PDA

View Full Version : [Perfection]

Captain
December 17th, 2016, 01:12 AM
*ahem*
Hello there, my name is Rebecca, also known as Robin-chan by this community.
It is currently 1am where I am, but I need to get something off my mind that’s been lingering there for quite some time.

Throughout my childhood, my mother always taught me things that still stick with me today. One thing that will always be on my mind though, is when I was in middle school and I was bullied, really badly. I had no self-esteem and I was a mess at this time because I had lost my closest friend, Anna, to a more popular group and my beloved boyfriend, Tobias, who was struck down by Cancer. My mother always told me “There is no such thing as a perfect person, nobody is perfect, we all have flaws, we all make mistakes. People need to realize that. Try not to listen to the ones who expect you to be perfect.” These are not her exact words, but you get the point of what I’m trying to say.

Nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes and sometimes, there is nothing you can do about it.

There is a person in my life that has changed the way that I look at the world, made me a better person and they seem to think that they are nothing, but a screw-up. This is message for them, mainly, you know who you are, I hope. Although, I want this message out there for anyone that feels like they aren’t good enough.

There is no such thing as perfection, no matter how many people say there is, there really isn’t. However, in my opinion, everyone is perfect in their own way. No matter what anyone says to you about your personality or your appearance. You may seem like a monster or a freak to 99% of the world, but remember this.

There will always be someone, at least one, who sees you as perfect.

I, myself, do not think highly of my own appearance and I’ve been this way for a very long time, but I know that there are certain out there that see me as a good person. I know who they are, but I will not name them. I hope you know who you are. I’m not a popular person in this community, I have few people that I talk to on a regular basis on here anymore, so you don’t have to care about what I’m saying now. I honestly don’t mind - but I do know that the person that I’m writing this for will see this, one way or another, and that’s all I care about. But, maybe, just maybe, this will reach other people that feel down about themselves.

I feel like I’m kinda being a hypocrite for saying these things because of how lowly I think of myself already, but this means a lot to me. I’ve never been a selfless person, maybe I was once, but I don’t remember. People have treated me poorly in the past and that’s what made me the stubborn, distant person I am today. Although, I want everyone to know that if you possess the patience - the understanding, as someone once told me - to get through to the walls that people like me put up, you can make a great friend or even find that special someone.

I’ll stop talking now, but I want that one particular person out there to know this:
“You are perfect to me and I will tell you that I love you every single day until you realize that.”

CinnamonCookie
December 19th, 2016, 02:44 AM
Thank you...this is the first thing that made me cry in months because it's so helpful and beautiful......it'll help my life a lot.