PDA

View Full Version : Sparrow's Den

~Breadsticks~
December 11th, 2016, 06:48 PM
Gusty
The young dappled she-cat trotted out of the den and into the beautiful garden. She jumped up onto the fence and look around, the red and white houses seemed to go on forever. Sparrow gave a content sigh and turned her gaze back toward the street where a monster flew past. The she-cat gave a soft hiss as the smoke from behind the vehicle clogged her pelt. She shook out her pelt and began to groom herself, getting rid off the remaining bits of smoke.

Gusty
December 12th, 2016, 04:37 PM
TheBread (I think this is my longest rp post so far lol)

Apollo had finally got his well-earned, well-needed freedom. After about a moon trapped inside of his house, he was finally let outside. But it wasn't as if it were a bad house, mind you. It was more of a grand mansion than anything else; it was snugly fit among the 'rich' homes in the neighborhood, and was known for its well-bred cats. Apollo happened to be one of them.

Nonetheless, the tom was freed from his owners for the next few days. The only reason they did this was because he was trustworthy: never would Apollo run off without coming back. Never would he roam off for more than a week, without checking in with his owners. And to the human's delight, Apollo usually came back with a handsome kitten or two in his jaws- his own, of course, with nice Siamese features. It was this dependency that led the owners to free him during certain nights of the month. A win-win for everybody.

There was a sky blue collar around his neck, complimenting his orbs nicely, and stating his address and name in black ink. The tomcat adjusted it a little bit to make it more comfortable, and looked over his shoulder. Good; the humans were gone. Apollo was free to roam as he pleased.

The pure-bred Siamese knew that the best places for finding cats was the alley-streets of town. In that area, the shelters were smaller and cozier. There were feral cats who wouldn't mind having kits with him. There were pleasant, kind-hearted mollies that exceeded his expectations in every way, and that was where he wanted to go. The tom wandered off for a while, careful to stray away from dogs and cars rumbling on the streets. Daytime was a dangerous time to be out, but if he was cautious enough, it would be okay.

There was finally a house of interest coming up ahead. It held a cute little garden, springing with herbs and floral wildlife. And of course, he smelled a cat inside. It was a molly who was old enough to understand love and have kits, which perked up his ears even more. The Siamese stepped foot into the springy grass, setting blue gaze intently on Sparrow, and flashing a small smile.

~Breadsticks~
December 12th, 2016, 05:32 PM
Gusty Sorry I'm super tired so my posts might not be that great)
The dappled she-cat managed to adjust her leaf green collar as she balanced on the fence. She glanced around the street before a tom caught her eye. The kittypet hopped down beside him and smiled, "Hello, I'm Sparrow." She purred in a smooth voice, curling her tail over her back. Sparrow looked over the tom but redirected her sky blue gaze back to his face, her eyes lit with interest.

Gusty
December 14th, 2016, 06:17 AM
"Why, that's a nice name," the Siamese said, tipping his head so that they could be closer together. The tom was pretty amused at the response. Sparrow seemed innocent enough, and not to mention good-looking. She'd be perfect.

He padded up towards her, admiring the speckles around the molly's back. "Are you doing anything interesting today, sweetie?" Apollo wondered aloud, swaying his tail towards the flowerbeds. "Or is it just another lonesome, average day? Hmm?" His voice was full of concern- real or not, he didn't care. TheBread

~Breadsticks~
December 14th, 2016, 02:29 PM
"Why, that's a nice name," the Siamese said, tipping his head so that they could be closer together. The tom was pretty amused at the response. Sparrow seemed innocent enough, and not to mention good-looking. She'd be perfect.

He padded up towards her, admiring the speckles around the molly's back. "Are you doing anything interesting today, sweetie?" Apollo wondered aloud, swaying his tail towards the flowerbeds. "Or is it just another lonesome, average day? Hmm?" His voice was full of concern- real or not, he didn't care. TheBread
Sparrow narrowed her eyes slightly but purred in response, "I'm not doing anything today, just hanging around here." The molly swished her tail as she motioned around the dens. She gained a small blush as she realized he'd gotten closer but shook her head, giving him a small, friendly smile.
(Sorry I just got up^)

Gusty
December 14th, 2016, 04:19 PM
(It's okay; I might reply late sometimes too ;w; TheBread )

“Oh, well, I’m sure that’s pleasant nonetheless,” The tom hoped politely. He began licking his front right paw as if the fur there was messy, although it wasn’t. But it did make him seem a little bit more handsome in his opinion, satisfying Apollo greatly. Appearance could make quite a difference, especially for a molly or for humans- he learned that the hard way, many months ago.

“But since you have nothing going on, would you like to spend some time with me? I mean, it just so happens that you’re quite cute.” He complimented, widening his eyes so that the whole act seemed genuine- and looking at Sparrow herself, she seemed to be a believer. “I mean, it’s not like you have anything else going on at the moment. You could spare a full day or two, can’t you?” His orbs twinkled in the afternoon sunlight that beamed against Sparrow’s home.

~Breadsticks~
December 14th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Gusty
Sparrow's fur grew hot as she began blushing, "Oh-uh.. Sure, I can spend a few days with you." She stuttered, giving a soft smile. The molly glanced down at her paws but turned her gaze back to Apollo giving him a wondering look, "I never caught your name." She said in a friendly manner, her tail swishing across the short, neatly cut grass. The dappled kittypet perked her ears and her blue eyes were bright with interest as she gave a soft purr.

Gusty
December 14th, 2016, 07:40 PM
"Oh, my dear, did I already forget to introduce myself?" The Siamese wondered, allowing himself to let out a soft purr that accompanied Sparrow's. "I'm Apollo." With speaking his name, the tom's head cocked with a small grin. "I do like it very much. My owners named me that- I'm sure it has some meaning to them, but I'm not exactly sure of it." He added on. The tom truly didn't know what exactly it meant, but it couldn't be too low-class of a name. His owners would never name him something rude or childish.

"Ah, and I almost forgot to mention! What's your name? I can't go without knowing," he said rather smoothly, twitching his tail towards the dappled molly. "I'm sure it's very nice, judging from your looks."

~Breadsticks~
December 15th, 2016, 01:13 AM
Gusty
The dappled molly nodded, "I'm sure it does mean something to them." She said, her soft blue gaze drifting over him yet again and she found herself blushing as she redirected her hues back to the tom's face. "My name is Sparrow." She said, flicking an ear as she grinned at the tom's comment. He sure was a flirter but she didn't mind much, it did amuse her to see him searching for compliments to give the she-cat. "So, I'm guessing you don't live too close to here?" Sparrow guessed, glancing around at the houses then back at the tom, "I suppose you could but I haven't heard of a tom with such a handsome name living around here."

Gusty
December 15th, 2016, 03:12 PM
@TheBread

"Oh, that's a glorious name." The tom said, proud of the adjective that he'd just said seconds before. After all, Apollo never gotten a proper education; the words he knew were picked up from his adoptive family and friends. And those felines weren't the most educated either.

"It's perfect for a cat like you." He purred afterwards, letting his blue orbs rest on the molly's pelt. "Don't you think?" It was a rhetorical question.

"Thank you for the compliment; I do admit that I groom my fur often. Anyways, I live over there," he said, flicking his tail vaguely towards the north part of the village. "It's in a different part of town, quite some distance away." His chin raised upwards, with an attempt to see the rooflines of the houses far away, but he couldn't see much. Everything was blocked by large bushes and man-made formations.

~Breadsticks~
December 21st, 2016, 03:21 PM
Gusty
Sparrow rose an eyebrow in amusement at the tom's comment, He's the most flirty cat I've met.. She thought but gave a small smile, "So far away? There must be a reason you're here Apollo?" The molly said questioningly, her eyes filled with wonder as she stole another glance over the handsome tom's pelt. Her dappled pelt swished in the wind as she fluffed her short fur slightly, shaking her head. The kittypet once again redirected her wondering gaze back to meet Apollo's blue orbs.

Gusty
December 21st, 2016, 06:14 PM
“Oh, well, I suppose I’m here because I wanted to meet someone new today.” He laughed, throwing his head back in a windswept, easygoing way. “I didn’t know I’d come across such a cat like you, of course. It’s nice. Seeing you, that is.” He elaborated, flashing a grin as his paws stretched across the springy crisp green grass. “It makes me feel good about myself, and I’m sure it’s the same way for you- right?” The Siamese questioned aloud.

He relaxed along the cozy mattress of grass for a moment longer, until his ear twitched with newfound anticipation. “By the way, do you want to do something right now? Maybe go inside your house?” He inquired. “Or go on an adventure of our own? That’d be nice, don’t you think?” The tom was eager to get the relationship moving.

~Breadsticks~
December 22nd, 2016, 10:38 AM
Gusty
"I guess I do feel better about myself now that I've met someone like you." The dappled molly purred, her blue eyes bright with interest. Sparrow watched him for a moment before speaking again, "An adventure would be lovely." She swished her tail around the grass before bringing it back up to her side as she smiled.

Gusty
December 24th, 2016, 09:41 AM
TheBread {sorry for the late response}

"Why, how 'bout we get to it then?" He said suddenly, springing up to his paws in the new hunt of adventure and bounding over to the molly's side. The tom's pelt brushed against hers slightly, but he hardly took any notice to the movement.

"I mean, I haven't been to one in quite a while myself," he admitted with a bright smile, skipping forwards across the lawn. His head jerked back to see if Sparrow was following him- the last thing he wanted was to be alone. That would take away the purpose of an adventure.

~Breadsticks~
December 24th, 2016, 01:15 PM
(That's fine Gusty )
Sparrow nodded and gave a large grin, "Of course!" She got to her paws, slightly blushing as their pelts brushed but she still grinned. The dappled molly trotted after the tom, her ears perked, "Where should we go? I haven't traveled in such a long time, I'm not sure any of the spots would still be very nice." She said, her tail waving behind her.

Gusty
December 24th, 2016, 04:19 PM
TheBread

"Ah, I've been here a couple of times... there's a nice little garden-park area around the corner of this block, does that suit your fancy?" He said, trying to stretch his neck forwards to see the faint outline of the garden. "Let's just hope that there's not going to be any humans or something." The tom laughed. That'll definitely ruin the occasion. And my attitude towards them.

"But if there are, I'll help protect you. Don't worry." He said with a wink, padding off of the springy grass and onto the hard stone pavement that scraped against his paw-pads.

In reality, Apollo had no clue how to react to humans if they came by. He knew that they'd need to be avoided, but how? Oh, that didn't really matter yet. If something out of the ordinary happened, he'd act impulsively.

Gusty
December 29th, 2016, 04:21 PM
(Boop TheBread )

~Breadsticks~
December 29th, 2016, 05:17 PM
Gusty Oops so sorry)
Sparrow nodded, "The park sounds nice." The dappled molly smiled as they neared and she heard his comment, "Ah, I might just take you up on that if there are any here." She purred, turning and giving him a wink.

Gusty
December 29th, 2016, 07:34 PM
TheBread (It's ok)
Apollo threw his head back and laughed again. "Ah, I won't disappoint you," he replied. The tom's tail flicked, giving her a slight prod to her side.

The Siamese padded forwards, letting his paws slap against the hard stone. With each step, he wished to wince: why can't humans make their floors a little softer? Wouldnt they want more comfortable grounds to walk on? Sometimes, I just can't get them. Making these sidewalks out of rock, or something.

His eyes focused on the nearby subject of notice. The garden. "Ah, here we go!" Apollo cheered. "Do you think it's nice?"

~Breadsticks~
December 29th, 2016, 08:13 PM
The molly gave a light laugh, sticking her tongue out playfully as he prodded her. When the garden came into sight she smiled, "It looks very nice." Sparrow purred, trotting around the garden, careful not to step on the plants. Her tail was high in the air as she weaved her way around the plants, growing more and more confident every moment until she was charging around, leaping over flowers and other sweet smelling plants. Happiness radiated off the dappled kittypet as she hopped around, her eyes bright with joy.

Gusty
December 30th, 2016, 10:58 AM
TheBread
Everywhere the tom looked, there were the brilliance of nature. Various flowers peeked up from the ground, like luscious tulips and gold chrysanthemum. Small daisies sprouting out of the ground in artfully decorated spots, which was obviously a twoleg design of some sort, because Mother Nature would never plant it in a pattern.

There were a couple of trees, for shade, but not as many as the forest. Benches were placed at certain intervals for those hairless humans to sit on. There was a small man-made stream flowing down the center of the garden, trickling across man-placed stones that were mossy and soaked to the core.

Apollo did not see the true beauty of nature often, nor did he go to gardens often. He skipped around with the dappled molly, laughing as he went, feeling as happy and bright as a kitten. "This place is almost as beautiful as you."

~Breadsticks~
December 30th, 2016, 11:31 AM
The molly slowed to a walk and traveled around the garden, giving a soft smile at his comment, "You always know how to impress." She purred in amusement playfully flicking his ear with her tail as she trotted forward, her gaze set on a large oak tree. She climbed up into the tree, gasping as she looked across the garden, "Apollo look at the garden from up here!" Sparrow purred, her gaze still lit with excitement.

Gusty
December 30th, 2016, 01:40 PM
TheBread

Apollo looked up at the gigantic oak tree. "The view must be amazing from up there." He said, widening his eyes. The Siamese brought out his claws for a better grip, and pushed his body up the tree.

He must've been a natural, because Apollo never climbed one before. He had swung up human-made swings and building blocks, made of various woods and plastics, but never the real thing. The back was rough to touch, and lumpy at spots. Bugs, like ants and beetles, were crawling over it in a couple of places. His collar jingled with each movement, scaring away the occasional bird that flew near.

Uhmph, he thought, finally pushing his hind legs onto the branch where Sparrow was. "Ooh. It is a nice view. Definitely worth the struggle to get up here." The tom replied.

~Breadsticks~
December 30th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Gusty
Sparrow nodded, slightly giggling at remembering the sight of the tom trying to get up into the tree with her. "For a moment there I thought you'd fall back down." The molly giggled, her soft blue eyes filled with laughter as she grinned. "I wonder.." She trailed off and sunk her claws into the bark, pulling herself higher into the tree, "Well, I can hardly see, I was hoping for a view of the whole park from up here." The dappled kittypet giggled, carefully making her way back down to Apollo's side.

Gusty
December 30th, 2016, 05:02 PM
TheBread

Apollo looked at Sparrow, with a small gleam in his eyes. "Maybe, we should go higher up the tree. The very top." He said, lifting his front paws upwards towards the bigger branches. "It wouldn't hurt, would it?" He thought aloud. "Then, we could get the view of the whole area, even better than before!" There was a hint of mischievous pride glowing in his eyes.

The house-cat tested his weight on the branch above him. It seemed sturdy enough, and large enough too. Sparrow's weight, and his, would probably fit snugly enough, without them falling.

"You're not afraid of heights, are you?" Apollo asked. He moved awkwardly around the tree branch, attempting to go even higher. The tree didn't bulge, but the branch swayed slightly.

~Breadsticks~
December 30th, 2016, 05:15 PM
@Gusty
"The very top?" The kittypet asked, staring high into the tree, "Let's do it." She purred, moving forward and pulling herself up onto the branch Apollo had been on and looked around. "Hmmm.." Sparrow carefully hopped onto another branch and pulled herself onto a thicker one just above her. The kittypet stared down at the branch she'd just been on as it dropped to the ground. She turned her gaze to Apollo but still went higher into the tree, growing in confidence as she climbed. "I bet we'd be able to see my garden from here.. Maybe." The dappled molly said as she hooked her paws around a branch above her and pulled herself up onto it.

Gusty
December 31st, 2016, 08:41 AM
TheBread

"Maybe." Apollo replied, pushing up his body higher and higher, stopping to look down at Sparrow at certain intervals to see if she was okay. Nearing the top of the tree, the branches got a little less sturdy, and a lot more narrow. It was becoming increasingly dangerous as they went higher, but what did that matter?- if they didn't fall, everything would be okay.

"I think the view's nicer here, don't you think?" He said, when three-quarters up to the top. "I can't see your garden from here, but I can see this human park well."

~Breadsticks~
January 1st, 2017, 01:55 PM
Sparrow pulled herself higher into the tree, giving a soft hiss as the branches got smaller. She flicked her tail and peered down, looking at the park, "For how they look, the humans did a good job." The dappled molly smiled as she looked around then glanced over at Apollo, "Want to go down now?" Her voice held confidence she didn't feel up this high in the tree.

Gusty
January 3rd, 2017, 04:39 PM
TheBread
Apollo climbed to the near top of the tree. It wasn’t exactly paradise, or perfect in any way. But nonetheless, it was a nice sight to view. Glorious. The tops of trees were seeable from this height, as well as the tops of faraway human house’s chimneys slate-top roofs. The garden’s details was clearly visible, too: the stream churned its glassy, ice-cold water downhill, and the flowers swayed in the chilly wind. “Ha, so this is what it feels like to be a bird, don’t you think?”

It wasn’t just the flowers that swayed in the breeze, but the trees too: including his. Thankfully, Apollo and Sparrow’s chosen tree was sturdy compared to the other ones, which was a relief, but it rocked back and forth nonetheless. It was lurching from one side to the next. It also didn’t help that the branches were narrowing in width nearing the top of the tree, which meant that it was easier to break his balance and fall.

Finally, the cat jingled its noisy collar with a head turn towards the dappled cat and comprehended her words. “Yeah, why not?” Apollo shrugged at the end, inhaling each sight as if it were some sort of delectable gourmet food. He scampered down one branch, very much like a squirrel would, head-first and completely inexperienced.