PDA

View Full Version : The Muddy Umbrella

Herontail
January 10th, 2017, 11:11 AM
(This is my first ever time posting in an official roleplay forum, so let me know if I do something wrong. Before I continue, there are two cats named Rain in the introduction. Rain the adult cat will be in cyan, and Rain the kit will be in normal blue.)

Red used to think that Rain was a good cat. They were both rogues who met one day when there was a terrible storm. Red, desperate for shelter, hid in an abandoned twoleg object, the same thing twolegs carried whenever a storm like this was going on. Later, she'd figure out it was a called an umbrella.

Well, while she was hiding in the muddy umbrella, she saw a cat, searching for shelter. She yelled to the cat, hoping to get its attention. She did, and she offered for the cat to come hide in the umbrella with her.

The cat accepted, and they hid together in the umbrella from the rain, chatting, until the rain stopped. For many moons after that, they met together at that umbrella. One day, Red told Rain that she had kits.

Rain was overjoyed.

A few days before the kits were supposed to be born, Red was out hunting when she heard a noise in the woods. She tried to run, but she was too late. A twoleg approached her and held out a hand. The twoleg reached out a hand, but Red didn't approach. She backed away slowly, ready to run. That was when she felt twoleg paws wrap around her, and felt herself be picked up.

Red was brought to a twoleg nest and was given a red collar. This twoleg nest is where she met a kittypet named Spirit. Spirit was the one who taught Red the twoleg terms, especially the word, "umbrella". Red always wanted Rain to be by her side when the kits were born, but, unfortunately, the kits were born in the twoleg nest. At least Spirit helped Red.

There were two kits. One looked just like Rain, thus the name "Rain". The other kit, Rain's sister, looked like Red, except with Rain's bright yellow eyes. Because of her eyes, this kit was named "Spark".

One day, Red was allowed outside, and she brought Rain and Spark to come with her. Red brought her kits to the umbrella she and Rain met, when she saw Rain, sitting there, waiting for Red. When Red came, carrying her kits, Rain yelled at Red for joining the kittypets without telling him, even when Red tried to explain she was captured. All Rain and Spark could do was watch. They didn't know who the mysterious cat was, and what they were arguing about. All they knew was that the two were angry, and that they were at an abandoned umbrella.

That day, Rain left Red alone, forced to take care of the kits themselves.

Many moons later, Red continued life as a kittypet, but she wasn't happy. She wanted to be free. The kits were watching the rain outside fall. Red sighed as she looked outside the window. Spark asked why Red was sad, and she explained that Rain did something bad to them. That day forward, the kits feared rain, not knowing that "Rain" was actually their father.

Spirit looked at the kits and told Red that they were old enough to be given away. Red freaked out; she didn't want to get rid of her kits. She decided it was finally time to escape.

Red and her kits jumped over the fence. Rain and Spark were already on the other side, and it was just Red who needed to escape. Suddenly, a twoleg ran out the nest and ran up to Red. She tried to jump away, but the twoleg grabbed her. She shouted at her kits to run and meet her at the muddy umbrella, and they did just that.

Every day, one of the two kits would venture out to find food while the other kit stayed inside the umbrella. This continued for a week when a storm came and the two kits were forced to starve inside the umbrella. Spark slept while Rain watched the rain fall. They were both afraid of the rain that fell, remembering when their mother told them that rain did something bad to her.

Suddenly, they heard a growl.

Spark and Rain saw a fox's head, peering into the umbrella. They knew they had to run out into the rain in order to escape the fox. Rain ran past the fox first, aware that Spark would soon run behind him. Rain ran out in the middle of the Thunderpath, but paused when he saw a monster a few tail-lengths nearby. He braced himself to be hit by the monster, but instead heard screeching. The monster had paused only inches from his face, but he knew he should run out the way, and so he did just that.

Rain looked back, hoping to see Spark getting ready to run across the Thunderpath, but instead saw a horrifying sight: Spark's limp body inside the mouth of the fox. The fox, not knowing where Rain was, disappeared into the woods.

Now we are here, a day later, when Rain is mourning for his dead sister and waiting for her mother to show up, inside the muddy umbrella.

(Was that good? I hope so.)

Shinyrobin
April 23rd, 2017, 11:59 PM
@Herontail (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=860)
{{Dang that is a good roleplay. Here's a cookie as a reward. *hands chocolate cookie*}}

Crow walked around on the hard stone of the twolegplace, taking in all the scents and sounds with a smile. Twoleg kits petted him excitedly, squealing when he began to giggle, his laughs sounding like chirps of a bird. The mothers shooed there children away from the rogue, pure disgust in their eyes as they looked at the bloody cat. Cocking his head in confusion, Crow continued to walk down the streets, the scent of death, fox, fear and a kit drifting into the air, filling his morbid head with curious ideas. He followed the scent, quickly finding the kit and the abandoned umbrella. With his wounds, smile, and the scent of blood and death sticking to his midnight black pelt, it made most strays in the twolegplace avoid him and fear him, and some of the tougher cats want to battle him, which he would agree to happily. Walking over to the kit, he cocked his head, lowering it to the kitten's head. "Nya ha, hello there!" He giggled, lowering his behind and laying down. "Whatcha doing other here all alone? Scaring some big old doggos? Ooo maybe this is a trap and a rock will fall on me! Pleeeaaase tell me there's a rock above me!" He said, strongly excited about his death. He looked up, actually expecting a boulder falling onto his head. "Helloooooo? Mr boulder?" He called out, and letout a disappointed whine when only his echo answered. "Drat!"