PDA

View Full Version : [Quest for the Moors]

Fel
October 12th, 2016, 10:17 AM
My name is Galei, and I am here to reclaim what my mother once lost.

Once upon a time, when morale was low and good health came to few, during the first evil era, a warrior ran from her clan in fear- she ran from Windclan, and made her home in a small forest, with lichens and moss growing as far as the eye could see, and rays of sunlight poured in through the treetops. Her name was Breezerunner, and her name said it all- like most from her clan, the light gray molly was gifted with the skill to run quickly it lmost seemed like she was the wind itself. However, while escaping, one of her hind legs was caught by a thorn, and with no medicine cat there, it became infected and soon spread to the entire leg, forcing her to stop running, to stop being herself. Eventually Breezerunner found a mate, an unnamed loner who left her soon after due to a fear of responsibility. She bore two kits, and one of them died soon after birth- but the other lived, even as Breezefall slowly succumbed to the infection. That kit's name was Galei, and she's grown up now- living by herself for awhile now after her mother's passing. She'd been told stories of Windclan, and now wishes for only one thing- to return. She's going on a quest for the moors her mother once called home.

This is Gale's story, set in a marshy grotto on the outskirts of Shadowclan territory, where the rain has left her small den to cave in. She has left this place now, but isn't very far on her way, still wading through the swamp at this point in time.

Cringing awkwardly as she stepped her paws through the mucky soil, Galei turned her nose up at the feeling, trying not to express verbal discomfort with her environment, though it was obvious she hated this feeling. She loved to run on open fields, like her mother had once- like the stories she told. I've got to keep moving, so I'll be able to make it here on time- who knows when this storm will have the possibility to relapse and hit me again? Like most cats, Galei despised getting wet, whether it was mud, rain, or even just river water. Taking the swamp head-on, the loner carefully lifted her paws up one-by one, resisiting the urge to shake the mud off right away- knowing the next step could be even deeper. She was picky about what happened to her, but the molly had a goal to achive, something she wanted to do. Windclan, it was like a fairy tale- a dream. Her mother talked about the kind leader Dapplestar and the strong deputy Infernosky- and sure, her stories were scary sometimes, like the talk of the evil leader Eternalstar- but Galei could handle it- she always could handle the tales. "...It's got to be better now, because she said that Windclan never backed down in the face of adversity- we run like the wind." She mumbled, keeping up her pace as she waded through the muddy, murky water.

fab.fox
October 12th, 2016, 01:23 PM
a slender figure was heavily breathing under the trees, out of breath over the long run here. she took a moment to catch her breath, then looked above her at the fine trees above her, sighing blissfully. "the one thing windclan will never have. trees." the cat sauntered across the moors, breathing in the scents of lichens and moss. brindlepoppy stretched out her legs, letting the damp ground run between her paws. she collasped to the ground purposefully, gradually calming down to the sun in her face.

Bram246
October 12th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Shaking each paw of mud the dark brown tabby she cat scanned the trees. "I just had to walk through mud to get here.", spitting mud",Oh cats sents were here! I must investigate!", Bramble huffed,"I told myself. Now look!", she kept licking and spitting mud.

Fel
October 13th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Grumbling to herself, Galei trudged across the path she'd set for herself quietly, ignoring the sky above her, which had begun to turn darker as she'd set off on a hunt for this clan she'd heard about- My mother- Breezerunner- she taught me about what they did there, and how they believed in a clan above our heads, a clan of the stars. ...I hope they're watching over me tonight, to guide me safely towards my goal. Taking each pawstep with a confident but tired stride, the molly held back a stiff yawn as she walked. There wasn't any scents she could figure out in this mess of smells, with the strong, brilliant trace of pine trees overruling all the other living creatures in this area. Galei was used to living alone, but making a journey like this, without any friends to guide you on your way, it was a dangerous path. She didn't even know how this clan of wind runners smelled, because her mother was too late to describe it, too late to ever talk to Galei again.

Bram246
October 13th, 2016, 11:20 AM
Bramble walked on the path after cleaning her paws. She smelled cats in all different directions it gave her headache.

fab.fox
October 13th, 2016, 05:14 PM
Grumbling to herself, Galei trudged across the path she'd set for herself quietly, ignoring the sky above her, which had begun to turn darker as she'd set off on a hunt for this clan she'd heard about- My mother- Breezerunner- she taught me about what they did there, and how they believed in a clan above our heads, a clan of the stars. ...I hope they're watching over me tonight, to guide me safely towards my goal. Taking each pawstep with a confident but tired stride, the molly held back a stiff yawn as she walked. There wasn't any scents she could figure out in this mess of smells, with the strong, brilliant trace of pine trees overruling all the other living creatures in this area. Galei was used to living alone, but making a journey like this, without any friends to guide you on your way, it was a dangerous path. She didn't even know how this clan of wind runners smelled, because her mother was too late to describe it, too late to ever talk to Galei again.

brindlepoppy had been lying down, her ears hearing the echoing sounds of faint footsteps on the old path someone had made ages ago. she made an expression of confusion, and jerked her head up, breathing the thick air for a more- conflicting scent that didn't match. the warrior arose to her feet once again, graceless but diligent. she reached the point where a faded mess up of footsteps was right in front of her. "hmph. someone must live here." looking more closely, the molly realized that these footsteps weren't as old they were faded. she raised her head, looking around suddenly. brindlepoppy hesitated, then passively roared in the trees. "is anyone there?"

Fel
October 13th, 2016, 05:46 PM
brindlepoppy had been lying down, her ears hearing the echoing sounds of faint footsteps on the old path someone had made ages ago. she made an expression of confusion, and jerked her head up, breathing the thick air for a more- conflicting scent that didn't match. the warrior arose to her feet once again, graceless but diligent. she reached the point where a faded mess up of footsteps was right in front of her. "hmph. someone must live here." looking more closely, the molly realized that these footsteps weren't as old they were faded. she raised her head, looking around suddenly. brindlepoppy hesitated, then passively roared in the trees. "is anyone there?"

"..." Galei remained silent as she walked, unaware that there might be cats who had noticed her pawsteps and wondered who she was- her main goal was at least leaving this forest, which seemed impossible for the loner who had never left it before, always having lived here. She never strayed, and there wasn't much making her even think about leaving- except her mother's tales, and the ideas of adventures throughout her dreams. Suddenly, in a forest of quiet, a yowl rang out through the trees, and the molly shuddered in surprise, as the cat asked if anyone was out and walking throughout the woods- Now this, this is something I'd call an adventure! It wasn't a question of if Galei would respond to this, but a prediction- she was somebody who'd never met anyone but her family members and a few passing rouges, and she was just excited to figure out who was out here with her. "...Me! I'm out here!" Meowing the greeting as loudly as she could, the loner sat down awkwardly to await a response from the stranger.

Bram246
October 13th, 2016, 06:01 PM
Hearing yowls in the forest and on the path Bramble walked quickly to the voices. Being very cautious of what she might find.