PDA

View Full Version : Waveshine's story

Socks
January 10th, 2017, 12:40 AM
So, character's story, in short bursts and stuff.

Chapter One:

The​ ​sound​ ​of​ ​wailing​ ​filled​ ​the​ ​tom’s​ ​ears,​ ​his​ ​paws​ ​working​ ​wildly​ ​to​ ​get​ ​to​ ​the​ ​shore,​ ​wet fur​ ​clamped​ ​between​ ​his​ ​teeth​ ​and​ ​his​ ​paws​ ​hitting​ ​the​ ​limp​ ​body​ ​as​ ​the​ ​raging​ ​water​ ​pushed him​ ​further​ ​and​ ​further​ ​away​ ​from​ ​camp.​ ​His​ ​lungs​ ​were​ ​burning​ ​and​ ​it​ ​was​ ​hard​ ​to​ ​get​ ​air​ ​into his​ ​body​ ​while​ ​he​ ​was​ ​he​ ​held​ ​tightly​ ​onto​ ​the​ ​other.​ ​It​ ​got​ ​harder​ ​to​ ​move​ ​his​ ​limbs​ ​the​ ​longer​ ​he was​ ​in​ ​the​ ​water,​ ​and​ ​he​ ​was​ ​afraid​ ​that​ ​he​ ​would​ ​drown​ ​with​ ​the​ ​one​ ​he​ ​was​ ​holding.
“Waveshine?​ ​Are​ ​you​ ​okay?”​ ​A​ ​soothing​ ​voice​ ​broke​ ​through​ ​the​ ​vision.​ ​Waveshine blinked​ ​away​ ​the​ ​images​ ​and​ ​looked​ ​down​ ​at​ ​the​ ​smaller​ ​cat,​ ​feeling​ ​his​ ​worries​ ​fade​ ​away.​ ​He felt​ ​the​ ​need​ ​to​ ​wrap​ ​his​ ​tail​ ​around​ ​the​ ​snowshoe​ ​cat​ ​and​ ​lay​ ​with​ ​his​ ​head​ ​on​ ​the​ ​other’s​ ​until he​ ​could​ ​feel​ ​nothing​ ​but​ ​the​ ​warmth​ ​of​ ​the​ ​other.
“I’m​ ​fine​ ​Fogface,​ ​were​ ​you​ ​saying​ ​something?”​ ​He​ ​looked​ ​into​ ​the​ ​piercing​ ​blue​ ​eyes​ ​of his​ ​mate,​ ​seeing​ ​how​ ​he​ ​obviously​ ​didn’t​ ​believe​ ​everything​ ​was​ ​fine.​ ​To​ ​soothe​ ​the​ ​other,​ ​not wanting​ ​him​ ​to​ ​worry,​ ​Waveshine​ ​licked​ ​the​ ​fur​ ​between​ ​Fogface’s​ ​ears​ ​and​ ​smiled​ ​at​ ​him.
The​ ​smaller​ ​tom​ ​let​ ​out​ ​a​ ​sigh​ ​before​ ​he​ ​spoke​ ​again,​ ​using​ ​the​ ​same​ ​kind​ ​tone.​ ​“I​ ​was talking​ ​about​ ​how​ ​you’re​ ​getting​ ​your​ ​first​ ​apprentice,​ ​isn’t​ ​it​ ​great,​ ​you’ll​ ​be​ ​training​ ​little​ ​Dewkit! She​ ​was​ ​so​ ​excited​ ​this​ ​morning,​ ​and​ ​Speckledtail​ ​was​ ​so​ ​happy,​ ​her​ ​first​ ​kit​ ​becoming​ ​an apprentice!”​ ​The​ ​cream​ ​cat​ ​seemed​ ​like​ ​he​ ​was​ ​almost​ ​jumping​ ​in​ ​pride​ ​at​ ​his​ ​sister’s​ ​kit becoming​ ​an​ ​apprentice.
“She’s​ ​going​ ​to​ ​be​ ​Dewpaw​ ​very​ ​soon,​ ​and​ ​I​ ​am​ ​so​ ​very​ ​happy,​ ​I​ ​couldn’t​ ​think​ ​of​ ​a​ ​better first​ ​apprentice!”​ ​Waveshine’s​ ​green​ ​eyes​ ​shown​ ​brightly,​ ​looking​ ​across​ ​the​ ​clearing​ ​at​ ​the​ ​soon to​ ​be​ ​apprentice​ ​being​ ​cleaned​ ​by​ ​her​ ​mother​ ​near​ ​the​ ​nursery.
“All​ ​cats​ ​old​ ​enough​ ​to​ ​catch​ ​their​ ​own​ ​prey,​ ​gather​ ​beneath​ ​the​ ​highbranch​ ​for​ ​a​ ​clan meeting!”​ ​Applestar​ ​called​ ​from​ ​the​ ​highbranch,​ ​jumping​ ​down​ ​to​ ​stand​ ​next​ ​to​ ​a​ ​very​ ​excited silver​ ​tabby​ ​kit.​ ​Dewkit’s​ ​silver​ ​fur​ ​was​ ​glossy​ ​and​ ​newly​ ​groomed,​ ​she​ ​looked​ ​like​ ​she​ ​could dash​ ​around​ ​the​ ​whole​ ​of​ ​Bubbleclan​ ​territory​ ​as​ ​she​ ​stood​ ​next​ ​to​ ​the​ ​ginger​ ​leader.
Waveshine​ ​and​ ​Fogface​ ​walked​ ​together​ ​to​ ​the​ ​front​ ​of​ ​the​ ​clan​ ​cats,​ ​taking​ ​their​ ​places close​ ​so​ ​Waveshine​ ​could​ ​walk​ ​over​ ​to​ ​take​ ​his​ ​place​ ​in​ ​the​ ​ceremony​ ​when​ ​he​ ​was​ ​called.
Applestar​ ​waited​ ​for​ ​the​ ​rest​ ​of​ ​the​ ​clan​ ​to​ ​gather,​ ​his​ ​eyes​ ​dashing​ ​around​ ​as​ ​if​ ​counting​ ​how many​ ​cats​ ​were​ ​there.
“Dewkit,​ ​you​ ​have​ ​reached​ ​the​ ​age​ ​of​ ​six​ ​moons,​ ​and​ ​it​ ​is​ ​time​ ​for​ ​you​ ​to​ ​be​ ​apprenticed. From​ ​this​ ​day​ ​on,​ ​until​ ​you​ ​receive​ ​your​ ​warrior​ ​name,​ ​you​ ​will​ ​be​ ​known​ ​as​ ​Dewpaw.​ ​Your mentor​ ​will​ ​be​ ​Waveshine.​ ​I​ ​hope​ ​Waveshine​ ​will​ ​pass​ ​down​ ​all​ ​that​ ​he​ ​knows​ ​on​ ​to​ ​you.” Applestar​ ​nodded​ ​at​ ​Waveshine,​ ​to​ ​which​ ​the​ ​tabby​ ​stood​ ​and​ ​padded​ ​next​ ​to​ ​the​ ​ginger​ ​leader.
“Waveshine,​ ​you​ ​are​ ​ready​ ​to​ ​take​ ​on​ ​an​ ​apprentice.​ ​You​ ​had​ ​received​ ​excellent​ ​training from​ ​Cougarheart,​ ​and​ ​you​ ​have​ ​shown​ ​yourself​ ​to​ ​be​ ​strong​ ​and​ ​courageous.​ ​You​ ​will​ ​be​ ​the mentor​ ​of​ ​Dewpaw,​ ​and​ ​I​ ​expect​ ​you​ ​to​ ​pass​ ​on​ ​all​ ​you​ ​know​ ​to​ ​Dewpaw.” Waveshine​ ​walked​ ​forward​ ​to​ ​Dewpaw,​ ​leaning​ ​his​ ​head​ ​down​ ​to​ ​touch​ ​noses​ ​with​ ​the eager​ ​new​ ​apprentice,​ ​smiling​ ​down​ ​at​ ​the​ ​small​ ​tabby.​ ​Waveshine​ ​backed​ ​away​ ​as​ ​the​ ​clan started​ ​calling​ ​out​ ​Dewpaw’s​ ​name,​ ​some​ ​stepping​ ​forward​ ​to​ ​congratulate​ ​her.​ ​Waveshine
watched​ ​happily​ ​as​ ​Dewpaw​ ​nuzzled​ ​her​ ​mother​ ​happily.
After​ ​Dewpaw​ ​was​ ​done​ ​happily​ ​talking​ ​to​ ​her​ ​mother​ ​and​ ​being​ ​greeted​ ​by​ ​the​ ​other apprentices,​ ​she​ ​padded​ ​back​ ​over​ ​to​ ​Waveshine.
“What​ ​are​ ​we​ ​gonna​ ​do​ ​today​ ​Waveshine?​ ​Do​ ​I​ ​care​ ​for​ ​the​ ​elders​ ​or​ ​are​ ​we​ ​gonna explore​ ​the​ ​territory?”​ ​Her​ ​tiny​ ​voice​ ​squeaked​ ​as​ ​she​ ​hopped​ ​in​ ​place​ ​around​ ​her​ ​new​ ​mentor.
Waveshine​ ​couldn’t​ ​help​ ​but​ ​smile.
“I​ ​think​ ​we’ll​ ​explore​ ​today,​ ​come​ ​on.”​ ​He​ ​flicked​ ​his​ ​tail,​ ​leading​ ​the​ ​small​ ​apprentice​ ​out of​ ​the​ ​camp.