PDA

View Full Version : WCO Needs You

Derpple and Ashie
October 9th, 2016, 03:54 PM
Hey guys, Dap here! I'm going to talk to you about something that you may or may not have noticed about this new site. Unfortunately this is all part of moving sites, and we've hit a speed bump with the help of you guys we will get over it with ease and get back to doing what we all love, roleplaying. Now, the new site has a tendency to go down, and while our administrators have been fantastic about getting it back up and running quickly, I need to tell you guys what's going on so we can reduce how often this happens. So first let me explain just what's going on.

Now when Lunacross was first explaining about the new site, she told us that there would be no bandwidth restrictions. This is true, instead our new host has a thing called ‘Script Executions’. These are similar but basically it's every action that's taken on the site. So going to a new page, putting up a post, these are all things that count their actions. We have a daily limit of 20,000 script executions a day. Because we share a server with several other sites and in order to make sure that everybody shares an equal amount these limits have been put in place by the host. Until we figure out a way to increase our limit or other actions that might need to be taken we need you guys to do something for us.

Basically use the site, we're not asking you not to, but we need you to be sparing in how you do it. Don't constantly refresh or boops or whatever, we need you to use it as you need. This way it won't continually shut down and we get on the bad side of our new host. Our admins are working on finding a better solution to this problem, and soon I'm sure they'll have it. In the meantime just hold on tight and please don't go over. Thanks!

Update: Hey folks,

I've gotten some helpful information regarding the script over-execution and might have been able to halt the issue. It may have very little to do with refresh rates and more with the size of image uploads onto the server, and in light of this, temporary restrictions have been placed to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks for your patience with us during this time--it's appreciated! <3

CakePopcicle
October 9th, 2016, 04:31 PM
Would having different tabs of threads help? Just so we dont have to refresh or go back, its just saved right on top of your browser.

HwangHarin
October 9th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Ohh So thats why its happing. I have been getting annoyed by that

fab.fox
October 9th, 2016, 04:34 PM
I'll be sure to limit my posts! maybe you should stop the other roleplaying- honestly, it's getting the most points all the time.

paxil
October 9th, 2016, 04:42 PM
i knew the unlimited bandwidth sounded too good to be true. it's really hard to not refresh often on forums, but i'll try.

Clearstream
October 9th, 2016, 04:46 PM
I will try. I won't refresh, and I won't check back often. I wish that this problem could be fixed though, as it REALLY irritates me! :mad:

Clearstream
October 9th, 2016, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE=koer;5210]I'll be sure to limit my posts! maybe you should stop the other roleplaying- honestly, it's getting the most points all the time.[/QUOTE]

While that could help, I like it, and *realization* Oh, you don't mean the fanclans, you mean the other. Like you said. Anyway, okay, I agree with you.

Caligo Everton
October 9th, 2016, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE=Aashka;5204]Ohh So thats why its happing. I have been getting annoyed by that[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too

Gusty
October 9th, 2016, 05:30 PM
Ahh. This makes sense. I thought I was the only one having problems with the site, but it turns out that I'm wrong. :waaah:

tye
October 9th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Probably not the best choice to halt other role-play since a lot of people prefer that than the main one. That's conflict ready to happen.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
October 9th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Yeah Other Roleplaying is a big cause of the problem, but the reason it is is because it is so popular on the site, the more popular it is the bigger of a problem it would be.

Fel
October 9th, 2016, 07:57 PM
we could make a limit on other roleplaying topics like they do with fanclans, with one other roleplay per person.

fab.fox
October 9th, 2016, 08:03 PM
honestly, i just dont understand why other roleplaying is more popular now than the actual, main topic. yeah- we should at least limit it.

Shadow
October 10th, 2016, 06:41 PM
Ohhhh,ok

Hexict
October 10th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Welp, I'm glad that Dap's updates says that it's better now and there are only slight restrictions with picture size uploaded - I love Other Roleplays and would've been supper upset if that was restricted

Goldenstar8910
November 5th, 2016, 11:45 AM
:rainbowllama: