PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Rise of Shadows

The Mad Katter
March 11th, 2017, 05:23 PM
Rise of ShadowsWarriors
Book 1: Blood Dreams
Authors: KitKat12, JaxenAmethyst, Derp Katz

Darkness will rise with a thirst for peace, but will only bring death. The ones you love will be lost to a battle you cannot fight.

It's leaf-bare, and there are several new litter of kits in Thunderclan. Two of these kits have a destiny like no other. Meanwhile, an unknown killer is in their midst and has already murdered two cats. While ThunderClan wonders who is next, ShadowClan attacks ThunderClan and leaves them confused and injured. It's the darkest of times and it has become hard for them to recover as even their own Clanmates have become snappy. However, two kits will grow up with a choice to follow two paths: One of Darkness, or One of Light.

I will be posting a couple pages at a time and you can comment about them when I post it.

Allegiances: Pg. 1
Prologue: Pg. 1
Chapter 1: Pg. 2

The Mad Katter
March 11th, 2017, 05:25 PM
Allegiances:

THUNDERCLAN

Leader:Robinstar- Brown tom with green eyes

Deputy:Featherpelt- Fluffy black tom
Apprentice: Mosspaw

Medicine Cat:Rosefang- Tortoiseshell she-cat

Warriors (toms, and she-cats without kits)

Smokefur- Smoky grey tom with amber eyes
Apprentice: Flowerpaw

Tanglepelt- Dark brown she-cat with yellow eyes

Lionclaw- Golden tom with a splash of white on his chest
Apprentice: Whiskerpaw

Thorncloud- Ginger tom with white paws, tail tip, and chest
Apprentice: Stormpaw

Firepelt- Orange tom with white underbelly and amber eyes.

Spottedwing- Grey she-cat with green eyes

Amberfall- Ginger she-cat with amber eyes

Brackenclaw- Light brown tom with green eyes
Apprentice: Foxpaw

Apprentices (more than 6 moons old in training to become warriors)

Foxpaw- Red tom with amber eyes

Whiskerpaw- Brown tabby tom with a thin tail

Mosspaw- Fluffy brown she-cat with fierce green eyes

Stormpaw- Light grey tom

Flowerpaw- Light grey she-cat with darker stripes

Queens (she-cats expecting or nursing kits)

Rowanheart- Pretty orange she-cat with a white underbelly (mother of Berrykit, tortoiseshell she-cat with amber eyes, Dawnkit, black and brown she-cat with amber eyes, and Sunkit, ginger tom with white patches and amber eyes)

Dovetail- light grey she-cat with blue eyes (mother of Silverkit, silver tabby she-cat with blue eyes, and Poolkit, light grey she-cat with long fur and blue eyes)

Frostflight- white she-cat with blue eyes (mother of Snowkit, delicate white she-cat with blue eyes, Blackkit, black tom with green eyes, and Nightkit, very dark grey tom with green eyes.)
Elders (former warriors and queens, now retired)

Specklefoot- Mottled grey she-cat

Redfur- Red tom

Bramblesky- Black and Brown she-cat. Former deputy. Has bad lungs and a bad leg

The Mad Katter
March 11th, 2017, 05:29 PM
RiverClan

Leader: Stonestar- Grey tom with thick fur

Deputy: Willowflame- Black tabby she-cat

Medicine cat: Ducksplash- Cream she-cat
Apprentice: Streampaw

Warriors (Toms, and she-cats without kits)

Troutwhisker- grey and white tom
Apprentice: Reedpaw
Rainheart- grey she-cat with white paws

Mallowpelt- Brown she-cat with long darker brown legs
Apprentice: Petalpaw
Owlwing- brown tom with yellow eyes

Newtfrost- Light brown tom with dark brown stripe along spine
Apprentice: Larkpaw
Shadespot- Brown she-cat with ginger and white spots

Ripplefur- Grey she-cat with black stripes

Pebblesplash- Brown tom with white underbelly

Icenose- grey she-cat with unusual white nose
Apprentice: Beepaw
Creekfur- grey and white she-cat

Plumwing- Black she-cat

Beetleclaw- Black tom

Reedpaw- Brown she-cat with black paws

Beepaw- Brown tabby tom

Petalpaw- Grey she-cat

Larkpaw- Brown she-cat with 3 grey paws and one white.

Streampaw- Silver she-cat with darker stripes

Queens (She-cats expecting or nursing kits)

Finchfeather- Black she-cat

Mudfoot- light brown she-cat with darker brown legs and white underbelly

Minnowstrike- Brown she-cat with white paws, tail tip, and chest (Mother of Newtfrost’s kits: Fallowkit, light brown tabby she-cat with dark brown fur along spine, and Lilykit, light brown she-cat with delicate white paws, tail tip and chest.)

Elders (Warriors and queens, now retired)

Whitebreeze- White tom with long legs and brown toes.

Dappleberry- Old dappled grey she-cat with striking blue eyes.

The Mad Katter
March 11th, 2017, 05:30 PM
WindClan

Leader: Morningstar- Long furred orange she-cat with very light amber eyes that look slightly rose colored at dawn.

Deputy: Rabbittail-Light brown tom with a short, fluffy, white tail and green eyes.

Medicine cat: Robinthroat- Brown tom with red colored throat and green eyes.

Warriors (Toms, and she-cats without kits)

Whitepelt- White tom

Emberspots- White she-cat with dark orange spots.

Heatherstep- Sandy she-cat with twisted front paw
Apprentice: Marigoldpaw

Sandfur- Sand-colored tom with amber eyes.

Gorseheart- Grey she-cat with darker grey stripes.

Clovernose- Brown she-cat with white clover shaped spot on nose.

Antflight- Dark brown tom.

Honeysplash- Yellow she-cat with white patches

Breezefoot- Black tom with white paws
Apprentice: Swiftpaw

Eagledawn- Blue-grey she-cat. Formerly of the Tribe of Rushing Water.

Marigoldpaw-Yellow she-cat with white spots, tail tip, chest and muzzle

Swiftpaw- White she-cat with grey tipped tail and ears

Palestripe- Pale ginger she-cat with pale grey stripes

Elders (former warriors and queens, now retired)

Lilywhisker- Blind white she-cat with orange patches

Dawnshadow- Black she-cat with white paws, tail tip, and ears

The Mad Katter
March 11th, 2017, 05:32 PM
ShadowClan
Leader: Hollystar- Thick-furred black she-cat with piercing green eyes

Deputy: Gingerflight- Ginger she-cat with white tail tip and green eyes.

Medicine cat: Ravenfeather- Clumsy black tom with green eyes.
Apprentice: Mintpaw

Warriors (toms, and she-cats without kits)

Stumblefoot- Grey tom with white paws. Missing both back paws.

Sootfrost- Black tom with white paws, tail tip, and a white stripe from his nose to forehead. Apprentice: Wildpaw

Ashfoot- Dark grey tom with light gray paws

Marshwhisper- Dark brown tabby tom

Mistypelt- Grey she-cat with blue eyes
Apprentice: Snakepaw

Fernstripe- Brown tabby she-cat
Apprentice: Owlpaw

Blackmist- Black she-cat with green eyes
Apprentice: Maplepaw

Frostclaw- White she-cat with grey paws

Ivyspring- Grey she-cat with a brown speckled pelt
Apprentice: Frogpaw

Squirrelstripe- Grey tom with darker grey stripes

Snowwhisker- White she-cat with grey paws

Apprentices(More than 6 moons old in training to become warriors)

Maplepaw- Orange tom with white paws and white ring around eye

Frogpaw: Black tom with green eyes

Owlpaw: brown tom with yellow eyes

Wildpaw: Brown she-cat with black paws and black tail tip

Snakepaw: brown tabby tom

Mintpaw: Grey she-cat with brown speckled pelt

Nightpaw- Prickly black she-cat

Goldenstep: Orange she-cat with white paws. Mother of Sunkit (orange she-cat with white splashes)

Splashpelt: Grey she-cat with white patches. Mother of Nettlekit (grey she-cat with white splashes), Hawkkit (light grey she-cat with darker stripes), and Darkkit (dark grey she-cat with white patches on legs)

Elders (former warriors, now retired)

Lionfur- Golden tom with white paws

Greywhisker- Grey tom with darker stripes and long whiskers

Badgerface- Black tom with white paws, tail tip and face.

The Mad Katter
March 12th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Prologue
"Oh, Ashtail. If I could relive any moment forever, it would be this one." A black she-cat purred contentedly. The light grey tom curled his black tail across the she-cat's back.

"Flintfur, I know you've had a rough life, and as your brother, it's my job to make sure you're happy," the dark grey tom pulled away and looked into his sister’s eyes seriously.

Flintfur snorted. "In between teasing me you mean.”

Ashtail pretended to look shocked. "Me, tease you? Now, why would I do that?"

The black she-cat crouched down, flicking her tail back and forth. "I don't know," she said, narrowing her eyes. "Why don't you tell me?" And with that, she leaped. However, he was ready for her and sidestepped, sending her crashing to the ground.

He grinned. "After all those moons of practice, I am still the better fighter." He crowed and swiped at Flintfur's leg with one paw, and her muzzle with the other. She stumbled and hit her muzzle on the hard ground.

She sat up, rubbing her nose with one paw. "Ow!" She glared up at Ashtail. "Was that really necessary?"

He gave her a sly look. "I don't know, why don't you tell me?" He said, rebounding her words back at her. Flintfur growled at him and he bounded into the woods. "Catch me if you can!" He called, disappearing into the shadows. Rolling her eyes playfully, she chased after him. She ran through the forest, listening to Ashtail’s pawsteps, but then there was silence, no sound of leaves on Ashtail’s paws as he ran. Suddenly, there was a sound, a horrible yowl.

"Ashtail?" Flintfur whispered. She hesitated before she stepped deeper into the undergrowth her brother had disappeared into. Her paws flew out from under her as she tripped over a large, furry object. She got slowly to her paws. It had a thick-smelling, sticky substance on it. The she-cat then slowly turned around to see the mangled body of her dear brother. "Ashtail!" Flintfur cried. She was too distracted to notice before, but another scent lingered here. It wasn’t a fox, a badger, a dog.. It was another cat. Why did it have to be my brother! She screeched, surprised as a heavy weight clung onto her back with unsheathed claws. She reared up, but then flopped down as the mysterious cat delivered a deep slash. "No!" She gasped. The brambles rustled as the killer rushed away from the scene. Blood oozed out of the large gash on her flank, as Flintfur realized she was quickly losing blood. She weakly crawled over to the body of her brother and curled up next to him. The queen whispered the names of her kits, hoping they would be safe without her. "I will watch over you from the stars, my loves." She closed her eyes.

"Flintfur, Flintfur get up." A voice whispered, jabbing her in the side with a paw. She grumbled and swatted her paw towards the voice. "Flintfur!" Finally, she sprung up. She glared at the cat who was speaking.

"Nobody told me I was supposed to be on the dawn patrol!" She snapped. "So, I can go back to sleep.” A small voice reminded her of something and Flintfur realized where she was. She looked down and saw her body, lifeless, curled up next to her brother, Ashtail, as a last blessing granted from StarClan. "I-I'm dead." She stammered. She looked over at Ashtail. "You're dead too." Her brother nodded solemnly. Flintfur looked at the other cat, who was identical to her except for her beautiful long fur, and blinked. "Mother?"

Duskwing looked at her only daughter, her gaze full of love. "Yes, it is me."

Flintfur pressed against her mother. "I've missed you so much!" She purred. "I have kits now too. Their names are Blackkit and Nightkit. Featherpelt's their father."

Duskwing looked pained. "I'm so proud of you, but we need to go. You can see your father in StarClan."

Flintfur stopped and stepped back, staring blankly at her family. "StarClan." She said quietly. "We're in StarClan now."

Ashtail pressed against his sister. "I know it's hard, but we have to watch over our Clanmates now. I'm going to miss Frostflight and Snowkit, but I still get to see them, and watch Snowkit grow up. You get to watch over your kits too."

Flintfur looked down at her paws. "You're right." She said. “I would be without you if StarClan hadn’t decided it was my time.” Looking up at Duskwing with newfound acceptance at her death, she took a deep breath. “I’m ready.”

Duskwing started walking away. "Come," she said. "There's something I need to tell you...."

JaxenAmethyst
March 12th, 2017, 01:08 PM
I absolutely love it. I'm surprised no one commented yet x3

The Mad Katter
March 12th, 2017, 01:09 PM
I absolutely love it. I'm surprised no one commented yet x3
Hey, they could still be reading it. And there aren't as many people online as there usually is.

Phoenix Flames
March 12th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Hey, they could still be reading it. And there aren't as many people online as there usually is.
True.

Phoenix Flames
March 12th, 2017, 04:18 PM
(Should we start Chapter 3 on Google Docs?)

The Mad Katter
March 12th, 2017, 04:48 PM
(Should we start Chapter 3 on Google Docs?)
Lets continue editing our current chapters until I can get on a computer. I have an idea on how to start chapter 3.

Phoenix Flames
March 12th, 2017, 04:55 PM
Lets continue editing our current chapters until I can get on a computer. I have an idea on how to start chapter 3.
Okay.

No One's Beeswax
March 12th, 2017, 05:02 PM
This is very well written...*coughIliterallyonlyeditedtheprolougecou gh* *Winks*

The Mad Katter
March 14th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Chapter 1
"Snowkit! Leave her alone!" Silverkit felt a prod in her side and snuggled deeper into the warm fur of her mother beside her.

"I'm just trying to help her open her eyes!”

Silverkit mewled in protest and swung her head around towards the sound of the voice, her eyes still tightly closed. She gave a little growl and then wiggled forward until she found her mother’s leg. Using her small nose, she snuggled underneath it and sighed contentedly, feeling safe with her mother’s leg draped over her back. A tug on her tail caused her to growl once again and attempt to stand on her wobbly legs. A huff escaped her muzzle as she fell. A cold nose pressed against her side and supported her as she tried again to stand. Finally, she stood, albeit being a bit wobbly. Then, the next step came. Silverkit was determined to open her eyes and show this annoying kit who they were messing with. With difficulty, Silverkit cracked open her eyes, little by little, adjusting to the sunlight that shone through small openings in the nursery. The world awaiting her was amazing and she gazed around in awe. She didn’t know why she didn’t open her eyes sooner. Her eyes landed on a grey she-cat and she looked up at her eyes. Her breath caught and she was transfixed by the she-cat’s eyes. They were beautiful.

"Hello, little one." Dovetail nuzzled her daughter.

"What color are my eyes?" Silverkit asked, cocking her head. She then added another question. “What color are your eyes?” Silverkit, being a newborn, didn’t know what color her mother’s eyes were and was curious to find out.
Dovetail wrapped her tail around Silverkit, drawing her closer. “My eyes are blue. Blue is the color of the sky,” she gazed into Silverkit’s eyes, thinking. “Your eyes are blue, but they look more like the deep waters of the lake. It’s beautiful.”

Silverkit's eyes widened. "Woah! Cool!" She ran over to another kit, her sister. "Poolkit! Wake up!" Her sister swatted a small paw at her and rolled over, her back to Silverkit. Silverkit prodded her again. Poolkit opened her eyes and rolled over to stare grumpily at Silverkit.

"What?" Poolkit said grumpily. Silverkit stared as Poolkit watched her. "What?" Poolkit asked again.

Silverkit shook her head. "Uh, nothing important." She looked around the nursery as she thought about Poolkit’s eyes. Her eyes look just like Dovetail's! She thought, trying not to be jealous. She straightened when she remembered what her mother had told her. Dovetail thinks my eyes are beautiful. They’re blue like the lake. Silverkit didn’t know what the lake was, but she assumed it was pretty.

“She opened her eyes!" A squeal brought Silverkit out of her thoughts. She looked at the fluffy white she-cat sitting in front of her. She had pretty blue eyes too. Silverkit scrambled out of her nest to talk to her.

"Hi! I'm Snowkit!" The white she-kit squealed excitedly

"I'm Silverkit," she replied, somewhat flinching at the assault on her ears.

Snowkit looked back at another white she-cat that looked exactly like her. "Momma? Can we go outside?" She asked eagerly, bouncing up and down.

The white she-cat, Frostflight, purred. "Of course, dear."

Silverkit looked at her mother. “Can I?” she asked.

Dovetail nodded. "Be careful!" She called as they raced out of the nursery. She fondly shook her head at their excitement.

"Where should we go first?" Snowkit asked Silverkit.

She looked around and was almost knocked over as Poolkit raced past her. She looked to where Poolkit was going and saw a golden tom. She tilted her head. “Who’s that?” She whispered to Snowkit.

Snowkit looked at Silverkit strangely. “He’s your uncle,” she told Silverkit, still giving her a strange look. She suddenly shook her head. “Oh, wait. You wouldn’t know him. You still had your eyes closed when he came to visit.” Silverkit nodded silently, and inhaled deeply as they padded closer. She remembered his scent now, an unknown tom would visit them sometimes, but she never paid any attention to him, preferring to stay with familiar scents.

Poolkit had knocked him over and pummeled his side with her paws. "You're back!" Lionclaw looked surprised at being suddenly attacked by his niece, who was no larger than a magpie.

The Mad Katter
March 15th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Lionclaw stood up, letting Poolkit slide off his smooth pelt."I'm sorry, little one. I can't play right now, I have to speak with Robinstar."

Poolkit looked disappointed. Lionclaw saw the saddened expression and quickly spoke. "Why don't you go explore the camp? I'm sure the elders have some great stories to tell. And don't forget to bring Bramblesky a vole!"

Silverkit jumped up, excited at the prospect of a story. "Race you to the fresh-kill pile!" She yowled to her sister and friend. Snowkit quickly dashed off along with Poolkit. Silverkit struggled to catch up. She went as fast as her little legs could take her and barreled into Snowkit, who had stopped.

Snowkit screeched as she landed headfirst into the fresh-kill pile. Silverkit watched, waiting for her to reappear. Snowkit reemerged carrying a vole. "I got a vole!" She said as she tumbled out of the fresh-kill. Two nearby warriors quietly laughed as Snowkit fell onto her face. She stood up indignantly and turned to the warriors. "It's not funny!" She snarled.

The light brown tom laughed even harder. "I'm sorry," he said, his voice clearly saying he wasn't. "New kits, fresh out of the nursery. And then you fall on your face!" The other tom, ginger with a white tail tip, paws, and chest, tried to keep a straight face as Snowkit unsheathed her tiny claws, her fur standing end. Finally, he couldn't take it any more. He started laughing as well, until Snowkit leaped onto the brown tom’s back. He screeched and tried to throw her off, but she clung on like a stubborn burr.

"This'll teach you to laugh at me!" Snowkit snarled, baring her tiny, sharp teeth. She scrabbled her paws on the warrior's spine and he screeched in pain and shock.

The ginger warrior chuckled. "Oh no! The vicious kit is attacking! I trained you well, but nothing could prepare you for this!" He said mockingly.

"Thorncloud! It's not funny!" The light brown warrior said as he tried to throw Snowkit off his back.

"Oh, but it is, Brackenclaw!"

Brackenclaw snarled at him and rolled over, causing Snowkit to get crushed beneath him. "Hey!" She squeaked, popping her head out. Snowkit clawed at the ground until Brackenclaw finally rolled off her.

Snowkit snarled at Brackenclaw one last time before she picked up her vole, and stalked off with her head held high. Silverkit recovered first. She walked to the fresh kill pile and picked up a finch for the elders. Poolkit followed and picked up a mouse. As Silverkit walked past Brackenclaw and Thorncloud, she looked at Brackenclaw with mock pity. "You must be so sore, after being beat by a kit like that."

Brackenclaw growled with barely contained rage as Silverkit dashed away, laughing. She arrived at the elders den with Poolkit and ducked into the honeysuckle bush. Snowkit was there, giving her vole to a black and brown she-cat. Silverkit walked over to a mottled she-cat and placed her finch at her paws. Poolkit did the same with a red tom. Snowkit sat in front of the young looking black and brown elder. “Hi, Bramblesky! Can you tell us a story please?”

She nodded. "What story?"

Poolkit jumped up. "The fire!" She squeaked.

Silverkit leaned forward. She hadn’t heard about this ‘fire’ before.

The elder sighed. "There's not much to tell. It was just a fire, swept through our territory and killed many cats."

Snowkit leaned forward. "How did it start? Who was killed? When and how did it end?"

Bramblesky's eyes widened. "Woah there, little one. Slow down." She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Then she spoke. "It was long before you were born, on a cold night in leaf-bare. Everybody was asleep, and Thorncloud was on watch. He was a young warrior then, had a tough time staying awake. Now, I had been deputy for three moons when this fire struck, swift as a snake." Bramblesky opened her eyes. "It spread faster than greencough, and twice as deadly. It was nearly at the thorn tunnel before Thorncloud warned the rest of the Clan. Nobody knows for sure how it started, but it was no ordinary fire. As I said, it spread faster than any fire I've ever seen."

Silverkit widened her eyes. "Who died?" She said quietly.

Bramblesky looked sad. "Your father, for one."

The silver she-cat tilted her head. “Blizzardtuft? How?”

Bramblesky looked into the distance, recalling distant memories. "Blizzardtuft rushed around making sure everyone was safe. He got the queens and elders out first. He tried to get your mother out too, but she wouldn't take it. Back then, she had just told Blizzardtuft she was expecting you two," she said, nodding towards Poolkit and Silverkit. "Anyway," she continued, "she wouldn't go. Said she was fit enough to help. He sent her to check the dens with me, Lionclaw, and Rowanheart."

Snowkit shook her head. "But that was extremely dangerous, wasn't it? If the fire was almost in the camp."

Bramblesky nodded in approval. "That's right, but he knew she would be fine with Lionclaw. Blizzardtuft helped the other cats out of the camp by climbing the rock wall." Bramblesky swallowed hard and blinked twice. "But," she said, her voice cracking, "he fell. After he got everybody out, he fell and hit his head on a rock. The camp was in flames by then, the only protected place was the Highledge. After we realized he wasn't with us, I went down to get him. I grabbed him and saw that the grass at the top of the rocks was in flames. So, I dragged him through the flames and by the time I reached the Highledge, he was conscious again. I helped him climb up to Robinstar's den first, and then I started to climb. By that time, the fire was close enough to singe my legs. I lost my balance and fell. I landed very close to the fire, and it burned my leg badly." She stretched out her injured back leg to indicate which one. "Blizzardtuft climbed down and helped me up. He saved my life at the cost of his. I reached the top and turned around to help him, but he was gone. You could hear him screeching. It was horrifying. The fire swallowed him." Bramblesky was whispering now. "I stayed in Robinstar's den until the rain came. We never found his body, my leg never healed, and my lungs were torn apart by the smoke. We lost elders, Blizzardtuft, my kits!" Her voice rose to a wail. "My poor kits!"

The Mad Katter
March 15th, 2017, 10:57 AM
Snowkit scooted over to press herself against Bramblesky. She started to lick her shoulder, whispering soothing words.

Bramblesky curled up around Snowkit, closing her eyes. "Blackkit, Tigerkit, Cherrykit, Mommy's here for you. You'll be fine. Nothing will ever happen to you ever again."

Silverkit and Poolkit exchanged glances and started backing out of the elders den.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Highledge for a Clan meeting!"

They all heard the summons and the mottled she-cat said, "Go. We will take care of her."

Snowkit gently stepped out of Bramblesky's nest. She dipped her head. "Thank you, Specklefoot."

Silverkit, Poolkit, and Snowkit ran out into the clearing and sat next to Frostflight and Dovetail. Dovetail looked at them fondly. "Did you have a good day?" She asked.

Silverkit nodded her head vigorously. "Yes!" She squeaked. "Bramblesky told us the story about the fire."

Dovetail's eyes darkened and she shushed them as Robinstar started speaking. "Five apprentices are ready to become warriors. Stormpaw, Mosspaw, Whiskerpaw, Flowerpaw, and Foxpaw, please come forward."

As the apprentices walked forward with their heads held high, Silverkit wondered why she hadn't seen them in camp. As if reading her mind, Snowkit leaned over. "They were probably having their assessment while we were in the elders den." She hissed.

Dovetail gave them both stern looks and shushed them again before turning her attention back to the ceremony.

The strong grey tom sat down, his thick tail curled around his paws. The brown she-cat sat down next to him, and the rest of the apprentices followed. It was obvious they were a crew of troublemakers that stuck together.

Robinstar looked down at them. "I, Robinstar, leader of ThunderClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these five apprentices. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as warriors in their turn."

The apprentices stood up and walked to the bottom of the Highledge, the grey tom in the lead.

"Stormpaw, Mosspaw, Whiskerpaw, Foxpaw, and Flowerpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend this clan, even at the cost of your lives?"

The grey tom, Stormpaw, answered first, his voice strong and determined. "I do."

The rest of the apprentices echoed his words.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior names,"
Robinstar stood in front of Stormpaw. "Stormpaw, from this moment you shall be known as Stormtail. StarClan honors your courage and strength."

Robinstar rested his muzzle on Stormtail's head, and the new warrior gave his shoulder a respectful lick. "Mosspaw," Robinstar continued. "From this moment you shall be known as Mossflower. StarClan honors your determination and intelligence." Mossflower licked his shoulder as his muzzle rested on her head. The rest of the ceremony went on, with Flowerpaw becoming Flowerheart for her kindness and loyalty. Foxpaw was Foxpelt for his cleverness and speed. And finally, Whiskerpaw became Whiskertail for his honesty and wisdom.

As the ceremony ended, the Clan erupted in cheers. "Stormtail! Mossflower! Foxpelt! Flowerheart! Whiskertail!" The new warriors proudly accepted the praise the other cats threw at them as they were bombarded with cats. Rowanheart was right up there with her kits, praising her oldest son, Foxpelt.

Dovetail looked up at the sunset as the cats finished congratulating the warriors. She nudged Silverkit and Poolkit towards the nursery. "It's time to go to sleep, little ones," she said.

Frostflight followed suit. "Come on, Snowkit."

Snowkit looked at her. "Yes, Mama." She mewed drowsily.

Silverkit looked up at her mother. "But I'm not tired!" She protested as she stumbled over her paws.

They reached the nursery and Dovetail gently nudged Silverkit and Poolkit into the nest. Silverkit immediately fell asleep.
-~-
Silverkit padded through a lush forest in awe, filled with the scent of prey and undergrowth. Suddenly, she picked up the scent of mouse. Silverkit dropped into a hunting crouch, surprised that it felt so natural. She stalked forward, carefully placing her paws with precision. She rounded a bush and saw a small pink nose. A mouse was nibbling on a seed. Silverkit shifted her weight and accidentally rustled the leaves on the bush beside her. The mouse perked up, looked around, and, upon seeing her silver form in the shadows, quickly ran away. Silverkit chased after it, weaving around trees and bushes, until she ran into a blue-grey cat. Silverkit slammed back on her haunches and gazed up at the pretty blue she-cat in front of her. "Sorry!" She squeaked.

The blue she-cat purred. "It's okay, little one."

Silverkit cocked her head slightly. "Who are you? You smell like ThunderClan, but I haven't seen you at camp."

The she-cat sat down and swept her tail around her paws. "I'm Dewdrop. I was your current medicine cat's mentor. This is StarClan."

Silverkit widened her eyes. "Am I dead?"

Dewdrop purred again in amusement. "Of course not!" Dewdrop turned serious. "But I must tell you something important. Follow me." Dewdrop swiftly turned and vanished into the undergrowth. Silverkit struggled to keep up. Finally, they arrived in a clearing with a pool in the middle. A white shape was sitting at the edge, staring into the water. She turned when they exploded from the bushes.

"Silverkit!"

Silverkit skidded to a stop. "Snowkit? What are you doing here?"
Snowkit looked at her curiously. "I could ask you the same thing."
She rolled her eyes. "I was chasing a mouse and then I ran into Dewdrop here," she said, indicating the blue cat with her tail. "And she told me to follow her. She also told me that we're in StarClan, I'm not dead, and she was the mentor to our medicine cat."

Snowkit narrowed her eyes. "You want to be a medicine cat too?"

Silverkit tilted her head. Was she...Jealous? "Of course not! I want to be a warrior!"

Dewdrop stepped in between them. "Now, now. Stop bickering, you two. I have something important to show you."

The two she-cats followed Dewdrop to the edge of the pool. "Look into the water," Dewdrop instructed softly.

Silverkit and Snowkit looked intently into the deep blue water that reflected the stars. Slowly, an image started to form. It showed two cats. A black she-cat and a grey tom with a black tail. Snowkit gasped. "It's my father and his sister!"

Dewdrop nodded. "Keep watching."

The two cats walked along. Then they were play-fighting. Ashtail ran off. Flintfur followed him. She found his body. A black cat-like shadow exploded from the bushes and killed Flintfur. The cat ran off and Flintfur died. The images faded. Silverkit looked up at Dewdrop. "Why did you show us this?"

The she-cat was already fading. Her voice echoed through the trees as she told them one last thing.

"Darkness will rise with a thirst for peace, but will only bring death. The ones you love will be lost to a battle you cannot fight."

Silverkit watched as Dewdrop faded completely. Then she turned to Snowkit, who, to her dismay, was fading too. "Don't talk about it!" Snowkit ordered before they both faded away into darkness.

Silverkit woke up with a gasp, and gazed around the nursery. Everyone was still asleep. Good. She thought, before lying down and letting herself drift off into a deep sleep once more.

The Mad Katter
March 15th, 2017, 11:02 AM
-~-

Silverkit sat in the sun, looking around camp. She spotted Snowkit and remembered the dream all those moons ago. She wondered uneasily if they should tell someone, maybe Rosefang. Just as she was thinking that, Snowkit started walking towards her, her expression troubled. She reached Silverkit and opened her mouth to speak to her.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Highledge for a clan meeting."

Silverkit looked up at Robinstar. "It must be our apprentice ceremony!" She exclaimed. Snowkit glanced at Silverkit before dashing away to join her mother and her adopted brothers. Silverkit ran up to her mother.

"Where were you?" She scolded, quickly cleaning Silverkit's fur.

Silverkit impatiently dodged her mother's tongue. "Mom! I'm fine! Just let me go!"

Dovetail sighed fondly and sat back to watch her daughter's apprentice ceremony.

Robinstar stood on top of the Highledge, surveying the cats below. "Today five kits have reached six moons. Silverkit, Poolkit, Snowkit, Nightkit, and Blackkit."

Silverkit kneaded the ground with her paws as she waited nervously. She noticed the black-furred deputy, Featherpelt, staring intently at her. I wonder what that's about, she thought. Her attention turned back to the ceremony as her name was called. She felt her pelt burn with the stares of all the cats on her. Silverkit glanced over at the other apprentices as she walked to the middle. Sunkit, Dawnkit, and Berrykit had already become apprentices. Berrypaw had Lionclaw as her mentor, Sunpaw had Spottedwing, and Dawnpaw had Firepelt.

Robinstar looked down at her. "Until you receive your warrior name, you shall be known as Silverpaw. I ask StarClan to watch over you and guide you until you find in your paws the strength and courage of a warrior."

Silverpaw trembled in excitement as she waited for her mentor to be called. I wonder who it is! Maybe it's Featherpelt! Imagine being trained by the deputy!

"Brackenclaw."

Silverpaw froze. Brackenclaw? She looked over at the brown tom, seeing that he was just as shocked as she was.

"You were a great mentor to Foxpelt and he has turned into a formidable warrior. I trust you to pass on those same skills to Silverpaw."

Brackenclaw forced himself to move. "Of course, Robinstar." He said smoothly, dipping his head.

Silverpaw reached up and touched her nose to Brackenclaw's, trying not to betray how shocked she was. The Clan cheered for her, Dovetail being the loudest.

Robinstar called Poolkit towards the Highledge.

Poolkit walked forward and sat beside her leader.

"Until you receive your warrior name you will be known as Poolpaw. Foxpelt will be your mentor." Robinstar looked at the young tom. "You may be young, but you are a patient hunter and a skilled fighter. Pass on these skills to Poolpaw."

Foxpelt dipped his head. "She will become a great warrior."

Poolpaw blinked as the large russet tom loomed over her. His amber eyes flashed as she flinched away from him. He gently murmured to her, "It's okay, I don't bite." Poolpaw blinked again and touched noses with him.
Silverpaw cheered for her sister, along with the other apprentices.

"Snowkit." Robinstar announced. "From this day until you receive your warrior name you will be known as Snowpaw. Rosefang will mentor you."

The Clan cheered again, Silverpaw cheering loudest, proud of her friend. Her best friend was a medicine cat! A purr welled up in Silverpaw's throat.

Rosefang padded forward until she was standing in front of Snowpaw. The ThunderClan leader continued. "I trust you to train her to be a medicine cat ThunderClan can be proud of."

Rosefang nodded. "She will, Robinstar." Snowpaw touched noses with her new mentor, her eyes gleaming with excitement.

Robinstar glanced at the cats around him. "Nightkit." The black kit walked forward on trembling legs. "Until you receive your warrior name you shall be known as Nightpaw."

Frostflight led the cheer this time, her eyes brimming with pride for her adopted kit.

"Mossflower!" Robinstar called the young warrior up. "You will mentor Nightpaw. Teach him as Featherpelt taught you."

The brown she-cat stalked over to Nightpaw. He trembled under her piercing green gaze, but bravely reached up to touch her muzzle with his own.

"And last, but not least, Blackkit. Come forward." Blackkit stalked confidently into the clearing of cats. Robinstar looked amused before continuing with the ceremony. "Until you receive your warrior name you shall be known as Blackpaw."

Robinstar's stare sweeped the cats before landing on a ginger she-cat. "Amberfall. You were my apprentice once. I taught you all I know. Now it is time to pass it to Blackpaw."

Amberfall dipped her head. "Yes, Robinstar." She touched noses with Blackpaw and the clan erupted into cheers.

Silverpaw jumped up and shook out her fur. I will not let having Brackenclaw as a mentor keep me from becoming a great warrior! She looked up at her new mentor. "Where should we go first?"

He stared at her a moment, taken aback by her cheerfulness. "Uh, let's go to the lake today."

He led her to the thorn tunnel, but just as they were about to head out, a voice called them back.

"Brackenclaw!"

Brackenclaw turned, faintly irritated that they were interrupted. Silverpaw peered around him to see Blackpaw hurrying towards them. "Hi, Silverpaw!" He said cheerfully.

Silverpaw sighed. "Hello, Blackpaw."

He jumped around her. "We're coming with you!"

Silverpaw sighed again. "Fantastic."

Brackenclaw looked at her and smirked. "I heard that. The best way for you to learn is to keep a lookout for mistakes."

Amberfall nodded in agreement. “And if you watch others’ mistakes, it’s much easier to point them out, therefore being careful not to do them yourself.”

Silverpaw rolled her eyes and followed her mentor, Amberfall, and Blackpaw out of camp. They trekked up the slope, Blackpaw sniffing everything he could find.

Suddenly, Brackenclaw stopped. "I smell mouse," he hissed to Silverpaw. He flicked his tail towards a bush. "Try to catch it."

Silverpaw nodded and dropped into a hunting crouch, just like in her dream. She quietly pulled herself forward, placing her paws softly on the ground. She could hear the mouse now, nosing around behind the bush. Silverpaw rounded the bush, and saw the mouse. She crouched low, preparing to pounce. She narrowed her eyes, measuring the distance between her and the mouse. Finally, she leaped, her claws extended, reaching for the soft body of the mouse. Silverpaw landed squarely on it and gave it the killing bite to the neck. Its bones crunched satisfyingly and she lifted her head, the small body hanging between her teeth.

Brackenclaw looked impressed. "That was a great bit of stalking you did there. Come on, let's continue the tour of the territory, and don't forget to bury your mouse so we can pick it up later."

Silverpaw buried her mouse and walked past a seemingly amazed Blackpaw, flicking her tail at him as she went past. She gave a little bounce. A mouse on my first day! I can't wait to tell Poolpaw and Snowpaw!

Brackenclaw's voice pulled her back from her thoughts. "Silverpaw! Hurry up!"

Silverpaw shook her head. "Coming!" She called and she ran up the slope to catch up to her mentor.

Phoenix Flames
March 19th, 2017, 04:58 PM
KitKat12 (Remember to post the rest of Chapter 1 on this thread.)

JaxenAmethyst (And remember to edit some more of Chapter 3)

JaxenAmethyst
March 19th, 2017, 05:35 PM

Got it!

The Mad Katter
March 20th, 2017, 08:58 AM

I posted all of Chapter 1

Phoenix Flames
April 3rd, 2017, 04:11 PM
Got it!
I posted all of Chapter 1
You both do remember the Rise of Shadows story on Google Docs, right?

JaxenAmethyst
April 3rd, 2017, 04:19 PM
Yes. I edited it a bit :)

Phoenix Flames
April 3rd, 2017, 04:25 PM
Yes. I edited it a bit :)
Alrighty

The Mad Katter
April 3rd, 2017, 06:38 PM
Yeah. I'll go and edit it this weekend or possible sooner, depending on when I can convince my brother to give me the computer.

dino.
May 9th, 2017, 09:30 AM
Dang, these are really good!