PDA

View Full Version : Enyo's Rut [Private]

Nightpool
January 15th, 2017, 10:47 AM
@Lonestar23 (http://www.warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=42)

The she-cat had a very quaint fur pattern. She was stretched out lazily in the center of the clearing, her fur neatly groomed. She expected nobody to come, and the crabby molly was insanely protective of her rightful territory. She got up, patrolling the turf. The rosettes beautifully spotted her coat, and she sat down to lick a paw. Enyo, named after the goddess of warfare, was named befittingly s. She growled aggressively at the sound of scuttling, and unsheathed her claws. She pounced on a grimy rat that scurried along, her jaws fastening steadfastly around its jugular. She lifted her head, rubbernecking at every nook that established itself in any area plausible. Her territory, on the other hand, was not very tangible, as it was bedraggled and disarrayed. She licked a white paw, and blinked her eyes. Enyo could be considered preposterous in her nature, however, she was not. She had lived with her parents, who were less than stable. She pressed her lithe body up against a cold wall, her thin fur a provision of satisfactory ministration. Enyo felt as if she could barely survive, when the inclement weather of Leafbare kept nipping at her.

She stretched her forearms in a yawn, and got up. That is, until she heard something much larger than a rodent in size approach. Assuming a hostile stance, Enyo crouched down, fur prickling. "Who's there?" she roared. This early in the morning, she felt as if she could barely move, her bones brittle and gaze wary. "C'mon," she muttered with a growl, "I know you're there!" Enyo stood up when she heard no more footsteps, but her guard was still deft. The lanky she-cat tiptoed forwards, her pads stinging from the pavement blanketed with frost, and stopped. She could see a large shadow cast across the wall. Narrowing her eyes, Enyo stepped back, preparing to flee. She disliked revealing her languor and small decrepitude, which, in multitudes was very little. Yet when she did, she made sure her eyesight was sharp. After all, it was her territory, and her skills were as honed as her claws when it came to defending it. Enyo wasn't sure if the cat was hesitating, but from the smell that drifted in an alluvion of scents into her small vat, showed that it was, in fact, a feline.

This was it. Enyo crawled forwards, tail lashing in a sprig of hope. Her fur bristled, and finally, Enyo pounced. She didn't wish to humiliate herself by regarding that it was yet another mouse, an infinitesimal morsel that she could consume for her own atonement, but seeing that it was a cat was more than enough to make the she-cat's day. With a wily grin on her face, she pinned a much larger cat down. Fear surged through her, and she solicited herself to try and get off of it. She began to panic mentally, and scamper off, but she found herself stuck. She shouldn't have tried to attack the intruder.

lone
January 15th, 2017, 01:24 PM
@Lonestar23 (http://www.warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=42)

The she-cat had a very quaint fur pattern. She was stretched out lazily in the center of the clearing, her fur neatly groomed. She expected nobody to come, and the crabby molly was insanely protective of her rightful territory. She got up, patrolling the turf. The rosettes beautifully spotted her coat, and she sat down to lick a paw. Enyo, named after the goddess of warfare, was named befittingly s. She growled aggressively at the sound of scuttling, and unsheathed her claws. She pounced on a grimy rat that scurried along, her jaws fastening steadfastly around its jugular. She lifted her head, rubbernecking at every nook that established itself in any area plausible. Her territory, on the other hand, was not very tangible, as it was bedraggled and disarrayed. She licked a white paw, and blinked her eyes. Enyo could be considered preposterous in her nature, however, she was not. She had lived with her parents, who were less than stable. She pressed her lithe body up against a cold wall, her thin fur a provision of satisfactory ministration. Enyo felt as if she could barely survive, when the inclement weather of Leafbare kept nipping at her.

She stretched her forearms in a yawn, and got up. That is, until she heard something much larger than a rodent in size approach. Assuming a hostile stance, Enyo crouched down, fur prickling. "Who's there?" she roared. This early in the morning, she felt as if she could barely move, her bones brittle and gaze wary. "C'mon," she muttered with a growl, "I know you're there!" Enyo stood up when she heard no more footsteps, but her guard was still deft. The lanky she-cat tiptoed forwards, her pads stinging from the pavement blanketed with frost, and stopped. She could see a large shadow cast across the wall. Narrowing her eyes, Enyo stepped back, preparing to flee. She disliked revealing her languor and small decrepitude, which, in multitudes was very little. Yet when she did, she made sure her eyesight was sharp. After all, it was her territory, and her skills were as honed as her claws when it came to defending it. Enyo wasn't sure if the cat was hesitating, but from the smell that drifted in an alluvion of scents into her small vat, showed that it was, in fact, a feline.

This was it. Enyo crawled forwards, tail lashing in a sprig of hope. Her fur bristled, and finally, Enyo pounced. She didn't wish to humiliate herself by regarding that it was yet another mouse, an infinitesimal morsel that she could consume for her own atonement, but seeing that it was a cat was more than enough to make the she-cat's day. With a wily grin on her face, she pinned a much larger cat down. Fear surged through her, and she solicited herself to try and get off of it. She began to panic mentally, and scamper off, but she found herself stuck. She shouldn't have tried to attack the intruder.

Claw padded into the territory, the white tom's dark hues glittering in the sunlight. He didn't have the thickest pelt and leafbare always seemed to cut through his pelt. Snowflakes landed on it, making him look like a tuxedo cat, and he padded onwards. He could catch the faint scent of a cat, and his dark hues narrowed. His expression was frustrated...he had sort of been hoping to get some rest. The young tom was limping- his hind leg had been sliced by a fox, and he was beginning to hate foxes more then ever. Claw's dark hues flashed with anger as he caught sight of a she cat, pinning a larger figure. Although Claw was a loner, and very rarely cared what happened to other cats, he couldn't help but feel a surge of anger at seeing this injustice. This other cat hadn't been doing anything at all! All of a sudden, this she cat had just...attacked them without a reason! If he didn't do something soon, one of them was going to get very badly hurt. The tom sprang towards the two cats, his hind limb beginning to send shooting pains through his body. He tried his best to ignore it, but it was almost impossible to bear weight on it. The young tom gave a soft yowl of pain, before springing towards the two cats again. He was a fan of fighting, but when it was unfair like this...he didn't like it. The tom sprang through the air, his hind limb stinging as he did so, and barreled into Enyo's side in an attempt to get the she cat off of the tom. His hind limb stung and felt much more painful then it had in a long time. The tom gave another yowl of pain and fury, lifting his hind limb off the ground as he faced the she cat. "What do you think you're doing? That's hardly a fair fight!" He snarled, facing her and lashing his tail angrily. His hind limb was still lifted up off the ground and his expression was angry, but he managed to hide the pain by putting weight on it momentarily to make himself seem stronger. His expression contorted with pain, but he tried his best to hide it as he continued to glare at Enyo.

Nightpool
January 15th, 2017, 01:34 PM
Claw padded into the territory, the white tom's dark hues glittering in the sunlight. He didn't have the thickest pelt and leafbare always seemed to cut through his pelt. Snowflakes landed on it, making him look like a tuxedo cat, and he padded onwards. He could catch the faint scent of a cat, and his dark hues narrowed. His expression was frustrated...he had sort of been hoping to get some rest. The young tom was limping- his hind leg had been sliced by a fox, and he was beginning to hate foxes more then ever. Claw's dark hues flashed with anger as he caught sight of a she cat, pinning a larger figure. Although Claw was a loner, and very rarely cared what happened to other cats, he couldn't help but feel a surge of anger at seeing this injustice. This other cat hadn't been doing anything at all! All of a sudden, this she cat had just...attacked them without a reason! If he didn't do something soon, one of them was going to get very badly hurt. The tom sprang towards the two cats, his hind limb beginning to send shooting pains through his body. He tried his best to ignore it, but it was almost impossible to bear weight on it. The young tom gave a soft yowl of pain, before springing towards the two cats again. He was a fan of fighting, but when it was unfair like this...he didn't like it. The tom sprang through the air, his hind limb stinging as he did so, and barreled into Enyo's side in an attempt to get the she cat off of the tom. His hind limb stung and felt much more painful then it had in a long time. The tom gave another yowl of pain and fury, lifting his hind limb off the ground as he faced the she cat. "What do you think you're doing? That's hardly a fair fight!" He snarled, facing her and lashing his tail angrily. His hind limb was still lifted up off the ground and his expression was angry, but he managed to hide the pain by putting weight on it momentarily to make himself seem stronger. His expression contorted with pain, but he tried his best to hide it as he continued to glare at Enyo.

Gasping, Enyo reeled back. "I didn't know you were already injured!" she retorted, frustrated. She collapsed back onto the snowy ground, the asphalt definitely a rough landing for her back. The tabby she-cat winced, getting up. Claw had dealt some damage on her, certainly. She had an oozing gash on her shoulder now, blood dripping horribly from it. Her seafoam blue eyes bored into Claw's. She lifted her white paws off of the ground, shuddering. "Not many cats come here, anyways," she added breathlessly. She wondered what had brought Claw here, as much as her hostility urged her to dislike him. Generally speaking, veteran fighters battle with veteran fighters, and even with a crippled leg, Claw seemed like he meant business. She straightened up, her triceps ached like crazy. So, she glared into Claw's eyes, panting, but didn't say a word.

She was frightened by the fact that it hadn't been a paltry mouse, but then again, what did she expect every single time? Enyo's ears flattened with debilitation, and her steps promptly receded. She stepped back into her mossy nest, and she found her back paw stained with blood. It squelched in the moss rags that composed her nest, and she cowered slightly beneath Claw. She wasn't injured that badly, yet she did occasionally wobble. She stared up at Claw tiredly.

lone
January 15th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Gasping, Enyo reeled back. "I didn't know you were already injured!" she retorted, frustrated. She collapsed back onto the snowy ground, the asphalt definitely a rough landing for her back. The tabby she-cat winced, getting up. Claw had dealt some damage on her, certainly. She had an oozing gash on her shoulder now, blood dripping horribly from it. Her seafoam blue eyes bored into Claw's. She lifted her white paws off of the ground, shuddering. "Not many cats come here, anyways," she added breathlessly. She wondered what had brought Claw here, as much as her hostility urged her to dislike him. Generally speaking, veteran fighters battle with veteran fighters, and even with a crippled leg, Claw seemed like he meant business. She straightened up, her triceps ached like crazy. So, she glared into Claw's eyes, panting, but didn't say a word.

She was frightened by the fact that it hadn't been a paltry mouse, but then again, what did she expect every single time? Enyo's ears flattened with debilitation, and her steps promptly receded. She stepped back into her mossy nest, and she found her back paw stained with blood. It squelched in the moss rags that composed her nest, and she cowered slightly beneath Claw. She wasn't injured that badly, yet she did occasionally wobble. She stared up at Claw tiredly.

"It doesn't matter. Whether I was injured or not, it wouldn't have mattered. You have no right to attack innocent travelers...or do you always attack cats who dare to venture onto your land?" Claw asked in a hiss, his dark hues sparking once more with frustration. He was angry. Angrier then he remembered being in a long time...and he was especially angry for allowing himself to be attacked. His dark hues glanced over the tabby, and he caught sight of the slash on the she cat's shoulder. He had done that. He had been lecturing her about attacking and he had hurt her very badly. Well, she would live. It wasn't a fatal hit. The tom's tail twitched back and forth and his expression faltered for a moment, before he gave her a curious glance and sighed. "Look. I'm sorry I hurt you. If you rest, that cut will heal right up. I'll be moving on soon, but if you don't mind...I would like to spend the night here. I was injured in a fight a half moon ago, and it's a fairly deep cut. It keeps getting reopened. So if you don't mind, I need to rest. Here would be best but if you prefer, I can move on." Claw hissed in his low voice, his expression dark and cold. His dark hues showed no sign of emotion, although Claw was not an emotionless cat. He had felt anger, hostility...and even some of the lighter emotions such as happiness and once, love. But that had been a long time ago, and Claw sincerely doubted he would ever feel love's sharp sting again. He waited for Enyo's answer, his dark hues fixed on the tabby. Before he had sliced her shoulder, she had been fairly neat looking...attractive, perhaps would be a good word for it. As attractive as another cat might be, Claw was not attracted to a she cat by that. He was more attracted by a cat by their personality. And at the moment, he had quite a strong hostility against the young she cat.

Nightpool
January 15th, 2017, 01:58 PM
"It doesn't matter. Whether I was injured or not, it wouldn't have mattered. You have no right to attack innocent travelers...or do you always attack cats who dare to venture onto your land?" Claw asked in a hiss, his dark hues sparking once more with frustration. He was angry. Angrier then he remembered being in a long time...and he was especially angry for allowing himself to be attacked. His dark hues glanced over the tabby, and he caught sight of the slash on the she cat's shoulder. He had done that. He had been lecturing her about attacking and he had hurt her very badly. Well, she would live. It wasn't a fatal hit. The tom's tail twitched back and forth and his expression faltered for a moment, before he gave her a curious glance and sighed. "Look. I'm sorry I hurt you. If you rest, that cut will heal right up. I'll be moving on soon, but if you don't mind...I would like to spend the night here. I was injured in a fight a half moon ago, and it's a fairly deep cut. It keeps getting reopened. So if you don't mind, I need to rest. Here would be best but if you prefer, I can move on." Claw hissed in his low voice, his expression dark and cold. His dark hues showed no sign of emotion, although Claw was not an emotionless cat. He had felt anger, hostility...and even some of the lighter emotions such as happiness and once, love. But that had been a long time ago, and Claw sincerely doubted he would ever feel love's sharp sting again. He waited for Enyo's answer, his dark hues fixed on the tabby. Before he had sliced her shoulder, she had been fairly neat looking...attractive, perhaps would be a good word for it. As attractive as another cat might be, Claw was not attracted to a she cat by that. He was more attracted by a cat by their personality. And at the moment, he had quite a strong hostility against the young she cat.

"Do you think I wasn't surprised?" Enyo asked, huffing. The two cats were disparate, even immensely so. She stared at the tom, his dark hues patterning his white pelt. She listened to his request. She didn't like other cats very much. Her ears were ticked backwards, and her tail was still lashing. Yeah, waltz right into here and do whatever you want, she thought gravely. She looked straight into Claw's eyes, not quite liking his personality. He must've gotten attacked by a fox or some other dangerous animal, and he was too indolent to fight back. Or perhaps he did, but his skill wasn't sharp enough. When she caught wind of his words, she was shocked. Asking to stay with me? Ugh! Enyo thought irritably. It's Leafbare, maybe once... she wondered. The sandy she-cat finally decided on a resolution that would work for the both of them. Sighing, and feeling the urge to look abroad in disgust, she replied. "Fine," she growled. "I'll let you stay, but you can't sleep anywhere close to me." Enyo shuffled over to a bald patch in the depression in the alleyway, and pointed her whip-like tail to an alcove nearby.

lone
January 20th, 2017, 01:43 AM
"Do you think I wasn't surprised?" Enyo asked, huffing. The two cats were disparate, even immensely so. She stared at the tom, his dark hues patterning his white pelt. She listened to his request. She didn't like other cats very much. Her ears were ticked backwards, and her tail was still lashing. Yeah, waltz right into here and do whatever you want, she thought gravely. She looked straight into Claw's eyes, not quite liking his personality. He must've gotten attacked by a fox or some other dangerous animal, and he was too indolent to fight back. Or perhaps he did, but his skill wasn't sharp enough. When she caught wind of his words, she was shocked. Asking to stay with me? Ugh! Enyo thought irritably. It's Leafbare, maybe once... she wondered. The sandy she-cat finally decided on a resolution that would work for the both of them. Sighing, and feeling the urge to look abroad in disgust, she replied. "Fine," she growled. "I'll let you stay, but you can't sleep anywhere close to me." Enyo shuffled over to a bald patch in the depression in the alleyway, and pointed her whip-like tail to an alcove nearby.

Claw kept his eye contact with the she cat, not wanting to look away. Having been trained in fighting, Claw knew to keep an opponent's eye contact or look at the place you were planning on attacking. Never away. If he dared to look away, this bold she cat might attack him. And he couldn't afford another injury. "Whether you were surprised or not doesn't apply. You can't go around attacking any cat who might have perfectly honorable intentions- what if I had been a young and inexperienced cat? No matter how large I was you could have killed me. You're lucky k don't hold grudges." Claw grunted, shifting his weight off of his injured limb with a wince. Pain shot through the leg and he winced, his eyes closing for a moment and he gave a grunt of pain. "I wouldn't dream of it." He growled, limping towards the spot where Enyo had pointed to. She was infuriating- and now his wound was opening up again. The dried blood didn't seem to seal it very well. This tended to annoy Claw, as he knew it should be healing...still, there was no doubt that the wound would scar. Perhaps it would give him the 'leave me alone' impression that he desired to portray.

Nightpool
January 20th, 2017, 06:46 AM
Claw kept his eye contact with the she cat, not wanting to look away. Having been trained in fighting, Claw knew to keep an opponent's eye contact or look at the place you were planning on attacking. Never away. If he dared to look away, this bold she cat might attack him. And he couldn't afford another injury. "Whether you were surprised or not doesn't apply. You can't go around attacking any cat who might have perfectly honorable intentions- what if I had been a young and inexperienced cat? No matter how large I was you could have killed me. You're lucky k don't hold grudges." Claw grunted, shifting his weight off of his injured limb with a wince. Pain shot through the leg and he winced, his eyes closing for a moment and he gave a grunt of pain. "I wouldn't dream of it." He growled, limping towards the spot where Enyo had pointed to. She was infuriating- and now his wound was opening up again. The dried blood didn't seem to seal it very well. This tended to annoy Claw, as he knew it should be healing...still, there was no doubt that the wound would scar. Perhaps it would give him the 'leave me alone' impression that he desired to portray.

Enyo said nothing in response, deciding not to waste her breath on a useless quibble. The wound had already been there, and besides, how would she know? Did he expect her to be non-territorial, and let any little cat wander in whenever they felt like it? She grunted, sitting down very far away from Claw indeed. She rested her head on her paws, thinking of vengeance—not towards Claw, but towards the cats of the clans. She begrudgingly shifted in her mossy nest, straying far from Claw. She picked at the moss and lichen, though her claws made no noise. She thought of her old name, and how she despised it so. But, she fell asleep nonetheless. Maybe Claw would scar her in return during her slumber? It didn't matter. If he stayed by morning, Enyo would wait until he left. If he strictly refused to, something was wrong. For a moment, she thought she felt regret for the tom. It was there, just... barely. Her thoughts swirled and drained into the dreary pipe of sleep, and her gaze was soon swallowed up by the sullen, rebarbative blackness of nagging lethargy.

Perhaps tomorrow morning would be better.

lone
January 28th, 2017, 11:13 AM
Enyo said nothing in response, deciding not to waste her breath on a useless quibble. The wound had already been there, and besides, how would she know? Did he expect her to be non-territorial, and let any little cat wander in whenever they felt like it? She grunted, sitting down very far away from Claw indeed. She rested her head on her paws, thinking of vengeance—not towards Claw, but towards the cats of the clans. She begrudgingly shifted in her mossy nest, straying far from Claw. She picked at the moss and lichen, though her claws made no noise. She thought of her old name, and how she despised it so. But, she fell asleep nonetheless. Maybe Claw would scar her in return during her slumber? It didn't matter. If he stayed by morning, Enyo would wait until he left. If he strictly refused to, something was wrong. For a moment, she thought she felt regret for the tom. It was there, just... barely. Her thoughts swirled and drained into the dreary pipe of sleep, and her gaze was soon swallowed up by the sullen, rebarbative blackness of nagging lethargy.

Perhaps tomorrow morning would be better.

Claw curled up into a small, small ball. He was used to sleeping like this...it made him look more like a stone, or a lump on the ground rather then a cat who would be easy to attack. Once he had been stepped on by a human- a lone human. Claw could remember humans, vile creatures who threw things at him, chasing him out of his home...never once had he met a decent one. He glanced over at Enyo. If she doesn't rest, she's going to reopen that wound. The softer part of his mind thought, and then he curled his tail around himself, the tip of it touching his nose and feeling a lot like a feather tickling it. Not my problem. Whatever blood she loses can only make her weaker, so if she does have the nerve to attack me again...she's going to lose. Claw thought, looking at his own jagged cut. It was healing nicely...it had stopped bleeding from being reopened and he hoped that this time it would stay that way. Despite his appearance and his rough nature, he didn't actually want to hurt anybody. He preferred to be pleasant if he could, but this she cat made it very hard to do so. Tomorrow's another day. Tomorrow I get out of here. He thought, as he fell asleep on the colder ground.
(Timeskip to tomorrow morning?)

Nightpool
January 29th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Claw curled up into a small, small ball. He was used to sleeping like this...it made him look more like a stone, or a lump on the ground rather then a cat who would be easy to attack. Once he had been stepped on by a human- a lone human. Claw could remember humans, vile creatures who threw things at him, chasing him out of his home...never once had he met a decent one. He glanced over at Enyo. If she doesn't rest, she's going to reopen that wound. The softer part of his mind thought, and then he curled his tail around himself, the tip of it touching his nose and feeling a lot like a feather tickling it. Not my problem. Whatever blood she loses can only make her weaker, so if she does have the nerve to attack me again...she's going to lose. Claw thought, looking at his own jagged cut. It was healing nicely...it had stopped bleeding from being reopened and he hoped that this time it would stay that way. Despite his appearance and his rough nature, he didn't actually want to hurt anybody. He preferred to be pleasant if he could, but this she cat made it very hard to do so. Tomorrow's another day. Tomorrow I get out of here. He thought, as he fell asleep on the colder ground.
(Timeskip to tomorrow morning?)

(Yeah, do you want to timeskip or me?)

lone
January 29th, 2017, 11:46 AM
(Yeah, do you want to timeskip or me?)
{You, if that's okay}

Nightpool
February 2nd, 2017, 06:23 PM
{You, if that's okay}

[Timeskip]

Enyo stretched her muscles, which terribly ached from how she'd been coiled up all night, trying to stay away from Claw as much as possible. The shock of the cold weather streamed over her emulate-patterned pelt, and so, she got up. She looked at Claw, and maybe some warmth peeked into her gaze, but not much. At least he isn't a clan cat. Enyo thought acerbically. At least he isn't Sleet. she continued, resisting a shudder. The tomcat laid there, and he appeared innocent as he slept. The gash in his leg was healing, but that may be because the injury was opened up when she... brutally attacked him. She flinched at the thought. She'd allow him to get up himself, no matter. The she-cat laid back down in her mossy nest.

Her gaze flitted over him, ears flicking crossly as the wind buffeted the tussock of fur astray on her skull. Noticing it, she embarrassedly placed a paw on in, flattening it. The Dusk Syndicate was not far off, and she wanted Claw to leave before they found out he was resting there. Scintillating low in the sky was the sun, threatening to come up. She watched it contentedly, before Claw would awaken and make belittling and trenchant comments. She sighed softly.

lone
February 6th, 2017, 11:36 AM
[Timeskip]

Enyo stretched her muscles, which terribly ached from how she'd been coiled up all night, trying to stay away from Claw as much as possible. The shock of the cold weather streamed over her emulate-patterned pelt, and so, she got up. She looked at Claw, and maybe some warmth peeked into her gaze, but not much. At least he isn't a clan cat. Enyo thought acerbically. At least he isn't Sleet. she continued, resisting a shudder. The tomcat laid there, and he appeared innocent as he slept. The gash in his leg was healing, but that may be because the injury was opened up when she... brutally attacked him. She flinched at the thought. She'd allow him to get up himself, no matter. The she-cat laid back down in her mossy nest.

Her gaze flitted over him, ears flicking crossly as the wind buffeted the tussock of fur astray on her skull. Noticing it, she embarrassedly placed a paw on in, flattening it. The Dusk Syndicate was not far off, and she wanted Claw to leave before they found out he was resting there. Scintillating low in the sky was the sun, threatening to come up. She watched it contentedly, before Claw would awaken and make belittling and trenchant comments. She sighed softly.
Claw awoke, his white pelt windblown and messy now as he awoke, stretching out and then wincing as his injured limb burned in protest. He was exhausted, but he knew he had to move on. He was not welcome on her territory. He was never welcomed anywhere. Though perhaps she could have been a bit more friendly and not attacked him the minute he set paw on her territory, he knew that there were cats who would steal her territory for fun. Just because they wanted it. A growl rumbled low in his throat and he got to his paws, padding over towards the she cat with a semi-calm expression. "Thank you for allowing me to stay here. I'll be moving on now." He mewed, lowering his head in respect. They may have gotten off to a bad start- well, alright, a violent start- but he knew that respect would probably allow him to leave unharmed.
He had experience with cats who would agree to allow him to leave their land, then suddenly attack him. What kind of monsters did that? Claw knew, but he didn't wish to speak about them. Besides, Enyo didn't strike him as the type of cat to break a promise. She seemed to be reluctant about it, but he guessed her word was as good as his. When Claw gave his word, he never broke it. No matter the consequences he would not go back on his word...he considered it to be the highest promise you could make. It was important to him that promises were kept, otherwise...well...he knew he wouldn't be able to really attack her, in fact there was nothing he could do, but he definitely wouldn't be happy about it. He wasn't much of an offensive fighter- he was more of a defensive fighter, since he knew that some cats had reasons for their unexplained attacks.
He didn't see that Enyo did. She seemed to have plentiful territory, was there really harm in letting him go past unscathed? Apparently not, according to the reopened wound on his leg. "Before I do leave, can I have your permission to hunt here?" He asked in his rough voice, trying to make it as calm as possible. He didn't want her to see his desperation. She would not see how badly he needed to hunt. His posture remained calm, although a flicker of something that could have been desperation flitted across his hues as they gazed into hers, two pools of almost emotionless color except for the desperation that seemed to be welling beneath the surface.

Nightpool
February 6th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Claw awoke, his white pelt windblown and messy now as he awoke, stretching out and then wincing as his injured limb burned in protest. He was exhausted, but he knew he had to move on. He was not welcome on her territory. He was never welcomed anywhere. Though perhaps she could have been a bit more friendly and not attacked him the minute he set paw on her territory, he knew that there were cats who would steal her territory for fun. Just because they wanted it. A growl rumbled low in his throat and he got to his paws, padding over towards the she cat with a semi-calm expression. "Thank you for allowing me to stay here. I'll be moving on now." He mewed, lowering his head in respect. They may have gotten off to a bad start- well, alright, a violent start- but he knew that respect would probably allow him to leave unharmed.
He had experience with cats who would agree to allow him to leave their land, then suddenly attack him. What kind of monsters did that? Claw knew, but he didn't wish to speak about them. Besides, Enyo didn't strike him as the type of cat to break a promise. She seemed to be reluctant about it, but he guessed her word was as good as his. When Claw gave his word, he never broke it. No matter the consequences he would not go back on his word...he considered it to be the highest promise you could make. It was important to him that promises were kept, otherwise...well...he knew he wouldn't be able to really attack her, in fact there was nothing he could do, but he definitely wouldn't be happy about it. He wasn't much of an offensive fighter- he was more of a defensive fighter, since he knew that some cats had reasons for their unexplained attacks.
He didn't see that Enyo did. She seemed to have plentiful territory, was there really harm in letting him go past unscathed? Apparently not, according to the reopened wound on his leg. "Before I do leave, can I have your permission to hunt here?" He asked in his rough voice, trying to make it as calm as possible. He didn't want her to see his desperation. She would not see how badly he needed to hunt. His posture remained calm, although a flicker of something that could have been desperation flitted across his hues as they gazed into hers, two pools of almost emotionless color except for the desperation that seemed to be welling beneath the surface.

Enyo saw Claw approaching her, and she resisted a cringe, bracing for his cross greeting. He instead, spoke with seemingly an unimpeachable calmness. She saw no mutinous lash of his tail. His words buzzed in the air, skating out of his maw. She tilted her head, believing him to be... not satisfied, but better. "Look..." Enyo hesitated. "I'm sorry. It's just that no one ever comes here, and maybe if I'd stop being a mouse-brain and sheath my claws, I wouldn't have reopened that wound." Enyo would not have felt such pity if Claw was a clan cat. But she guessed that he craved victual food, so she opened her mouth to offer. But he asked first, and she nodded. "Sure," she said, voice devoid of emotion, but she wondered whether he'd be able to cope with his crippled limb. She didn't protest, however, in fear that he'd make a spiteful retort. So she dipped her head, almost noticing the desperation. Her heart twisted, and more guilt swamped her.

She stepped back, eyes flashing. "I'll do some hunting, too," she decided quietly, parting from Claw. Her gaze arced the clearing, and she stalked forwards. Her pelt was tabular, her ears pricked. She didn't want to hunt with Claw; she wasn't in the mood, and besides, he wouldn't appreciate it much, either. She leapt forwards, and just ineptly grabbed a rabbit. What's my mind on? wondered Enyo, suppressing a hiss. I needn't feel sorry for Claw—he's leaving soon, anyways. Enyo pulled the coney towards her, and lapped up its flesh. She felt like she shouldn't finish it completely, though—in case Claw's injured leg hindered his hunting. Shaking her head at the mouse-brained idea, she scarfed down the rest of the rabbit.

lone
February 9th, 2017, 12:58 AM
Enyo saw Claw approaching her, and she resisted a cringe, bracing for his cross greeting. He instead, spoke with seemingly an unimpeachable calmness. She saw no mutinous lash of his tail. His words buzzed in the air, skating out of his maw. She tilted her head, believing him to be... not satisfied, but better. "Look..." Enyo hesitated. "I'm sorry. It's just that no one ever comes here, and maybe if I'd stop being a mouse-brain and sheath my claws, I wouldn't have reopened that wound." Enyo would not have felt such pity if Claw was a clan cat. But she guessed that he craved victual food, so she opened her mouth to offer. But he asked first, and she nodded. "Sure," she said, voice devoid of emotion, but she wondered whether he'd be able to cope with his crippled limb. She didn't protest, however, in fear that he'd make a spiteful retort. So she dipped her head, almost noticing the desperation. Her heart twisted, and more

She stepped back, eyes flashing. "I'll do some hunting, too," she decided quietly, parting from Claw. Her gaze arced the clearing, and she stalked forwards. Her pelt was tabular, her ears pricked. She didn't want to hunt with Claw; she wasn't in the mood, and besides, he wouldn't appreciate it much, either. She leapt forwards, and just ineptly grabbed a rabbit. What's my mind on? wondered Enyo, suppressing a hiss. I needn't feel sorry for Claw—he's leaving soon, anyways. Enyo pulled the coney towards her, and lapped up its flesh. She felt like she shouldn't finish it completely, though—in case Claw's injured leg hindered his hunting. Shaking her head at the mouse-brained idea, she scarfed down the rest of the rabbit.[/FONT][/CENTER]

Claw glanced at the she cat, his eyes flashing...but not so much with anger as with frustration. Who was she, anyway? Someone who could be wanting his death one moment and speaking so quietly, so...politelyto him the next was dangerous. That was all there was to it, she was dangerous. Plain and simple. A frustrated mew emitted from his maw and his tail twitched in the slightest amount of disbelief before he sighed, turning his hues onto her.
"I know. But- I- it was my fault for coming into your territory. Okay? I know first hand how hard it is to keep territory to yourself, so maybe- maybe I should've just stayed away when I scented another cat."Claw growled. He knew it was true- simply staying off of her land in the first place might have prevented the injury from ever being reopened. He glanced over at Enyo again and sighed. "Thank you. That means a lot- to be trusted. Its been a while since anyone has...allowedme, I should say, to stay on their territory, let alone hunt. I do thank you for that."Claw dipped his head in respect of the she cat.
As she spoke again, Claw's ears flicked backwards. Ah. So that was the catch- she didn't trust him enough to allow him to hunt on his own, oh no. She needed to escort him. It was it because he was injured? Or maybe, Claw, for once in your life Simone is actually being kind to you. So why don't you appreciate it?He scolded himself, although he knew why. There was no such thing as kindness. In his mind, kindness might as well not have existed. Honor. Trust. Power. Those were things that made a good cat, not...kindness. His eyes flirted over towards a rustling in the bushes and just like that, the white tom was gone- disappeared into the grasses after it.