PDA

View Full Version : What does your name mean?

Zan Partizanne
December 6th, 2016, 09:00 AM
What does your name irl mean? this is what mine means

You are honest, benevolent, brilliant and often inventive, full of high inspirations. You are courageous, honest, determined, original and creative. You are a leader, especially for a cause. Sometimes you do not care to finish what you start, and may leave details to others. You can do well in position of authority, and prospers in intellectual and professional fields.You have an eventful, exciting life. You are versatile and have the ability to learn easily.

You desire to inspire and lead, to control other's affairs. You are giving, courageous and bold, action oriented,energetic and strong willed. You want to make a difference in the world, and this attitude often attracts you to cultural interests, politics, social issues, and the cultivation of your creative talents.
(some of it is defiantly not me)

this is what my WCO name means:

Powerful and complete. You are good intellectually and require several outlets for your energies. You are not a builder but a planner, and you want others to carry out your plans.You are bold, independent, inquisitive and interested in research. You know what you want and why you want it.
You are always looking for a chance to do your own thing, to be your own person, and to have things done your own way.

Teggy
December 6th, 2016, 09:05 AM
my name has no meaning....

Officer Wolf
December 6th, 2016, 09:09 AM
'Officer Wolf' Well, since Officer isn't a name, I went with Wolf. Which is actually a baby name for a boy.
"Wolf is a name with a split personality. It can be seen as one of the fierce animal names, like Fox and Bear and Puma, with a touch of the werewolf, or it can be viewed as a quieter, Wolf Blitzer kind of name, fairly common in German (where is pronounced Vulf) and Jewish families, sometimes as a short form of Wolfgang."
---

My real name, I won't share. But, I will share what ohbabynames says about it.
Characteristics of [NAME]
Mystical
Wise
Eccentric
Intuitive
Imaginative
Philosophical
Solitary
--
Simple meaning: Elf, supernatural power

Advanced meaning: The name [NAME] comes to England by way of the Norman French and is derived from the German name “Alberic.” The Germanic words “alb” means ‘elf, supernatural being’ and “ric” means ‘power.’ Alberic was the name of the fair-haired, king of the elves in Germanic mythology. After the Norman Conquest of England, the name [NAME] was common in the latter part of the Middle Ages but eventually diminished in usage. [NAME] was traditionally considered a boys’ name in the English-speaking world until the 1970’s when Americans started using it for girls.

Personality: The number Seven personality is deeply mystical and highly in tune with their spirituality. ((Okay, I freaked out when I read this...7...is my favorite number. I kid you not. That's freaky.)) They operate on a different wavelength than the average joe. Spending time alone comes easily to Sevens, as it gives them time to contemplate philosophical, religious and spiritual ideas in an effort to find "real truth". ((Exactly what my advanced personality test said.)) Sevens are wise, but often exude mystery as if they are tapped into something the rest of us don't understand. They love the outdoors and are fed by nature. ((I used to love the outdoors, until I met 'Internet', but I am extremely tied to nature. I wear camo not because I am a hunter, but a nature freak...heh.)) Sevens are constantly seeking to understand human nature, our place in the universe, and the mystery of life in general. ((This is starting to scare me.)) This makes them quite artistic and poetic, but they are also keen observers with high intellect - so they are equally scientific-minded. ((English...art...science...best subjects.)) Sevens are charitable and care deeply about the human condition. ((I am officially freaked out. My mom is psychic..))

kozui-chan
December 6th, 2016, 09:19 AM
it means dark in japanese,greek,irish,spanish,and english.

BluBunnie
December 6th, 2016, 09:31 AM
This is what I found about my name:

I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Southern Australia approximately on 600. Your profession was shepherd, horseman, and forester.

You were a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just a garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man. Your lesson - to learn humility and faith in spiritual principles. You should believe in High Reason.

R is for rapport, friends seek you.

A is for advantage, for you are blessed with many.

Y is for yearn, your innermost desires.

English origin, and it means "Counsel Protection".

Zan Partizanne
December 6th, 2016, 09:37 AM
my name has no meaning....

(this is what Integrity means)
Your tendency is to finish whatever you start. You like to use the pen or the needle (writing, fashion design etc). You are loving, compassionate, intuitive and humanitarian. Runs of luck, either good or bad, follow you. You are sympathetic, but at times might be touchy and oversensitive. You may have a gift for writing.You are intuitive and might be interested in the arts, drama or science.
You are always looking for a chance to do your own thing, to be your own person, and to have things done your own way.

and your name irl means this:

You have a fine mind, and you like to talk. A relationship with unknown forces gives you secret strength and an air of mystery. You are deep. You seems to know what people think. You are diplomatic and know how to keep secrets. You attract money. You can be very unusual in habits and interests.You are inventive, intuitive and extremely methodical. Since your will is so strong, you are hard to convince. You also dislike advice. You love beauty and philosophy, and you desire achievement. You have a strong need for freedom - physical, mental and spiritual.
Creative and outgoing, you are always looking for an opportunity to show your abilities, especially before audience. You are very flexible and likes to feel appreciated. You are looking for chances to mix with others socially and to communicate his ideas. You like to talk and can easily relate to different cultures and concepts. The biggest challenge for you is uncertainty. Easily getting bored, you can move from one job to another, switch projects and lovers. The high creative force can lead you either to happiness or unhappiness. If you understand your goals, if you can make major decisions in life and follow it directly and straight up without worry and uncertainty, you are able to achieve great heights

Zan Partizanne
December 6th, 2016, 09:37 AM
This is what I found about my name:

I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Southern Australia approximately on 600. Your profession was shepherd, horseman, and forester.

You were a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just a garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man. Your lesson - to learn humility and faith in spiritual principles. You should believe in High Reason.

R is for rapport, friends seek you.

A is for advantage, for you are blessed with many.

Y is for yearn, your innermost desires.

English origin, and it means "Counsel Protection".
Wow who knew you were a girl in your past life

BluBunnie
December 6th, 2016, 09:40 AM
Wow who knew you were a girl in your past life

Ikr? lol

CinnamonCookie
December 6th, 2016, 09:40 AM
This is what I found for what my name means but I'm not giving my real name:

The name {my name} is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name {my name} is: Lovable, worthy of love. Some scholars believe this name was invented by 17th century British dramatist Colley Cibber who gave it to a character in his play 'Love's Last Shift.'

CinnamonCookie
December 6th, 2016, 09:43 AM
And this is what I found out what Fallen means as a name 0_0:

Fallen [fall-en] as a girls' name. The name Fallen means "superiority; descended from a ruler". Fallen is a version of Fallon (Irish, Gaelic): from the Gaelic word follamhnus. Associated with: ruler (queen).

Teggy
December 6th, 2016, 10:01 AM
(this is what Integrity means)
Your tendency is to finish whatever you start. You like to use the pen or the needle (writing, fashion design etc). You are loving, compassionate, intuitive and humanitarian. Runs of luck, either good or bad, follow you. You are sympathetic, but at times might be touchy and oversensitive. You may have a gift for writing.You are intuitive and might be interested in the arts, drama or science.

and your name irl means this:

You have a fine mind, and you like to talk. A relationship with unknown forces gives you secret strength and an air of mystery. You are deep. You seems to know what people think. You are diplomatic and know how to keep secrets. You attract money. You can be very unusual in habits and interests.You are inventive, intuitive and extremely methodical. Since your will is so strong, you are hard to convince. You also dislike advice. You love beauty and philosophy, and you desire achievement. You have a strong need for freedom - physical, mental and spiritual.
Creative and outgoing, you are always looking for an opportunity to show your abilities, especially before audience. You are very flexible and likes to feel appreciated. You are looking for chances to mix with others socially and to communicate his ideas. You like to talk and can easily relate to different cultures and concepts. The biggest challenge for you is uncertainty. Easily getting bored, you can move from one job to another, switch projects and lovers. The high creative force can lead you either to happiness or unhappiness. If you understand your goals, if you can make major decisions in life and follow it directly and straight up without worry and uncertainty, you are able to achieve great heights thats me

Zan Partizanne
December 6th, 2016, 10:10 AM
You attract success and money. You are a lover of nature and do not need others for your happiness. You are self sufficient. You strive for material success and power and have business sense. You possess strong organizational abilities, can be a good manager, and executive by nature. You are capable of great achievement in business and finance.You are bold, independent, inquisitive and interested in research. You know what you want and why you want it.
You are very intuitive. You have a reservoir of inspired wisdom combined with inherited analytical ability, which could reward you through expressions of spiritual leadership, business analysis, marketing, artistic visions, and scientific research. Operating on spiritual side of your individuality can bring you to the great heights, and drop you off if you neglect your spiritual identity. You are always looking for an opportunity to investigate the unknown, to use and show your mental abilities, to find the purpose and meaning of life. You want to grow wise and to understand people and things. You need privacy to replenish your energy. You have a unique way of thinking, intuitive, reflective, absorbing.

(XD Thats what my OC Hailstorms name means)

Zan Partizanne
December 6th, 2016, 10:11 AM
thats me

"You have a strong need for freedom"
Yep defiantly you

CinnamonCookie
December 6th, 2016, 10:13 AM
I'm a queen. I'm not taking that role. Here! *throws role of queen, sceptar, plalace, servants, and everything at Integrity*

Teggy
December 6th, 2016, 10:30 AM
I'm a queen. I'm not taking that role. Here! *throws role of queen, sceptar, plalace, servants, and everything at Integrity*
-3-

Zan Partizanne
December 6th, 2016, 10:46 AM
You are cheerful and friendly, but are apt to have an emotional life. You like to have several lines of effort going at once. You are a good talker and promoter and seldom worry over anything. At times, you can be impatient, and impulsive. You have the ability to bring an idea to completion. You can express yourself joyously and constructively. You might be psychic, but not know it.You are bold, independent, inquisitive and interested in research. You know what you want and why you want it.
Dependable, very down-to-earth and well grounded, you are always looking for meaningful work, a career where you can take pride in your work and do the best job you are capable of. Your prime desire is to build protected and secure environment at home and at work. You can be very persuasive in achieving goals and gaining objectives. You can be very detailed and well-organized and possess great organizational skills. At times you may appear too stubborn and overly critical to others, but your practical approach to life and productivity makes you one of the most beneficent members of community.

this is what Chara means

aleka!
December 6th, 2016, 11:07 AM
No idea what my username means OwO

Brooklyn Trees
December 6th, 2016, 11:12 AM
I am a hurricane!

Also, my name on here was simply because of the book A tree Grows in Brooklyn which I loved so I named myself after it. XD

aleka!
December 6th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Holy crap-

The name Aleka is a Hawaiian baby name. In Hawaiian the meaning of the name Aleka is: Protector.

Didn't know this XD

Zan Partizanne
December 6th, 2016, 11:53 AM
(XD this is what Chica means)

You are cheerful and friendly, but are apt to have an emotional life. You like to have several lines of effort going at once. You are a good talker and promoter and seldom worry over anything. At times, you can be impatient, and impulsive. You have the ability to bring an idea to completion. You can express yourself joyously and constructively. You might be psychic, but not know it.You are intuitive and might be interested in the arts, drama or science.
You find the best contentment in life when you own your own home and provide well for your family and loved ones. You have a great sense of responsibility and duty. You are comforting, appreciative and affectionate. Your obligation in life is to hold justice and truth, and if you follow the Law, you can find the great happiness and satisfaction.

aleka!
December 6th, 2016, 01:32 PM
Tempted to search what the name Ballora means. I'm doing it and see what happens XD

Welp nothing came up that was useful o3o

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
December 6th, 2016, 02:55 PM
My Irl life name meaning (Without the actual name of course)
The baby boy name (WORD) is sometimes used as a girl name. (WORD) is used predominantly in the English and Irish languages, and it is derived from Celtic origins. The name is of the meaning poet; fawn; little dark one. It is derived from the elements '(WORD)' meaning poet ; 'dubh' dark, black. The first name is of obscure origin; it could be from the Celtic element '(WORD)'. It could also be from the Anglicized Irish surname, itself either from the Gaelic surname Ó Damháin or Ó Dubháin; Damhán is a first name that means 'fawn', while Dubhán means 'little dark one' and can be Anglicized as Duane.
Sheldon gets... Drumroll please
The baby boy name Sheldon is also used as a girl name, but it is much more common for boys. Its pronunciation is -SHEHLDahN †. Sheldon is largely used in the English language and it is derived from Old English origins. The name's meaning is plateau, steep valley. The first name is derived from the surname, itself from a byname for someone living in various places so named, with the element 'dun' (meaning hill, mound, dune); the place name can be found in several parts of England, including Devon, Derbyshire, and the West Midlands. The first name was adopted from the beginning of the 20th century, starting from the USA.

Brooklyn Trees
December 6th, 2016, 07:52 PM
Okay then, I actually looked up the meaning of my name and the first thing that comes up says it is exclusively a boys name... I now a lot of female people by the same name as me so I am confused, I've never met a male person with my name... Yeah, so this site just said it means 'pure'...
Another site said this
EXTREMES in fortune, health and spirituality. You are very versatile, idealistic and intuitive. You either enjoy great success or suffer abject misery. The solution is service to others. Use your leadership abilities for humanity and not for self-glorification.You are bold, independent, inquisitive and interested in research. You know what you want and why you want it.
You are always looking for an opportunity to achieve financial and emotional security. You are basically peacemaker. You understand the law of harmony and desire to balance your life with those around you. You may feel incomplete without someone to share your love, ideals, wealth or work. You can be very sensitive and could appear a bit shy and perceptive. You have developed intuition, patience and the ability to nurture others. You can achieve the state of happiness if you is willing to accept your needs in a complimentary relationship and go to create them.
But overall it's apparently an English/Greek/German name meaning 'Pure' and can somehow be shortened to Nina... Don't ask how because I'm not telling you my name and I have no idea how my name could possibly be shortened to Nina...

Poppyfrost
December 6th, 2016, 08:01 PM
I have a two part name x3)

Your name of Anna has given you a quick-minded, sensitive nature. It gives you a creative ability in art, music, singing, or fancywork and an appreciation for refined surroundings.Your sociable nature expresses affection, kindness, and thoughtfulness to the extent that it is difficult for you not to be affected by others and governed by your emotions, rather than by logic and reason. As you respond to love and encouragement from others, your romantic and dreamy nature can easily lead you into love affairs. Your desire for peace at any price can result in going out of your way to avoid arguments and confrontation or hurting the feelings of others.

Your name of Cate means that you have the gift of tact and diplomacy, and possess a charming, easy-going nature which endears you to others.You have a serious desire to understand the heart and mind of everyone, and could be very effective in a career or in volunteer work where you are handling people and serving in a humanitarian way. This name also gives you a love of home and family, and as a parent you would likely be fair and understanding.You remember the thoughtful little expressions of affection and appreciation that mean so much to others, and you have the ability to create a warm and loving environment. However, you tend to put things off and avoid facing issues because of a lack of confidence and uncertainty. You often need encouragement from someone before you can come to a decision.

MY WCO NAME MEANING:

As Skye you seek change, travel, new opportunities, and new challenges. Your active, restless nature demands action and you dislike system and monotony. As you are versatile and capable, you could do any job well, although you would not like to do menial tasks. Having considerable vision, you could be adept at formulating new, more effective ways of doing things. You could organize the work of others, though in your impatience to see the job done efficiently, you would likely step right in and do it yourself.You could work well in sales and promotion, and would not be afraid to risk a gamble as the name gives you much self-confidence.You do not find contentment in the routine tasks and responsibilities that are associated with home and family or with administrative detail in the business world, so you have to guard against frustration and even moods of depression over your personal responsibilities.

Poppyfrost
December 6th, 2016, 08:03 PM
What does your name irl mean? this is what mine means

You are honest, benevolent, brilliant and often inventive, full of high inspirations. You are courageous, honest, determined, original and creative. You are a leader, especially for a cause. Sometimes you do not care to finish what you start, and may leave details to others. You can do well in position of authority, and prospers in intellectual and professional fields.You have an eventful, exciting life. You are versatile and have the ability to learn easily.

You desire to inspire and lead, to control other's affairs. You are giving, courageous and bold, action oriented,energetic and strong willed. You want to make a difference in the world, and this attitude often attracts you to cultural interests, politics, social issues, and the cultivation of your creative talents.
(some of it is defiantly not me)

this is what my WCO name means:

Powerful and complete. You are good intellectually and require several outlets for your energies. You are not a builder but a planner, and you want others to carry out your plans.You are bold, independent, inquisitive and interested in research. You know what you want and why you want it.

The name of Frisk makes you very idealistic, sensitive, and inspirational.

If these qualities are not understood and properly directed through music, art, or other creative expression, you could become jealous and possessive of those close to you.

Your feelings are so strong that you are inclined to build your life around certain individuals and become wrapped up in personal love rather than seeking into the deeper truths of life; thus you could suffer losses in your affections and shattered ideals.

You are generous and people are drawn to you because of your friendly and sympathetic nature.

You lack system and order in your life and will often leave your own duties if someone calls upon you for assistance.

When you are inspired and feel happy, life seems so wonderful; but you can be just as depressed and unhappy as well, feeling as if everyone is against you.

The weakness of this name could create nervous breakdowns, or disorders related to the nervous system.

Starfall
December 6th, 2016, 08:25 PM
Kokoro translates to heart in japanese, and heart is a symbol for love. For me i use the word kokoro to say "i love you all." And it's true, i love every on eof you :heartbounce:

Haha cheezy

Frostfall
December 6th, 2016, 08:30 PM
My name is Kaiya but idk what it means XD

Foreversoul
December 6th, 2016, 08:41 PM
my actual name is Ruth... no clue what that means

lyra
December 6th, 2016, 08:45 PM
My irl name meaning:
The name Kathryn is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Kathryn is: Pure, clear. Form of the Latin 'Katharina', from the Greek 'Aikaterina'. It was borne by a number of saints, including St Catherine of Alexandria, a 4th century martyr who suffered torture on a spiked wheel.

My WCO name meaning:
Lyra meaning. Lyra is cool and attractive name this name directly impact on your personality. The name Pronounce is Easy and can speak easily. The meaning of Lyra is 'Lyre (medeival instrument). Lyrical.' Lyra Origin / Usage is 'Greek'

My definitions are short ;-;

aleka!
December 6th, 2016, 09:01 PM
My irl name meaning:
The name Kathryn is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Kathryn is: Pure, clear. Form of the Latin 'Katharina', from the Greek 'Aikaterina'. It was borne by a number of saints, including St Catherine of Alexandria, a 4th century martyr who suffered torture on a spiked wheel.

My WCO name meaning:
Lyra meaning. Lyra is cool and attractive name this name directly impact on your personality. The name Pronounce is Easy and can speak easily. The meaning of Lyra is 'Lyre (medeival instrument). Lyrical.' Lyra Origin / Usage is 'Greek'

Don't worry my username means protector in Hawaiian XD

And this what my irl name means-

You are cheerful and friendly, but are apt to have an emotional life. You like to have several lines of effort going at once. You are a good talker and promoter and seldom worry over anything. At times, you can be impatient, and impulsive. You have the ability to bring an idea to completion. You can express yourself joyously and constructively. You might be psychic, but not know it.You are intuitive and might be interested in the arts, drama or science.You are always looking for a chance to do your own thing, to be your own person, and to have things done your own way.

Poppyfrost
December 6th, 2016, 09:04 PM
my actual name is Ruth... no clue what that means

Your name of Ruth has given you a desire for self-expression and for positions that allow contact with people, free from the restrictions and monotony into which you are often drawn.

Although you desire to be spontaneous and natural, you are often drawn into technical and methodical lines of endeavour and the incidentals of life.

You are friendly by nature, but you cannot enjoy complete ease in association because of a difficulty in expressing yourself.

While you can be exacting and thorough in whatever you decide to undertake, and desire to keep a well-ordered life with everything in its place, it is not easy for you to maintain the system and order you would like.

Poppyfrost
December 6th, 2016, 09:05 PM
My name is Kaiya but idk what it means XD

Your name of Kaiya makes you easy-going and refined, but detracts from your physical vitality.

You desire all the finer things in life--lovely clothes, home, furniture, and environment.

However, procrastination is your worst enemy, and you find yourself lacking the ambition to make your dreams a reality.

People are inclined to take advantage of your sympathetic, tractable nature.

You naturally attract people with problems who seek your understanding and advice.

You can give good advice although it is unlikely that you would follow it yourself.

You would be most successful in situations where you can use your skills in diplomacy in handling people, but where you are not under pressure or required to carry responsibility and make decisions.

savage scar
December 7th, 2016, 12:38 AM
according to the urban dictionary my name means:

an extremely hot, sexy, amazingly beautiful looking girl who would probably want everyone to see this.

and my WCO name is just what i am and my nickname

Jingle
December 7th, 2016, 12:50 AM
dear little one

LuciPie
December 7th, 2016, 01:45 AM
Caitlin: "Pure"

Luci: "Light"

Just fyi, I will be changing my real life name to Luci, and I find both meanings kinda ironic

Foreversoul
December 7th, 2016, 02:16 AM
Your name of Ruth has given you a desire for self-expression and for positions that allow contact with people, free from the restrictions and monotony into which you are often drawn.

Although you desire to be spontaneous and natural, you are often drawn into technical and methodical lines of endeavour and the incidentals of life.

You are friendly by nature, but you cannot enjoy complete ease in association because of a difficulty in expressing yourself.

While you can be exacting and thorough in whatever you decide to undertake, and desire to keep a well-ordered life with everything in its place, it is not easy for you to maintain the system and order you would like.

i actually screenshotted this. thanks for explaining my name

Poppyfrost
December 7th, 2016, 07:15 AM
i actually screenshotted this. thanks for explaining my name

No problem!

Silentlily
December 7th, 2016, 07:37 AM
My name irl is actually a word so XD But it means complete trusting in something, or in the way I like to see it, strong belief in and a devotion to God.
My WCO name is actually pretty stupid, I have to admit, but it was the name of a character from a Warriors fanfic I tried to write once... Yeah it was pretty dumb, but I stuck with it for whatever reason haha. I've been meaning to change it but I don't have any ideas as to what I'd change it to.

Maplefur
December 7th, 2016, 06:55 PM
My name is Lexi... well technically Alexis but I prefer Lexi xD I have no clue what it means.

As for my WCO name, even before I got into roleplay I thought up my own character Maplefur, and I've always just loved the name and personality I came up with for her so I decided to use it haha.

XxEclipseMoonxX
December 7th, 2016, 06:59 PM
My friends call me Skylar but my realnames Samantha

My WCO name came from the OC my friend and I made

lyra
December 7th, 2016, 08:55 PM
My friends call me Skylar but my realnames Samantha

My WCO name came from the OC my friend and I made

Your irl name meaning:
People with this name are excited by change, adventure, and excitement. They are dynamic, visionary and versatile, able to make constructive use of freedom. They fight being restricted by rules and conventions. They tend to be optomistic, energetic, intelligent, and to make friends easily. They may be changeable, restless, untidy, and rebellious

lyra
December 7th, 2016, 08:59 PM
My name is Lexi... well technically Alexis but I prefer Lexi xD I have no clue what it means.

As for my WCO name, even before I got into roleplay I thought up my own character Maplefur, and I've always just loved the name and personality I came up with for her so I decided to use it haha.

People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.

Brooklyn Trees
December 7th, 2016, 10:27 PM
My irl name meaning:

My WCO name meaning:

Your name is one of the names on a list of possible nicknames/similar names to mine... Along with Nina, which I'm still confused about, and a few other random things that could not possibly even be tied back to my actual name I mean XP Seriously it's weird.

Maplefur
December 8th, 2016, 06:11 AM
People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.

Hahah thanks, most of this is me!