PDA

View Full Version : OwlPelt and DapplePaw (Private)

Calliecat
February 28th, 2017, 04:12 PM
OwlPelt stalked closer to the unsuspecting water vole at the edge of the creek. Taking only one more careful step, she bunched up her hindquarters, squinting. Then with a thud she jumped and landed on the small rodent.

"Oh, finally, I'm starved. Can I have it?" A young calico she-kit raced up to the brown feline.

"No. I'll teach you to hunt one of your own. Or perhaps a fish would be better?" She asked.

"Aww, come on, mother, please!" The kit begged.

"No means no." Scolded OwlPelt. "Come, I'll teach you how to snatch up a meal for yourself." Without waiting for her kit to answer, the she-cat whisked around and sniffed around a bit. "Hmm..." She mumbled.

Dazzled, DapplePaw stared. "What are you doing, mother?" She asked.

"Scenting out prey." The brown she-cat said shortly, taking in another whiff. She then cocked her head, listening and twitching her ears. "I hear a mouse." She muttered, crouching lower. After a moment, she turned to some tall grass a good yard or two from the bank.

"You do?" exclaimed DapplePaw. "Yummy!" Before OwlPelt could stop her, she dashed to the grass stalks and ran back out, empty pawed.

"Oh, you mouse-brain. Come on, DapplePaw, let's go find something else." The mother told her kit.

"Alright." DapplePaw mumbled, clearly disappointed. she was young, newly apprenticed by her mother since they were rouges, and was now impatient and curious- almost to curious.

dino.
February 28th, 2017, 05:50 PM
OwlPelt stalked closer to the unsuspecting water vole at the edge of the creek. Taking only one more careful step, she bunched up her hindquarters, squinting. Then with a thud she jumped and landed on the small rodent.

"Oh, finally, I'm starved. Can I have it?" A young calico she-kit raced up to the brown feline.

"No. I'll teach you to hunt one of your own. Or perhaps a fish would be better?" She asked.

"Aww, come on, mother, please!" The kit begged.

"No means no." Scolded OwlPelt. "Come, I'll teach you how to snatch up a meal for yourself." Without waiting for her kit to answer, the she-cat whisked around and sniffed around a bit. "Hmm..." She mumbled.

Dazzled, DapplePaw stared. "What are you doing, mother?" She asked.

"Scenting out prey." The brown she-cat said shortly, taking in another whiff. She then cocked her head, listening and twitching her ears. "I hear a mouse." She muttered, crouching lower. After a moment, she turned to some tall grass a good yard or two from the bank.

"You do?" exclaimed DapplePaw. "Yummy!" Before OwlPelt could stop her, she dashed to the grass stalks and ran back out, empty pawed.

"Oh, you mouse-brain. Come on, DapplePaw, let's go find something else." The mother told her kit.

"Alright." DapplePaw mumbled, clearly disappointed. she was young, newly apprenticed by her mother since they were rouges, and was now impatient and curious- almost to curious.
Hey is this for me?)

Calliecat
February 28th, 2017, 06:21 PM
yes)

dino.
March 1st, 2017, 05:27 AM
yes)
Oh of course XD I remeber now) A tabby tom sat at the edge of a clearing, his tail tip twitching. He glanced up at the sky and blinked against the sun.

Calliecat
March 1st, 2017, 07:32 AM
As the two cats hurried up the slope, DapplePaw saw the tabby. "Hello! Ooh! Look, a bug, I'll catch it." she bunched up her hindquarters, springing onto his twitching tail. "Got you! Never suspected a thing, did you?" She batted it, then bit it, playing around with it like a leaf.

OwlPelt paused at the peculiar sight. "No, DapplePaw! Stop it- at once, you stupid furball!"

The kit stopped, looking around. "Mother, I'm having fun."

"Oh, your an apprentice, not a kit anymore. No you cannot play like that- I'm sorry but if you ever want to be a formidable warrior you can't act that way." She scolded.

"Aw, fine." He grunted, then sat, meeting the tom's gaze. "Hello. I am DapplePaw. It is very nice to meet you." She grumbled blandly.

dino.
March 1st, 2017, 07:58 AM
As the two cats hurried up the slope, DapplePaw saw the tabby. "Hello! Ooh! Look, a bug, I'll catch it." she bunched up her hindquarters, springing onto his twitching tail. "Got you! Never suspected a thing, did you?" She batted it, then bit it, playing around with it like a leaf.

OwlPelt paused at the peculiar sight. "No, DapplePaw! Stop it- at once, you stupid furball!"

The kit stopped, looking around. "Mother, I'm having fun."

"Oh, your an apprentice, not a kit anymore. No you cannot play like that- I'm sorry but if you ever want to be a formidable warrior you can't act that way." She scolded.

"Aw, fine." He grunted, then sat, meeting the tom's gaze. "Hello. I am DapplePaw. It is very nice to meet you." She grumbled blandly.
"My name is Stripes," the tabby said. As he dipped his head, a bell jangled on his collar. "But don't call me that," he added quickly.

Calliecat
March 1st, 2017, 08:05 AM
"Your a kittypet?" Wondered DapplePaw. "Humph. Kittypets smell and spend time-"

"Shush, DapplePaw." OwlPelt stepped forward. "Hello. I am OwlPelt. Are you a kittypet?"

dino.
March 1st, 2017, 08:18 AM
"Your a kittypet?" Wondered DapplePaw. "Humph. Kittypets smell and spend time-"

"Shush, DapplePaw." OwlPelt stepped forward. "Hello. I am OwlPelt. Are you a kittypet?"
"Used to be," the tabby replied. "But I left. It, ah, it got boring. Get up eat breakfast, get patted, go outside, sit on fence, go back in, eat dinner, get patted, go to sleep, repeat. That was basically my life."

Calliecat
March 1st, 2017, 11:10 AM
"Oh, okay." meowed Owlpelt.

dino.
March 1st, 2017, 12:37 PM
"Oh, okay." meowed Owlpelt.
"I know. Dull," Stripes muttered. "So... I can't really come up with a name. You got any ideas?" He turned his gaze to Dapplepaw.

Calliecat
March 1st, 2017, 02:17 PM
"Hmm... MudStripe?" DapplePaw swished his tail, looking up.

dino.
March 1st, 2017, 02:21 PM
"Hmm... MudStripe?" DapplePaw swished his tail, looking up.
"Er, I'm not in a Clan, so..." The tom's voice trailed off awkwardly and he shifted his paws underneath him.

Calliecat
March 2nd, 2017, 08:35 AM
OwlPelt grinned. "We are rouges. We could use the protection of a strong tom, like you. Will you come with us?"

dino.
March 2nd, 2017, 08:37 AM
OwlPelt grinned. "We are rouges. We could use the protection of a strong tom, like you. Will you come with us?"
Stripes blinked. "Would you really take me on a journey?" he asked. "I-I don't know... I'm... I'm not very useful, generally, so maybe not..."