PDA

View Full Version : ✿ newmann institute ✿ revived ✿

oats
October 8th, 2016, 02:31 PM
There's something strange about the sprawling building in front of you. Maybe it's the atmosphere around it. It's like static electricity in the air, spiking the humidity about it with a feeling of preparedness. You know why you're here. You've got to learn how to control yourself. To control your 'gift'.
Unlike other schools, which simply named their houses after things like household names or pioneers of a specific art or study, Caleb Newmann decided to name his school's houses after several that 'meant something' to him: his dear fallen friends, William Edwards, Quince Milner and Gerald Ward. These three men had fought alongside him in the Great Siovx War of 1876, a mere 20 years before Newmann's Institute was founded. It was not that he had voluntarily been conscripted- at first, he was fine stating he would stay out of the affairs of war entirely, until he discovered his three best and only friends would be joining the fray. He was a lycanthrope, but at that time all supernatural beings were regarded with some form of suspicion, so it made sense that he would have few companions to accompany him through such formative years. All was forsaken in the name of his friends. They had to be safe. It was an absolute necessity to Caleb, who had no idea how meaningless his promise was.
He watched them fall, and he found himself regretting it more and more with each passing day. It only was a matter of time before he resolved to help others like him to ensure they would able to make use of their abilities and not let anything happen to their loved ones.
Hence, Milner. Ward. Edwards.
The fulfillment of a promise to old comrades.

--

well, here it is! the sign-ups for the 'prestigious' Newmann institute. before you get started with your form, we'd better establish some rules.

ic rules: (these can be broken to further establish some form of plot.)

1. There is to be no use of learned skills and abilities in a manner meant to harm or cause any sort of damage.

2. No individual should be found on the grounds after lights-out, regardless of if they are nocturnal. Rulebreakers will have their dorm put under constant surveillance.
3. No magics involving runes are to be practiced under all circumstances. Sigils may be used, but never charged.
4. Any and all species are to be accepted into the School. Any forms of discrimination are not tolerated, and those caught bullying another student will be punished severely.
5. No more than four individuals in a dorm at one time. This applies to both visitors and residents.
6. Potion making is restricted, and for good reason. Do not attempt to brew without a teacher's supervision.
ooc rules: (please don't break these..)
1. This is kinda obvious, but all forum rules still apply.
2. Please don't have more than two characters that have the same type of power. Things tend to get a little boring if everyone's being Edgy Mcedge (™) and making a dark witch character. Let's get a little original, guys.
3. For each response, please try to do two to three lines. RP isn't that easy but still, put a little effort into it.
4. The most characters someone can play is three. I'd like as many people as possible to join in on this.
5. If you've read through this, put 'olly olly oxenfree' in the other section of your form.
--
There's a form of a 'house' system, in which you may decide which dorm your character is. The name of the dorm refers to their 'house', and you are permanently placed into it. Resorting is only an option if the individual does not feel safe within their own house. Age does influence who you bunk with, so mind that.
There are three dorms/houses, with four slots within them. I'll make another post when I get enough forms showing who is in which house. That's 11 open slots for characters. if you think i can't count, i'll just say here: not including my one.
The three dorms are the Edwards' dormitory, (no, it's not named after Edward Cullen. of course not.) the Ward dorm, and the Milner dormitory.
--
Classes:
Hunting
Control over Shapeshifting
Majick
General Sigils and their Uses
Ancient Runes
History
Communication & Handling Differences
The Arts
Alchemy
Potionmaking
Summoning
--
Form
Name:
Abilities {nothin too op}:
Dorm:
Personality {no tbrps!!} :
Appearance:
(Optional) history:
Other:

--

Name: Epie Maxwell-Lewis

Species: Aos Sí/human hybrid.

Species Description (if it's an original one.) : The aos sí are a race originating from Ireland and Scotland comparable to their close 'relatives', the Fae and the Sidhe. They are said to live underground in ancient mounds, across the western sea, or in an invisible world that coexists with the world of humans. However, some are known to walk alongside man and the other peoples of the Earth, and even fall in love with those who are not 'one of them.' Epie is the unusual result of one of these unions.

Abilities: Weak terrakinesis and a natural aptitude for runes and warding.

Dorm: Ward.

Personality: Although at first glance she seems to be a regular, friendly and helpful individual, Epie can actually be quite prideful and vindictive. She is not the type to immediately treat someone as if they should defer to you, but it's a slow and surprisingly distinct change from 'I'd like to help and get to know you' to 'You'd better know that if I do this for you, you're going to have to pay me back with your loyalty.' Aside from this slight flaw to her reasoning and thinking and her extremely dry wit, Epie could very well be a good asset to her House.

Appearance: ((I can't seem to find a good ref for her, so written description it is.)) Epie is a slightly plumper-than-usual girl of about 5"3. She has loose curls that seem to be nigh-untameable and horns that frame her face near-perfectly. Her skin is of a similar hue to an oak tree, and she has markings littering her body that imitate the bark of a cypress.

Other: bleps
http://static.skaip.org/img/emoticons/180x180/f6fcff/turkey.gif
please join my rp, tyty

Hallowed Echo
December 1st, 2016, 10:05 AM
I'll fill out my form later.)

SkyHeart
December 1st, 2016, 10:11 AM
(Kitty will come back soon :3)

Hallowed Echo
December 1st, 2016, 10:54 AM
Name: Conner
Classes: Summoning, Potion-making, Majick, Alchemy, History, Ancient Runes.
Species {humanoid please~}: Cat Human Hybrid
Abilities {nothin too op}: Wind Manipulation.
Dorm: Ward
Personality {no tbrps!!}: Curious, Adventurous, Friendly, Gentle.
Appearance: Black hair with blue and brown eyes. His cat ears are white with black tips, same with tail.
Other: Olly Olly Oxenfree

SkyHeart
December 1st, 2016, 01:31 PM
Name: Kitty Kat

Classes: Majick, Control Over Shapeshifting, Potion making, The Arts, Summoning, Alchemy

Species {humanoid please~}: Winged Cat Person

Abilities {nothin too op}: Kitty can transform into her cat form, has extra agility, fly, go into dreams and partially control them, and has size shifting powers.

Dorm: Edwards (I think that's what she was in last time XD)

Personality {no tbrps!!}: Kitty is a kind girl who enjoys to have fun and go on adventures. She is somewhat curious when it comes to certain things and she can be shy depending on the situation. Kitty is also childish if she sees something that she likes (If it's what most people consider for kids.). Lastly, she sometimes enjoys acting like a cat for fun. More to be added as le RP progresses.

Appearance: Kitty is small in height with light brown hair that goes down to the middle of her back and light brown eyes. She also has light brown cat ears and tail. Kitty wears a small turquoise bow in her hair with matching sneakers and a turquoise tank top that has thick straps and ruffles on the top portion. She also wears jeans and has white wings. She is a fluffy white cat with brown eyes when she's in her cat form.

(Optional) history: (Lazy XD Sowy)

Other: Olly olly oxenfree Oxiclean XDDDD