PDA

View Full Version : The Wondering Caravan

Bram246
October 12th, 2016, 10:15 AM
(Not seeing any post on Beyond the Territory/Wasteland I decided to do a forum for fun.)
Bramble is a dark brown tabby she cat with light brown eyes has traveled a long way. Away from the clans, twolegs, the city, anything really. Constantly wondering in hopes of finding something. Hopes of finding a home.
All cats are welcomed to join!

Bram246
October 12th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Bramble woke up starving. She had her paws wrapped in cobwebs. Walking over the heated ground for months made her paws bleed leaving dry bloody pawprints behind. Getting up she looked at her den. It was a jumbled mess of twigs and leaves she rushed to make after a storm. The den laid next to a fence near a forest. Bramble licked water off the leaves,'I haven't seen any water near here. Barely any prey either.,' she chuckled,'I let myself starve for nothing.'

BluBunnie
October 12th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Cloud open his odd colored eyes and yawned. He stood sleepily and shook his once white fur, it was now tangled and a dirty brown/gray color. His left eye was mint green while the other was a mud brown. Cloud gave up on grooming his long, white pelt a while ago, he found it too much work to do if it was just going to get dirty again. Cloud narrowed his eyes as he scanned the area around him then sniffed the air, "No prey or water." He grumbled as he shook his fur and began to walk.

Bram246
October 12th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Bramble stalk a mouse. It looked so plump in her eyes her paws started shaking. The mouse heard it and ran. Running after the mouse Bramble dodged trees and bushes never looking away from the mouse.

BluBunnie
October 12th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Cloud kept walking until he found the scent of a mouse, but soon he also caught a whiff of another cat around. Cloud grumbled a bit and continued to follow the mouse's sweet scent to see if the cat had caught it. He walked for a few moments and then noticed the brown cat, not far from him, chasing the mouse. Cloud sighed and decided to observe the cat with his odd colored orbs, since he had nothing better to do.

Bram246
October 12th, 2016, 11:03 AM
Bramble jumped towards the mouse. She rolled to a tree looking at her paws. She squeaked in happiness at the dead mouse. "I FINALLY CAUGHT SOMETHING!",she got up and shook herself. Eating the mouse she ignored the sent of a cat.

BluBunnie
October 12th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Cloud chuckled as he heard the cats yelp of joy. He purred and walked up to the younger cat, "Hello there, I'm not here to take your prey. I just thought you looked excited when you caught it. When was the last time you ate?" He asked.

Bram246
October 12th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Bramble looked at the dirty cat with blood dripping from her mouth,"I guess a month ago? Maybe? I've been walking around for moons searching for a place.", she got up and smiled,"I haven't seen any cat here since the storm a few days ago! I'm Bramble!"

BluBunnie
October 12th, 2016, 11:28 AM
Cloud nodded, "I have been wandering as well, but I ate a few days ago. I'm glad you found that mouse." Cloud purred. "I'm Cloud, nice to meet you!"

Bram246
October 12th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Bramble continued eating the rest of the mouse,"Do you have a den nearby Cloud?",she curious about why the tom was so dirty.

BluBunnie
October 12th, 2016, 11:39 AM
"Oh.. No, I just wander from place to place. Trying to find somewhere I fit in." he mewed quietly.

Bram246
October 12th, 2016, 11:42 AM
"Well I do have a den but I haven't build much on it.", Bramble buried the mouse carcass,"Maybe moss would keep it together?", she muttered to herself.

BluBunnie
October 12th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Cloud nodded and looked at Bramble for a few moments, "Maybe I could help you improve your den?" He asked after a while.

Bram246
October 12th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Bramble pricked her ears,"Really?!", she walked to her den,"It's this way!"

BluBunnie
October 12th, 2016, 12:45 PM
Cloud purred and nodded. He followed Bramble and started to get lost in his thoughts.

Bram246
October 12th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Bramble smiled in front of her twiggy den,"Here it is! So what do we do?"

BluBunnie
October 12th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Cloud took a few moments to observe the den. "... Well I let's start by gathering some stronger sticks, moss and maybe some cobwebs." He stated. "That should make it stronger and since there is two of us maybe it'll be easier to find those items!"

Bram246
October 12th, 2016, 01:15 PM
"Okay!", Bramble ran off finding sticks and moss. 'I found a cat!', picked up a stick,'I found a cat!', she hummed happily gathering sticks and balls of moss.

BluBunnie
October 12th, 2016, 01:27 PM
Cloud purred quietly and began sniffing around for cobwebs and moss. He knew that there had to be cobwebs around this dirty place somewhere. He found a few here and there and wrapped them around his tail.

Bram246
October 12th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Coming back the den Bramble dropped the sticks and shook the moss off her fur. She stretched the moss out into two beddings. Lifting the den with the sticks she started making the wall.

BluBunnie
October 12th, 2016, 02:35 PM
Cloud came back with his tail covered in cobwebs and with some large sticks in his jaws. He drops everything inside of the den and starts working on the inside.

Bram246
October 12th, 2016, 02:41 PM
"Do you need help with your fur?", Bramble ask pulling the moss beds into the den.

BluBunnie
October 13th, 2016, 11:49 AM
Cloud looked at Bramble in confusion, no cat had ever asked to help groom his fur so he wasn't sure how to respond. "Um..." he said quietly.

Bram246
October 13th, 2016, 11:54 AM
"You don't want your fur falling off. Besides", Bramble gathered more moss,"you don't look much like a cloud."

BluBunnie
October 13th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Cloud had the laugh at she-cats last statement, it was very true. Cloud purred and nodded his head, "Sure it might be nice having it clean for once. Thank you!"

Bram246
October 13th, 2016, 01:01 PM
"You're welcome! Do we need more sticks or moss?", Bramble looked around her new den.

doghouse
October 28th, 2016, 02:29 PM
The dirty once-white molly sat down awkwardly and gave her mud covered almost gray fur a few licks. It was greasy and dull, and she definitely had fleas. She flicked a ragged torn ear, fed up with even trying. To her, trying was useless. It never got her anywhere. And it never had, never would. She'd tried to find her way home, and that'd turned out great. In other words, the ragged molly failed in everything, except managing to get even farther from where she'd tried to get. She looked around, her emerald green orbs dull with hopelessness. She'd lost faith in everything that she had once cared for. She stood, one hind leg not supporting her weight properly, and so, as she moved, it gave her a slight limp. The never ceasing pain of hunger clawed her stomach, and thirst toretore at her throat. She limped to a half dead bush and curled up in its meager shade. She felt like sleeping, and never rousing, but something told her to stay awake. So the ragged, dirty molly stayed awake, watching the sky, feeling no hope for tomorrow. She yawned, waiting for the first stars of Silverpelt, though she had no idea how long she'd have to wait, or even if she'd ever see them again. Even if the starving molly only wished to see them so she could yowl something at them, let her anger free.

Bram246
October 28th, 2016, 02:48 PM
(I kinda forgot about this.)
Bramble looked at her finished den. It was stronger than her old one. She yawned as she scanned the trees.

doghouse
October 28th, 2016, 07:14 PM
The ragged molly sat up, realizing that if she gave up now, she'd never reach home. Home.... Far away, but not as far as the stars. I can do it. determined to reach her home. See it one more time, it gave her new hope. The young molly stood, putting less weight on her bad leg, for if she put too much weight on it, it'd simply give out. She took a deep breath, then began to slowly limp forwards, though she was weak from hunger, and it took every ounce of her strength, she kept going, tasting the air for prey. She stumbled multiple times, but always struggled back up, still determined to find prey. At last, the she-cat heard the telltale rustling of prey in the undergrowth, and she drdropped, remembering all her training. She moved very carefully, trying not to overuse her bad leg. Though she was unstable, she moved with surprising grace and ease. She saw the mouse and moved sideways to avoid its gaze. She creeped up on it, and then, once she was within a fox length, the small white molly leaped, but just then, her leg gave out, and her jump wasn't as good as she'd wanted. She was about to miss when she twisted, spinning midair and going faster forwards. Her claws snagged in the mouse's spine, and she felt it snap. She crashed, laying winded on her side, the dead mouse still in her claws. She lay there, panting, but she'd caught something. Excitement flooded her gaze, and she felt even more hopeful.

Bram246
October 28th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Bramble jumped onto the fence and looked at the abandoned houses. The houses were almost unrecognizable but still looked like house. She sighed looking back at the forest. 'Maybe I should hunt.',she thought jumping down.

doghouse
October 28th, 2016, 10:44 PM
For a moment, she thought she heard another cat, but she shrugged and limped towards a line of old, broken looking twoleg nests. Bound to be some mice there. Or maybe pigeons. Moonwhisper licked her lips at the thought of a nice plump pigeon, and set off at an uneven and limping run. But too quickly did that exhaust her, and she stopped, panting heavily. Her emerald green orbs brightened with a sudden hope, and she looked around, her gaze sweeping her surroundings for prey.

Bram246
October 29th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Coming back to her den with two mice Bramble smelled a sent of other cat. She quickly ate her mouse and jumped the fence.

doghouse
October 30th, 2016, 07:36 AM
It was several moments before Moonwhisper had caught her breath, and she was still more tired than before. She straightened up and began limping forth, though more hesitantly, for she thought she'd heard something moving. The ragged white cat stopped when the scent of cat washed over her. It was strong and fresh. She made a wide turn, so as to go around the scent, and a tall fence loomed up ahead, too tall for her to jump with her bad leg, so she sat awkwardly at the bottom and began scrabbling at the hard packed dirt, trying to dig under it with feeble efforts.

Bram246
October 30th, 2016, 09:18 AM
Bramble walked along the the fence. She sniffed the air as the sent of a cat grew stronger. Looking at both sides of the fence she spotted a white cat scratching the ground. She jumped down a tail lengths away from the cat. She didn't approach but waved her tail as a greeting.

doghouse
October 30th, 2016, 03:36 PM
Moonwhisper was nearly done when she heard something hit the ground behind her. The white she-cat stumbled, climbing to her paws. She turned around, panting, and saw a tabby cat behind her. She remained frozen to the spot, unspoken panic building in her chest. She blinked and tilted her head. "Who're you?" She asked, unable to keep the suspicion out of her low, half meow, half growl. She pressed herself against the fence, her green eyes were regaining their dullness as she thought of her brother, back in the Clans. As far as she knew, he was missing her, but maybe not. Maybe he was doing just fine. She flicked her torn, ragged ears, dismissing that thought, and returning her attention to the molly in front of her.

Bram246
October 30th, 2016, 03:40 PM
"I'm Bramble. I have a den not far from here if you want to rest.", Bramble was excited to meet another but kept her guard up if the white cat tried anything.

doghouse
October 30th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Moonwhisper listened carefully, and, deciding that Bramble sounded as if she was telling the truth, the quiet molly dipped her head. "I'm Moonwhisper. And that would be very kind of you, though, I'm really in a bit of a hurry...." That was all true, but she wasn't going anywhere fast, and she had many hard moons of travelling ahead of her. The molly had been moving without rest for days, and it had begun to take its toll. She was no longer a pretty white molly with soft clean fur and scarless fur. She was now a travel weary ragged and injured she-cat with a long treck ahead. She doubted that she'd make it, but she had to believe she could. She sighed, almost inaudibly, and shook mud from one paw, though it was now stained slightly.

Bram246
October 30th, 2016, 03:57 PM
"Okay I won't keep you then.",she turned around,"There's a river near this fence. Keep following it and you'll fine it.",she waved her tail at Moonwhisper.

doghouse
October 30th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Moonwhisper was slightly disappointed, and her face fell for just a second. She tried to hide her disappointment, for it had been quite awhile since she'd seen or spoken to another cat, and she was used to a big group of cats, but she did like to be alone, though now, now was not one of those times. "Well, okay I guess. Thanks...." She meowed, doubting that she'd make it far. The scent of thrush washed over her, and she heard it digging amongst the leaf litter, looking for bugs. She twitched her tail, then set off at a limp in that direction.

Bram246
October 30th, 2016, 04:09 PM
Bramble leaped on to the fence and went to the abandoned houses.
(Not really sure what to do. Any ideas?)

Nico, nico, Ni!
October 30th, 2016, 04:15 PM
Magic, A small Black, young she-cat Peeked From behind a dead Oak, Her holly colored eyes Gazing around The small forest, She Parted her jaw, Lifting her muzzle to the air she yipped Loudly to the strong scent of Cat and Prey. No! I'm so dumb! Now the cats are gonna come attack me and the prey is gonna Go!She sighed, padding across the Thick forest Floor, Her Scent mingling with the forest aromas.

doghouse
October 30th, 2016, 04:25 PM
Moonwhisper saw Bramble leap on to the fence. She shrugged, then continued looking for the thrush. She spotted it, digging busily for a worm. Instantly, she dropped into a wobbly crouch and began stalking forth, trying to keep her bad leg from buckling under her again. She was just a fox length away when it let out a raucous alarm call, taking to the skies. Moonwhisper leaped, grasping its neck in her jaws. There was a snap of bone, and the thrush went limp. Moonwhisper landed, and her back leg buckled under her. She fell in a heap, her leg feeling stiffer than before. She growled in frustration and sat up with some difficulty. She was just about to take a bite, her mouth watering from the sweet, enticing scent, when a new scent—another cat, hit her nose. She stiffened and looked around, though a slight friendliness shone in deep emerald orbs.

Bram246
October 30th, 2016, 04:51 PM
While Bramble explored the houses she found a hole in the fence leading to the forest. She came back to this hole with prey,a rabbit, and walked through it. She thought she smelled another cat but shrugged as she went to her den.

Sage
November 8th, 2016, 08:03 AM
Pumpkin bounded out into her Twoleg garden. The vibrant smell of flowers delighted her. After the move she was scared and frightened, but now she felt at home. Crack! Pumpkin ran as fast as she could. She started to smell another cat but didn't stop. She kept going and ran into Bramble; knocking the rabbit away from her. "Hehe.....hehe.....I'm Pumpkin." She said lightly. Bram246

dino.
November 8th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Can I join?

Bram246
November 8th, 2016, 06:51 PM
Can I join?
(Sure!)

Bram246
November 8th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Pumpkin bounded out into her Twoleg garden. The vibrant smell of flowers delighted her. After the move she was scared and frightened, but now she felt at home. Crack! Pumpkin ran as fast as she could. She started to smell another cat but didn't stop. She kept going and ran into Bramble; knocking the rabbit away from her. "Hehe.....hehe.....I'm Pumpkin." She said lightly. Bram246
Bramble jumped and turned with her claws out. But she sheathe them as she saw Pumpkin. "Oh.",she smiled,"I'm Bramble!"

dino.
November 9th, 2016, 06:02 AM
Jay wandered among the wastelands, his ears pricked for any noises. He caught the sound of mouse, and he pounced, killing the prey with a swift blow. He crouched down to eat his prey.

Bram246
November 9th, 2016, 10:19 AM
Bramble picked up her rabbit."You can come to my den if you want. It's near this fence.",she said to Pumpkin before walking to her den.

Sage
November 9th, 2016, 10:04 PM
Pumpkin was sursprised by the cat's reaction. "H-Hi Bramble, I'm Pumpkin." She meowed. Pumpkin warily followed Bramble into her den.

Bram246
November 9th, 2016, 10:08 PM
Pumpkin was sursprised by the cat's reaction. "H-Hi Bramble, I'm Pumpkin." She meowed. Pumpkin warily followed Bramble into her den.
"Are you that nervous to introduce yourself twice?", Bramble said as she looked back at Pumpkin.