PDA

View Full Version : Raven's Tunnel (Open to All!)

FireAndBright
October 6th, 2016, 01:43 PM
Raven's Tunnel, copied and pasted from the previous thread. I haven't put the italics in - I didn't have time - so sorry about that!

~Fallen~
Raven, a black she-cat, sometimes visits this tunnel. The entrance is outside the clans, and most of the tunnel is dangerous, having being weakened in the flood that swept the territories. She's never gone too far, oblivious to the fact that there is a whole network of unexplored tunnels below the clans.
Open to all!

~ Fallen ~
The young she-cat set her paws down softly as she padded along the tunnel. Darkness threatened to swallow her, but she brushed it aside with a twitch of her whiskers and a flick of her tail. She wasn't afraid of the dark.
But she was afraid of what it could conceal.
I haven't been down here for nearly a moon, she thought, settling down to lick her fur clean. But I can't blame myself - I nearly drowned by the entrance. And then I wished I had stayed behind.
Did this tunnel lead to where the clans had once lived? A pang of sorrow hit her as she remembered what the clans had been like. But once Bucknight had taken RiverClan, she had had no choice but to run.
I can be happy here, she reminded herself. I am Raven, queen of the night.
But I can never go back.
Raven clambered to her paws, then hesitated, unwilling to go back to the light just yet. What is the point in knowing a secret tunnel if you don't know where it goes? You could find an entrance to the clans, or maybe someone from RiverClan will be here. You could ask them about Mint and Mountain and...
RiverClan are gone now, she told herself. If my friends have any sense, they will have left long ago.
But that didn't stop her from walking further down the tunnel. Further into the darkness.
And this would be where she reached the point of no return.

~ Fallen ~
And the point of no return would be passed; that alone, she could be sure of. She wouldn't understand the choice that she made was one that would define the rest of her days. Raven wouldn't know that one day, her name would be feared by many. Raven wouldn't know that one cat would change everything.
As she sat, alone, lost in her own thoughts, Raven would never dream that she would kill.

~ Fallen ~
When the she-cat's own savageness frightened her, this was where she came.
I don't know what I would have done, she thought, her eyes blazing with a power she didn't understand. I didn't know who they were - so I spyed on them when Ash would have asked and introduced myself. I didn't trust them, so I kept to the shadows when Ash would have brought them out into the light.
But what frightened her most was not who she was becoming - it was the lingering idea that she was splitting in two and, soon, she would be torn apart completely.
Padding softly, her pelt melted into the shadows. The earth made no noise under her paws, and the little light that could be seen was reflected in her soft, amber eyes. She was just about to turn back when she saw light in the tunnel ahead of her. It was faint, but definitely something.
The soft earth beneath her paws turned to rock, and she began to walk faster, wondering what she had found. It opened out into a large cave, with a hole in the ceiling where the sun shone through.
She gazed in wonder at the place before her. A ledge in the stone on the far wall looked easy to climb to, and a small cave beside it almost looked like the remains of damp moss scattered the floor. It reminded her so much of her old home that it hurt; physically hurt, like everything she had ever felt was crashing down on her now.
This is what I'm leaving behind.
It was beautiful. It was a beauty that she could not ignore. It wasn't the clans. It wasn't her home.
But it could be.
She could imagine the leader leaping onto the rock, calling the clan together, the warriors and the queens and the apprentices and the elders and the kits, and the deputy, and the medicine cat. She could picture the younger cats racing to the highrock, yowling to each other as they did, and the new warriors flicking their tails in contemptment when they would have done the same moons ago; the elders moaning and the kits begging, and the leader looking down on them all with pride.
She was one of them once. She could have been one of them, but then they had changed.
And, she thought, gazing at the sky, there is nothing else I can ever be.

Phoenix
"Great! Explore the caves he said, it would be fun he said." Cody grumbled to himself. "Hello? Is anyone there?" He called and only heard his voice echo through the the many tunnels. "Hello?" He said.

~ Fallen ~
Suddenly, Raven froze. Her ears pricked, she turned towards the tunnel. Was that a voice? She shook her head to clear it. Great. Now I'm hallucinating. Unnerved, she slipped back into the tunnel, resolving to come back again soon.
It wasn't long before she reached a fork in the path. That wasn't there before. Confused, she looked back, and then realised what she had done. There must have been two tunnels into that cave, she thought, silently cursing herself. And I took the wrong one.
But it seemed she hadn't been hallucinating - there was a voice, nearby, in fact. Curious, she turned and picked the right tunnel, where she thought the voice was coming from. I can always follow my scent back if I get lost, she thought, dismissing the uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach.
"Who is it?" she called, hearing her voice echo along the dark tunnel. He might not be as close as she thought, if her voice travelled that far. "Hello?" she repeated, wondering if anyone would reply, or maybe she was hallucinating. Maybe she was just a monster, slowly going mad underground.

Phoenix
"Hi, Who are you? I'm Cody." He called.

~ Fallen ~
"I'm Raven." As he spoke, she moved towards him, choosing another path that she hoped would lead her to the tom. Cody. Isn't that a kittypet name? Shrugging, she padded forward, pretty sure she could scent him now, even though the tunnels had no breeze. "Have you been down to the tunnels before?" she asked, stopping to check that her scent was easy to follow back. She could easily get lost here - after all, she hadn't known that there were more tunnels since a few minutes ago.

Phoenix
"No. My friend told me to explore the caves since I know my way around the forest. You're probably thinking I'm a kittypet, I'm not, well not anymore." He said smelling for Raven.

~ Fallen ~
There. "Is that you?" Raven called, spotting a dark shape against the tunnel. It was dark enough down here that she couldn't make out his pelt colour, but there was enough light from somewhere that she could see the shape of his body.
The black she-cat cocked her head when the tom spoke, giving a knowing smile when he mentioned kittypet roots. Either he's had others tease him for it a lot, or he just read my mind. She wondered who his friend was - probably someone who had been down before. And unless the tom had sneaked behind her somehow, there must be another entrance to the tunnels further on.
I can't believe I was walking along in that one tunnel for moons and I didn't know there waw a whole network of tunnels in front of me. That thought was then followed by another. I wonder how big this could possibly be. "I've never been down this part of the tunnels either," she mewed, "but I have been coming down from my territory for a while. I never went far enough to see how far it went, until now, anyway."

Phoenix
"I guess I'm going crazy. It looks like I am talking to a shadow." Cody laughed. He strained his eyes to see a black pelt blending in with the tunnels surroundings. "You wouldn't know any exits would you?" He asked.

~ Fallen ~
Raven chuckled, smiling despite herself. "And I thought it was me who was hallucinating. Oh well." With a twitch of her whiskers, she padded forwards, towards the dark shape that could only be him. Her eyes, getting more used to darkness, could pick out the cat from the shadows, but no more.
At the tom's next question, she dug her claws into the ground once before responding. "Lost, are you?" She could only begun to understand the terror that would come to her if she couldn't find a way out of this place, but she laughed it off, unwilling to admit any weakness. To anyone. "I came from a tunnel quite a way back, but I should know the way. It comes out in a field not far from the wildcat groups - if you want, you can rest and eat before finding your way back tomorrow."

Phoenix
"Okay. What prey even comes down here though?" He asked.

~ Fallen ~
"Wait- what?" she asked, then shook her head in exasperation - for herself. "Sorry - I meant above ground. But I do think the occasional mouse or vole will wonder in from time to time." With a smile, hidden by the cloak of darkness, she turned and began to pad back the way she had came. "Follow me," she mewed, "and stay close."

Phoenix
"Okay." Cody said and stayed close or at least tried to stay close to the she-cat.

~ Fallen ~
Despite her worries, Raven easily found her way towards the cave she had passed through. Cody was still behind her - she was pretty sure he was, anyway - when she felt hard rock beneath her paws. "It's not far now," she meowed, her voice echoing in the cavern ahead. A moment later, she entered the cave, sitting down for a moment's rest.
The light that shone through the hole in the roof was golden and pale. Is it really sunset already? she wondered, slightly confused. I didn't spend that long down there, surely? With a sigh, she got to her paws once again, carefully noting the entrance they'd come through. She had been right - there was another hole in the opposite wall that must lead back to the field where her shelter was.

Stripefur
Thrush's pawsteps, light, like she was flying across the ground. She padded quickly in the forest, lighter and slower not in the forest.

Phoenix
Cody walked up to the hole in the tunnel, "Wow, sunset is beautiful." He breathed. "Thank you for showing me the way out." He said.

~ Fallen ~
"You're welcome." Raven padded out beside him, back into the field. "I wouldn't leave anyone down there alone," she added with a shiver. "I have a shelter where you can spend the night if you wish?" she asked, wondering where the tom would have slept if he hadn't got lost. He mentioned a friend, she thought. I hope they're not too worried about him.

NineTailsNetwork
Violetpelt tumbled down the tunnel. She had tripped on a small rock next to a hole. She tried to stop but she was going too fast. She suddenly no longer felt the cold stone floor. Plummeting, she yowled as loud as she can hoping some car has heard her. She landed hard with a thud. 'Will I die like this? Rotting away in a cave?' She heard voices further down the tunnel, and when she tried to call for them, she could not make a single sound. 'It's no use, I'm gonna die'

Bram246
October 8th, 2016, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE=~ Fallen ~;637]Raven's Tunnel, copied and pasted from the previous thread. I haven't put the italics in - I didn't have time - so sorry about that!

~Fallen~
Raven, a black she-cat, sometimes visits this tunnel. The entrance is outside the clans, and most of the tunnel is dangerous, having being weakened in the flood that swept the territories. She's never gone too far, oblivious to the fact that there is a whole network of unexplored tunnels below the clans.
Open to all!

~ Fallen ~
The young she-cat set her paws down softly as she padded along the tunnel. Darkness threatened to swallow her, but she brushed it aside with a twitch of her whiskers and a flick of her tail. She wasn't afraid of the dark.
But she was afraid of what it could conceal.
I haven't been down here for nearly a moon, she thought, settling down to lick her fur clean. But I can't blame myself - I nearly drowned by the entrance. And then I wished I had stayed behind.
Did this tunnel lead to where the clans had once lived? A pang of sorrow hit her as she remembered what the clans had been like. But once Bucknight had taken RiverClan, she had had no choice but to run.
I can be happy here, she reminded herself. I am Raven, queen of the night.
But I can never go back.
Raven clambered to her paws, then hesitated, unwilling to go back to the light just yet. What is the point in knowing a secret tunnel if you don't know where it goes? You could find an entrance to the clans, or maybe someone from RiverClan will be here. You could ask them about Mint and Mountain and...
RiverClan are gone now, she told herself. If my friends have any sense, they will have left long ago.
But that didn't stop her from walking further down the tunnel. Further into the darkness.
And this would be where she reached the point of no return.

~ Fallen ~
And the point of no return would be passed; that alone, she could be sure of. She wouldn't understand the choice that she made was one that would define the rest of her days. Raven wouldn't know that one day, her name would be feared by many. Raven wouldn't know that one cat would change everything.
As she sat, alone, lost in her own thoughts, Raven would never dream that she would kill.

~ Fallen ~
When the she-cat's own savageness frightened her, this was where she came.
I don't know what I would have done, she thought, her eyes blazing with a power she didn't understand. I didn't know who they were - so I spyed on them when Ash would have asked and introduced myself. I didn't trust them, so I kept to the shadows when Ash would have brought them out into the light.
But what frightened her most was not who she was becoming - it was the lingering idea that she was splitting in two and, soon, she would be torn apart completely.
Padding softly, her pelt melted into the shadows. The earth made no noise under her paws, and the little light that could be seen was reflected in her soft, amber eyes. She was just about to turn back when she saw light in the tunnel ahead of her. It was faint, but definitely something.
The soft earth beneath her paws turned to rock, and she began to walk faster, wondering what she had found. It opened out into a large cave, with a hole in the ceiling where the sun shone through.
She gazed in wonder at the place before her. A ledge in the stone on the far wall looked easy to climb to, and a small cave beside it almost looked like the remains of damp moss scattered the floor. It reminded her so much of her old home that it hurt; physically hurt, like everything she had ever felt was crashing down on her now.
This is what I'm leaving behind.
It was beautiful. It was a beauty that she could not ignore. It wasn't the clans. It wasn't her home.
But it could be.
She could imagine the leader leaping onto the rock, calling the clan together, the warriors and the queens and the apprentices and the elders and the kits, and the deputy, and the medicine cat. She could picture the younger cats racing to the highrock, yowling to each other as they did, and the new warriors flicking their tails in contemptment when they would have done the same moons ago; the elders moaning and the kits begging, and the leader looking down on them all with pride.
She was one of them once. She could have been one of them, but then they had changed.
And, she thought, gazing at the sky, there is nothing else I can ever be.

Phoenix
"Great! Explore the caves he said, it would be fun he said." Cody grumbled to himself. "Hello? Is anyone there?" He called and only heard his voice echo through the the many tunnels. "Hello?" He said.

~ Fallen ~
Suddenly, Raven froze. Her ears pricked, she turned towards the tunnel. Was that a voice? She shook her head to clear it. Great. Now I'm hallucinating. Unnerved, she slipped back into the tunnel, resolving to come back again soon.
It wasn't long before she reached a fork in the path. That wasn't there before. Confused, she looked back, and then realised what she had done. There must have been two tunnels into that cave, she thought, silently cursing herself. And I took the wrong one.
But it seemed she hadn't been hallucinating - there was a voice, nearby, in fact. Curious, she turned and picked the right tunnel, where she thought the voice was coming from. I can always follow my scent back if I get lost, she thought, dismissing the uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach.
"Who is it?" she called, hearing her voice echo along the dark tunnel. He might not be as close as she thought, if her voice travelled that far. "Hello?" she repeated, wondering if anyone would reply, or maybe she was hallucinating. Maybe she was just a monster, slowly going mad underground.

Phoenix
"Hi, Who are you? I'm Cody." He called.

~ Fallen ~
"I'm Raven." As he spoke, she moved towards him, choosing another path that she hoped would lead her to the tom. Cody. Isn't that a kittypet name? Shrugging, she padded forward, pretty sure she could scent him now, even though the tunnels had no breeze. "Have you been down to the tunnels before?" she asked, stopping to check that her scent was easy to follow back. She could easily get lost here - after all, she hadn't known that there were more tunnels since a few minutes ago.

Phoenix
"No. My friend told me to explore the caves since I know my way around the forest. You're probably thinking I'm a kittypet, I'm not, well not anymore." He said smelling for Raven.

~ Fallen ~
There. "Is that you?" Raven called, spotting a dark shape against the tunnel. It was dark enough down here that she couldn't make out his pelt colour, but there was enough light from somewhere that she could see the shape of his body.
The black she-cat cocked her head when the tom spoke, giving a knowing smile when he mentioned kittypet roots. Either he's had others tease him for it a lot, or he just read my mind. She wondered who his friend was - probably someone who had been down before. And unless the tom had sneaked behind her somehow, there must be another entrance to the tunnels further on.
I can't believe I was walking along in that one tunnel for moons and I didn't know there waw a whole network of tunnels in front of me. That thought was then followed by another. I wonder how big this could possibly be. "I've never been down this part of the tunnels either," she mewed, "but I have been coming down from my territory for a while. I never went far enough to see how far it went, until now, anyway."

Phoenix
"I guess I'm going crazy. It looks like I am talking to a shadow." Cody laughed. He strained his eyes to see a black pelt blending in with the tunnels surroundings. "You wouldn't know any exits would you?" He asked.

~ Fallen ~
Raven chuckled, smiling despite herself. "And I thought it was me who was hallucinating. Oh well." With a twitch of her whiskers, she padded forwards, towards the dark shape that could only be him. Her eyes, getting more used to darkness, could pick out the cat from the shadows, but no more.
At the tom's next question, she dug her claws into the ground once before responding. "Lost, are you?" She could only begun to understand the terror that would come to her if she couldn't find a way out of this place, but she laughed it off, unwilling to admit any weakness. To anyone. "I came from a tunnel quite a way back, but I should know the way. It comes out in a field not far from the wildcat groups - if you want, you can rest and eat before finding your way back tomorrow."

Phoenix
"Okay. What prey even comes down here though?" He asked.

~ Fallen ~
"Wait- what?" she asked, then shook her head in exasperation - for herself. "Sorry - I meant above ground. But I do think the occasional mouse or vole will wonder in from time to time." With a smile, hidden by the cloak of darkness, she turned and began to pad back the way she had came. "Follow me," she mewed, "and stay close."

Phoenix
"Okay." Cody said and stayed close or at least tried to stay close to the she-cat.

~ Fallen ~
Despite her worries, Raven easily found her way towards the cave she had passed through. Cody was still behind her - she was pretty sure he was, anyway - when she felt hard rock beneath her paws. "It's not far now," she meowed, her voice echoing in the cavern ahead. A moment later, she entered the cave, sitting down for a moment's rest.
The light that shone through the hole in the roof was golden and pale. Is it really sunset already? she wondered, slightly confused. I didn't spend that long down there, surely? With a sigh, she got to her paws once again, carefully noting the entrance they'd come through. She had been right - there was another hole in the opposite wall that must lead back to the field where her shelter was.

Stripefur
Thrush's pawsteps, light, like she was flying across the ground. She padded quickly in the forest, lighter and slower not in the forest.

Phoenix
Cody walked up to the hole in the tunnel, "Wow, sunset is beautiful." He breathed. "Thank you for showing me the way out." He said.

~ Fallen ~
"You're welcome." Raven padded out beside him, back into the field. "I wouldn't leave anyone down there alone," she added with a shiver. "I have a shelter where you can spend the night if you wish?" she asked, wondering where the tom would have slept if he hadn't got lost. He mentioned a friend, she thought. I hope they're not too worried about him.

NineTailsNetwork
Violetpelt tumbled down the tunnel. She had tripped on a small rock next to a hole. She tried to stop but she was going too fast. She suddenly no longer felt the cold stone floor. Plummeting, she yowled as loud as she can hoping some car has heard her. She landed hard with a thud. 'Will I die like this? Rotting away in a cave?' She heard voices further down the tunnel, and when she tried to call for them, she could not make a single sound. 'It's no use, I'm gonna die'[/QUOTE]

Jungle played next to the tunnels entrance. Her tortishell fur was soak with all the water in the tunnel. She didn't know how she made it out.

Static
December 30th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Weasel tail ran in a tunnel after a rabbit that was running on the Moor.she did not notice she was under ground intill she had the rabbit under her paw dead and she lifted her head in surprise."how did I get here?"she muttered to herself