PDA

View Full Version : Sphinx (Open)

Jadedimage
March 7th, 2017, 02:25 AM
(Appearance reference - http://www.catster.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/hero-siberian.jpg )

Sphinx stretched luxuriously as he woke from his nap on the sun-warmed back of his Housefolk's sofa, yawning before he sat up and gave his fur a groom. Once he was satisfied with the state of his fluffy pelt, he hopped to the floor and padded to the cat flap, fluffing his fur up against the cold air outdoors and looking up at the sky briefly before trotting to a bush in the garden, slipping beneath it to make his dirt; once done with that, he leisurely strolled to the fence, hopping up to sit upon one of the posts.

It was a cold day, and newleaf couldn't come too soon for this tom, in spite of the warmth his thick fur provided he, too, felt the cold before long. It didn't truly bother him - not enough to make him stay indoors, at any rate - but newleaf would bring with it the prospect of easier pickings when the birds came to visit the baths his Housefolk had left for them; it had been quite a while since he'd tasted bird, with as easily startled as they are in leafbare.

With an almost anxious shift of his paws, Sphinx scanned his surroundings before dropping off of the fence, setting about a casual meander along the outside of the fence to the front of the house and seating himself on the hard ground the Housefolk had put to walk on, his tail wrapping around his paws as he looked along the Thunderpath, his ears swiveling as he took in the sounds around him.

Spikes
March 7th, 2017, 03:31 AM
A black cat had made his way out of his own house, white front paws padding quietly against the ceramic tiling of his porch. Fluffy tail flowing behind him, he padded down the small steps in front of his house, stopping by the grass just below the stairs.
Licking a paw, he looked up by the fence, brown-splotched ears swivelling slightly. The morning had been lazy so far, which was fine by him, though it was also too quiet for him. He wondered how the neighbours were doing today, if they'd maybe gone out on some form of activity. No harm in checking, he thought.
With quite a chubby build, the cat found it hard to make such a leap atop the fence, so he made sure to put in as much effort as he could into this single leap. Back swaying from side to side, he launched up into the air, landing unsteadily on the white, picket fence surrounding his house. He had to scramble for balance for a bit, which would look quite amusing to any cat watching, though he liked to think nobody would've seen such an embarrassing landing. He peered into the neighbour's yard, just to check if anyone was present.

Jadedimage
March 7th, 2017, 04:50 AM
Sphinx's ear quirked at the sound of a rustle and thump off to his right, and he turned his head curiously just as the black tom was attempting to gain his balance, his ears quirking back a touch as his whiskers twitched in amusement, unable to stop a faint purr that rumbled in his throat, though he quickly stifled it and stilled his whiskers, lest he cause his neighbor any embarrassment when he righted himself.

Rising to his paws, he stretched again, having grown a bit stiff-limbed on the cold pavers, giving each paw a delicate shake before he padded over toward the fences, his fluffy tail raised in a friendly manner,

"Good morning! I was beginning to think I was the only cat brave enough to bare the cold so early." He greeted him, his voice rife with an amused purr at the more finicky of the cats that lived in the Twolegplace.

Spikes
March 7th, 2017, 05:01 AM
The tom, with balance now regained, stepped slowly along the fence, as if to show that he wasn't as clumsy as his earlier stunt may have seemed. Although this wasn't helping his cause, as he wobbled slightly with every step he took along the narrow top of the fence. Deciding the act was too risky, he stayed still for now, tail raised up as its fluffy tip qwavered slightly.
"Yes... Morning." the tom mewed a soft response back, still concentrating on his balance atop the fence. He wondered why it was even there, if he couldn't even stand atop it without wavering from side to side. It seemed rather pointless. "The cold isn't such a bother... Well, not yet anyway." he purred back, glad to have a friendly neighbour to talk with. He would've hated a grumpy old cat to live nextdoor, the time would slow down immensely with company like that.

Jadedimage
March 7th, 2017, 05:15 AM
His head had tilted slightly at the wobbling fence, his eyes slightly baffled-looking as though he were wondering the same thing the tom was, and he had to resist the urge to prod at the pickets - little good would come of that, he was certain, though his curiosity made him ponder if the thing was stuck more than a mouse-length in the ground,

"Certainly not; at least unless it's snowing. Nothing like a wet pelt to make a cat feel the cold! Well, between that and those, anyway." He gestured toward the pavers with his latter statement, his whiskers twitching, "I always wonder why Housefolk do such strange things; I can't make sense of it, myself. The fences, the flat rocks in the ground, the stone ponds for the birds... although at least that can make for a meal now and again!"

Spikes
March 7th, 2017, 05:23 AM
The tom chuckled softly, amused his remark. "Ah, so much for that. My housefolk never let me near the things." slowly taking a seat atop the fence, he tilted his head up slightly, looking at the clouds. "Mind you I couldn't be bothered to try, anyway... I don't understand why it matters so much to them." tilting his head to the side, he moved a front paw to a more comfortable position atop a separate fence post.

dino.
March 7th, 2017, 05:29 AM
(Is this still open?)

Silvershadow
March 7th, 2017, 07:38 AM
Silver padded out of her small den which lay inside of a thorn bush. She stretched and yawned. The silver she-cat looked up at the blue sky and wondered if there was any prey out.

She padded over to a tall fence and curled her tail around her paws, listening for any signs of movement.

Jadedimage
March 8th, 2017, 02:28 AM
(Is this still open?)
(( It is! :) ))

Jadedimage
March 8th, 2017, 02:36 AM
The tom chuckled softly, amused his remark. "Ah, so much for that. My housefolk never let me near the things." slowly taking a seat atop the fence, he tilted his head up slightly, looking at the clouds. "Mind you I couldn't be bothered to try, anyway... I don't understand why it matters so much to them." tilting his head to the side, he moved a front paw to a more comfortable position atop a separate fence post.

Silver padded out of her small den which lay inside of a thorn bush. She stretched and yawned. The silver she-cat looked up at the blue sky and wondered if there was any prey out.

She padded over to a tall fence and curled her tail around her paws, listening for any signs of movement.

Sphinx's whiskers twitched as he let out an amused purr, "Perhaps they like to keep them around like those mouse-brained, yappy dogs?" He offered, "Who knows why Housefolk do much of anything, really." He blinked, then, tilting his head as his ears flicked back in a sheepish manner; here they were chatting away and he had forgotten to introduce himself! "My name's Sphinx - although I'm not any too sure what that means." He added with an amused flick of his tail before his ear swiveled and he looked over his shoulder.

He picked up the scent of another cat, and he opened his mouth to taste the air. A she-cat, he decided, though not one he had met before, and his pale golden gaze turned curious as he scanned about for the owner of the scent, his tail tip flicking, "I wonder who that is?" He murmured, half to himself.

Spikes
March 8th, 2017, 02:45 AM
Sphinx's whiskers twitched as he let out an amused purr, "Perhaps they like to keep them around like those mouse-brained, yappy dogs?" He offered, "Who knows why Housefolk do much of anything, really." He blinked, then, tilting his head as his ears flicked back in a sheepish manner; here they were chatting away and he had forgotten to introduce himself! "My name's Sphinx - although I'm not any too sure what that means." He added with an amused flick of his tail before his ear swiveled and he looked over his shoulder.

He picked up the scent of another cat, and he opened his mouth to taste the air. A she-cat, he decided, though not one he had met before, and his pale golden gaze turned curious as he scanned about for the owner of the scent, his tail tip flicking, "I wonder who that is?" He murmured, half to himself.
The cat's eyes widened as he heard the cat introduce himself, remembering that he himself hadn't done the same. Another embarrassing act... He took pride in his conversations, but it appeared that he had gotten off of track. He wasn't too worried, however, as the other cat seemed to be experiencing the same. "Right, right! Hello, Sphinx." he purred softly, nodding his head slowly. "I'm Jazz, but I couldn't tell for the life of me why that's my name, either. I like the ring it has to it, though."

Stopping as his new acquaintance seemed to sense something in the air, he paused to check for scent. His was a bit rusty, though he understood what Sphinx was talking about. Another cat was nearby, and as he always told himself, life's always more fun in a group! He glanced back at Sphinx with a questioning look, tail waving slightly. "Should we... Investigate?"

dino.
March 8th, 2017, 05:31 AM
(( It is! :) ))
Just making sure. Ty! )

A small white tom was watching the two nearby. He looked to be about 9 moons old, with emerald green eyes. A blue collar hung around his neck, signaling he was a kittypet. He sensed the mood change around the two. Maybe curious? A tad hostile? He couldn't make it out.

Silvershadow
March 8th, 2017, 07:19 AM
Silver sniffed the air, her ears pricked. She caught the scent of two toms and wondered who the owners were. She stood and fallowed the trail, her tail held high. A moment later, she came upon the two toms.

wickedvirtues
March 25th, 2017, 09:40 PM
The small snowshoe she-cat wandered across the sidewalk, the stone cold under her paws as she scanned the area she had walked into. She widened her blue eyes as two-legs walked past her. She shrunk back as they tried too touch her, containing a hiss as she slunk away and curled up in a little discarded soft thing. 'Look where you got yourself this time, Mask..' she thought, curling up to sleep.

wickedvirtues
March 25th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Mask's neck had a torn, once pretty pink collar. She wondered where her two-leg went when she hadn't been fed in days, so she decided to look for him. Her friend Mist, a silver tom, had begged her not to go. "I should have listened to you, Mist. Now i'm here." She mewed to herself, ears lowered as she slumped her head into her paws.

https://purrfectcatbreeds.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/snowshoe-cat2.jpg

(Here is what Mask looks like)

wickedvirtues
March 29th, 2017, 05:43 PM
Mask groggily opened her eyes, grooming down her fur and yawning, her tail curled around her, she decided to try and find food. She still saw no sign of her housefolks, sighing, she stood to her paws and twitched her ear. 'They have to be here somewhere!'

(Open)

wickedvirtues
April 11th, 2017, 06:22 PM
Mask groggily opened her eyes, grooming down her fur and yawning, her tail curled around her, she decided to try and find food. She still saw no sign of her housefolks, sighing, she stood to her paws and twitched her ear. 'They have to be here somewhere!'

(Open)

Mask decided to go out and search around this area, sitting around would get her no closer than waiting at her two-leg nest. She glanced down the street, keeping herself hidden from the two-legs walking around as she tried to find her own. The occasional dog would spot her and bark and the occasional other house cat on a walk would talk for a bit, but that was about it for any communication with her. The two-legs who did see her ignored her or just tried to give her dry flavorless food, though she accepted and gave them a purr of thanks since she wasn't sure how to, or excited to learn how to, hunt.
By the end of the day, her stomach was full of little treats the two-legs had given her, but she still didn't know where hers was.