PDA

View Full Version : SNOW! Winter talk!

Socks
December 9th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Um.. Snow is not to be here in my Oregon but we got it and school has been canceled.. I wish I was home.

Anyway, I'm not used to snow but it's been here for the last few winters and its very very strange.

But I'm happy for snow, Christmas is coming, songs are coming on the radio, and letters are getting mailed to Santa!(Sorry if you don't celebrate Christmas, I respect you greatly, so happy holidays to you!)

Here is where we will talk about all things winter, holidays, what we hope for from secret Santa, and all that.

Who else has odd snow this year?

Officer Wolf
December 9th, 2016, 12:16 PM
To be fair, instead of it being odd /having/ snow, it is odd not having snow in my area. So, we have snow almost year-round, and it sucks. But, it is worth it, being in the area I am at rather than dealing with Trump. (No offence to Trump supporters.)
Three cheers to Sweden then. :woot:

aleka!
December 9th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Here in Texas, the weather changes so suddenly and quickly we rarely get snow. But we do get this sleet type of thing, and this sort of "snow" comes with it. It usually gets really bad, one time we got the whole week of school off because of it.

Also, for Secret Santa I mostly want written work, mostly poetry. This year, I'm really into it.

Maplefur
December 9th, 2016, 02:30 PM
We're supposed to get snow here soon, and I'm super excited! I love snow, it's the only thing that will get me out when it's cold xD

For Secret Santa, I'd really like some artwork of one of my cats, though I'd honestly be happy with anything hahah.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
December 9th, 2016, 02:55 PM
Lol then there's me the snow came in the middle of November left and then came back to stay last weekend. That's what I love about Michigan you never have a clue about what the weather will do and when it will happen, it just does whatever the heck it wants XD

Socks
December 9th, 2016, 05:43 PM
The snow at home is slush, it melts in the warmer parts of the day and then freezes again over night, leaving ice and slush all over the streets, a very obvious accident alert.

People are like 'You get school canceled in two inches of snow, while I got mountains of snow and still go to school.' but they forget how dangerous it is to drive here.

Also this is my first secret santa so I'd be happy with anything

aleka!
December 9th, 2016, 06:00 PM
I remember when I was in Girl Scouts, (Not anymore e3e) And it was terrible because we had to sell cookies in the snow. It was very terrible.

Socks
December 9th, 2016, 06:03 PM
I remember when I was a girl scout ;-;

kozui-chan
December 9th, 2016, 06:05 PM
in connecticut it snows a lot in the winter.

Socks
December 9th, 2016, 06:06 PM
Life is crazy. Global Warming

aleka!
December 9th, 2016, 06:24 PM
I don't know why I'm saying this, but, Donald Trump doesn't believe in Global Warming and thinks it's a hoax.

wren
December 9th, 2016, 06:27 PM
I don't know why I'm saying this, but, Donald Trump doesn't believe in Global Warming and thinks it's a hoax.

Well maybe because the world has been cooling and heating for millions of years it's just is generation wants to point it out more. That's a view point I'm sort of leaning towards. Halfway on the fence

Socks
December 9th, 2016, 06:55 PM
I don't like Donald trump, but I think a cooling of the earth might be coming sometime in the future, not an ice age, but a cooling of some sort.

doghouse
December 9th, 2016, 08:00 PM
Last winter it was 95° out around the middle of January XD it actually broke the record for warmest winter in the area, and this winter, it's snowing hard and about 2° out.

It's such a big temperature difference! It's been snowing and raining for almost a week straight now!

Socks
December 9th, 2016, 08:41 PM
I bet when I get home it's just gonna be back to typical west coast raining

savage scar
December 9th, 2016, 10:43 PM
We don't have snow where I live

Socks
December 9th, 2016, 10:57 PM
We don't have snow where I live

Have you ever experienced snow in other places?

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 12:02 AM
So, moderator applications have been opened up!

December 10th, 2016, 12:17 AM
Where I'm from, we don't have snow ;-; Instead, we either have really cold weather or really hot weather. And we're suffering a drought here, so that's a plus DX

savage scar
December 10th, 2016, 12:19 AM
Have you ever experienced snow in other places?

Nope, I haven't left my Home state before, But my sister has and she saw snow when she went to Berlin

LuciPie
December 10th, 2016, 11:21 AM
The first snow I had here(not counting earlier in Jan and Feb cus I cant remember) was in November. Haven't had it since yet

Also, I just thought of getting something random from secret santa, but then I got an idea... We can ask for any artwork right? It doesn't have to be artwork of our cats? Just to make sure

Gusty
December 10th, 2016, 12:06 PM
The first snow I had here(not counting earlier in Jan and Feb cus I cant remember) was in November. Haven't had it since yet

Also, I just thought of getting something random from secret santa, but then I got an idea... We can ask for any artwork right? It doesn't have to be artwork of our cats? Just to make sure
Yeah, we could ask for artwork of anything I suppose. Given that your SS is willing to draw...? ;w;

wren
December 10th, 2016, 12:09 PM
So, moderator applications have been opened up!

Seriously where?

Foreversoul
December 10th, 2016, 12:15 PM
i went to West V.A. and there was snow last year. no snow in SC damnit

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 03:12 PM
The site announcement thing mentioned how they had the applications open, but they might not pick someone. something like that.

aleka!
December 10th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Wait, have they started messaging who you're gonna get for Secret Santa (making sure I'm not missing it..)

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 04:09 PM
Wait, have they started messaging who you're gonna get for Secret Santa (making sure I'm not missing it..)

They're not yet messaging who your gonna have to get a gift for, but they have sent out a message you gotta reply to to confirm your participating.

Empress Of Evil
December 10th, 2016, 04:36 PM
I've never seen snow nor touched it. The only ti,e i've seen it is on Tv.

Gusty
December 10th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Awww what? You should go to Canada some time during the winter this year to see snow c: (or any place that snows really)

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 06:00 PM
Nope, I haven't left my Home state before, But my sister has and she saw snow when she went to Berlin

You guys haven't lived cuz snow needs to be touched and played with(My teen mind is thinking badly at what I typed bUt whateves) Snow to me is literally the best, that's why Canadian art colleges are what I'm hoping to go to

LuciPie
December 10th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Yeah, we could ask for artwork of anything I suppose. Given that your SS is willing to draw...? ;w;

Awesome! I know it depends if they're willing to draw, but it just gives me something specific to request, and could give my SS ideas of what else they could give me :P

So, in that case...

I LOVE LUCIFER(specifically the spn Lucifer, and even more specifically the Mark Pellegrino Lucifer (http://www.daemonstv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/mark-pellegrino.jpg)) SO THAT CAN GIVE MY SECRET SANTA IDEAS FOR WHAT TO GIVE ME!!! :D

Brooklyn Trees
December 10th, 2016, 07:47 PM
It doesn't snow where I live, but it's a possibility where I'm moving... However global warming has made it a bit warmer there for the past several years and it hasn't snowed there to my knowledge for at least a decade.
I have however seen snow on mountains and been on several mountains (not climbing them) going to places like ski resorts...

And, LuciPie, Every time you say Mark Pellegrino's name all I can think about is carbonated water because ever since I can remember my family has bought carbonated water from a company called San Pellegrino XD (San meaning saint in Spanish).

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 07:48 PM
So, what holidays you guys celebrate, I celebrate Christmas, but I'm not all the bible type and stuff..

Brooklyn Trees
December 10th, 2016, 07:51 PM
So, what holidays you guys celebrate, I celebrate Christmas, but I'm not all the bible type and stuff..
I celebrate Christmas in a very... Odd way? I guess? My mother is an atheist and my father is a christian so my Christmas traditions have some christianly traditional things and some not so christian things... Like the fact that my nativity scene has snow (a.k.a. wool) on it because my mother thought it would be more Christmasy with snow on it.

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 07:58 PM
I celebrate Christmas in a very... Odd way? I guess? My mother is an atheist and my father is a christian so my Christmas traditions have some christianly traditional things and some not so christian things... Like the fact that my nativity scene has snow (a.k.a. wool) on it because my mother thought it would be more Christmasy with snow on it.

My family's similar. Both parents believe in Jesus and bible stuff but me and my father like science. My father's side of the family has all these different Christian stuff in their decorations, while my mothers side has German versions of stuff, like candles on the tree

So it's odd, and my mom does some Buddha stuff... Christmas is odd for me as well.

Brooklyn Trees
December 10th, 2016, 08:00 PM
My family's similar. Both parents believe in Jesus and bible stuff but me and my father like science. My father's side of the family has all these different Christian stuff in their decorations, while my mothers side has German versions of stuff, like candles on the tree

So it's odd, and my mom does some Buddha stuff... Christmas is odd for me as well.
XP

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 08:03 PM
XP

Also my mother is convinced that I have psychic magic powers and stuff...

Brooklyn Trees
December 10th, 2016, 08:07 PM
Also my mother is convinced that I have psychic magic powers and stuff...
My mom's an atheist so that would not happen with me XD
I was temporarily convinced when was around six or so however that people had magical powers but we couldn't do anything with them because why didn't try because we didn't have proof because nobody had seen anything because because nobody had done it because nobody tried, etc. etc. in a circle that completes itself, because one day I stretched my fingers out in an odd splayed position and waited for something to happen and my fingertips fell asleep and started tingling which convinced me temporarily that it was magic... Yeah, that was an odd time...

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 08:10 PM
My mom's an atheist so that would not happen with me XD
I was temporarily convinced when was around six or so however that people had magical powers but we couldn't do anything with them because why didn't try because we didn't have proof because nobody had seen anything because because nobody had done it because nobody tried, etc. etc. in a circle that completes itself, because one day I stretched my fingers out in an odd splayed position and waited for something to happen and my fingertips fell asleep and started tingling which convinced me temporarily that it was magic... Yeah, that was an odd time...

I kinda believed it as a kid, but now its just like i'll be introduced to someone and my mom will go. "Yeah, my little Krisie can sense things!"

Brooklyn Trees
December 10th, 2016, 08:11 PM
I kinda believed it as a kid, but now its just like i'll be introduced to someone and my mom will go. "Yeah, my little Krisie can sense things!"
XD

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 08:12 PM
'Krisie' is the most humiliating thing my mother has called me in public...

Brooklyn Trees
December 10th, 2016, 08:27 PM
'Krisie' is the most humiliating thing my mother has called me in public...
The most humiliating thing that I've probably been called in public would be Bean, Brownie or Kitty. XD

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 08:31 PM
The most humiliating thing that I've probably been called in public would be Bean, Brownie or Kitty. XD

Wait, My friend Brendy Straw And my friend Young Thug called me 'Kristoph' in class for a week one time. That's more humiliating.

Brooklyn Trees
December 10th, 2016, 08:35 PM
Wait, My friend Brendy Straw And my friend Young Thug called me 'Kristoph' in class for a week one time. That's more humiliating.
XD
I just can't imagine what it must be like for my brother's friend whom he has decided to nickname ducky-friend. Don't ask me why because don't know, it's a mystery.
Oh wait, adding to me previous list, probably one of the more humiliating things would be when my siblings decided to take my three year old cousin's mispronunciation of my name and call me it constantly, all the time until I told them that I hated it and they got bored. XD

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 08:38 PM
My older brother's friend found my name the funniest thing he's heard and when my dog jumped on him and got stuck while getting in the car, I just sat there as he yelled "kris! Krisie!"

Brooklyn Trees
December 10th, 2016, 08:41 PM
My older brother's friend found my name the funniest thing he's heard and when my dog jumped on him and got stuck while getting in the car, I just sat there as he yelled "kris! Krisie!"
...Wow...

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 08:45 PM
I eventually helped him but my dog was on his crouch area and it was... very awkward..

Brooklyn Trees
December 11th, 2016, 12:00 AM
I eventually helped him but my dog was on his crouch area and it was... very awkward..
Wow... Yeah that sounds pretty awkward...

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
December 12th, 2016, 08:50 PM
Is it weird that the only ever had one nickname *cough cough* Kyle.

aleka!
December 12th, 2016, 08:54 PM
I remember when I was shopping with my Mom and she called me- "Honey Buns" Let's just say she pretty much got a death stare until we were done.

LuciPie
December 14th, 2016, 01:19 AM
I've never had a nickname in real life. Everyone always called me by my name. Until I added a bunch of people from college on facebook(cus I call myself Cat on that) so they call me Cat :D