PDA

View Full Version : Market Square [Open]

Midgefur
February 9th, 2018, 04:46 PM
[ooc: The general idea is a wide area full of stalls, like a fresh produce market that also has small fast-food trucks and stuff. Some cats do like human food after all. :)]

Being careful not to be knocked over by shuffling twoleg feet, Asphalt ambled carefully into the crowded area, led by his growling stomach and the heavenly scent that hung in the air around the market. His ratty stumps of ears twitched constantly at the hustle and bustle, and his dark whiskers flared out in all directions as he slunk around. Twolegs were something he had become wary of, especially the young ones; even the thought of them made his hackles rise, but he would try to remain collected if it meant his belly would be full of something delicious.

The huge grey tom slunk under a plastic table to gain his bearings, most of the stands looked like fruits and vegetables, but the smell had to be coming from somewhere. It was familiar, something the twolegs back home would cook outside and he could smell all the way into the field. Something in a twoleg's hand caught his eye, and Asphalt followed it with his whole head cranking right around- a chicken leg, that was it. He ran his tongue over his muzzle and scrambled to get back on his search, a juicy piece of chicken would be a great prize.

|+sari+|
February 9th, 2018, 05:00 PM
[ooc: The general idea is a wide area full of stalls, like a fresh produce market that also has small fast-food trucks and stuff. Some cats do like human food after all. :)]

Being careful not to be knocked over by shuffling twoleg feet, Asphalt ambled carefully into the crowded area, led by his growling stomach and the heavenly scent that hung in the air around the market. His ratty stumps of ears twitched constantly at the hustle and bustle, and his dark whiskers flared out in all directions as he slunk around. Twolegs were something he had become wary of, especially the young ones; even the thought of them made his hackles rise, but he would try to remain collected if it meant his belly would be full of something delicious.

The huge grey tom slunk under a plastic table to gain his bearings, most of the stands looked like fruits and vegetables, but the smell had to be coming from somewhere. It was familiar, something the twolegs back home would cook outside and he could smell all the way into the field. Something in a twoleg's hand caught his eye, and Asphalt followed it with his whole head cranking right around- a chicken leg, that was it. He ran his tongue over his muzzle and scrambled to get back on his search, a juicy piece of chicken would be a great prize.

A young she cat slinked through the crowded market, her ears perked and tail raised. She could smell all the different foods and looked at the twolegs eating, her expression forlorn. She swiped her tongue over her maw, her gaze zeroing in on a piece of ham that was left in the corner of the road. She dashed towards it, only to ram into the gray Tom. "Oomph!" She cried out.

Midgefur
February 9th, 2018, 05:41 PM
A young she cat slinked through the crowded market, her ears perked and tail raised. She could smell all the different foods and looked at the twolegs eating, her expression forlorn. She swiped her tongue over her maw, her gaze zeroing in on a piece of ham that was left in the corner of the road. She dashed towards it, only to ram into the gray Tom. "Oomph!" She cried out.

With his focus occupied by the twolegs moving to and fro, some walking, some sprinting and trying to avoid them, Asphalt didn't even notice when another cat appeared nearby. He raised his head when an older woman walked by carrying a white paper box with a tantalizing scent, and when he turned to figure out where she'd come from, something- someone, collided with his side. The big lug lost his footing for a moment but easily righted himself and looked down to see what had knocked into him.

"Oh! Uh, hello," Asphalt greeted, a tad surprised but ready to help the young cat up, "better watch out, it's a little risky if you don't look where you're going." Head crooked, he looked over the molly. He didn't recognize her at all.

|+sari+|
February 9th, 2018, 06:12 PM
With his focus occupied by the twolegs moving to and fro, some walking, some sprinting and trying to avoid them, Asphalt didn't even notice when another cat appeared nearby. He raised his head when an older woman walked by carrying a white paper box with a tantalizing scent, and when he turned to figure out where she'd come from, something- someone, collided with his side. The big lug lost his footing for a moment but easily righted himself and looked down to see what had knocked into him.

"Oh! Uh, hello," Asphalt greeted, a tad surprised but ready to help the young cat up, "better watch out, it's a little risky if you don't look where you're going." Head crooked, he looked over the molly. He didn't recognize her at all.

The she cat got to her paws, shaking out her pelt. She blinked her green eyes up at the grey tom, and she snorted.
"I can take care of myself, then you very much. Do I look like I'm helpless?" She sighed. "Sorry if I sound rude. I just haven't eaten today..." She sat back on her haunches, wrapping her tail neatly around her paws. Her whiskers quivered curiously as she tilted her head to one side. "May I ask your name?"

Midgefur
February 10th, 2018, 12:39 PM
The she cat got to her paws, shaking out her pelt. She blinked her green eyes up at the grey tom, and she snorted.
"I can take care of myself, then you very much. Do I look like I'm helpless?" She sighed. "Sorry if I sound rude. I just haven't eaten today..." She sat back on her haunches, wrapping her tail neatly around her paws. Her whiskers quivered curiously as she tilted her head to one side. "May I ask your name?"

At the molly's sneer, Asphalt stood a little straighter, his rough nubs of ears perked as he looked down at her. When she explained herself however, he let himself relax and sit casually, though he let his tail slowly sway behind him. It wasn't uncommon for cats to be testy, especially when food was involved, he could understand that.
"It's alright, my name's Asphalt." The older tom's scarred muzzle wrinkled in a smile, "What about yourself?" He briefly wondered where the cat had come from, if she hadn't eaten at all, did she have a place she was staying at?

Dark Queen
February 10th, 2018, 03:46 PM
At the molly's sneer, Asphalt stood a little straighter, his rough nubs of ears perked as he looked down at her. When she explained herself however, he let himself relax and sit casually, though he let his tail slowly sway behind him. It wasn't uncommon for cats to be testy, especially when food was involved, he could understand that.
"It's alright, my name's Asphalt." The older tom's scarred muzzle wrinkled in a smile, "What about yourself?" He briefly wondered where the cat had come from, if she hadn't eaten at all, did she have a place she was staying at?
[Mind if I join?]
DarkLeaf walked around the market trying not to get kicked all over the place she finally saw a nice safe place and trotted over "Finally a nice little place." The tabby looked around making sure she was alone " good" she meowed DarkLeaf lied down behind a shelf so nobody could see her.

Casual Scribbles
February 10th, 2018, 05:57 PM
Cannoli jumped down from a human fence, landing lightly on her paws on the rough pavement. The fluffy siamese molly padded briskly through the stalls, weaving between passing humans' legs. She wasn't afraid of them; the blue bandanna tied around her neck marked her as a kittypet, and the collar beneath her bandana led any human who picked her up back to her housefolk. She hadn't been hungry when she'd set off to explore, but the tantalizing scents that wreathed around her made her mouth water and her stomach growl. She set off to find something left out that she could maybe take a bite from. She spotted a large gray tom and a smaller she-cat and trotted over to them, waving her fluffy tail in greeting. As she drew nearer, she started to realize her mistake. The tom was much larger than her and he was scarred, both factors causing him to be slightly intimidating to Cannoli. She nodded politely to the she-cat and tilted her head up to examine the tom. Her forehead only barely reached his chin. She let the fur on her neck lie flat when she saw that his expression seemed kind enough that he probably wouldn't fight her for walking up to him. "Excuse me," Cannoli mewed politely, "would either of you know where I might be able to find some food?"

Midgefur
RosePelt145

Dark Queen
February 10th, 2018, 07:10 PM
Cannoli jumped down from a human fence, landing lightly on her paws on the rough pavement. The fluffy siamese molly padded briskly through the stalls, weaving between passing humans' legs. She wasn't afraid of them; the blue bandanna tied around her neck marked her as a kittypet, and the collar beneath her bandana led any human who picked her up back to her housefolk. She hadn't been hungry when she'd set off to explore, but the tantalizing scents that wreathed around her made her mouth water and her stomach growl. She set off to find something left out that she could maybe take a bite from. She spotted a large gray tom and a smaller she-cat and trotted over to them, waving her fluffy tail in greeting. As she drew nearer, she started to realize her mistake. The tom was much larger than her and he was scarred, both factors causing him to be slightly intimidating to Cannoli. She nodded politely to the she-cat and tilted her head up to examine the tom. Her forehead only barely reached his chin. She let the fur on her neck lie flat when she saw that his expression seemed kind enough that he probably wouldn't fight her for walking up to him. "Excuse me," Cannoli mewed politely, "would either of you know where I might be able to find some food?"

Midgefur
RosePelt145
DarkLeaf sighed and eventually got up getting bored of the spot she chose the tabby wandered around and saw three cats two Molly's and a tom " they don't look aggressive but I'm not taking risks" she jumped up on a small platform DarkLeaf looked around scouting to find anything interesting "anything interesting? Nope nothing but those two cats and a kittypet" she thought for a moment then decided to go over to the three cats DarkLeaf trotted over there and looked at the Siamese Molly "Hi I'm DarkLeaf what's your name?" She meowed
Casual Scribbles

Casual Scribbles
February 10th, 2018, 07:54 PM
DarkLeaf sighed and eventually got up getting bored of the spot she chose the tabby wandered around and saw three cats two Molly's and a tom " they don't look aggressive but I'm not taking risks" she jumped up on a small platform DarkLeaf looked around scouting to find anything interesting "anything interesting? Nope nothing but those two cats and a kittypet" she thought for a moment then decided to go over to the three cats DarkLeaf trotted over there and looked at the Siamese Molly "Hi I'm DarkLeaf what's your name?" She meowed
Casual Scribbles

Cannoli yelped and jumped, fur puffed up. Her tail stuck straight out behind her and her green eyes were wide. She spun, glancing at the she-cat behind her. After a moment, her fur smoothed and her breathing returned to normal. The other molly's words reginstered and Cannoli dipped her head in greeting. "It's nice to meet you, Darkleaf. My name is Cannoli." The she-cat lapped at the fur behind her bandana to smooth it again. "I apologize for my reaction. With all of the human actions around here, it's hard to hear or smell anything that isn't human-made."

Dark Queen
February 10th, 2018, 08:43 PM
Cannoli yelped and jumped, fur puffed up. Her tail stuck straight out behind her and her green eyes were wide. She spun, glancing at the she-cat behind her. After a moment, her fur smoothed and her breathing returned to normal. The other molly's words reginstered and Cannoli dipped her head in greeting. "It's nice to meet you, Darkleaf. My name is Cannoli." The she-cat lapped at the fur behind her bandana to smooth it again. "I apologize for my reaction. With all of the human actions around here, it's hard to hear or smell anything that isn't human-made."
"Well nice to meet you Cannoli! Are you a loner, kittypet?" She questioned the Siamese with curiosity with her tail swishing while all the humans walk around Darkleafs ears twitched a bit

Casual Scribbles
February 10th, 2018, 08:51 PM
"Well nice to meet you Cannoli! Are you a loner, kittypet?" She questioned the Siamese with curiosity with her tail swishing while all the humans walk around Darkleafs ears twitched a bit

"Er... kittypet," Cannoli answered nervously. The way Darkleaf's tail swished looked a bit menacing to her and she wondered what she had dome to annoy the cat she was talking to. "And.. uh.. what are you?"

Dark Queen
February 10th, 2018, 08:57 PM
"Er... kittypet," Cannoli answered nervously. The way Darkleaf's tail swished looked a bit menacing to her and she wondered what she had dome to annoy the cat she was talking to. "And.. uh.. what are you?"
"Oh I'm a loner!" She meowed happily as if being a loner was great DarkLeaf's tail stopped swishing her golden eyes seemed to almost stare right through cats "Why so nervous? Is it because of my tail swishing if it is it's just because it's a habit" She said
Casual Scribbles

Casual Scribbles
February 11th, 2018, 06:53 AM
"Oh I'm a loner!" She meowed happily as if being a loner was great DarkLeaf's tail stopped swishing her golden eyes seemed to almost stare right through cats "Why so nervous? Is it because of my tail swishing if it is it's just because it's a habit" She said
Casual Scribbles

Cannoli laughed a little. "Oh, well that's good to hear!" The siamese sat and licked a paw, drawing it over her ears so asked the loner, "Would you happen to know where I might find some food? Kittypet food is so bland."

Dark Queen
February 11th, 2018, 09:27 AM
Cannoli laughed a little. "Oh, well that's good to hear!" The siamese sat and licked a paw, drawing it over her ears so asked the loner, "Would you happen to know where I might find some food? Kittypet food is so bland."
"Oh yeah of course I do! Stay right here and I'll go get some stuff." She said wandering off a couple of minutes later she came back fish, and a small bird. "You can also just walk around there's food pretty much anywhere" DarkLeaf told her.

Casual Scribbles
February 11th, 2018, 10:43 AM
"Oh yeah of course I do! Stay right here and I'll go get some stuff." She said wandering off a couple of minutes later she came back fish, and a small bird. "You can also just walk around there's food pretty much anywhere" DarkLeaf told her.

Cannoli smiled happily. At least someone knew where she could eat something. Cannoli glanced nervously at the tom and the she-cat who still hadn't responded to her approach. When Darkleaf returned, she kept her smile, but her satisfaction faltered. She had been hoping for twoleg food rather than fresh-kill. However the only sign of her discontent was a miniscule flick of her tail. Darkleaf had been very generous to bring her food and it would be rude to be ungrateful. "Thank you very much, Darkleaf." She leaned down and took a small bite of the bird, scrunching her nose up at the feathers that filled her mouth. She used her paw to pull the fluffy strands out of her mouth and was shocked to actually taste the prey. It was so much more flavorful than her kittypet food! "Oh wow!" She breathed. "This tastes so mich better than what I usually eat! My kittypet food is so bland compared to this!"

Dark Queen
February 11th, 2018, 07:23 PM
Cannoli smiled happily. At least someone knew where she could eat something. Cannoli glanced nervously at the tom and the she-cat who still hadn't responded to her approach. When Darkleaf returned, she kept her smile, but her satisfaction faltered. She had been hoping for twoleg food rather than fresh-kill. However the only sign of her discontent was a miniscule flick of her tail. Darkleaf had been very generous to bring her food and it would be rude to be ungrateful. "Thank you very much, Darkleaf." She leaned down and took a small bite of the bird, scrunching her nose up at the feathers that filled her mouth. She used her paw to pull the fluffy strands out of her mouth and was shocked to actually taste the prey. It was so much more flavorful than her kittypet food! "Oh wow!" She breathed. "This tastes so mich better than what I usually eat! My kittypet food is so bland compared to this!"
"Well that's great!" She said happy that Cannoli liked the fresh kill DarkLeaf sat down distracted for a moment "So what's it like being a kittypet?" She questioned "I always heard that kittypet get pampered a lot by their owners."

Casual Scribbles
February 11th, 2018, 07:29 PM
"Well that's great!" She said happy that Cannoli liked the fresh kill DarkLeaf sat down distracted for a moment "So what's it like being a kittypet?" She questioned "I always heard that kittypet get pampered a lot by their owners."

"Er, well, I know some kittypets that are pampered by their owners, but I'm not one of them." Cannoli meowed, thinking of the cats who had cat-condos that took up an entire room. It was a dumb waste of space, in her opinion. "My housefolk love me a lot, though. The older ones let the human kits tie a bandana around my neck. They were careful not to make it too tight though, don't worry. It's really nice," she purred, bringing a paw up to touch the blue bandana around her neck. "I don't have to hunt to get food, although now that I taste this I wish I knew how, and my housefolk gave me a collar so that I can explore outside."

Dark Queen
February 11th, 2018, 07:35 PM
"Er, well, I know some kittypets that are pampered by their owners, but I'm not one of them." Cannoli meowed, thinking of the cats who had cat-condos that took up an entire room. It was a dumb waste of space, in her opinion. "My housefolk love me a lot, though. The older ones let the human kits tie a bandana around my neck. They were careful not to make it too tight though, don't worry. It's really nice," she purred, bringing a paw up to touch the blue bandana around her neck. "I don't have to hunt to get food, although now that I taste this I wish I knew how, and my housefolk gave me a collar so that I can explore outside."
"Oh I can teach you to hunt, it's pretty easy small animals like birds, mice, and squirrels. Although I don't know if it's easy to hunt rabbits I've never hunted one" she meowed "follow me and I'll take you to a small Forest where lots of animals are and I'll teach you" DarkLeaf wandered off waiting for the Siamese to follow her.
Casual Scribbles

Casual Scribbles
February 11th, 2018, 07:57 PM
"Oh I can teach you to hunt, it's pretty easy small animals like birds, mice, and squirrels. Although I don't know if it's easy to hunt rabbits I've never hunted one" she meowed "follow me and I'll take you to a small Forest where lots of animals are and I'll teach you" DarkLeaf wandered off waiting for the Siamese to follow her.
Casual Scribbles

Cannoli glanced nervously over at the other tom and she-cat who hadn't responded to either herself nor Darkleaf. They wouldn't miss her. She glanced at the human fence she had jumped off of. Her housefolk would miss her. She dicided to make sure to be home by sun-down. "Okay," she mewed tentatively. "But I have to be home by dark or my housefolk will get worried."

Dark Queen
February 11th, 2018, 08:03 PM
Cannoli glanced nervously over at the other tom and she-cat who hadn't responded to either herself nor Darkleaf. They wouldn't miss her. She glanced at the human fence she had jumped off of. Her housefolk would miss her. She dicided to make sure to be home by sun-down. "Okay," she mewed tentatively. "But I have to be home by dark or my housefolk will get worried."
"Ok!" DarkLeaf meowed "now come on!" She lead the cat out of civilization and into a Forest "see that squirrel on that branch? I'm gonna tell you what to do and see if you can do it. First quietly climb the tree and slowly get closer to the squirrel, when you get close enough you can pounce on it and bite into it" explaining to Cannoli and sat down planning to watch.

Casual Scribbles
February 11th, 2018, 08:05 PM
"Ok!" DarkLeaf meowed "now come on!" She lead the cat out of civilization and into a Forest "see that squirrel on that branch? I'm gonna tell you what to do and see if you can do it. First quietly climb the tree and slowly get closer to the squirrel, when you get close enough you can pounce on it and bite into it" explaining to Cannoli and sat down planning to watch.
[Should we take this to the rouge/loner territories now that they're out of twoleg place?]

Dark Queen
February 11th, 2018, 08:08 PM
[Should we take this to the rouge/loner territories now that they're out of twoleg place?]
[Sure]

Dark Queen
February 11th, 2018, 08:22 PM
[Should one of us make a thread or should we just join one?] Casual Scribbles

Casual Scribbles
February 11th, 2018, 08:26 PM
[Should one of us make a thread or should we just join one?] Casual Scribbles
[I'll make a thread in the morning]

Dark Queen
February 11th, 2018, 08:28 PM
[I'll make a thread in the morning]
[Ok I have to leave anyways bye]

Dark Queen
February 11th, 2018, 08:35 PM
[Ok I have to leave anyways bye]
[Btw I have school I'll be back around at 3 in the afternoon]

Dark Queen
February 13th, 2018, 04:02 PM
[Sorry I wasn't on yesterday I was busy. Casual Scribbles

Pluto
March 30th, 2018, 11:37 PM
Quid made his way along the edges of the busy Twoleg place. Twoleg food made his jaws water as wariness and hunger weighed down his paws. He was a rouge. A loner. A cat who had no needs for others, only his own. I must find food before I lose all my strength, he thought to himself, quietly pausing underneath a twoleg overhang.
(Food truck bottom :P)
Quid hopped he would not have to see much more of this filthy place, but he knew it was the only way he was surviving. His mate, Charolette Wattson, had turned away from him about three moons ago, taking their litter of six year old kits with her to her new Twoleg home. Now, he traveled alone, wishing he had a place to call his own.

Creekshade
May 24th, 2018, 07:19 PM
Wavey had wandered aimlessly for days throughout the city after he had escaped from the Twolegs nest that he was stuck in. Eventually, he came upon a dusty square, crowded with Twolegs, none seeming to notice him. The enticing smell of Twoleg food was in the air; he wondered if he could find a way to sneak some without any Twolegs noticing. He was certainly desperate enough; the only thing he had eaten for the last few days was a half-eaten tube of Twoleg meat he had found on the ground in a park. As he was debating with himself how best to go about procuring some dry, meaty-smelling thing from a Twoleg stand, a young she-Twoleg noticed him and reached down to touch his head. He backed away, hissing; he had felt the touch of a Twoleg before, and indeed he knew it could be kind and gentle, but he had wanted to go unnoticed, at least until he had settled down and eaten. The young Twoleg, undeterred, reached for him, but a larger Twoleg stopped her. Thankful for this, Wavey maneuvered his way back into the crowd, heading towards the stand with the dried meat. He jumped up, snatching a piece in his jaws, but the Twoleg behind the stand waved his forelegs menacingly and grabbed for the piece of dried meat, yelling something. Wavey managed to jump down, but the dried meat Twoleg was causing such a commotion that Wavey feared every Twoleg in the square would notice him. He ran down the street, slowed by the meat still in his mouth...