PDA

View Full Version : Site Problems!

DragonChaos
December 27th, 2016, 07:55 PM
FOR THE STAFF OR ANYONE WHO CAN HELP:

it's been a long time since I went back on WCO, because of a stupid thing, but now I would be able to access the site, bite SiteGrounds says the site is not available. Can someone help so I can start anew?

Ludicrous Lunacy
December 27th, 2016, 07:58 PM
Have you tried www.warriorcatsonline.com, or are you looking for the old site?

DragonChaos
December 27th, 2016, 08:01 PM
Have you tried www.warriorcatsonline.com, or are you looking for the old site?
That's what i've tried to get on, which gives me the problem. I'm unsure if I need to edit the files again to make it work or something

Ludicrous Lunacy
December 27th, 2016, 08:02 PM
That's what i've tried to get on, which gives me the problem. I'm unsure if I need to edit the files again to make it work or something
hmm

paxil
December 27th, 2016, 08:08 PM
can you put a screenshot? i had an issue where i just couldn't access the site. my problem was on this (http://www.warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628) thread, where i would get the message, "this account has been suspended. contact your hosting provider for more information." since you posted on that thread, i'm assuming you have the same problem. mine didn't go away - ever. the only reason i can now use this site is because i changed os (went from windows 10 to linux mint 17.3). after over a month of the issue, it didn't clear up.

DragonChaos
December 27th, 2016, 08:13 PM
can you put a screenshot? i had an issue where i just couldn't access the site. my problem was on this (http://www.warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628) thread, where i would get the message, "this account has been suspended. contact your hosting provider for more information." since you posted on that thread, i'm assuming you have the same problem. mine didn't go away - ever. the only reason i can now use this site is because i changed os (went from windows 10 to linux mint 17.3). after over a month of the issue, it didn't clear up.
I don't remember how to put a screenshot up when im on my phone, and it tells me this on PC. Also I had that problem, but it went away at some point, so it just says that the site is unavaliable

paxil
December 27th, 2016, 08:20 PM
does it look like this?
http://i.imgur.com/4qiHWBW.png

DragonChaos
December 27th, 2016, 08:24 PM
does it look like this?
http://i.imgur.com/4qiHWBW.png
No, it doesnt

paxil
December 27th, 2016, 08:32 PM
i don't know what the issue is then. sorry.

Fawn
December 27th, 2016, 08:56 PM
FOR THE STAFF OR ANYONE WHO CAN HELP:

it's been a long time since I went back on WCO, because of a stupid thing, but now I would be able to access the site, bite SiteGrounds says the site is not available. Can someone help so I can start anew?

Try this:

If you are on a PC (Windows 7, 8, or 10):

1: Open Files.
2. Paste C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in the starred Quick Access bar and enter. Do not paste it in Search Quick Access.
3. Choose the 'hosts' file at the top of the folder list, open in Notepad.
4. One line beneath 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host, paste/write exactly 162.144.182.15 warriorcatsonline.com www.warriorcatsonline.com
5. Save the file. Swap the "txt" file to "All files". Save over the original hosts.

If you receive a "You don't have permission to save in this location" while trying to save, follow these instructions:

1. Close out the "You don't have permission.." and the Save popups.
2. Right click the Notepad icon in your taskbar.
3. Right click the Notepad that appears in the extension.
4. Select Run as Administrator. If you receive a confirmation popup, hit yes. It will open a new, blank Notepad.
5. Go to Files, select 'Open' and change the txt documents to All files.
6. Select hosts and edit as written above.

Hope that helps.

DragonChaos
December 27th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Try this:

2. Paste C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in the starred Quick Access bar and enter. Do not paste it in Search Quick Access.
4. One line beneath 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host, paste/write exactly 162.144.182.15 warriorcatsonline.com www.warriorcatsonline.com
5. Save the file. Swap the "txt" file to "All files". Save over the original hosts.

If you receive a "You don't have permission to save in this location" while trying to save, follow these instructions:

4. Select Run as Administrator. If you receive a confirmation popup, hit yes. It will open a new, blank Notepad.

Hope that helps.
Doesn't seem to be working... Is there an extra step or anything that needs to be done to ensure it works?

Fawn
December 27th, 2016, 09:16 PM
Doesn't seem to be working... Is there an extra step or anything that needs to be done to ensure it works?
It should have at least changed the message you see when you try to access the site. [If it has changed, what does it give you now?]

You could try clearing your browser cache and/or restarting your machine.

Additionally, if there's anything else related to WCO in your hosts file, that needs to be removed.

DragonChaos
December 27th, 2016, 09:20 PM
It should have at least changed the message you see when you try to access the site. [If it has changed, what does it give you now?]

You could try clearing your browser cache and/or restarting your machine.

Additionally, if there's anything else related to WCO in your hosts file, that needs to be removed.
It hasn't changed, so clearing the browser cache should fix it. Sadly, I forgot how to do that...

DragonChaos
December 30th, 2016, 04:17 PM
It's not working, still says the site is down, so idk the problem...I should check what OS I have to see if you have any additional help

DragonChaos
December 30th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Try this:

Hope that helps.
What about Windows 8.1 Pro?

DragonChaos
December 30th, 2016, 04:40 PM
NVM I DID IT

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP RAY :D