PDA

View Full Version : ★ klaus' cove ★

oats
January 12th, 2017, 12:43 PM
The rain was pouring down, in thick, thick sheets, and Klaus was utterly, unfathomably lost. Not lost in the typical sense, though. He was curled in an alcove- warm, stuffed with leaves; the only home he had ever known. It definitely couldn't be where he was- perhaps it was what he was. A loner? A tom? Alone? The thin, raggedy loner simply could not put a paw on exactly where his dissatisfaction emerged from.
First things first, though: the most prominent problem he had at the moment was that he simply didn't know what to do with himself. Ages of playing at self-sufficiency had taught him that. He didn't grow up knowing his parents, or his littermates. Any of them. His mother stuck around just long enough to wean all four of his siblings, and then left, without a trace. All chances of scribbling an identity for himself together were dashed like a small gang of seagulls, in an instant.
No matter. Squeezing out of his little crag, Klaus quietly smoothed down the ruff of fur on his chest before looking around, surveying his territory- a small part of the beach. In his youth, the small black tom had never really tested the boundaries of where he could go, having ended up in quite a situation with one of the neighbouring groups of wildcats (warriors?) as a result of his recklessness before. It was better to not rock the boat, and that was that. So he had set up, made a home for himself; hunted, fought for his land. Nothing more, nothing less. All that was necessary to live off the lands he had claimed. 'Enough of that tosh, now,' he mumbled to himself, deciding to stop complaining when nobody was there to listen. So, with a delicate sniff, Klaus began scanning the damp sand for any murky traces of foreign scents. The beginning of another day's busywork, it seemed.

Braveheartedwarrior
January 12th, 2017, 01:20 PM
"Wet, Wet, Wet!"
A distant hissing could be heard alongside the pouring rain. Drenched, soaked, and obviously wet, a male Maine Coon Tortoiseshell cat strutted along the frigid sand.
"Why must it rain so often?" The Tortoiseshell groaned as he sauntered around the territory. The tom was merely looking for a place to stay for he had been a homeless rouge, shunned out from his previous clan. He had committed treason; killing another clanmate.
The tom pointed his tiny muzzle to the sky, hoping to sense somecat around to possibly interact with.

http://www.ofoldlineplace.de/katzen/BellaBella2.jpg

oats
January 12th, 2017, 01:30 PM
As if by some strange force, Klaus suddenly saw a tortoiseshell-shaped blur slide into his vision. 'That was certainly.. fast,' he muttered to himself, puffing his pelt up to make himself seem bigger. Calling out with about as much force his feeble lungs could muster, the tom bared his fangs and bit out the words "Who are you?"
It'd be easier to deal with this if he seemed quite unfriendly- as a rule of thumb, he knew that the larger, stronger he looked, the more chance he'd have to get them out. Flicking his ear and slowly raising his hackles, he paced to and fro. Whoever this was, they'd better not be wasting his time.

Braveheartedwarrior
January 12th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Momentarily shocked, tortoiseshell took several pawsteps back.

"I-I mean no harm!" He uttered. The tom thought about what he just said. You're a disgrace to be stuttering! For Starclan's sake, you have clan blood!
The Tom shook off his tone, and re-positioned himself to stand tall, in a prideful manner.
"Now, I could say the same thing for you. Your den is awfully close to clan territory." The Tom mewed, making his tone sound more assertive. "I am Olive...pelt, a warrior from... Windclan." Olivepelt mewed, half lying. He had been banished from his clan. And in turn, his name no longer 'Olivepelt.'

oats
January 12th, 2017, 01:58 PM
There it was: the tom was merely a Windclan warrior passing through. Of course- why had Klaus not thought of that possibility before?
Mentally slamming a paw into his own face, the slim black tom flattened his pelt and gave the stranger a still-weary, but curious look. "Alright then, Olivepelt. And by the by, I know where my camp is. I don't bother the Clans, they don't pester me. For the most part."
Klaus knew what warriors were like- or at least, he hoped that. Honesty and wariness was probably going to win this battle. "What brings you here, anyways?"

Braveheartedwarrior
January 12th, 2017, 03:01 PM
"Just... checking.. the.. area?" Olivepelt mewed, even unsure of what he was saying. His tail swayed uneasily, for he was lying to a cat who seemed honest. "I'm- my clan is in need of prey, and I thought that I maybe could find something around these parts. I don't mean to disturb you, but are there any caverns around the area? I might find something I've been looking for around there."

Olivepelt had made his move. Looking for somewhere to sleep would be his first priority.

The Tortioeshell yawned, and shook his pelt off, spraying a few drops on the tom.
"Oops, sorry..." Olivepelt mewed.

oats
January 13th, 2017, 06:32 AM
Biting back a seething insult, Klaus looked away for a moment, attempting to quell the oncoming wave of annoyance washing over him. Why did he always have to deal with the annoying ones? Merely limiting himself to whisking his tail to and fro, the dark tom blinked as slow and deep as he could, trying to prove to himself (and Olivepelt,) that he was 100% calm. "Oh, rat-dung," he sniffed, now even more sopping wet than before. "Seems like I'm going to have to offer you a place to stay. Just.. Please. Don't do that again."

Braveheartedwarrior
January 13th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Briskly, Olivepelt nodded and bowed his head slightly, muttering his apology once more. He then looked put at the coal colored tom.
"Sorry if I'm putting you through trouble." Olivepelt mewed. His tail swayed excitedly; he had fooled the tom into getting a shelter, and now he could freely live.
"Now, do you know where this cavern is?" The Tortoiseshell questioned.