PDA

View Full Version : Petrichor and Almondpaw (private)

dreami
March 17th, 2017, 09:58 PM
As a soft, cold wind blew, the snow-white pelt of a well-groomed kittypet was ruffled the wrong way; causing a small, high-pitched squeak to emit from the molly. Petrichor sat on a wooden fence, slowly scanning the horizon. Her sky-blue eyes were as wide as an owl's, searching for any signs of danger. Of course, if she did suspect there was any danger, she'd be out of there in a heartbeat; without a second thought. And at the sound of a small twig snapping, she was ready to make a run for it. Her eyes were wide, and her ears perked. That was, until a small, brown mouse came bounding out. Her gaze softened, and she let out a small giggle.

Still observing the small mouse, the long-haired molly hopped off the fence and landed softly on the hard ground below. Staying close to the fence, she slowly tilted her head as the mouse started nibbling on something. She just sat there, wondering for a moment what she should do. It was a cat thing to catch mice, right? Aww, but it was so cute! Maybe she'd just keep watching it for a little while; after all, she didn't even know how to catch mice, and she couldn't possibly expect to catch one just by chance. After all, she was just a house cat. She wasn't even sure if her people would like her eating mice; they'd probably be disgusted! Yeah.. Maybe she'd just observe it from a distance. With this thought in mind, the kittypet decisively sat down, and wrapped her long tail around her fluffy paws.

~Aesthetic~
March 17th, 2017, 10:22 PM
A small, medium-furred brown tom burst from the twoleg dens. His mind was racing. His mentor, Cricketchirp, (npc) had scolded the apprentice for missing an easy catch; a fat rabbit nibbling on the short WindClan grass. He spotted the mouse, green eyes widening. He bunched his muscles to run, but he could imagine his mentor blabbering to him. ThunderClan cats sneak up on their prey, because they use their territory as hiding places. If you were ever in this situation, drop into a hunters crouch and surprise the prey, don't chase it like you would a rabbit.
He silently sighed. The cool breeze brushed his side and he narrowed his leafy gaze. He just barely touched his chapped pads to the ground as he drew nearer and nearer. Once he was about a fox-length away, he pounced. Adrenaline rushed through him like a river as he landed sneakily onto the mouse, it's tiny body writhing in protest. He fastened his claws around the brown creature and sank his sharp fangs into the mouse's soft flesh. Warm blood poured into his mouth. The adrenaline faded, and he was left with a mouse. He was about to turn back to show Cricketchirp, but he caught a glance of a kittypet nearby.
Still fuming a bit, he decided he may as well chat before being on his way. He was in no rush, after all. His tail whisked from side to side as he strided towards her, chest puffed confidently and mouse firmly clenched in his mouth.

dreami
March 17th, 2017, 10:48 PM
With wide eyes, the white kittypet watched as a strange, brown tom suddenly appeared. She watched in silence as the cat snuck up on the mouse, narrowing her blue eyes and slowly crouching down. What was he doing? Was he actually trying to.. catch it? Perking her ears, she watched as he got closer and closer to the mouse, until, finally, he was on top of it; dealing the final blow. Her mouth instantly fell open, and her eyebrows raised. Wow, he actually.. caught it? She blinked a few times, trying to process it. And even before she could, she noticed the tom was walking her way; mouse firmly gripped in his jaws. She scrambled onto her paws, and, with a single graceful leap, scaled the fence so that she was sitting on top of it once more. Of course, it wouldn't do any good if he decided to join her, but the fence made her feel at least a little more safe.

"Who are you?" Petrichor asked cautiously, suspiciously narrowing her eyes. But within a second, her expression turned from suspicious to excited in just a heart beat, as she recalled the strangers previous actions. "And how did you do that?" She asked eagerly, almost ready to bounce up and down in excitement.

~Aesthetic~
March 17th, 2017, 11:09 PM
The tom shook out his pelt, bits of dead leaves and grass flying out. He set down the mouse and listened to the gray and white she-cat's words. He dipped his head in a wordless greeting.
"I'm called Almondpaw. I live over in the moors, far from here," he began, gesturing his tail in the general direction of the WindClan territory. He glanced at the mouse he'd caught just moments before, and the strange cat staring at him in disbelief. He shrugged his small shoulders.
"As for the mouse, I just used what my Mentor taught me. We learn to fight and hunt, and protect our borders," he explained, eager to tell the cat about his Clan. He widened his eyes and dipped his head.
"StarClan, where are my manners? What's your name?" He asked with a charming tone, attempting to get this cat to warm up to him. He tilted his chin upward a to meet her blue eyes.

dreami
March 17th, 2017, 11:39 PM
The feline flinched as the tom shook his pelt out, watching curiously as little pieces of leaves and grass went flying. She tilted her head; why was he so dirty? Didn't he ever groom himself? And as quickly as that thought passed through her mind, it was swiftly shaken away as the brown cat opened his maw to speak. Her head tilted slowly to the side as he introduced himself, and any suspicion left was instantly turned into curiosity. "Almondpaw? Well that's kind of a strange name.." she began with a small, amused giggle. Her eyes slowly shifting to gaze towards the trees as Almondpaw gestured towards his home. Petrichor stood up, almost ready to return to solid ground. She paused; frozen, as he then mentioned fighting, and hunting, and.. protecting borders? She recalled her senses, and slowly sat back down; remaining on the fence. "You fight? Like.. other cats?" the femme inquired, almost in disbelief. She was caught completely off-guard when she was asked her name, so it took her a few moments to respond. "Uh.. My name is Petrichor. Nice to meet you, er.. Almondpaw." She finished with a small nod, a pleasant smile present on her features.

"So.. what's it like where you're from?"

~Aesthetic~
March 17th, 2017, 11:52 PM
Almondpaw twitched his long whiskers in amusement. He rolled his green eyes and replied to her questions.
"What? Do you think we fight twolegs?" He responded, answering her question with another question. "Only when they threaten us. To me, it's kinda... I dunno. I don't really agree with it, but it's my duty. I'm not dangerous or anything," he confirmed, tail swishing. He blinked slowly as he heard the she-cat's name; he wasn't used to hearing kittypet names.
"Nice to meet you, Petrichor. Where i live..." His voice trailed off for a heartbeat, but then he began speaking again at a slightly quicker pace.
"Where I live, we live in these groups called clans. ThunderClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan, and my clan, WindClan. There is also Skyclan and the dusk syndicate, but those are different stories. The main clans share borders, have camps, and live the life of a wild cat. We hunt for our own food, we fight over borders, we have leaders, deputies, warriors, apprentices..." He began. He sighed. "So much to explain," he muttered with finality to his long, drawn-out explanation.
"I suppose I could show you sometime," he offered, eyes twinkling.

dreami
March 18th, 2017, 04:23 PM
As Almondpaw went on to explain the life of the wild cats, Petrichor seemed to become more and more intrigued. With all the ranks in order, the borders, and even camps; it all sounded so interesting.. and, much to her surprise, organized! The fluffy feline once again crouched down in preparation to slide off the fence, doing so just in time for the tom to give his final words. He sure seemed eager to share, didn't he? With an excited little bounce, the pointed molly gave an energetic nod, "I'd love to see it sometime! .. As long as I don't get mauled to death.. But.. you guys wouldn't do that, right?" she inquired in a hopeful tone, "I mean, you're civilized, aren't you? You're not gonna claw my eyes out?" She asked playfully, a sly smile creeping onto her features as she swatted her tail back and forth.

~Aesthetic~
March 18th, 2017, 07:37 PM
Almondpaw took a step closer to Petrichor's fence. His eyes shifted and he gazed back at the distant moorland. He thought about what his mentor would say if he brought a kittypet back to camp. Or, even worse, what Blazingstar would say. He winced for a moment, but he shook his head and met Petrichor's eyes.
"Probably not..." He joked. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding," he clarified. " I mean, I can't guarantee every cat will like you, but that's life, huh? No cat will maul your eyes out. I promise."
He flicked his tail, signaling that he would welcome her next to him.

~Aesthetic~
April 6th, 2017, 08:27 PM
(Boop hoping dreami sees this)