PDA

View Full Version : Barkskip/Dutchess/Petal - Private

SuspiciousMindz
January 19th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Stormiiix Nighty
We'll use this thread to start up the portions these three will interact!

For Stormiiix currently:
Petal strolled to the edge of the fence, looking up, she tensed before her legs allowed her body to spring upwards and she landed skillfully on the edge of the fence. Her tail flicked to and fro as she balanced, looking around for her garden neighbor. Dutchess shared the house next to her and she couldn't wait to tell her friend all about what happened today. Her brilliant green hues scanned the area until she figured she was probably inside. Petal then walked the fence until it met with Dutchess's and started meowing as loud as her lungs could let her. "DUTCHESS! DUTCHESS! DUTCHESS!" he called, repeating her friends name as she almost always did when she was excited. Petal knew very well that her paws were damp and she smelled of the frost and the forest she was just in, but that would only hint to what she'd done today.

seasalt
January 23rd, 2017, 07:45 PM
Stormiiix Nighty
We'll use this thread to start up the portions these three will interact!

For Stormiiix currently:
Petal strolled to the edge of the fence, looking up, she tensed before her legs allowed her body to spring upwards and she landed skillfully on the edge of the fence. Her tail flicked to and fro as she balanced, looking around for her garden neighbor. Dutchess shared the house next to her and she couldn't wait to tell her friend all about what happened today. Her brilliant green hues scanned the area until she figured she was probably inside. Petal then walked the fence until it met with Dutchess's and started meowing as loud as her lungs could let her. "DUTCHESS! DUTCHESS! DUTCHESS!" he called, repeating her friends name as she almost always did when she was excited. Petal knew very well that her paws were damp and she smelled of the frost and the forest she was just in, but that would only hint to what she'd done today.

Dutchess was sleeping in her bed inside, relishing the calm dream she was having,
the days when, she was with her former mate, learning about the clan: Skyclan, when she was young, naive, and simply curious. She was more sensible nowadays, and was sure to never mess with a clan cat ever again. Her housefolk moved nearby to this forest, strangely, but she wouldn't argue with them, or deny she was tired of being near the clan her former mate, and her kits were, the kits she never wanted in the first place. Yes, she had loved them, in that short lived time, but, they were safer in Skyclan, and they might of been dead by now, so it didn't matter, why did she even care. She gave a sigh in her sleep, as she rolled over, near to the sunlight seeping from the glass screen, leading to the her garden.
The tan cream and brownish tabby's ear twitched as she heard some meowing outside, her tail flicking as she opened her eyes, lifting her head quickly, the collar around her head shaking a bit as she looked toward the screen, eyes narrowed as her eyes adjusted to the sunlight, seeing her friend, and neighbor: Petal. She blinked her amberish green eyes as she rose from the dazzling bed she so wanted to stay in, but, for her friend, she had, quickly, decided to get up, for her friend, just this once, or maybe a few times. The graceful, and elegant molly slid into the garden, the smooth dewy grass feeling soft under her paws as she strolled over, eyes focused intently. "What is it?" She would of grumbled, but that wasn't lady-like, so, instead, with an interested look, she asked very politely. Dutchess noticed the excitement, and gave a smile. "I can see its, quite important." The cream and brownish tabby commented, a gleam of amusement, but curiosity in her eyes. Lets see what trouble she got herself into today... She thought with a roll of her eyes, annoyance prickling her fur, whiskers twitching as she spotted the snow and dirt on her friends paws. "Your paws are dirty.." She mewed, tail flicking as she inspected them, sniffing at them before commenting. "You need to clean those soon. You don't want to get even more dirty." She mewed earnestly, ear flicking as she leaped onto the fence, listening to what her friend had to say.

SuspiciousMindz
January 23rd, 2017, 08:00 PM
Petal ignored the comment about her paws, she already knew and planned on cleaning them before her housefolk saw. They'd kill her if she tracked mud and snow into the house. Their carpets would be ruined and she'd be forced outside. As much as clan like intrigued her, she wasn't willing to give up her comfy life. As her friend entered the garden a small purr rumbled in the back of her throat as she almost seemed to bounce in place, eager to tell her everything. Petal didn't know of Dutchess's background, it wasn't something she brought up and Petal respected that so she didn't know the strength behind this topic when the conversation did start. "I met a forest cat today!" she blurted out, her younger feline obviously thrilled about the entire scenario. "He was handsome and said he was from a clan," she paused, her brows furrowed as she thought for a moment, "Thunderclan!" she exclaimed her eyes brightening once more. "He said there are five clans now. I remember their names too!" She boasted, but had to think for a moment, "Thunderclan, Windclan, Riverclan.... Shadowclan and... and... Skyclan! she puffed out her chest proud she remembered such details. "He promised to meet me again tomorrow to talk about them more!" Although her green hues searched those of Dutchess as she waited to hear what she had to say... or get a swipe over the ears, either way, she was ready for the worst.
tawny~

seasalt
January 23rd, 2017, 08:23 PM
Petal ignored the comment about her paws, she already knew and planned on cleaning them before her housefolk saw. They'd kill her if she tracked mud and snow into the house. Their carpets would be ruined and she'd be forced outside. As much as clan like intrigued her, she wasn't willing to give up her comfy life. As her friend entered the garden a small purr rumbled in the back of her throat as she almost seemed to bounce in place, eager to tell her everything. Petal didn't know of Dutchess's background, it wasn't something she brought up and Petal respected that so she didn't know the strength behind this topic when the conversation did start. "I met a forest cat today!" she blurted out, her younger feline obviously thrilled about the entire scenario. "He was handsome and said he was from a clan," she paused, her brows furrowed as she thought for a moment, "Thunderclan!" she exclaimed her eyes brightening once more. "He said there are five clans now. I remember their names too!" She boasted, but had to think for a moment, "Thunderclan, Windclan, Riverclan.... Shadowclan and... and... Skyclan! she puffed out her chest proud she remembered such details. "He promised to meet me again tomorrow to talk about them more!" Although her green hues searched those of Dutchess as she waited to hear what she had to say... or get a swipe over the ears, either way, she was ready for the worst.
tawny~

Dutchess was usually always their for her friend, reminding her to clean her paws, or something simple, or big. She didn't want her friend to be stuck outside, and get into some trouble, which was what usually what had happened in the past. She licked at her fur, grooming while she listened, snapping up to hear one simple word. "A forest cat?" The sentence made wary, and made her think of her former mate. Dutchess was afraid of what she was going to say next. Oh dear, this wasn't going to be good. She remembered her past experiences with clan cats, and she had kits with a Skyclan Warrior. Duststorm.. She thought, with a sigh, tail twitching at the memory, optics glistening with sadness, and annoyance.
Thunderclan...not Skyclan, but a clan, nonetheless. At least it isn't Skyc-- Dutchess was even more wary now, when the word, Skyclan was spoken, well, more frightened, than anything. "Skyclan?" She repeated, eyes narrowed, her orbs glistening with memories of the past, regret, anger, fear and worry for her friend. "Petal, I'd recommend not to go into the forest, for a while, forest cats, are a bit dangerous, and can get you in situations you don't want! Trust me with this one, I know very well.." The cream and brownish tabby lectured, anger snapping into her tone, and a consent worry for her. She knew the result, and she didn't want to whatever happened to her, happen to Petal. She was young, and naive, and that would be...she couldn't even think of what would happen! Dutchess shook her head. "Just, don't go back their, well, I wouldn't if I were you...." She warned her, before going quiet, head shaking in worry. Oh dear, lets hope she doesn't get intertwined with anything...tricky, and impossible to get out of.. If she did, she would help, anyways so if she did.....Dutchess would be their, and that was a fact.

SuspiciousMindz
January 23rd, 2017, 08:31 PM
Petal's green hues only flickered with hurt for a moment at the sudden anger in her friends voice. It wasn't like Dutchess to seem out of character. Slowly Petal nodded, although once more curiosity prickled along her pelt. "What do you know of the forest cats since you assume they're dangerous? The tom said he'd shred me, but I stood still and he got annoyed until he spoke," she replied, basically backing herself up on why they really weren't that dangerous. Perhaps Dutchess was over reacting? Surely the forest cats weren't that bad, the rumors about them couldn't be that true anyway. The british shorthair leaned down and lifted a forepaw, beginning to groom it clean. The earthy taste from the forest wasn't pleasant on her tongue, but she had to do what she had to do if she didn't want her housefolk mad. As she groomed, her ears remained pricked toward her friend. Petal didn't mention it, but she'd noticed the mood change after the word, Skyclan. It bothered her not to know what she was thinking, but she wouldn't press her friend into talking. Maybe this would lead to one of Dutchess's stories. She always had good stories when she told them, and I guess you could say that's what kept Petal so intrigued about her neighbor.
tawny~

seasalt
January 24th, 2017, 07:16 AM
Petal's green hues only flickered with hurt for a moment at the sudden anger in her friends voice. It wasn't like Dutchess to seem out of character. Slowly Petal nodded, although once more curiosity prickled along her pelt. "What do you know of the forest cats since you assume they're dangerous? The tom said he'd shred me, but I stood still and he got annoyed until he spoke," she replied, basically backing herself up on why they really weren't that dangerous. Perhaps Dutchess was over reacting? Surely the forest cats weren't that bad, the rumors about them couldn't be that true anyway. The british shorthair leaned down and lifted a forepaw, beginning to groom it clean. The earthy taste from the forest wasn't pleasant on her tongue, but she had to do what she had to do if she didn't want her housefolk mad. As she groomed, her ears remained pricked toward her friend. Petal didn't mention it, but she'd noticed the mood change after the word, Skyclan. It bothered her not to know what she was thinking, but she wouldn't press her friend into talking. Maybe this would lead to one of Dutchess's stories. She always had good stories when she told them, and I guess you could say that's what kept Petal so intrigued about her neighbor.
tawny~

Dutchess slowly calmed down, though memories were still flooding through her eyes. "Its because I had an encounter in the past, with a clan cat. One of the clans you talked out. And.." She told her, eyes gleaming at the thought of her former mate. Love, she'd only known heartbreak, love was something she'd had, yes, but also the pain, that, you had kits, you never wanted. "Something happened, that I don't want to happen to you. And many of those things I didn't want, ever in my life, to happen to me..that's why I'm warning you, Petal, something could happen, and it just might happen to you." Worry was filled in her tone as she continued on. Dutchess didn't want to tell her of what had happened in the past, so she didn't tell her the details, but just something happened, it might not work, but at least she warned her. That was good enough. Dutchess didn't know anything about these forest cats, but knew very well what would truly happen, if she did..it would be impossible to get out of. Let's hope she listens, if not, then oh well, it was worth trying. Her cream and brownish tabby tail flicked as she told her this, eyes expressing anger, and worry. She hoped, Petal, would not get into a dangerous mess, hopefully.

SuspiciousMindz
January 24th, 2017, 01:19 PM
Petal blinked with sympathy for her friend. She wouldn't press on about what had happened since based on her small snippet of a story, it was too sad for the she-cat to talk about. Petal moved onto the next fore paw, beginning to groom it clean while she listened. Her ears remained pricked towards Dutchess. At last, only once both forepaws were clean did Petal speak, her voice was small, although had some type of meaning behind them. "I'll be careful, Dutchess, but I have to learn more about these clans and that tom-cat was the only one who would tell me despite his rude personality," she urged her friend to understand that she was merely wanting to learn and do nothing more. However, she knew Dutchess knew about Petal's personality. She fell in love easily and hard which was a bad thing, but something that couldn't be helped in the end.
tawny~

seasalt
January 24th, 2017, 06:04 PM
Petal blinked with sympathy for her friend. She wouldn't press on about what had happened since based on her small snippet of a story, it was too sad for the she-cat to talk about. Petal moved onto the next fore paw, beginning to groom it clean while she listened. Her ears remained pricked towards Dutchess. At last, only once both forepaws were clean did Petal speak, her voice was small, although had some type of meaning behind them. "I'll be careful, Dutchess, but I have to learn more about these clans and that tom-cat was the only one who would tell me despite his rude personality," she urged her friend to understand that she was merely wanting to learn and do nothing more. However, she knew Dutchess knew about Petal's personality. She fell in love easily and hard which was a bad thing, but something that couldn't be helped in the end.
tawny~

Dutchess's ear flicked as she washed herself, a sigh escaping her every so often. At least, Petal had understood and would, hopefully, listen. "Alright, but...be careful with your curiosity, and..be careful. If you want to learn more, I can't stop you. But...atleast be careful, for me." She warned, cream and brownish tabby tail swishing. She couldn't stop love, but at least she could warn her of the consequences. Her ears perked up alertly, leaping down into her garden, her housefolk calling her name. With a sigh, she turned to Petal, ears flicking. "I've got to go.., I'll see to you later, don't get in trouble. I don't want you getting yourself into something, that, is worse than just a tiny scratch, or a small dirty splash of mud." Dutchess warned, dipping her head politely to her friend, before turning toward her housefolks house, trotting through the beautiful garden, and padding over toward the screen, sliding through the glass door smoothly, paws making a pitter patter as she walked into the kitchen, sighting the meal that was inside her bowl. She was more privileged than most cats, eating fine and expensive cat food, most house cats didn't get, having rich housefolk, which Dutchess was glad for.
With a hungry lick, she delicately, started to eat, making sure not to make a mess, or anything unladylike. Dutchess was a refined cat, graceful, and very lady-like, but, it was only for show, she didn't want to look bad. She was actually quite down to earth, and fierce, short-tempered, but spunky. Being older, she wasn't very adventurous as she used to be, but loyalty for her friend, still lied. She finished, licking her lips neatly, before slinking over to her bed, to lay down, and calm down, just for a bit, and perhaps take a nap, and sleep for a bit. She wasn't that tired, but needed to think about things, just for a little while.

seasalt
February 2nd, 2017, 05:09 PM
Dutchess's ear flicked as she washed herself, a sigh escaping her every so often. At least, Petal had understood and would, hopefully, listen. "Alright, but...be careful with your curiosity, and..be careful. If you want to learn more, I can't stop you. But...atleast be careful, for me." She warned, cream and brownish tabby tail swishing. She couldn't stop love, but at least she could warn her of the consequences. Her ears perked up alertly, leaping down into her garden, her housefolk calling her name. With a sigh, she turned to Petal, ears flicking. "I've got to go.., I'll see to you later, don't get in trouble. I don't want you getting yourself into something, that, is worse than just a tiny scratch, or a small dirty splash of mud." Dutchess warned, dipping her head politely to her friend, before turning toward her housefolks house, trotting through the beautiful garden, and padding over toward the screen, sliding through the glass door smoothly, paws making a pitter patter as she walked into the kitchen, sighting the meal that was inside her bowl. She was more privileged than most cats, eating fine and expensive cat food, most house cats didn't get, having rich housefolk, which Dutchess was glad for.
With a hungry lick, she delicately, started to eat, making sure not to make a mess, or anything unladylike. Dutchess was a refined cat, graceful, and very lady-like, but, it was only for show, she didn't want to look bad. She was actually quite down to earth, and fierce, short-tempered, but spunky. Being older, she wasn't very adventurous as she used to be, but loyalty for her friend, still lied. She finished, licking her lips neatly, before slinking over to her bed, to lay down, and calm down, just for a bit, and perhaps take a nap, and sleep for a bit. She wasn't that tired, but needed to think about things, just for a little while.

Supiciousmindz
bump for Supiciousmindz!

SuspiciousMindz
February 5th, 2017, 01:07 PM
tawny~
Petal watched her friend retreat, a small moony look in her green hues as she thought back to the tom-cat from earlier. Once Dutchess was out of sight, however, Petal leaped down from her perch on the fence and sat down to finish grooming her hind paws and her underbelly before her housefolk were at the door calling her name. With one final lick, the pretty she-cat trotted into the den, rubbing against her housefolk happily before settling next to the food dish to eat. Tonight they had given her wet food that tasted like tuna and rice. Well, that's what she heard from them, but she enjoyed it nonetheless. Afterwards, the she-cat padded to her cozy bed and shut her eyes, her mind still swirling with thoughts about earlier

----

The following day, Petal jumped onto the fence. Her paws and underbelly more of a mess compared to the night before. Balancing herself until she was at the end f her fence where Dutchess's began, she waved her tail in the air searching for the garden. Dutchess wasn't in immediate sight leaving Petal to think she was in the den for the moment. She inhaled deeply and did was she normally did if she wanted to talk to her friend. "DUTCHESS! DUTCHESS! COME HERE I HAVE NEWS! DUTCHESS!!" The creamy british shorthair called, anxiously waiting. She had met a new tom-cat today. A havana brown that walked her home and told her all about the clans. She wanted to tell her friend about him, mentally she thought that Dutchess would be more understanding if she told her about a friendly clan cat. There was nothing to worry about. Barkskip would meet her again tomorrow and everything would be great. She hoped at least.

seasalt
February 5th, 2017, 03:24 PM
tawny~
Petal watched her friend retreat, a small moony look in her green hues as she thought back to the tom-cat from earlier. Once Dutchess was out of sight, however, Petal leaped down from her perch on the fence and sat down to finish grooming her hind paws and her underbelly before her housefolk were at the door calling her name. With one final lick, the pretty she-cat trotted into the den, rubbing against her housefolk happily before settling next to the food dish to eat. Tonight they had given her wet food that tasted like tuna and rice. Well, that's what she heard from them, but she enjoyed it nonetheless. Afterwards, the she-cat padded to her cozy bed and shut her eyes, her mind still swirling with thoughts about earlier

----

The following day, Petal jumped onto the fence. Her paws and underbelly more of a mess compared to the night before. Balancing herself until she was at the end of her fence where Dutchess's began, she waved her tail in the air searching for the garden. Dutchess wasn't in immediate sight leaving Petal to think she was in the den for the moment. She inhaled deeply and did was she normally did if she wanted to talk to her friend. "DUTCHESS! DUTCHESS! COME HERE I HAVE NEWS! DUTCHESS!!" The creamy british shorthair called, anxiously waiting. She had met a new tom-cat today. A havana brown that walked her home and told her all about the clans. She wanted to tell her friend about him, mentally she thought that Dutchess would be more understanding if she told her about a friendly clan cat. There was nothing to worry about. Barkskip would meet her again tomorrow and everything would be great. She hoped at least.

Dutchess was relaxing in the garden, her cream tabby pelt glistening bright ginger in the sunshine, gathering warmth as she lay their, her expression peacefully relaxed. She had just ate, and had decided to come outside for some peace from the bustling house. She stood up to stretch, jaws gaped in a yawn as she laid down again, tail flicking over her legs as she relaxed. It was a calming morning, and no activity that was worth grumbling was around currently, so Dutchess could have a break for once. It made her a bit...calm and happy for once. But her peaceful morning was soon interrupted by the yelling of Petal. Her amber optics narrowed in annoyance looking towards where Petal stood on the fence. "What now.." She grumbled to herself as she stood up, padding over to the fence, gracefully leaping on top of the fence, amber optics still looking towards her. "What is it?" She asked, a curious expression on her face, but annoyance was still there, but not very clear at all. "News hmm? Go ahead dear."

SuspiciousMindz
February 9th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Dutchess was relaxing in the garden, her cream tabby pelt glistening bright ginger in the sunshine, gathering warmth as she lay their, her expression peacefully relaxed. She had just ate, and had decided to come outside for some peace from the bustling house. She stood up to stretch, jaws gaped in a yawn as she laid down again, tail flicking over her legs as she relaxed. It was a calming morning, and no activity that was worth grumbling was around currently, so Dutchess could have a break for once. It made her a bit...calm and happy for once. But her peaceful morning was soon interrupted by the yelling of Petal. Her amber optics narrowed in annoyance looking towards where Petal stood on the fence. "What now.." She grumbled to herself as she stood up, padding over to the fence, gracefully leaping on top of the fence, amber optics still looking towards her. "What is it?" She asked, a curious expression on her face, but annoyance was still there, but not very clear at all. "News hmm? Go ahead dear."
Petal didn't realize her friend was sitting in the garden the whole time and her ears grew hot with embarrassment. How could she let such a detail slip? She pushed it away though as the she-cat approached and they were in their normal spots chatting again. "I met a new tom-cat today! His name is Barkskip, and oh my, he's dreamy!" her brilliant green hues seemed moonier than normal as she spoke of the Havana. "He was much different, much nicer, he walked me all the way to the garden today," she gave a small purr, but cut herself short as she searched Dutchess's gaze for any signs of disapproval. She was expecting it, however Petal seemed to dreamy that anything spoken to her seemed to fly right over her head. "He was so kind... Dutchess, he told me more about the clans and even agreed to meet me again. Without his rude friend with him!" he spoke excitedly. The British shorthair was just thinking about the next meeting between the two. How would he react and what they would talk about and so on.

seasalt
February 9th, 2017, 06:58 PM
Petal didn't realize her friend was sitting in the garden the whole time and her ears grew hot with embarrassment. How could she let such a detail slip? She pushed it away though as the she-cat approached and they were in their normal spots chatting again. "I met a new tom-cat today! His name is Barkskip, and oh my, he's dreamy!" her brilliant green hues seemed moonier than normal as she spoke of the havana. "He was much different, much nicer, he walked me all the way to the garden today," she gave a small purr, but cut herself short as she searched Dutchess's gaze for any signs of disapproval. She was expecting it, however Petal seemed to dreamy that anything spoken to her seemed to fly right over her head. "He was so kind... Dutchess, he told me more about the clans and even agreed to meet me again. Without his rude friend with him!" he spoke excitedly. The British shorthair was just thinking about the next meeting between the two. How would he react and what they would talk about and so on.

( I feel a mother and daughter bond between them :heartbounce:
Dutchess sat down on the fence, neatly licking at her cream ginger fur, grooming herself quickly. A good, clean cat with a happy cat, and she wanted to look her best, even if it would get...very dirty at times. Dutchess didn't like to be dirty, and unclean, as it was quite uncouth, but it happened every now and again. She wasn't that snobby, if she could help it. "A new one hmm? Be careful with clan cats dear." She warned, though she wasn't as mad as last time, rather calm if you could be certain, her expression, unusually unreadable. "At least he's nice..." She thought to herself, her optics calm, but uncertain about it. "I don't really like the idea of you seeing a clan cat, but if your happy, I suppose its alright." Dutchess replied, with an honest expression on her voice, with a stern look in her eye. Honestly, Petal was like a daughter to her, an adopted daughter, that was that she thought of her, usually. She was naive, and unaware of what a broken heart was, and she hoped, she would do better than she had done. But she would never tell how she thought about her, no way in the stars.