PDA

View Full Version : Brittle's Home

Nettleclaw
January 9th, 2017, 07:02 AM
One of the smaller houses in the neighborhood, with one of the biggest backyards. Two distinctly different trees grow here, one an oak, and the other is a birch. The two-story house looked much like the others around it in design style, but has the addition of an upper-floor patio facing the backyard.

Maplefur
January 9th, 2017, 07:35 AM
Nettleclaw

Scottie trotted towards the house, ears perked. This is it, he thought, facing the house. This is the one she pointed out yesterday. Picking up the pace, he ran to the nearest window, hopping up onto the ledge along it. "Brittle?" He called out, peering in. Maybe she's still at the vet...

Nettleclaw
January 10th, 2017, 08:31 PM
Nettleclaw

Scottie trotted towards the house, ears perked. This is it, he thought, facing the house. This is the one she pointed out yesterday. Picking up the pace, he ran to the nearest window, hopping up onto the ledge along it. "Brittle?" He called out, peering in. Maybe she's still at the vet...

The interior is dark and empty it seems, sizable boxes litter the one visible hall. However, the sudden slam of doors out front sends the tell tale message that twolegs are either coming or going. The taller twoleg steps out of the car gingerly cradling a basket while the one with long fur goes for the door. The twoleg kits barrel past the window, without noticing Scottie, and with the excitement of Brittle's homecoming, everyone is inside, but the screen door didn't close all the way.

Maplefur
January 10th, 2017, 08:44 PM
The interior is dark and empty it seems, sizable boxes litter the one visible hall. However, the sudden slam of doors out front sends the tell tale message that twolegs are either coming or going. The taller twoleg steps out of the car gingerly cradling a basket while the one with long fur goes for the door. The twoleg kits barrel past the window, without noticing Scottie, and with the excitement of Brittle's homecoming, everyone is inside, but the screen door didn't close all the way.
Scottie watched the twolegs run by, ears perked as his gaze fixed on the basket. He knew Brittle must be inside it, and therefore didn't hesitate to slip inside after them. He hung back, not wanting her twolegs to make him leave. I have to see her, need to make sure she's alright. He leaned as high as he could, reaching up on his tip toes to try and see into the basket, but just barely couldn't. He didn't dare call out while the twolegs were in the room, however, instead just waited as patiently as he could for an opportunity to see his mate.

It was strange; Scottie was typically a very patient cat, but as he stood there waiting, he found his tail waving back and forth very impatiently. His paws itched with irritation, and he wished that everyone would leave the room already. Every heartbeat needed a deal of effort to keep him pinned to his spot, instead of dashing to where he knew Brittle must be.

Nettleclaw
January 11th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Scottie watched the twolegs run by, ears perked as his gaze fixed on the basket. He knew Brittle must be inside it, and therefore didn't hesitate to slip inside after them. He hung back, not wanting her twolegs to make him leave. I have to see her, need to make sure she's alright. He leaned as high as he could, reaching up on his tip toes to try and see into the basket, but just barely couldn't. He didn't dare call out while the twolegs were in the room, however, instead just waited as patiently as he could for an opportunity to see his mate.

It was strange; Scottie was typically a very patient cat, but as he stood there waiting, he found his tail waving back and forth very impatiently. His paws itched with irritation, and he wished that everyone would leave the room already. Every heartbeat needed a deal of effort to keep him pinned to his spot, instead of dashing to where he knew Brittle must be.

The twoleg kits looked to have wanted to reach into the basket, but the tall one didn't let them. He speaks and moves past everyone to go upstairs. The long furred one spoke and the kits followed her out into the kitchen.

There are moving boxes and piles of items lying around in a sort of organized chaos. It provided plenty of places to hide on route to the white carpeted stairs. Moments later, the tall one comes back down into the room and sits on the sofa, turning on the light box.

Maplefur
January 11th, 2017, 07:56 PM
The twoleg kits looked to have wanted to reach into the basket, but the tall one didn't let them. He speaks and moves past everyone to go upstairs. The long furred one spoke and the kits followed her out into the kitchen.

There are moving boxes and piles of items lying around in a sort of organized chaos. It provided plenty of places to hide on route to the white carpeted stairs. Moments later, the tall one comes back down into the room and sits on the sofa, turning on the light box.

Scottie inched forward as the twolegs left the room, only to jump back as the tall one returned, stifling a hiss of irritation. Ears perked, he planned out a route that would take him as close to the basket as possible, keeping low as he crawled from clutter to clutter. When he was satisfied with his distance to the basket, he shot a worried glance to the twoleg while hissing out softly, "Brittle! Brittle, are you in there? It's me, Scottie." He was worried with how quiet it was- why wasn't she attempting to move, or exit the basket?

Nettleclaw
January 11th, 2017, 09:57 PM
Scottie inched forward as the twolegs left the room, only to jump back as the tall one returned, stifling a hiss of irritation. Ears perked, he planned out a route that would take him as close to the basket as possible, keeping low as he crawled from clutter to clutter. When he was satisfied with his distance to the basket, he shot a worried glance to the twoleg while hissing out softly, "Brittle! Brittle, are you in there? It's me, Scottie." He was worried with how quiet it was- why wasn't she attempting to move, or exit the basket?

Dizzy, and her eyes barely open, she thought she had imagined Scottie's voice. Still, it was enough to get her to want to look around, but she feels too strange, sick maybe to move. She does manage to turn her head enough to see the white cloth wrapped tightly around her leg. What kind of nest is this? It's so uncomfortable. She mews out a grunt trying to at least shift her weight.

Maplefur
January 12th, 2017, 06:30 AM
Dizzy, and her eyes barely open, she thought she had imagined Scottie's voice. Still, it was enough to get her to want to look around, but she feels too strange, sick maybe to move. She does manage to turn her head enough to see the white cloth wrapped tightly around her leg. What kind of nest is this? It's so uncomfortable. She mews out a grunt trying to at least shift her weight.
Scottie let out a sigh of relief as he heard movement from inside the basket."Hey, you alright? How was the vet?" He shot a glance over at the twoleg, hoping he wasn't paying attention as the tom straightened to look into the basket. He shoots a glance down at Brittle's leg, hoping the cloth was a good sign. Perhaps they're making it better, or at least making it bother her less?

Nettleclaw
January 12th, 2017, 07:19 AM
Scottie let out a sigh of relief as he heard movement from inside the basket."Hey, you alright? How was the vet?" He shot a glance over at the twoleg, hoping he wasn't paying attention as the tom straightened to look into the basket. He shoots a glance down at Brittle's leg, hoping the cloth was a good sign. Perhaps they're making it better, or at least making it bother her less?

Brittle turns her tired eyes to him, "Scottie, it really is you." She mews lightly. The twoleg hears Brittle and reaches down without looking to scritch her head. The only thing she hears from him she recognizes is "sleep." Brittle tries hissing quietly, "How did you get in here?"

Maplefur
January 12th, 2017, 07:36 AM
Brittle turns her tired eyes to him, "Scottie, it really is you." She mews lightly. The twoleg hears Brittle and reaches down without looking to scritch her head. The only thing she hears from him she recognizes is "sleep." Brittle tries hissing quietly, "How did you get in here?"
Scottie glanced up at the twoleg, before turning his eyes back on Brittle. "They left the door open a bit, so I slipped in after them. How are you feeling?" Seeing as the twoleg didn't look down before, the orange tabby risked moving over to be directly next to the basket.Worst case is they see me and put me outside; I know they won't hurt me. Scottie leaned down to touch his nose gently to Brittle's. "I'm glad to see you," he murmured softly.

Nettleclaw
January 16th, 2017, 02:15 AM
Scottie glanced up at the twoleg, before turning his eyes back on Brittle. "They left the door open a bit, so I slipped in after them. How are you feeling?" Seeing as the twoleg didn't look down before, the orange tabby risked moving over to be directly next to the basket.Worst case is they see me and put me outside; I know they won't hurt me. Scottie leaned down to touch his nose gently to Brittle's. "I'm glad to see you," he murmured softly.

His touch ignites a soft purr. "I can't move at all." Brittle answers, "But if this is like the first time, I'll be alright." She sighs, this isn't the conditions she was contemplating for his first visit, but there's at least one thing she could try, she just has to be quick about it before her owner falls asleep. Just reaching to lick his cheek, she mews, "I can't give you a tour today, but I can try to get us in my room. If I make enough noise, he might take me upstairs." She checks on the tall twoleg, is attention still on that light box. "Go on and hide."

Maplefur
January 16th, 2017, 10:05 AM
His touch ignites a soft purr. "I can't move at all." Brittle answers, "But if this is like the first time, I'll be alright." She sighs, this isn't the conditions she was contemplating for his first visit, but there's at least one thing she could try, she just has to be quick about it before her owner falls asleep. Just reaching to lick his cheek, she mews, "I can't give you a tour today, but I can try to get us in my room. If I make enough noise, he might take me upstairs." She checks on the tall twoleg, is attention still on that light box. "Go on and hide."
Scottie nodded. Faint worry sparked in his eyes as he glanced over Brittle, now aware of the fact that she couldn't move. "Alright," he murmured, scooting backwards once again. He moved to crouch behind a small box, though he kept peering over the top of the cardboard box to see the basket, so he would be able to watch. He would need to be careful when following the twoleg upstairs- keeping enough distance not to be seen, but being close enough that he wouldn't loose Brittle.

Nettleclaw
January 21st, 2017, 09:49 AM
Scottie nodded. Faint worry sparked in his eyes as he glanced over Brittle, now aware of the fact that she couldn't move. "Alright," he murmured, scooting backwards once again. He moved to crouch behind a small box, though he kept peering over the top of the cardboard box to see the basket, so he would be able to watch. He would need to be careful when following the twoleg upstairs- keeping enough distance not to be seen, but being close enough that he wouldn't loose Brittle.

With Scottie hidden, Brittle shuffles to at least lift her head. At least I have a better reason to clamor for attention. She yowls out, her voice corse and low. No reaction, so she swallowed her tiredness and tried again. Much louder this time, but just for another few pats on her head. Brittle pouts, he usually shoves her and her kits out of this room when they're loud. Thinking about it, Scottie might find this odd, well now she's feeling a little embarrassed. "Don't ignore me! Take me to my room!" Brittle yowls out, and finally, the twoleg stands with a grunt. He kneels down to her and puts his paw to his chin. "Well?" she mews, and with that he carefully stands with the basket and shuffles past the boxes, eyes fixed on the stairs.

Down the hall and into the left room, Brittle is finally in her familiar grounds, though she's here so much it feels like she's never left, like being over at Scottie's was just a dream. He sets the basket down next to her nest and checks her bandages before making a hasty retreat. He really likes that light box... At least I'm here now. The bathroom door across the hall was open, and he left my door open too. I hope he made it. She waited until the twoleg had made it down all the stairs before impatiently calling, "Scottie?"

Maplefur
January 25th, 2017, 02:41 PM
With Scottie hidden, Brittle shuffles to at least lift her head. At least I have a better reason to clamor for attention. She yowls out, her voice corse and low. No reaction, so she swallowed her tiredness and tried again. Much louder this time, but just for another few pats on her head. Brittle pouts, he usually shoves her and her kits out of this room when they're loud. Thinking about it, Scottie might find this odd, well now she's feeling a little embarrassed. "Don't ignore me! Take me to my room!" Brittle yowls out, and finally, the twoleg stands with a grunt. He kneels down to her and puts his paw to his chin. "Well?" she mews, and with that he carefully stands with the basket and shuffles past the boxes, eyes fixed on the stairs.

Down the hall and into the left room, Brittle is finally in her familiar grounds, though she's here so much it feels like she's never left, like being over at Scottie's was just a dream. He sets the basket down next to her nest and checks her bandages before making a hasty retreat. He really likes that light box... At least I'm here now. The bathroom door across the hall was open, and he left my door open too. I hope he made it. She waited until the twoleg had made it down all the stairs before impatiently calling, "Scottie?"

Scottie waited, watching Brittle's basket. Nothing's happening...? The tom glanced up at the twoleg, wondering if Brittle's plan would work. Finally, the twoleg picked her up and Scottie readied himself to follow. He waited until they were at the stairs to leave his spot, running quickly in case one of the younger twolegs were to come back. When they entered a room, he approached the door and peered inside. Realizing the twoleg was about to come back out, the tom rushed to the other side of the door. He watched the twoleg turn back to the stairs with a bit of a relieved sigh- he had followed unseen. His ears perked as his name was called, and Scottie walked into the room, moving to approach the basket. "I'm here," he called, whiskers twitching slightly as he could detect Brittle's impatience. His gaze swept over the room curiously before the fluffy cat turned back to his mate. "Is this your room, then?" He asked.

Nettleclaw
February 3rd, 2017, 06:39 AM
Scottie waited, watching Brittle's basket. Nothing's happening...? The tom glanced up at the twoleg, wondering if Brittle's plan would work. Finally, the twoleg picked her up and Scottie readied himself to follow. He waited until they were at the stairs to leave his spot, running quickly in case one of the younger twolegs were to come back. When they entered a room, he approached the door and peered inside. Realizing the twoleg was about to come back out, the tom rushed to the other side of the door. He watched the twoleg turn back to the stairs with a bit of a relieved sigh- he had followed unseen. His ears perked as his name was called, and Scottie walked into the room, moving to approach the basket. "I'm here," he called, whiskers twitching slightly as he could detect Brittle's impatience. His gaze swept over the room curiously before the fluffy cat turned back to his mate. "Is this your room, then?" He asked.

Brittle took a breath of relief and nods, suddenly feeling shy about Scottie being here. The room is painted in three shades of pink and twoleg furnishings, a bed nearly quilted in pink and white, a dresser almost covered in trinkets with a mirror, and a lamp on a nightstand across from the dresser. The strange thing, though, are the off-white carpeted ramps that lead up to the bed and the empty shelf at the head of the bed. Above the foot of the bed is a window that can be easily reached with a good jump, but there isn't a ramp leading up to it. Scattered here and there on the floor are a few plush toy mice, a string with a jingle ball tied to one end, and a nest with a feather at the end of a plastic rod reaching over it. "Y-Yes." she mewed nerviously, kneading the quilt covered pillow in her basket.

Maplefur
February 26th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Brittle took a breath of relief and nods, suddenly feeling shy about Scottie being here. The room is painted in three shades of pink and twoleg furnishings, a bed nearly quilted in pink and white, a dresser almost covered in trinkets with a mirror, and a lamp on a nightstand across from the dresser. The strange thing, though, are the off-white carpeted ramps that lead up to the bed and the empty shelf at the head of the bed. Above the foot of the bed is a window that can be easily reached with a good jump, but there isn't a ramp leading up to it. Scattered here and there on the floor are a few plush toy mice, a string with a jingle ball tied to one end, and a nest with a feather at the end of a plastic rod reaching over it. "Y-Yes." she mewed nerviously, kneading the quilt covered pillow in her basket.
(Sorry for how long this took! I've been a bit inactive lately, though I think I'm going to start rping again)

Scottie's gaze did one more sweep of the room before landing back on Brittle. "It's lovely," he meowed, settling himself into a sitting position besides the basket. He couldn't stop his whiskers from twitching once again as he detected her nervousness, and he flashed a teasing grin. "Hey, calm down. It's just me, I'm not going to attack you." He brought his muzzle down to touch his nose gingerly to hers before pulling back, keeping his eyes trained on the molly in front of her. She's beautiful, he thought, his gaze sweeping over her now as it previous did with the room. Every single thing about her.

Nettleclaw
March 17th, 2017, 10:42 PM
(Sorry for how long this took! I've been a bit inactive lately, though I think I'm going to start rping again)

Scottie's gaze did one more sweep of the room before landing back on Brittle. "It's lovely," he meowed, settling himself into a sitting position besides the basket. He couldn't stop his whiskers from twitching once again as he detected her nervousness, and he flashed a teasing grin. "Hey, calm down. It's just me, I'm not going to attack you." He brought his muzzle down to touch his nose gingerly to hers before pulling back, keeping his eyes trained on the molly in front of her. She's beautiful, he thought, his gaze sweeping over her now as it previous did with the room. Every single thing about her.

Brittle thought fast to object that her nerves were high, but Scottie's soft touch reached her first, sending a soothing wave of tranquil throughout her body. She closes her eyes to the small drink of his scent, and leans into his muzzle just as he pulls away.

She opens her eyes, her mind cleared as she looks up to his shoulders, his face, his eyes, illuminated by the midmorning light pouring in from the bedside window. Her maw quivered, eyes filled with tears of awe. The feeling of being home, with the one she loves right there with her... "I... w-" she reaches out with her right paw, and shuffles with her left to try to step out of the basket. "I wa-... w-want... to st-stand... w- you."

Maplefur
March 18th, 2017, 01:56 PM
Brittle thought fast to object that her nerves were high, but Scottie's soft touch reached her first, sending a soothing wave of tranquil throughout her body. She closes her eyes to the small drink of his scent, and leans into his muzzle just as he pulls away.

She opens her eyes, her mind cleared as she looks up to his shoulders, his face, his eyes, illuminated by the midmorning light pouring in from the bedside window. Her maw quivered, eyes filled with tears of awe. The feeling of being home, with the one she loves right there with her... "I... w-" she reaches out with her right paw, and shuffles with her left to try to step out of the basket. "I wa-... w-want... to st-stand... w- you."

Scottie blinked, working to decipher her jumble of words. Brittle's actions made it clear, however, and he moved so he could try and help nudge her out of the basket. Worry flashed through him, causing him to mew out. "Are you sure, I mean... Is it alright for you to stand? They must've had you in the basket for a reason..." He trailed off, still somewhat supporting Brittle.

Nettleclaw
April 25th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Scottie blinked, working to decipher her jumble of words. Brittle's actions made it clear, however, and he moved so he could try and help nudge her out of the basket. Worry flashed through him, causing him to mew out. "Are you sure, I mean... Is it alright for you to stand? They must've had you in the basket for a reason..." He trailed off, still somewhat supporting Brittle.

(sorry for how long this took)
(wait, didnt you say that? darnit, im so unoriginal! X3)

"I-It's... I'm..." Brittle drops her head and lets out a shaky breath. As he left paw reaches the floor, her entire body seemed to tremble at the effort of lifting her good leg from under her bandaged one. So weak, so much weaker than she thought she was, and once that familiar pain struck her flank, she pulled herself back with a pained yelp, her paws pressed to her chest. "S-s-sorr-ry..." she mews, clearly saddened, "I th-thought I at l-l-least had three g-good legs."

Maplefur
June 9th, 2017, 03:20 PM
(sorry for how long this took)
(wait, didnt you say that? darnit, im so unoriginal! X3)

"I-It's... I'm..." Brittle drops her head and lets out a shaky breath. As he left paw reaches the floor, her entire body seemed to tremble at the effort of lifting her good leg from under her bandaged one. So weak, so much weaker than she thought she was, and once that familiar pain struck her flank, she pulled herself back with a pained yelp, her paws pressed to her chest. "S-s-sorr-ry..." she mews, clearly saddened, "I th-thought I at l-l-least had three g-good legs."
(Huh well now I'm the one being unoriginal because I have to apologize for taking ages >.<)

Scottie frowned for a heartbeat, worry flickering between his orbs before his face took on a soft, loving expression. He bent to give her a gentle nuzzle. "You do have three good legs," he reassured Brittle. "You've just gotten back from the vet, I'm sure they gave you something that won't keep you as strong as before. You'll regain your strength soon, you just need to rest for now." He sat back on his haunches as he eyed her basket. "Perhaps I could join you in there instead of you coming out here?" He kept himself pressed close to the basket, sensing that Brittle needed him close for comfort.

Nettleclaw
June 28th, 2017, 12:13 PM
(Huh well now I'm the one being unoriginal because I have to apologize for taking ages >.<)

Scottie frowned for a heartbeat, worry flickering between his orbs before his face took on a soft, loving expression. He bent to give her a gentle nuzzle. "You do have three good legs," he reassured Brittle. "You've just gotten back from the vet, I'm sure they gave you something that won't keep you as strong as before. You'll regain your strength soon, you just need to rest for now." He sat back on his haunches as he eyed her basket. "Perhaps I could join you in there instead of you coming out here?" He kept himself pressed close to the basket, sensing that Brittle needed him close for comfort.

Brittle let her head rest on the soft bedding in her basket. There is ample enough room for them both, and though Scottie getting caught is somewhat worrying... A gleeful purr tells her acceptance to his offer, "I-I'd like that." Her tail curls shyly.