PDA

View Full Version : Tangle's stream

Momotaro
December 15th, 2016, 02:30 PM
Open roleplay! It's set in a small oak wood right next to a pretty stream.

Momotaro
December 15th, 2016, 02:44 PM
"Here it is!" As he mewed that he gestured his tail to the awe-inspiring glade. The stream shimmered in the sunlight, flecks of water bouncing of rocks and into a pool at the bottom of the waterfall. The trees were huge oaks, their large leaves bathing the cats in some shade to protect them from the blazing sun.
"It's pretty isn't it?"

Maplefur
December 15th, 2016, 03:06 PM
"Here it is!" As he mewed that he gestured his tail to the awe-inspiring glade. The stream shimmered in the sunlight, flecks of water bouncing of rocks and into a pool at the bottom of the waterfall. The trees were huge oaks, their large leaves bathing the cats in some shade to protect them from the blazing sun.
"It's pretty isn't it?"

Spice shot the water an amazed glance, before turning back to Tangle. "Yes, it is. How did you find it?" She tended to wander the forest quite a bit, being bored of the noises in her twoleg den, but she had never stumbled upon this area.

Momotaro
December 16th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Spice shot the water an amazed glance, before turning back to Tangle. "Yes, it is. How did you find it?" She tended to wander the forest quite a bit, being bored of the noises in her twoleg den, but she had never stumbled upon this area.

"It's near my old Twolegs; this was the first hospitable place I saw after they abandoned me..." His ears lowered and his tail drooped as he said this sentence; he missed his Twolegs. Before the kits came life was nice and easy. But the kits were horrible. "Anyway! Can I show you somthing! It's really pretty!"

Maplefur
December 16th, 2016, 09:36 AM
"It's near my old Twolegs; this was the first hospitable place I saw after they abandoned me..." His ears lowered and his tail drooped as he said this sentence; he missed his Twolegs. Before the kits came life was nice and easy. But the kits were horrible. "Anyway! Can I show you somthing! It's really pretty!"
Spice shuffled awkwardly as Tangle spoke, unsure what to say. She perked up at the change of topic. "Sure!" She meowed.

Momotaro
December 16th, 2016, 09:39 AM
Spice shuffled awkwardly as Tangle spoke, unsure what to say. She perked up at the change of topic. "Sure!" She meowed.

"Great! Can you swim?" Ad he said that the young Tom dived into the water, splashing spice with tons of droplets. He slowly started swimming towards the waterfall, "just follow me!" He yelled. He then diapeared behind the water fall.

Maplefur
December 16th, 2016, 12:40 PM
"Great! Can you swim?" Ad he said that the young Tom dived into the water, splashing spice with tons of droplets. He slowly started swimming towards the waterfall, "just follow me!" He yelled. He then diapeared behind the water fall.

Spice flinched away from the droplets of water, cautiously padding to the edge of the river and staring after Tangle. I've never swam before... but I'm not about to let him show me up! Eyes narrowing in determination, she hopped into the water. Her head disappeared under the current, but she furiously kicked out with her legs and brought it back up, spluttering out water and gasping in air. When the momentary panic disappeared, she swam over to the waterfall that Tangle had disappeared through, struggling to keep her head up as she did so.

Momotaro
December 17th, 2016, 03:13 AM
Spice flinched away from the droplets of water, cautiously padding to the edge of the river and staring after Tangle. I've never swam before... but I'm not about to let him show me up! Eyes narrowing in determination, she hopped into the water. Her head disappeared under the current, but she furiously kicked out with her legs and brought it back up, spluttering out water and gasping in air. When the momentary panic disappeared, she swam over to the waterfall that Tangle had disappeared through, struggling to keep her head up as she did so.

Tangle quickly grabbed Spice up by the scruff; pulling her onto a hard stable rock. "Look up", he whispered softly. The cave behind the waterfall was beautiful, quarts, amethyst and opal shined from the small bits of light coming through the waterfall. The gem stones shimmered bathing the cave in lavenders, whites and iridescent colours.

Maplefur
December 17th, 2016, 07:46 AM
Tangle quickly grabbed Spice up by the scruff; pulling her onto a hard stable rock. "Look up", he whispered softly. The cave behind the waterfall was beautiful, quarts, amethyst and opal shined from the small bits of light coming through the waterfall. The gem stones shimmered bathing the cave in lavenders, whites and iridescent colours.

Spice crouched low on the ground, reveling the feeling of ground beneath her. At Tangle's words, she raised her head to look above her, a small gasp escaping her. "It's... beautiful," She murmured, her sarcastic attitude vanishing for the moment. "And you live here?" She asked him in disbelief, turning her green eyes on the tom besides her.

Momotaro
December 17th, 2016, 07:59 AM
Spice crouched low on the ground, reveling the feeling of ground beneath her. At Tangle's words, she raised her head to look above her, a small gasp escaping her. "It's... beautiful," She murmured, her sarcastic attitude vanishing for the moment. "And you live here?" She asked him in disbelief, turning her green eyes on the tom besides her.

"Yes, though I often sleep in a different cave that branches of from this." Tangle smiled, he had managed to wow this nitpicking, sarcastic, sassy she cat! This is amazing! The Tom then noticed the sun going down; "It's getting dark, do you want to go back or sleep here?"

Maplefur
December 17th, 2016, 08:07 AM
"Yes, though I often sleep in a different cave that branches of from this." Tangle smiled, he had managed to wow this nitpicking, sarcastic, sassy she cat! This is amazing! The Tom then noticed the sun going down; "It's getting dark, do you want to go back or sleep here?"

"I could stay here, yeah," Spice murmured, looking back up at the glittering crystals with a small, disbelieving shake of her head. "Not like my twolegs will really miss me, anyways." She had spent nights away before, though often she would find a nice tree or abandoned fox den in the forest to stay in. "Lead the way." She rose back up to her paws, flicking her ear to Tangle but not yet looking at him as she studied the cave. "I've never seen anything like this," she meowed.

Momotaro
December 17th, 2016, 08:16 AM
"I could stay here, yeah," Spice murmured, looking back up at the glittering crystals with a small, disbelieving shake of her head. "Not like my twolegs will really miss me, anyways." She had spent nights away before, though often she would find a nice tree or abandoned fox den in the forest to stay in. "Lead the way." She rose back up to her paws, flicking her ear to Tangle but not yet looking at him as she studied the cave. "I've never seen anything like this," she meowed.

Tangle stood up aswell, "I honestly don't know how it happened, but sometimes at midnight, I see see-through cats with stars in their paws. It's weird, but it's probably from me eating to much prey! Anyway follow me, in don't want you to get lost." Tangle then led Spice down int the tunnels, turning and twisting till they got to a large cave, in the cave was one main bed of moss and feathers, and one to the side Exept slightly smaller. "The smaller one is normally for my sister, Dove, when she comes round, but you can sleep in it. Do you want any prey? I have a little crack which I store some in."

Maplefur
December 17th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Tangle stood up aswell, "I honestly don't know how it happened, but sometimes at midnight, I see see-through cats with stars in their paws. It's weird, but it's probably from me eating to much prey! Anyway follow me, in don't want you to get lost." Tangle then led Spice down int the tunnels, turning and twisting till they got to a large cave, in the cave was one main bed of moss and feathers, and one to the side Exept slightly smaller. "The smaller one is normally for my sister, Dove, when she comes round, but you can sleep in it. Do you want any prey? I have a little crack which I store some in."

Spice felt her fur rise slightly as Tangle spoke about these see-through cats, and forced herself to calm down. Don't get creeped out, he's right. He probably just ate too much and was seeing things. Still, she couldn't help but keep away from the darker areas of the cave as the tom led her to the sleeping area. It smelt strongly of Tangle, and less so of another cat. The calico nodded as he explained the other scent belonged to his sister. "Thank you... yeah, I could use a meal." Spice didn't typically eat prey, as she didn't usually care enough to try and catch them, but she did enjoy the taste.

Momotaro
December 17th, 2016, 08:41 AM
Spice felt her fur rise slightly as Tangle spoke about these see-through cats, and forced herself to calm down. Don't get creeped out, he's right. He probably just ate too much and was seeing things. Still, she couldn't help but keep away from the darker areas of the cave as the tom led her to the sleeping area. It smelt strongly of Tangle, and less so of another cat. The calico nodded as he explained the other scent belonged to his sister. "Thank you... yeah, I could use a meal." Spice didn't typically eat prey, as she didn't usually care enough to try and catch them, but she did enjoy the taste.

Tangle leaped up to the store, "what do you prefer, vole, bird or fish, I'd recommend vole if your not used to feathers or slime." He then pulled out a nice heathy Samson and then sat down in his nest, leaving a thrush, Vole and salmon on a clean flat stone. "You could also share my fish if you like."

Maplefur
December 17th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Tangle leaped up to the store, "what do you prefer, vole, bird or fish, I'd recommend vole if your not used to feathers or slime." He then pulled out a nice heathy Samson and then sat down in his nest, leaving a thrush, Vole and salmon on a clean flat stone. "You could also share my fish if you like."

Spice eyed the prey. "Well, I've had both vole and thrush before, but not salmon... I'll share it, if you don't mind." The molly realized that she was being a lot more polite around Tangle, rather than her usual rude, sarcastic self. She wasn't sure if this was a good thing or a bad thing yet, but she shrugged it off.

Momotaro
December 17th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Spice eyed the prey. "Well, I've had both vole and thrush before, but not salmon... I'll share it, if you don't mind." The molly realized that she was being a lot more polite around Tangle, rather than her usual rude, sarcastic self. She wasn't sure if this was a good thing or a bad thing yet, but she shrugged it off.

"Ok! Come sit next to me, the nests big enough,' the young Tom paused, OK, now to try flirting., 'guess what birds feathers I used for this!" He mewed looking at the the long soft feathers, he was very proud about getting them.

Maplefur
December 17th, 2016, 09:00 AM
"Ok! Come sit next to me, the nests big enough,' the young Tom paused, OK, now to try flirting., 'guess what birds feathers I used for this!" He mewed looking at the the long soft feathers, he was very proud about getting them.

Spice padded over and settled besides Tangle, looking down at the feathers. She didn't really know her birds well, so she'd have to guess. "A dove?" She meowed uncertainly. Whatever it is, it sure makes this nest comfy!

Momotaro
December 17th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Spice padded over and settled besides Tangle, looking down at the feathers. She didn't really know her birds well, so she'd have to guess. "A dove?" She meowed uncertainly. Whatever it is, it sure makes this nest comfy!

"A swan I got nearly pecked to death but still, it's sooooo comfy. Anyway it's getting late, I'm going to sleep, good night." And just like that he fell asleep,

(Spices choice, sleep by herself or wth Tangle ( insert Lenny face))

Maplefur
December 17th, 2016, 09:15 AM
"A swan I got nearly pecked to death but still, it's sooooo comfy. Anyway it's getting late, I'm going to sleep, good night." And just like that he fell asleep,

(Spices choice, sleep by herself or wth Tangle ( insert Lenny face))

(Hah with her independent self she'd definitely sleep in the other den xD)

Spice nodded along, inspecting the feathers and dabbing a paw at one. "Good night," she meowed to Tangle, surprised to find him already asleep. Standing up slowly, as if not to wake him, she quietly padded over to the nest he said she could use, settling in with a sigh and closing her eyes. Sleep came fast, and met her with dreams of these starry cats Tangle had mentioned.

Momotaro
December 17th, 2016, 09:23 AM
(Hah with her independent self she'd definitely sleep in the other den xD)

Spice nodded along, inspecting the feathers and dabbing a paw at one. "Good night," she meowed to Tangle, surprised to find him already asleep. Standing up slowly, as if not to wake him, she quietly padded over to the nest he said she could use, settling in with a sigh and closing her eyes. Sleep came fast, and met her with dreams of these starry cats Tangle had mentioned.

~La time skip~

Tangle woke up early, he may get to sleep easily, but he is terrible at staying asleep. He stood up carefully, not wanting to wake the sleeping Molly, and started walking through the tunnels. Maybe I can get some early morning fresh kill... Then bring it as a present for Spice! Perfect!

Maplefur
December 17th, 2016, 09:40 AM
~La time skip~

Tangle woke up early, he may get to sleep easily, but he is terrible at staying asleep. He stood up carefully, not wanting to wake the sleeping Molly, and started walking through the tunnels. Maybe I can get some early morning fresh kill... Then bring it as a present for Spice! Perfect!

Spice slept, as she wasn't easily woken up. The lazy molly found sleep easy, and staying asleep easier. But, when she is woken up, she is probably the least pleasant cat to be around. She was the opposite of a morning cat, and was extremely grumpy whenever woken up, whether it be in the morning or during one of her typical naps. Her side rose and fell in rhythm, and gentle sighs escaped her now and then.

Momotaro
December 17th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Spice slept, as she wasn't easily woken up. The lazy molly found sleep easy, and staying asleep easier. But, when she is woken up, she is probably the least pleasant cat to be around. She was the opposite of a morning cat, and was extremely grumpy whenever woken up, whether it be in the morning or during one of her typical naps. Her side rose and fell in rhythm, and gentle sighs escaped her now and then.

After catching two fish and a robin, Tangle bounced back to the caves, happy with his humongous catch. When he got back he found spice still asleep, "wake up', he whispered quietly, "I've got somthing for you."

Maplefur
December 17th, 2016, 10:07 AM
After catching two fish and a robin, Tangle bounced back to the caves, happy with his humongous catch. When he got back he found spice still asleep, "wake up', he whispered quietly, "I've got somthing for you."

Spice grumbled as she was roused from her slumber. "Go away," she muttered, slapping a paw over her face, still half asleep. "I'm sleeping," Her words were quiet and slow, reflecting that her mind wasn't in full gear yet. The light pink nose that sat upon the tip of her muzzle twitched as she scented the food, and she raised her head, eyes drooping. "What've you got?"

Momotaro
December 17th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Spice grumbled as she was roused from her slumber. "Go away," she muttered, slapping a paw over her face, still half asleep. "I'm sleeping," Her words were quiet and slow, reflecting that her mind wasn't in full gear yet. The light pink nose that sat upon the tip of her muzzle twitched as she scented the food, and she raised her head, eyes drooping. "What've you got?"

"Food, and now that Ive said that I bet you'll be thanking me," Tangle teased, "It's two fish and a robin, want some?"

Maplefur
December 17th, 2016, 10:14 AM
"Food, and now that Ive said that I bet you'll be thanking me," Tangle teased, "It's two fish and a robin, want some?"

Spice nodded. "Sure, th-" She cut off, smiling. "I would like some," And I bet you'll be wrong! She stood up, stretching out her front paws. "I'll take a fish." She had quite enjoyed the Salmon the night before. "You'll have to teach me how to catch them sometime." While Spice was lazy, if putting in effort meant she got to eat a fish, then it would be worth it.

Momotaro
December 17th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Spice nodded. "Sure, th-" She cut off, smiling. "I would like some," And I bet you'll be wrong! She stood up, stretching out her front paws. "I'll take a fish." She had quite enjoyed the Salmon the night before. "You'll have to teach me how to catch them sometime." While Spice was lazy, if putting in effort meant she got to eat a fish, then it would be worth it.

"Sure! We can do it after we've finished eating" the young tom smiled, Tangle, the master of flirting. Soon after finishing their fish they set off, out of the tunnel and next to the river.

Maplefur
December 17th, 2016, 10:49 AM
"Sure! We can do it after we've finished eating" the young tom smiled, Tangle, the master of flirting. Soon after finishing their fish they set off, out of the tunnel and next to the river.

Spice followed behind Tangle, still licking the last bits of her meal off her muzzle. She padded up next to the water, staring down into it's depths and trying to see any fish darting by. "Alright, teach." She meowed commandingly. "Please," she added on, whiskers twitching in amusement.

Momotaro
December 17th, 2016, 01:12 PM
Spice followed behind Tangle, still licking the last bits of her meal off her muzzle. She padded up next to the water, staring down into it's depths and trying to see any fish darting by. "Alright, teach." She meowed commandingly. "Please," she added on, whiskers twitching in amusement.
Tangle looked up for a second, "good, the suns opposite from us, so our shadows won't alert the fish of our presence. Ok what you have to do is sit and wait, paws close to the water, and when you see a fish come by flick them out with your paw. Watch me," Tangle demonstrated cleanly and efficiently, and by the end he had a large salmon in his claws, "you should start of with smaller fish though, your not experienced."

Maplefur
December 17th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Tangle looked up for a second, "good, the suns opposite from us, so our shadows won't alert the fish of our presence. Ok what you have to do is sit and wait, paws close to the water, and when you see a fish come by flick them out with your paw. Watch me," Tangle demonstrated cleanly and efficiently, and by the end he had a large salmon in his claws, "you should start of with smaller fish though, your not experienced."

Spice snorted at Tangle's last comment, though didn't say anything. She crouched by the edge, waiting for a fish to come by. A shadow flicked by, and Spice flung her paws out, copying Tangle's movements from before and scooping it up and out of the water. The small fish landed on the ground besides her, wiggling and thrashing. She gave it a bewildered look, frozen in her spot momentarily. I did it! Shaking her head and springing to action, she held the scaly creature down and bit it at it's gills.

Momotaro
December 19th, 2016, 03:54 AM
Spice snorted at Tangle's last comment, though didn't say anything. She crouched by the edge, waiting for a fish to come by. A shadow flicked by, and Spice flung her paws out, copying Tangle's movements from before and scooping it up and out of the water. The small fish landed on the ground besides her, wiggling and thrashing. She gave it a bewildered look, frozen in her spot momentarily. I did it! Shaking her head and springing to action, she held the scaly creature down and bit it at it's gills.

"That's amazing! Soon you could move onto bigger stuff!" Tangle looked up for a second, "if you want to go home today we will have to go now, it takes more time to go back because of of wind." Tangle looked up at the she cat, she's amazing! First time fishing and she caught one! Brilliant!

Maplefur
December 19th, 2016, 05:29 AM
"That's amazing! Soon you could move onto bigger stuff!" Tangle looked up for a second, "if you want to go home today we will have to go now, it takes more time to go back because of of wind." Tangle looked up at the she cat, she's amazing! First time fishing and she caught one! Brilliant!

Spice sat the fish aside. "Alright, then I'd better be going. If I'm gone for too long my twolegs will start to worry." She glanced down at the fish, then back at Tangle's cave. "You can keep the fish- there's now way I'll be able to take it inside, or store it anywhere without some cat stealing it."

Momotaro
December 19th, 2016, 05:49 AM
Spice sat the fish aside. "Alright, then I'd better be going. If I'm gone for too long my twolegs will start to worry." She glanced down at the fish, then back at Tangle's cave. "You can keep the fish- there's now way I'll be able to take it inside, or store it anywhere without some cat stealing it."

"Thanks! Do you want me to go with you? Do you remember where to go? We could talk on the way." Tangle mewed joyfully, this has been a nice visit! Spice is really nice, and an excellent fisher!

Maplefur
December 19th, 2016, 07:34 AM
"Thanks! Do you want me to go with you? Do you remember where to go? We could talk on the way." Tangle mewed joyfully, this has been a nice visit! Spice is really nice, and an excellent fisher!

Spice frowned- she didn't exactly remember how to get back home. "Yeah, I could use some company on the walk back." She waited for him to lead the way so she wouldn't start walking in the wrong way.

Momotaro
December 21st, 2016, 08:19 AM
Spice frowned- she didn't exactly remember how to get back home. "Yeah, I could use some company on the walk back." She waited for him to lead the way so she wouldn't start walking in the wrong way.

(We can be back in Spices place now; sorry for late reply, I wasn't notified.)