PDA

View Full Version : OwlStep and MossFlower (Private)

Calliecat
January 29th, 2017, 07:15 AM
MossFlower stalked carefully over the forest, her green eyes darting back and forth as she watched a pigeon in the vegetation. Her tail twitched in excitement as she targeted the bird and positioned her pounce. She lowered her chest, raised her hind quarters and sprung. Unfortunately, the bird decided it would fly away just before the brown tabby sprung. MossFlower saw it’s ascend, and leaped into the air and swatted, just missing her prey.
She hissed angrily and pushed through some bushes into a denser part of the forest. With each step, her claws clacked against the rocks and sticks she stepped on. She apparently, didn't feel like sheathing them. She was that upset. And over one pigeon. Why?

whippoorwill
January 29th, 2017, 07:21 AM
Owlstep padded along the ground with heavy fur and a heavy heart, watching the leaves rustle on the trees above him. He sighed. He'd slipped out of his camp, making it seem like he was on a solo hunting session, but really, he'd just wanted to get away. It felt much too crowded, and the way they bowed their heads down to Starclan. . .he couldn't stand it anymore.

His attention was grabbed by a sudden, strange scent. A cat, an outsider most likely, who seemed quite upset too. His eyes widened when he realized that, in her rage, she was heading straight for him. Speed wasn't his strong point, and the thought of trying to jump made his heart sink, so he faced the cat side-on, using his body to take the brunt.He yowled out, "Hey! Little kitten, watch out in front of you!"

Calliecat
January 29th, 2017, 02:36 PM
"YOU watch where your going! I'm no kitten!" Spat the cat angrily, pulling her ears back and bristling her brown fur. "Great StarClan, who are you!?" She wondered, glaring at the unfamiliar cat she had just encountered. "You look down. What's wrong?" She asked. Granted, she hadn't had the best day either.

whippoorwill
January 29th, 2017, 03:09 PM
His ears folded back at her snappiness, and he let out a defensive hiss. "Well, excuse me not wanting some random kitten running into my backside." He said with a scowl. The lofty tabby pulled himself back into a neutral standing position. "My name is Owlstep. Warrior of Windclan, and a father. . ." He monotoned, turning his head back to the clan from whence he came. The question made him snort, and he wondered if it was worth telling this random cat.

"Well. It's. . .it's not anything worth mentioning. Let's just say I came out here for a nice leaf-barren stroll." He said, turning back to face this cat. Owlstep licked the top of his chest. "Now. Who are you, and why are you out so far into the forest?"

Calliecat
January 29th, 2017, 04:42 PM
The cat looked with a bit of wonder at the new feline. She thrashed her tail impatiently and snapped. "Humph! I am a rouge, thank you very much!" She spat. "I didn't intend to run into you! If you must know, I'm MossFlower. So out of my way. You scared my prey away with your noisy romping through the forest! It's your fault I missed my meal. Somethings eating you, I know it. Be honest! Has StarClan punished you for something?"

whippoorwill
February 1st, 2017, 12:29 AM
(sorry for the late reply! i didn't see this before >.<)

"Well, 'Mossflower', it's nice to meet you. From the sounds of it, you're either a former clan member or just happened to like our naming conventions." He said, trying to keep any sarcasm from dripping out of his voice. At her proclamation, he scoffed, tail flicking in annoyance. All he'd wanted was an escape, was that really too much to ask? Now he was being accused of scaring away her prey and...

His fur bristled involuntarily at the mention of Starclan. Before he knew it, Owlstep had stepped towards the she-cat, fluffing up as if to look more imposing. "I did nothing to deserve my punishment!" He yowled,"My entire life I devoted myself to those stupid cats in the sky, and what did they do in return? Even in the midst of chaos and death, all they did was prance their little sparkly tails and do nothing in return!"