering around. She did it a lot lately and she never knew why. The only thing she did know was that she had a navigation system. This kit. Rex. As they stopped at a river current, Darling gingerly bent down and took a couple laps, allowing the cool water to quench her thirst. Now only if it would sustain her hunger--which it didn't. Sadly, she didn't truly know how to hunt, yet it was a skill that every cat should had been born with. It was as if she was left out from that skill. Then again, all her life food was handed to her at the ring of a bell that clasped onto her the once purple collar that string around her neck, bedazzled in different expensive jewels. Now, that her collar was gone--and her past, she tried to forget it, but everything wasn't that simple. Especially if it had anything to do with forgetting the past.

Darling purred at the kit, enjoying his company. As the two made it to the hollow, she was surprised that he actually found it. She underestimated him because he was a kit. But he proved to be a better explorer than her, and that somewhat made her envious of him, but he was only a kit. There was nothing wrong. He was born on the wild side not a well-groomed winning show kitty she had been at the time. And, that was fine.

No, it wasn't.

She had to change her ways.

But for now, she would sleep. The hollow was warm and as she watched the kit lay down, she followed after him, laying down next to him. Only a few inches away to give him space so that he didn't feel uncomfortable. A cat nap was needed, indeed. "You're not that bad, rascal. I honestly thought something would happen to you, but you seem to be a true...explorer." She gave him a smile before laying her head back on her paws, a happy sigh escaping her maw.

{Rex (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=215882&postcount=2)}
Pleased by his work of leading her to the den he rolled a bit, trying to get comfortable- and be a bit silly. That name she called him, it was rather a name he liked, and sure, he was sticking wit Rex, he liked the nickname she had for him. Rascal. As she called him an explorer, pride swelled in him. He was going to make it out here just fine indeed. he thought, and sighed happily as well.

Life in SkyClan was great for him. Loving parents, playful siblings, fresh food daily, but something was missing, tugging at him to venture off into the unknown. He talked to his siblings, and told them of his leaving. Then, as they went to tell their parents, he bolted off into the unknown world before him. He never looked back. Another trait that he held. The ability to never take a second look unless he had to. Though he missed them dearly, he hoped his family would understand. Then again he was a kit, and didn't know what they would think. In his mind they were proud and happy, when they searched for him endlessly trying to get him to return. Still, the fact remained that he was not leaving this adventure, not anytime soon. He had it in mind and he was going to stick to it until he felt ready to let it go, and return home.

The thoughts flooded through his mind as she entered, and he didn't realize. He thought of his family, his explorations so far, his travel, his abilities. He loved it out here. No one to boss him, no one to give him rules. He made the rules now. But still, like Darling, some company wouldn't hurt to have on these long, dangerous journeys he took. Someone bigger than him to get him out of troubles he couldn't face alone. Looking up, as he saw her eyes closed, he scooted closer slightly, so he could feel her warmth, so he stayed warm through the night. Although New Leaf was well underway, there were still cold chilly nights that he did get cold in. So, he thought it to be harmless so do so.

After he was situated, he turned to the molly, his kitten blue eyes alight in curiosity, and tiredness. "Can you ... tell me a story?" he asked, yawning in the middle of his sentence. As he yawned, he lowered his head down, his eyes half-open. He loved hearing stories, however he hadn't been told bed time stories lately, since he had no one to tell them to him.

He loved stories, especially ones of how Clans came to be, creation of the Warrior Code, how they found their home spots. Yes, that one especially. It had Adventure, Danger, Bravery, and Alliance. But he was curious as to the stories she had to tell. Where they adventurous? Pampered? Fun? Wild? Bold? Quiet? Who knew, only she did. He wanted to know, to learn about this molly, to get more information. He wanted to know her. As he was droning in his thoughts he focused back into the world and focused his hearing to the molly as he listened. Would she do it? Was she asleep? Would she ignore him? the million and one questions a kit always had for one situation were popping in his head with each thought as he waited.

Brilliance
March 30th, 2017, 03:55 PM
{Rex (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=215882&postcount=2)}
Pleased by his work of leading her to the den he rolled a bit, trying to get comfortable- and be a bit silly. That name she called him, it was rather a name he liked, and sure, he was sticking wit Rex, he liked the nickname she had for him. Rascal. As she called him an explorer, pride swelled in him. He was going to make it out here just fine indeed. he thought, and sighed happily as well.

Life in SkyClan was great for him. Loving parents, playful siblings, fresh food daily, but something was missing, tugging at him to venture off into the unknown. He talked to his siblings, and told them of his leaving. Then, as they went to tell their parents, he bolted off into the unknown world before him. He never looked back. Another trait that he held. The ability to never take a second look unless he had to. Though he missed them dearly, he hoped his family would understand. Then again he was a kit, and didn't know what they would think. In his mind they were proud and happy, when they searched for him endlessly trying to get him to return. Still, the fact remained that he was not leaving this adventure, not anytime soon. He had it in mind and he was going to stick to it until he felt ready to let it go, and return home.

The thoughts flooded through his mind as she entered, and he didn't realize. He thought of his family, his explorations so far, his travel, his abilities. He loved it out here. No one to boss him, no one to give him rules. He made the rules now. But still, like Darling, some company wouldn't hurt to have on these long, dangerous journeys he took. Someone bigger than him to get him out of troubles he couldn't face alone. Looking up, as he saw her eyes closed, he scooted closer slightly, so he could feel her warmth, so he stayed warm through the night. Although New Leaf was well underway, there were still cold chilly nights that he did get cold in. So, he thought it to be harmless so do so.

After he was situated, he turned to the molly, his kitten blue eyes alight in curiosity, and tiredness. "Can you ... tell me a story?" he asked, yawning in the middle of his sentence. As he yawned, he lowered his head down, his eyes half-open. He loved hearing stories, however he hadn't been told bed time stories lately, since he had no one to tell them to him.

He loved stories, especially ones of how Clans came to be, creation of the Warrior Code, how they found their home spots. Yes, that one especially. It had Adventure, Danger, Bravery, and Alliance. But he was curious as to the stories she had to tell. Where they adventurous? Pampered? Fun? Wild? Bold? Quiet? Who knew, only she did. He wanted to know, to learn about this molly, to get more information. He wanted to know her. As he was droning in his thoughts he focused back into the world and focused his hearing to the molly as he listened. Would she do it? Was she asleep? Would she ignore him? the million and one questions a kit always had for one situation were popping in his head with each thought as he waited.

Darling fluttered her eyelids constantly on the verge of sleeping or staying awake. It had been a long day. A long agonizing day. Like it was everyday for her. Today was different, however. She met kit. New company. Something that should bring her social situation to peace. Something warmed had pressed into her, and the she-cat brought her head up to see what--who it was. Her guard slightly lessened as she realized it was only Rex. Unconsciously, she curled her tail around the kit. If it was one thing Darling knew, it was that kits loved to cuddle. Though she wasn’t his mother by biological sense, she was still there for him. He was only a kit. This sudden thought kept reminding her of all the things that she would need to learn.

Hunting was one of them. Fighting was one of them. Navigation was one of them. Hunting was a skill she sucked at, being born into a kitty nest and loved by two-legs and treated as if she were their most prized possession. Fighting was another. She had to learn it for protection. She doubt that the kit would be able to fend for them at such a small age--though he was brave enough to think he can! Navigation was not something entirely she cared about. As long as Rex knew the way, she would be satisfied. But, what if she wasn’t around Rex? What if she got..lost? On second thought, learning where her surroundings are might be the best skill to know as well.

Darling let out a yawn, and she was ready to sleep until she heard the little rascal’s voice. The she-cat peered at him attentively, sighing loudly. ‘’Why can’t you just go to sleep, Rascal?’’ She mumbled, but settled herself down. She pulled her head up, keeping her fluffy tail wrapped around the kit. ‘’Let me think…’’ She sighed, deeply. Sleep was taking over her, and another yawn escaped her maw. ‘’Let me think...aha!’’ She smiled knowing exactly what type of story to tell the kit. Though he was probably used to clan stories--whatever those were.

Darling never were told stories before. She never been around her mother long before she was taken by her two-legs. Stories weren’t really her forte, nor was creativity. She lacked in that department, but she tried her best. As long as it got Rex to sleep, then everything was fine. ‘’There once...was this land. Where this large world you see now--was all one. Nothing was separated. Everything was together, and perhaps lived in peace. There cats...like us...more in different sizes and proportion, but they were there. They lived happily on this large mass of land known at the time as...Pangaea. But, there was always problems. Many of these happy cats were getting killed off constantly by the disheveled two-legs who wanted to lavish in their furs or eat their meat. Pretty savages, if you ask me.’’ Darling paused, taking a look down at the kit. Then, slowly she continued, ‘’Along with getting killed off, there were two feuding groups of cats who hated one another. It was simply because of the color of their fur. One was pure brown, a dusty type of brown while the other was pure white. Something like snow. And, one fateful day, one brown one and a white one met and…’’She paused once more, thinking of how to continue. She did not know where she was going with this story, only making it up as fast as she could before she found herself drowsing off. ‘’...fell in love. But as you can tell, they could not be together. After all, fur coloring mattered in that time. The brown one ran off to be with the white one, and they almost got away...but they didn’t. In fact as they were sent back to their original groups...the white one was killed. The white one committed a great crime, and was mauled by their group for not only falling in love with a brown cat, but also running off with them.’’ Was this story too dark for Rex? Darling had hoped not. After all, usually kits wanted to hear something...happy. And, the story she was telling, didn’t take an happy course, but she continued on anyway with a shallow gulp. ‘’After learning of the death of their lover, the brown one was furious. It was said that they were soooooooooooo furious that the earth matched their anger. A great earthquake happened, making the lands split apart and creating different types of oceans and lands. The group of cats no longer knew where they were, and Pangaea..was gone. It was unknown of what happened to the brown one--whether they lived happily forever or not. But, the end!’’ She finished, giving him a wide grin, showing off her small fangs. Though the story was rushed..and skippy in a way, she was certainly proud of herself for even using creativity to come up with such. ‘’Now, go to bed, Rascal.’’ She dreaded of what will happen once they awoke. Would he be hungry? Would there be trouble? Oh, she wasn’t ready for any of this, but her curiosity got the best of her.

monfang
March 30th, 2017, 05:18 PM
Darling fluttered her eyelids constantly on the verge of sleeping or staying awake. It had been a long day. A long agonizing day. Like it was everyday for her. Today was different, however. She met kit. New company. Something that should bring her social situation to peace. Something warmed had pressed into her, and the she-cat brought her head up to see what--who it was. Her guard slightly lessened as she realized it was only Rex. Unconsciously, she curled her tail around the kit. If it was one thing Darling knew, it was that kits loved to cuddle. Though she wasn’t his mother by biological sense, she was still there for him. He was only a kit. This sudden thought kept reminding her of all the things that she would need to learn.

Hunting was one of them. Fighting was one of them. Navigation was one of them. Hunting was a skill she sucked at, being born into a kitty nest and loved by two-legs and treated as if she were their most prized possession. Fighting was another. She had to learn it for protection. She doubt that the kit would be able to fend for them at such a small age--though he was brave enough to think he can! Navigation was not something entirely she cared about. As long as Rex knew the way, she would be satisfied. But, what if she wasn’t around Rex? What if she got..lost? On second thought, learning where her surroundings are might be the best skill to know as well.

Darling let out a yawn, and she was ready to sleep until she heard the little rascal’s voice. The she-cat peered at him attentively, sighing loudly. ‘’Why can’t you just go to sleep, Rascal?’’ She mumbled, but settled herself down. She pulled her head up, keeping her fluffy tail wrapped around the kit. ‘’Let me think…’’ She sighed, deeply. Sleep was taking over her, and another yawn escaped her maw. ‘’Let me think...aha!’’ She smiled knowing exactly what type of story to tell the kit. Though he was probably used to clan stories--whatever those were.

Darling never were told stories before. She never been around her mother long before she was taken by her two-legs. Stories weren’t really her forte, nor was creativity. She lacked in that department, but she tried her best. As long as it got Rex to sleep, then everything was fine. ‘’There once...was this land. Where this large world you see now--was all one. Nothing was separated. Everything was together, and perhaps lived in peace. There cats...like us...more in different sizes and proportion, but they were there. They lived happily on this large mass of land known at the time as...Pangaea. But, there was always problems. Many of these happy cats were getting killed off constantly by the disheveled two-legs who wanted to lavish in their furs or eat their meat. Pretty savages, if you ask me.’’ Darling paused, taking a look down at the kit. Then, slowly she continued, ‘’Along with getting killed off, there were two feuding groups of cats who hated one another. It was simply because of the color of their fur. One was pure brown, a dusty type of brown while the other was pure white. Something like snow. And, one fateful day, one brown one and a white one met and…’’She paused once more, thinking of how to continue. She did not know where she was going with this story, only making it up as fast as she could before she found herself drowsing off. ‘’...fell in love. But as you can tell, they could not be together. After all, fur coloring mattered in that time. The brown one ran off to be with the white one, and they almost got away...but they didn’t. In fact as they were sent back to their original groups...the white one was killed. The white one committed a great crime, and was mauled by their group for not only falling in love with a brown cat, but also running off with them.’’ Was this story too dark for Rex? Darling had hoped not. After all, usually kits wanted to hear something...happy. And, the story she was telling, didn’t take an happy course, but she continued on anyway with a shallow gulp. ‘’After learning of the death of their lover, the brown one was furious. It was said that they were soooooooooooo furious that the earth matched their anger. A great earthquake happened, making the lands split apart and creating different types of oceans and lands. The group of cats no longer knew where they were, and Pangaea..was gone. It was unknown of what happened to the brown one--whether they lived happily forever or not. But, the end!’’ She finished, giving him a wide grin, showing off her small fangs. Though the story was rushed..and skippy in a way, she was certainly proud of herself for even using creativity to come up with such. ‘’Now, go to bed, Rascal.’’ She dreaded of what will happen once they awoke. Would he be hungry? Would there be trouble? Oh, she wasn’t ready for any of this, but her curiosity got the best of her.
Rex smiled as she began, and layed his head down, closing his eyes and he listened closely. He followed along, his mind becoming more and more eased as she continued to talk, telling the story. As she kept on he gave a small yawn, and before she could get to the death of the cat, he was fast asleep, curling his head into her tail, and he layed with a smile on his maw. His breathing slowed, his purr faded, and his smile faded as he fell into restful sleep. He couldn't wait until tomorrow!

{okay, we can time skip to her waking up and realizing he's gone, and that could be him getting attacked and he runs back here? it won't be too hard to do that knowing woly's rp style lol also sorry it's short heh ^^"}

Brilliance
March 30th, 2017, 10:14 PM
Rex smiled as she began, and layed his head down, closing his eyes and he listened closely. He followed along, his mind becoming more and more eased as she continued to talk, telling the story. As she kept on he gave a small yawn, and before she could get to the death of the cat, he was fast asleep, curling his head into her tail, and he layed with a smile on his maw. His breathing slowed, his purr faded, and his smile faded as he fell into restful sleep. He couldn't wait until tomorrow!

{okay, we can time skip to her waking up and realizing he's gone, and that could be him getting attacked and he runs back here? it won't be too hard to do that knowing woly's rp style lol also sorry it's short heh ^^"}

{Time skip}

Darling was dreaming a peaceful dream. She was happy the kit was sleep, her worries washed at bay for him. The hollow was comfortable, and her tail was wrapped around him in a motherly manner--a talent she didn’t think she ever had. Though...it was cold. The spot, the warmth that used to be there, no longer existed. This is what woke the she-cat up. Her head swiveled around the den, looking for Rex. ‘’Rascal!’’ She called, affectionately, hoping he was somewhere around there. But, he wasn’t. And, she got worried.

Darling got up from her spot, fluffing out her fur. She looked around anxiously to find the small kit. Her heart was thumping. What could had happened to him this quick? Did he decide that he was going back to his home? To be with his parents? That he realized his mistake? Did something happen to him? The first option was what she wanted to go with. She didn’t want to think he wandered off...he was just a kit. He wouldn’t be able to survive in the wild even if he could. She was older than him. She knew a few ways, but truly not all of them. Death was her fear daily, and she awaited the moment for it to seep into her life and take it unknowingly.

Yet, this was the last thing on her mind. A kit was missing, and she had no idea where he was. Perhaps, he tried to practice his hunting, to see if he could impress her, or to look around and explore. Those sounded like good ideas to where he might be. Though his scent was faint in her nose, and she allowed a panic to arise in her. She had to find him…

She didn’t know her way around. If she started to look around, she knew she would be lost. The she-cat gave a loud, obnoxious sigh, feeling a deep pang in her heart. Here she was, alone again. At last.

{Oh, yeah that’s totally fine! Poor Rascal tho> ;c)

monfang
March 31st, 2017, 06:42 AM
{Time skip}

Darling was dreaming a peaceful dream. She was happy the kit was sleep, her worries washed at bay for him. The hollow was comfortable, and her tail was wrapped around him in a motherly manner--a talent she didn’t think she ever had. Though...it was cold. The spot, the warmth that used to be there, no longer existed. This is what woke the she-cat up. Her head swiveled around the den, looking for Rex. ‘’Rascal!’’ She called, affectionately, hoping he was somewhere around there. But, he wasn’t. And, she got worried.

Darling got up from her spot, fluffing out her fur. She looked around anxiously to find the small kit. Her heart was thumping. What could had happened to him this quick? Did he decide that he was going back to his home? To be with his parents? That he realized his mistake? Did something happen to him? The first option was what she wanted to go with. She didn’t want to think he wandered off...he was just a kit. He wouldn’t be able to survive in the wild even if he could. She was older than him. She knew a few ways, but truly not all of them. Death was her fear daily, and she awaited the moment for it to seep into her life and take it unknowingly.

Yet, this was the last thing on her mind. A kit was missing, and she had no idea where he was. Perhaps, he tried to practice his hunting, to see if he could impress her, or to look around and explore. Those sounded like good ideas to where he might be. Though his scent was faint in her nose, and she allowed a panic to arise in her. She had to find him…

She didn’t know her way around. If she started to look around, she knew she would be lost. The she-cat gave a loud, obnoxious sigh, feeling a deep pang in her heart. Here she was, alone again. At last.

{Oh, yeah that’s totally fine! Poor Rascal tho> ;c)
{i know, and so young, but it has to happen ;0;}
The kit was panting, heart thumping, muscles aching, his body straining as he seemed to be stuck in a never ending run, his mind frozen. Blood seeped from his shoulder wound, but not badly, and his ears were torn up an face was scratched. He looked like he just got dun with a fight, and he had. Two, large, terrifying toms attacked him.

Tears fell from his eyes as he ran, whimpers escaped his maw, and finally he saw the stream, and right outside he saw the hollow and Darling, looking as if she was calling for him. More tears fell through his eyes, and his whimpers grew. "Darling! Darling!" he called, fear and pain pressed his shakey voice as he neared her. Finally the kit had reached her and he had began to ramble.

"I went hunting and these two cats came and attacked me and clawed at me and all I wanted to do was bring back a mouse but they just came out of no where and... I tried to get home... but they showed up.... and they were so fast..." he cried, his voice more and more cut off as he explained. tears flooded his eyes, streaming down his cheeks. The young, small Sokoke had truly feared for his life, and he buried his face into her fur, sobbing in fear and pain.

He regretted leaving her side, going hunting, trying to do something like that. It was foolish, reckless, and he nearly died. He sobbed more and more in her fur, staying close. He shook with fear, his heat thumped, his muscles hurt from the constant strain of running he put himself through. what if he died? Darling would be left alone again, his siblings would lose a brother, his parents a son, and they would mourn for him, and Darling would mourn for him. The world would mourn for him, for he was just a young life, but some of these things he did not know, however he was too scared to think, too much in pain to worry about what might of happened. He just wanted to be comforted, now.

Brilliance
March 31st, 2017, 08:27 PM
{i know, and so young, but it has to happen ;0;}
The kit was panting, heart thumping, muscles aching, his body straining as he seemed to be stuck in a never ending run, his mind frozen. Blood seeped from his shoulder wound, but not badly, and his ears were torn up an face was scratched. He looked like he just got dun with a fight, and he had. Two, large, terrifying toms attacked him.

Tears fell from his eyes as he ran, whimpers escaped his maw, and finally he saw the stream, and right outside he saw the hollow and Darling, looking as if she was calling for him. More tears fell through his eyes, and his whimpers grew. "Darling! Darling!" he called, fear and pain pressed his shakey voice as he neared her. Finally the kit had reached her and he had began to ramble.

"I went hunting and these two cats came and attacked me and clawed at me and all I wanted to do was bring back a mouse but they just came out of no where and... I tried to get home... but they showed up.... and they were so fast..." he cried, his voice more and more cut off as he explained. tears flooded his eyes, streaming down his cheeks. The young, small Sokoke had truly feared for his life, and he buried his face into her fur, sobbing in fear and pain.

He regretted leaving her side, going hunting, trying to do something like that. It was foolish, reckless, and he nearly died. He sobbed more and more in her fur, staying close. He shook with fear, his heat thumped, his muscles hurt from the constant strain of running he put himself through. what if he died? Darling would be left alone again, his siblings would lose a brother, his parents a son, and they would mourn for him, and Darling would mourn for him. The world would mourn for him, for he was just a young life, but some of these things he did not know, however he was too scared to think, too much in pain to worry about what might of happened. He just wanted to be comforted, now.

The more she sat there waiting, the more the she-cat grew impatient. She was about ready to search for the young kit, hoping to locate some type of scent and follow it. But she never been that type of cat. She only known dogs to do that truly. To use their snouts, put it on the ground and see if they could go to the scent. The thought disgusted her. Why ever would she want to put her nose to the ground where there was so much bacteria and other disgusting vermits? Nope, nope, but she had to find him. What if he was hurt? No, he was fine. She kept reassuring herself that he would be alright.

‘’But, if he doesn't come soon, I’ll just--’’ And, like that she heard the little rascal’s voice and bounded up to him. The sight of him repulsed her...if she were being honest. She stood there speechless, not know what to say or react, but he was crying. He was telling her everything, and in that moment, Darling only pulled him closer, scared to touch him because she feared she would hurt him. His face was scarred---terribly. His shoulder was bleeding, his ear...was torn. Darling did not know how to react to this, so she stayed quiet. She let out little ‘’Hush…’’ to calm the kit down. She allowed him to bury himself into her thick pelt, but she felt light headed at the sight of blood.

‘’Oh, Rascal.’’ Her first words that she said since she saw him from his accident. She bent her head down to look at him, a pang in her heart. ‘’This is why you’re not suppose to leave. You’re a kit! You can’t just expect to act like you’re exempt from the world’s dangers. Because you are not.’’ She tells him, sincerely. She always, at one point, thought that danger didn’t follow her around. She knew karma was real. She thought karma was her friend, but it turned out that she wasn’t exempt either. She was bait to this world like she was a predator to most small critters. She needed Rex to take that into understanding as well. ‘’I thought you left. I thought you went back to your clan...you know you should. The wildlife is no place for a kit as you.’’ Partially, the she-cat felt like it was her fault. After all, she built up his confidence: calling him brave, and explorer, feeding it to him, and allowing him to get full from it. He was nothing of the sort. Not yet, at least. He was simply a kit.

As Daring examined him further, she didn’t know how to take care of his wounds. She could only imagine how much pain they must had been in. She narrowed her eyes, ‘’Maybe I should go after these cats, and teach them a lesson, eh?’’ Though she might not win. Everything was always easier said than done, anyway, but she was furious. How could anyone ever attack a kit? What was wrong with this forest. ‘’Oh, about we just clean you up a bit, and allow you to rest?’’ She suggests, hoping to lead him to the river to clean his wounds, and get him to sleep inside the hollow. If she had enough time, she would be able to practice her hunting and bring him back something to eat.

monfang
April 3rd, 2017, 08:24 AM
The more she sat there waiting, the more the she-cat grew impatient. She was about ready to search for the young kit, hoping to locate some type of scent and follow it. But she never been that type of cat. She only known dogs to do that truly. To use their snouts, put it on the ground and see if they could go to the scent. The thought disgusted her. Why ever would she want to put her nose to the ground where there was so much bacteria and other disgusting vermits? Nope, nope, but she had to find him. What if he was hurt? No, he was fine. She kept reassuring herself that he would be alright.

‘’But, if he doesn't come soon, I’ll just--’’ And, like that she heard the little rascal’s voice and bounded up to him. The sight of him repulsed her...if she were being honest. She stood there speechless, not know what to say or react, but he was crying. He was telling her everything, and in that moment, Darling only pulled him closer, scared to touch him because she feared she would hurt him. His face was scarred---terribly. His shoulder was bleeding, his ear...was torn. Darling did not know how to react to this, so she stayed quiet. She let out little ‘’Hush…’’ to calm the kit down. She allowed him to bury himself into her thick pelt, but she felt light headed at the sight of blood.

‘’Oh, Rascal.’’ Her first words that she said since she saw him from his accident. She bent her head down to look at him, a pang in her heart. ‘’This is why you’re not suppose to leave. You’re a kit! You can’t just expect to act like you’re exempt from the world’s dangers. Because you are not.’’ She tells him, sincerely. She always, at one point, thought that danger didn’t follow her around. She knew karma was real. She thought karma was her friend, but it turned out that she wasn’t exempt either. She was bait to this world like she was a predator to most small critters. She needed Rex to take that into understanding as well. ‘’I thought you left. I thought you went back to your clan...you know you should. The wildlife is no place for a kit as you.’’ Partially, the she-cat felt like it was her fault. After all, she built up his confidence: calling him brave, and explorer, feeding it to him, and allowing him to get full from it. He was nothing of the sort. Not yet, at least. He was simply a kit.

As Daring examined him further, she didn’t know how to take care of his wounds. She could only imagine how much pain they must had been in. She narrowed her eyes, ‘’Maybe I should go after these cats, and teach them a lesson, eh?’’ Though she might not win. Everything was always easier said than done, anyway, but she was furious. How could anyone ever attack a kit? What was wrong with this forest. ‘’Oh, about we just clean you up a bit, and allow you to rest?’’ She suggests, hoping to lead him to the river to clean his wounds, and get him to sleep inside the hollow. If she had enough time, she would be able to practice her hunting and bring him back something to eat.
Rex pressed against her, whimpers still arising from him. The pain surging through his shoulder, his ears, and his muzzle was almost too much for him, but being him he managed to handle it. The caring way she said his name, how she tried to comfort him.

Then, when she said he should return to his clan, he thought a moment, actually considering it. But he couldn't, not yet. He was brave, strong, look at what he survived! Sure, he was a kit, but he was no ordinary kit. And although she worried about him, he worried about her. He was old enough to know she needed him, and if he did return back to his clan she would probably starve, get lost, or get killed, and he didn't want that to happen to her.

He didn't speak as she spoke again. He just nodded. He needed his wounds cleaned and dressed, and he needed to rest, and he was tired. He nodded slowly, and limped into the hollow. He went to a small, slightly dug out spot that he did early that morning, and layed in it, wincing as he let his body slowly fall to the ground. Pain surged through his sore muscles, the gash on his shoulder still bled, his muzzle sticky with the drying blood, his ear was like his muzzle. He looked towards the entrance, and waited for Darling.

Brilliance
April 6th, 2017, 04:07 PM
Rex pressed against her, whimpers still arising from him. The pain surging through his shoulder, his ears, and his muzzle was almost too much for him, but being him he managed to handle it. The caring way she said his name, how she tried to comfort him.

Then, when she said he should return to his clan, he thought a moment, actually considering it. But he couldn't, not yet. He was brave, strong, look at what he survived! Sure, he was a kit, but he was no ordinary kit. And although she worried about him, he worried about her. He was old enough to know she needed him, and if he did return back to his clan she would probably starve, get lost, or get killed, and he didn't want that to happen to her.

He didn't speak as she spoke again. He just nodded. He needed his wounds cleaned and dressed, and he needed to rest, and he was tired. He nodded slowly, and limped into the hollow. He went to a small, slightly dug out spot that he did early that morning, and layed in it, wincing as he let his body slowly fall to the ground. Pain surged through his sore muscles, the gash on his shoulder still bled, his muzzle sticky with the drying blood, his ear was like his muzzle. He looked towards the entrance, and waited for Darling.

Darling watched as the kit made it into the hallow. She was mad. She was beyond mad--furious. Perhaps a word far greater than that. Who did these cats think they were? Attacking a kit? What was their problem? Darling never met any cat that would dare harm a harmless kit. The she-cat had to remind herself of where she was. She was in the forest, where the clans laid. Of course, she didn’t know how they worked, for she was a cat displayed for her epic breeding and won her two-legs plenty of money. Now, she was experiencing the real world for what it was.

She hated it.

Nearby, she found a small log and snatched it off from the tree bark with her fangs. As she allowed Rex to settle within the hallow, she took the small light weigh log up to the river, and dipped it into the stream. Gently, she carried it out, and careful to not spill any water, she padded into the hollow, and sat the log, filled with water down. She stared at Rex, an unreadable expression on her muzzle.

The she-cat dipped a paw into the water, and set it on one of the wounds of the kit. She was no healer, and the only thing she could do was clean his wounds with water. She didn’t know much about the medicine industry, and frankly, she didn’t want to. Afterwards, she begin to gently use her tongue to groom areas of his body to help soothe his wounds. She rasped her tongue around him as if he were her own kit, and as she finished cleaning him, she got up to take the back outside to refill it with water.

‘’Drink.’’ She prompts him as she laid the log down again, and turned to leave back out. Now, that he was clean. He needed something to eat. Never the she-cat thought she would have much responsibility with one kit! He was a pawful...perhaps, now her pawful, and she had to care for him whether he was her kit or not.

Now, where am I going to get food?