PDA

View Full Version : Overwatching the Void

Sentinel Steel
October 6th, 2016, 05:39 PM
Overwatch. Once an organization of incredible power, having most of the world's finest minds, soldiers, and superheroes.

Sadly, ever since the end of the Omnic Crisis, Overwatch has been disbanded, declared as criminals by the general populace. People seemed to think that once the heroes were no longer needed, nothing unusual or worrisome would happen again.

The world has always produced oddities. And those oddities can be dangerous, extremely dangerous.

But the world could always use more heroes.

My form, for reference

Name: Jason Wolfram-Missklang
Nationality: German/American
Civvie outfit: Tends to wear blue and silver clothing, though his go-to outfit is a blue t-shirt, grey aviator jacket, and blue jeans.
Hero Outfit: Blue and silver plated armor with purple veins mixed with ornate robes, similar to that of the Hadron set (Archon's Forge Warlock armor) except the helmet is a slicked back one, with a pale blue visor.
Weaponry: A light machine gun with magnetically accelerated projectiles, a pistol that fires electrical rounds that deposits a virus if the target hit is an Omnic or machine and the bullet doesn't pierce through the way, the SEVER, which is an experimental railgun that also functions as a sniper rifle, and while it's not much of a weapon, the VEFU, or the Void Enchanced Flying Unit, which are basically dragon wings made from Void energy.

Abilities: Can fling Void energy, which can be destructive, since it can corrode and disintegrate metal and flesh except to the user, and can be used as a conduit for power. Granted, this and the VEFU will be used later on in the plot, as his abilities are mostly unknown.
Status(Hero/Villain/Neutral Also add who's side, like Talon or Overwatch. Nearly forgot about this. XD): Neutral/Missklang Corp.

Grimshadow
October 6th, 2016, 06:37 PM
Name: Eternal Crow
Nationality: Unknown
Appearance: He wears a beaked mask with silver trim and a black-feathered cloak. His garb is that of a light, black-enameled armour with avian-like features.
Weaponry: He uses two three-bladed, razor-sharp claws built into his gauntlets that can extend and detract whenever, and they can be fired at a target, where a new set will take the old one's place.
Abilities: Crow can vanish in a cloud of feathers, and will reappear after several seconds. He can add a temporary buff to himself from dead foes; this ability is affectionately named Carrion. Everything else about him and who he his is unknown.

Sentinel Steel
October 6th, 2016, 06:45 PM
(Okay dokey. And if you want to RP as Genji, you don't need a formless. Just go ahead.)

Jason Wolfram-Missklang slicked his silver hair back with his hands, messing it up slightly. He had been working for a while now inside the main HQ of Missklang Corp, working on a new project. The massive building in Dallas, Texas was currently under his management, since his mother was out on a trip to Britain for a buisness meeting. So he just told the security team to do their job as usual, and wen back into his personal lab.

There were prototype weapons laying everywhere, and his newest one, the SEVER, seemed to be working exceptionally well. Now, he just wanted a coffee, and maybe look out a window at the city at night. He really had been working too hard, and the lab had no windows, for security reasons.

Grimshadow
October 6th, 2016, 07:21 PM
(Kind of a difficult place to start. ^.^' I'm not quite sure how urban the area is, but I'll assume it'd be something like a downtown.)

In the night time sky, the shadowy figure of a body perched atop a building, gazing at the Missklang Corporation's headquarters. A cape gently billowed in the slight breeze, and it would seem rather ironic that this person bore only ill intent, as they appeared like one of the watchful protectors in the old superhero movies.
In a sudden leap, the figure jumped off the structure and swan-dived straight to the ground, the cape now flapping heavily. If there'd been any bystanders, they would have been shocked to see such a thing, anticipating their eventual gruesome end when they hit the pavement, but instead, barely inches away from touchdown, the shadow of a man disappeared, leaving behind black feathers to slowly drift to the ground. A few meters away they reappeared, already in the action of walking. Their stride was brisk and purposeful, and making a bee-line for the Missklang building.

Sentinel Steel
October 6th, 2016, 07:26 PM
(Kind of a difficult place to start. ^.^' I'm not quite sure how urban the area is, but I'll assume it'd be something like a downtown.)

In the night time sky, the shadowy figure of a body perched atop a building, gazing at the Missklang Corporation's headquarters. A cape gently billowed in the slight breeze, and it would seem rather ironic that this person bore only ill intent, as they appeared like one of the watchful protectors in the old superhero movies.
In a sudden leap, the figure jumped off the structure and swan-dived straight to the ground, the cape now flapping heavily. If there'd been any bystanders, they would have been shocked to see such a thing, anticipating their eventual gruesome end when they hit the pavement, but instead, barely inches away from touchdown, the shadow of a man disappeared, leaving behind black feathers to slowly drift to the ground. A few meters away they reappeared, already in the action of walking. Their stride was brisk and purposeful, and making a bee-line for the Missklang building.
(Well you're right, but it's not only that, it's sort of in the future, so it's much more packed. Sorry, I just thought of a random heavily populated city.)

Jason yawned, stretching his arms out as a couple metal parts were pushed to the opposite side of the table. Getting up, the man brushed off his silver coat, before grabbing his pistol and strapping it to his side. Just a precaution, and anyways, he needed to go input some data in the computer on the far side of the wall. He could sometimes get extremely lost in his work, and he didn't have any helpers around. Not that he'd trust them with his ideas. They blew up too often.

Grimshadow
October 6th, 2016, 08:20 PM
(And I'm not quite sure how the building looks either. xD I'll try and wing it.)

The figure approached a checkpoint, which was under watch by five guards, but it seemed that they took no notice. To them, all they might have seen was an indistinct black shape that melded with the shadows. Even in the light from the city, there was the non-threatening shadow that moved, but didn't look to.
To the cameras, he appeared as an unassuming crow, traipsing past the security and into the building. (Some of his other, unknown abilities. >:3) Since even a crow might look suspicious to those watching the cameras, he'd have to move fast.
His shadow moved farther and farther inside, and slipped into an elevator. Surely, by now, a crow materializing into an elevator and activating it without movement would be cause for alarm at this point, but he wouldn't have to worry once he reached his destination.

Sentinel Steel
October 6th, 2016, 08:56 PM
(And I'm not quite sure how the building looks either. xD I'll try and wing it.)

The figure approached a checkpoint, which was under watch by five guards, but it seemed that they took no notice. To them, all they might have seen was an indistinct black shape that melded with the shadows. Even in the light from the city, there was the non-threatening shadow that moved, but didn't look to.
To the cameras, he appeared as an unassuming crow, traipsing past the security and into the building. (Some of his other, unknown abilities. >:3) Since even a crow might look suspicious to those watching the cameras, he'd have to move fast.
His shadow moved farther and farther inside, and slipped into an elevator. Surely, by now, a crow materializing into an elevator and activating it without movement would be cause for alarm at this point, but he wouldn't have to worry once he reached his destination.

It's pretty much a near skyscraper sized building, with checkpoints like you described all around and a few patrolling the inside. There's about 33 floors, and Jason is on floor 27.)

The scientist/weapons maker started typing up some data input, laying down the SEVER next to said computer. It might be a good idea to upload an aiming matrix into the gun, make it easier to use...
Zap
Mmm. That had been happening frequently the past few days. While the computer didn't short circuit completely, it forced a restart from the jolt of energy. Perhaps he should give the radiation scanner another go. He had no clue where that had been coming from, and it was becoming a slight concern.

Grimshadow
October 6th, 2016, 09:19 PM
(Then floor twenty-seven is where he'll be going to. xP)

His true physical form pressed the button numbered twenty-four, and the elevator started its ascent up the building. The normal pull-of-gravity feeling most people got on elevators did not apply to him. After a minute, there was a ding, and the door slid open. He stepped out and moved down the hallway(?), looking for his specific target. Lights seemed to flicker as he passed underneath them, but no one could yet see him.

Sentinel Steel
October 6th, 2016, 09:29 PM
(Then floor twenty-seven is where he'll be going to. xP)

His true physical form pressed the button numbered twenty-four, and the elevator started its ascent up the building. The normal pull-of-gravity feeling most people got on elevators did not apply to him. After a minute, there was a ding, and the door slid open. He stepped out and moved down the hallway(?), looking for his specific target. Lights seemed to flicker as he passed underneath them, but no one could yet see him.

(To help you out... description time! Yes, there are hallways once the elevator opens. Each floor looks practically identical, except for floor 30, which contains offices and the Guard's break room. And on floor 27, Jason's tech room is the last door on the right with a hand print scanner and a thing where you have to enter in a code.)

Maybe he could call his mom? Tell her about the newest thing he made? Nah. She'd see it soon anyways. As long as she doesn't to one of her silly get togethers with her old UN colleagues. That got irritating after a while.

Grimshadow
October 6th, 2016, 09:40 PM
This will be simple. Only when the shadow reached the end of the hall did he reveal himself, just before the light around him went pitch black and there was a loud rap against the door. If they're dumb enough to open up. His blades unsheathed from their gauntlets and he poised himself to strike. In the dark, that was all his target would see when he opened the door. That was, until his claws were dug into their body. That would be the last thing they see.

Sentinel Steel
October 6th, 2016, 09:44 PM
Jason heard the knock at the down and frowned. No one ever knocked. The guards either never cared or learned to not bother him while he was working. And his mom would have simply opened the door. So he simply typed a few commands into his computer, allowing it to work as a microphone of sorts and the sound eminated from the hand scanner. "Mind if I ask who is this? It is... what, eleven at night?"

(Are you going to RP as Genji, or nah?)

Grimshadow
October 6th, 2016, 10:01 PM
(That'll happen, come a time. x3)

He wasn't quite sure how the microphone worked. He wasn't aware of that, so he simply spoke into it. Maybe that was it? He opted for a voice changer built into his mask and changed it to sound like any ordinary male. "There's a scientist come in from the UN, looking to have a word with you. Interested to see what Missklang's been up to," he announced, sounding as convincing as a person could without actually knowing what they were talking about.

Sentinel Steel
October 7th, 2016, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE=Grimshadow;1490](That'll happen, come a time. x3)

He wasn't quite sure how the microphone worked. He wasn't aware of that, so he simply spoke into it. Maybe that was it? He opted for a voice changer built into his mask and changed it to sound like any ordinary male. "There's a scientist come in from the UN, looking to have a word with you. Interested to see what Missklang's been up to," he announced, sounding as convincing as a person could without actually knowing what they were talking about.[/QUOTE]

Jason rose an eyebrow, but shrugged. Stranger things have happened before.
"Alright. I'll be there in a second." Turning off the microphone, he got up, straightening up his clothes and brushing his hair with his hand in an impromptu grooming session. He quickly got to the door, disengaging the locks before opening the door.

Grimshadow
October 7th, 2016, 07:06 PM
(Sorry, I was out all day.)

The shadow emitted a low rumble, resembling a quiet chuckle. When the door opened, he allowed the scientist to gaze into the pitch black for a brief moment, just so he could realize what was about to happen, and then the actual figure flew forth, slicing at his trachea, though his attack was off. Once inside the room, he immediately began scanning it, searching for a specific object.

Sentinel Steel
October 7th, 2016, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE=Grimshadow;2528](Sorry, I was out all day.)

The shadow emitted a low rumble, resembling a quiet chuckle. When the door opened, he allowed the scientist to gaze into the pitch black for a brief moment, just so he could realize what was about to happen, and then the actual figure flew forth, slicing at his trachea, though his attack was off. Once inside the room, he immediately began scanning it, searching for a specific object.[/QUOTE]

The darkness naturally made Jason recoil, so the knife slashed his collarbone, but it was enough to stun him and make him fall over. He didn't move, not wanting draw attention to himself as pain filled his head. At the moment the blade slashed open his skin, however, purple energy began to coalesce around him without him noticing, sending benign energy readings straight up.

Slowly but surely, the cut was healing.

Grimshadow
October 7th, 2016, 11:32 PM
(He must've rolled a nat 20 to get in. x3 This'll be short, since what happens here is up to you.)

He dashed around the room, picking up objects and investigating them, looking for the right thing. Some kind of technology that Missklang had, that Talon intended to use as a weapon.

Sentinel Steel
October 8th, 2016, 08:12 AM
[ QUOTE=Grimshadow;3004](He must've rolled a nat 20 to get in. x3 This'll be short, since what happens here is up to you.)

He dashed around the room, picking up objects and investigating them, looking for the right thing. Some kind of technology that Missklang had, that Talon intended to use as a weapon.[/QUOTE]

Jason was incredulous when his hands quietly tried to feel the slash, and only felt scar tissue instead. What in the what? Still, not thinking about that now, he grabbed his pistol from his side and took careful aim, before firing three times, two at his back, and once at his head.

Grimshadow
October 8th, 2016, 01:02 PM
The bullets pinged off his armour, and it only took a second for him to spin and vanish in a cloud of black feathers. Before he even reappeared, Jason was being thrusted into the air, the blades of the man's gauntlets nearly digging into his neck as the avian-figure lifted Jason off the ground by his collar.

Sentinel Steel
October 8th, 2016, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE=Grimshadow;3576]The bullets pinged off his armour, and it only took a second for him to spin and vanish in a cloud of black feathers. Before he even reappeared, Jason was being thrusted into the air, the blades of the man's gauntlets nearly digging into his neck as the avian-figure lifted Jason off the ground by his collar.[/QUOTE]

Jain had no clue what was going on except for the fact that he wasn't probably going to die. While Jason was no pushover when it came to firearms, he wasn't trained like this birdman was.

"Who... are you?" He questioned, eyeing the blades near his neck.

Grimshadow
October 8th, 2016, 05:04 PM
Without a word, he threw Jason into the wall and stood over him. "Where is the technology you've been working on?" he asked, voice guttural, though calm sounding. He hadn't intended for this one to live, but it would help if he knew what he was looking for.

Dizerel
October 8th, 2016, 07:39 PM
(OOHHHHH OHHHH CAN I RP AS ZARYA? IM EVEN PART RUSSIAN.)

Sentinel Steel
October 9th, 2016, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE=Grimshadow;3997]Without a word, he threw Jason into the wall and stood over him. "Where is the technology you've been working on?" he asked, voice guttural, though calm sounding. He hadn't intended for this one to live, but it would help if he knew what he was looking for.[/QUOTE]

(@Dizerel Sure. Just make sure there's no teleporting magical Zarya that shows up at the best time.)

Jason grunted when he collided into the wall, dizzy for a brief moment from the force that he had been thrown with. "Go burn in Hölle." The scientist spat, eyes narrowing despite the fact he no longer had his weapon on him. He clearly knew all about every piece of tech. In fact, he had produced and thought up most of the technology Missklang had produced for a while.

Dizerel
October 9th, 2016, 12:30 PM
(Just let me know when the best time to start is.)

Grimshadow
October 9th, 2016, 03:59 PM
"Very well. But it seems you'll get there before me." He kicked Jason in the stomach and then knelt in close to his face. "Don't make me ask again." His blades raked ever so slightly against the flesh of Jacob's neck, just barely drawing blood, and then he noticed that the other cut had healed up and left a scar. "And what have we here?"

Sentinel Steel
October 9th, 2016, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE=Grimshadow;5171]"Very well. But it seems you'll get there before me." He kicked Jason in the stomach and then knelt in close to his face. "Don't make me ask again." His blades raked ever so slightly against the flesh of Jacob's neck, just barely drawing blood, and then he noticed that the other cut had healed up and left a scar. "And what have we here?"[/QUOTE]

Jason grunted again as he was kicked, trying to curl into a ball and was stopped by his attacker getting in his face. The moment he was cut, however, the purple aura flared up, albeit weaker this time because of the minor wound, and the cut slowly closed. Despite the aura being low this time around, any nearby tech sparked a little, though it didn't cause any permanent damage.

Grimshadow
October 9th, 2016, 08:19 PM
"Hmm... I suppose if you won't tell me where it is, then perhaps I can take you instead." He backed up, giving the scientist some space. "Your security by the way, not particularly useful, are they? I think I'll just have Talon raid this place. Now, come with me. Otherwise, I will have to get physical with you."

Sentinel Steel
October 9th, 2016, 09:01 PM
"Hmm... I suppose if you won't tell me where it is, then perhaps I can take you instead." He backed up, giving the scientist some space. "Your security by the way, not particularly useful, are they? I think I'll just have Talon raid this place. Now, come with me. Otherwise, I will have to get physical with you."
(To say the truth, I've been playing for time so you could have Genji pop up or something. XD)

Jason grit his teeth, glancing briefly at his computer that was a decent ways away. He quickly spat out a command at the machine in a last-ditch attempt to do something. "Authorization: Wolfram, Security Code Delta, Core File Code Beta."

The computer whirred to life at the voice recognition, and there was a brief window before all hell mostly likely would break loose.

Grimshadow
October 10th, 2016, 12:53 AM
(Genji isn't even here. x3 Have a security team come in. Or *cough* *cough* Zarya.)

Once more, he lifted Jason through into the air, this time his hand clasped around his throat. "I warned you. What did you just do?" he hissed, his grasp getting tighter each second that passed without answer.

Dizerel
October 10th, 2016, 08:08 AM
(Lol, ok, I gotchu.)

Zarya rushed up the set of stairs, the security team behind her. She happened to be just a few blocks down the street, since Mcree was touring her through america (Yes I know, its pretty cheesy). "Отойди" She said to the security team: Stay back. Headed over to the room where the talon member was spotted, she kicked down the door, her particle cannon whirring and ready.

Sentinel Steel
October 10th, 2016, 08:35 AM
Jason 'laughed', since it was slightly difficult to do so when someone was clenching on his throat. "You... can't.... get any.... information now...." He abruptly stopped when his door was smashed down, though his face was slowly turning blue fro lack of air.

Grimshadow
October 10th, 2016, 10:53 AM
His attention to Jason broke away at the sudden slam of the door. He raised his other hand at Zarya and fired a potshot with his claws, and then the room went black. Jason would have felt all the pressure release from his neck as he was dropped to the floor with a thud. And then the screeching of claws against metal started, but in several places. The light from the fixtures, the computer, and even the particle cannon were unable to penetrate the inky blackness. (Think of the darkness spell in D&D.)

Dizerel
October 10th, 2016, 01:29 PM
As the claws shot out at Zarya, she used her personal shield to block the attack. The shield absorbed some of the energy, making her suit glow softly as her particle cannon powered up. Even though the room was black, Zarya caught a glimpse of where Jason was just before he fell to the ground. She barricaded him quickly, and ran over to his position. "Get on my back" She said in a solid tone, her hand on his shoulder so that he had a reference point of where she was in relation to him in the darkness.

Sentinel Steel
October 10th, 2016, 02:03 PM
"Alright." Normally Jason would've been skeptical, but at this point, he'd rather have the Good Samaritan vigilante versus death. He wanted to grab SEVER, as that would most likely make quick work of death man's armor, but he couldn't see anything.

However, he still had the slight purplish aura, activated from the strangling moments prior.

Dizerel
October 10th, 2016, 02:07 PM
(Is the hallway dark or just the room?)

Grimshadow
October 10th, 2016, 02:34 PM
(The room)

The screeching continued to get nearer to to the two, still in several places all at once, surely so that they couldn't pinpoint his location. And then, sounding as if his voice was coming from inside their minds, he spoke, "We will get what we want. For now, you can believe that you are safe, holed up in here, but we will be back. And you will hand over your technology come that time." Then, in an instant, the light returned, the only trace of their attacker being the black feathers and the deep gouges in the floor right in front of them, writing out Eternal Crow.

Dizerel
October 10th, 2016, 02:50 PM
As the darkness dissapeared, Zarya still kept her guard up just in case. With the room visible now, she asked Jason "Has he hurt you?" Needing to assess the situation and get as much info as she possibly could. Talon was a force to be feared, and it was her job as a member of overwatch to protect the innocent from them.

Sentinel Steel
October 10th, 2016, 03:28 PM
"I'm... fine." Jason really didn't know how he had healed so rapidly, as he hadn't taken any form of repair nanites in his system, but he was physically fine for now.

"Thanks... who are you?" The scientist directed his question to Zarya, his purple aura dissipating. Jason could almost predict what would happen next. Beefed up security, transferring and lockdown of data and prototypes, the whole nine yards. If that didn't put years on a young body, nothing did.

Except for, you know, assassination attempts.

Dizerel
October 10th, 2016, 03:32 PM
"I am Zarya, world record holder for weightlifting, front line russian soldier, and member of overwatch" She replied in her russian accent. "I was nearby when alarms started going off. Later learning it was talon activity, I rushed in to help. You are safe with me here"

Grimshadow
October 10th, 2016, 05:29 PM
(Oh, by the way, feel free to carry on, I'll put Genji in soon.)

Sentinel Steel
October 10th, 2016, 06:17 PM
(Kk)

"Overwatch...?" Jason raised an eyebrow. "Wasn't that organization dismantled by the UN?" Mom had always liked that organization, and according some of her personal logs that he may or may not have hacked into when he was younger indicated she had associated with them occasionally.

Before the disbandment of course.

Dizerel
October 10th, 2016, 06:24 PM
"Yes, it was, but with evil such as talon rising, overwatch reactivated, and even recruited more members, such as me. We planned on being secret originally, but our plans threw that out the window. Our only priority is keeping everyone safe, regardless if the government agrees with us or not." Zarya said, remembering her harsh times on the front lines of the Siberian front. Looking around the room, and then back at Jason, she smirked. "If you wish to help us, your technology is quite impressive. I can get you into contact with us, but for now I should probably run before your american law enforcement comes." Handing Jason a card with a single phone number on it, Zarya walked out of the room.

Sentinel Steel
October 10th, 2016, 07:24 PM
(Aaaaaaand Jason quite literally got a girl's phone number because he needed to get his hide saved. XD)

Jason just looked at the card, then back at the leaving vigilante, then back to the slip of paper. Joining a vigilante group? Weeeeeeellllllll...... it sounded interesting, he'd give it that. And no doubt bird face would be back eventually... but what would he say to his mother? 'Oh hey mom, just your only son and best scientist packing up and leaving to join an illegal group! Oh and by the way, have fun with bird face!'

Still, he slipped the card into his pocket, hearing the sounds of police already. Welp, he might as well grab whatever is salvageable.

Dizerel
October 10th, 2016, 07:34 PM
(I originally intended for the number to be super secretive, since if you didnt like overwatch you could give the card to the police, but I guess instead it will be Zarya's number.)

Zarya was able to drag herself and her particle cannon all the way down the staircase to the 5th floor before she heard police entering from the bottom of the staircase. Entering the 5th floor, she hid in a janitors closet until all the police left, which she then casually strolled to the first floor, making sure that no one saw her until she was at the entrance of the building.

Grimshadow
October 10th, 2016, 07:36 PM
(And no one pays any mind to the scratching of his name, yeah? xD)

Sentinel Steel
October 10th, 2016, 08:54 PM
(And no one pays any mind to the scratching of his name, yeah? xD)
(I think at this point, Jason has had a long night. Forgive him for not quivering in terror when he's nearly died twice already. XD And now I feel like going towards a time skip with a funny.)

The scientist that had been readyto salvage technology suddenly had a flashback of everything that had happened in the past thirty minutes, his actions finally catching up with his brain, and he promptly fell over, pale.

Dizerel
October 11th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Once zarya was on thr streets, she was pretty much safe. The best thing about her was that it was a secret that she was part of overwatch. Everyone else just knew her as the hero of the russian army, and the world weightlifting champion. This made it pretty easy for her to do overwatch activities while masking it up as "doing her duty to protect the innocent"

Dizerel
October 11th, 2016, 10:28 PM
(Boop)