PDA

View Full Version : My art (Just needing advice for now)

The Mad Katter
January 16th, 2017, 04:48 PM
So, I've been stalking everyone's art for a while now, and I noticed how great everyone is at drawing. I just drew a cat today and it would be nice if I could get some advice as I'm hoping on drawing more and maybe accepting art requests in the future.
Anyway, here's the cat!

meraki
January 16th, 2017, 04:50 PM
hm, well, for starters, your art is pretty good ^^ but i'd refrain from using a pose such as the one that you used, you should give a bit of "character," you know? a bit of life cx. for example, maybe have their head turned towards the viewer with a look of shock or excitement. it gives the drawing a story and adds more depth ^^

The Mad Katter
January 16th, 2017, 04:53 PM
hm, well, for starters, your art is pretty good ^^ but i'd refrain from using a pose such as the one that you used, you should give a bit of "character," you know? a bit of life cx. for example, maybe have their head turned towards the viewer with a look of shock or excitement. it gives the drawing a story and adds more depth ^^

Thanks! I tried other poses, but couldn't quite get them right.

meraki
January 16th, 2017, 04:55 PM
Thanks! I tried other poses, but couldn't quite get them right.
haha don't worry, poses take time to learn ^^ im not very good at poses myself haha

The Mad Katter
January 16th, 2017, 05:01 PM
haha don't worry, poses take time to learn ^^ im not very good at poses myself haha

Really? I saw your art and it was amazing!! I think you're awesome at drawing different poses!

meraki
January 16th, 2017, 05:07 PM
Really? I saw your art and it was amazing!! I think you're awesome at drawing different poses!
awe thank you! < 3 but i'm really only good at sitting poses, still working on upright ones ^^ anyway, just practice as often as you can, and you'll get better and better each day ^^

The Mad Katter
January 16th, 2017, 05:24 PM
awe thank you! < 3 but i'm really only good at sitting poses, still working on upright ones ^^ anyway, just practice as often as you can, and you'll get better and better each day ^^
You're welcome! And thanks for the advice!