PDA

View Full Version : Forum Mechanics

Bee
March 16th, 2017, 11:34 AM
I just want to get this out of the way, I read the FAQ from top to bottom so please don't judge me for this.

Hello, I just joined here today and want to jump into roleplaying as I never did much of it in the old days. But I can't really figure out how the forum itself works, and the format is very overwhelming for me as I am autistic. The only experience with forums I really have is Flight Rising and it's much less... complex than this one. Everything here is all jumbled up and confusing. So here are a few questions I can think of but a general tutorial would be much appreciated:

-Is there a "ping" system (ie @ user and then you get a notification)

-how do I get the posts within a thread to show in order of newest to oldest?

-I want to join Windclan but it seems very empty/inactive

dino.
March 16th, 2017, 11:41 AM
I just want to get this out of the way, I read the FAQ from top to bottom so please don't judge me for this.

Hello, I just joined here today and want to jump into roleplaying as I never did much of it in the old days. But I can't really figure out how the forum itself works, and the format is very overwhelming for me as I am autistic. The only experience with forums I really have is Flight Rising and it's much less... complex than this one. Everything here is all jumbled up and confusing. So here are a few questions I can think of but a general tutorial would be much appreciated:

-Is there a "ping" system (ie @ user and then you get a notification)

-how do I get the posts within a thread to show in order of newest to oldest?

-I want to join Windclan but it seems very empty/inactive
Welcome to WCO! I'd be happy to answer your questions!

For the first one, we have something called mentions, which is where you put Turtlestrike , for example and then it sends them a notification. You can also click on the mention and it links you to their profile

Secondly, posts within a thread are already ordered from first to last. If you go to the last page of a thread, then you can see the latest post.

Thirdly, quite the contrary! Windclan is actually quite active. I'd be happy to RP with you sometime!

And there you go! If you need anything else, just let me know!

Bee
March 16th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Turtlestrike thank you so much!

dino.
March 16th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Turtlestrike thank you so much!
No problem! I'm happy to help out where I can!

SuspiciousMindz
March 16th, 2017, 06:46 PM
Hello! Welcome to WCO!

I would be happy to help you out whenever you need it. As Turtlestrike said, we do have the mention thing. It's the little blue microphone button. Be sure that when you use it, it's on a blank line of text to insure it always works. Some users have issues with that. You'll learn with experience as all original members here did back in October.
All the clans are quite active, it just depends on the time of day since a lot of users have school or have to work. If you have any questions about Windclan, I'm more than happy to answer them as I RP the leader, Blazingstar c;