PDA

View Full Version : !!Spoilers!! Finished some special-editions!

Dust
February 3rd, 2018, 05:57 PM
So I just recently finished Moth Flight's Vision and Tallstar's revenge. I just wanted to talk about and throw around some ideas!

There are spoilers! Be warned if you haven't read them!

In Moth Flight's Vision I really thought Moth and Micah meeting and their relationship was cliche as anything. Poorly written out and maybe I missed something there but idk - beyond that though right after Micah dies and Moth stays with Shadowclan, it gave me a TOTALLY different perspective on them.

1. Tall Shadow was cool as hell!! Very kind and nice!

2. Sun Shadow was also a super cool character as was Pebbleheart - I just really loved all of them!!

3. Literally all the medicine cats were awesome and I loved them and PHEW River Ripple was a cool dude too

Also on a side note; besides Moth Flight (and Leafpool) were there ever any other medicine cats who had kits?? I haven't done any extensive research into this so I really have no idea. This book to me was a perfect example of why medicine cats shouldn't have kits/mate and honestly I'd go as far to say it's strange for Leaders to have kits during their term. Maybe that's just me but *shrug* idk. Either way, good book - cliche romance, but overall very emotional and intriguing read!

NOW! Onto Tallstar's Revenge!!

I'll preface and say that I already loved Tallstar in the first/second arc and gosh I just really liked his character. His book was extremely interesting to read - especially since the main story line doesn't give us insight into how the other clans function. I had NO clue that Windclan had been separated into duties (Moor-runners & tunnelers). Overall a very interesting read!!

1. Tall's parents were very.... strange - the entire book Palebird spent grieving and I can't help but wonder if she suffered from mental illness or if the loss of Finchkit and Sandgorse just destroyed her.

2. Tall seriously had some anger issues, but I thought it was good representation of how to move on and heal from your grief etc. I'm glad he ended up not killing sparrow tbh

3. I know Tallstar & Jake are a really popular pairing - I went into this book knowing nothing about their encounter or the nature of their relationship (I thought it was a crack-ship) but honestly, through out the entire series he never seemed interested in anyone leading me to believe that he could possible be a gay character - or asexual! I'm only guessing this with what I've learned from the book and the short manga at the end where he refers to Firestar (Jake's son) as being like a son to him.

4. Jake and his owner's interactions were adorable as anything - it was very interesting to see how the kitty-pets view their owners :')

That's all I can think about rn, but I'd love to discuss thoughts about the two books w/ anyone !!

BEAR.
February 3rd, 2018, 10:15 PM
here's a thing i wrote a while back on the leader / med cat kit thing (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=390166&postcount=7)

as for medicine cats who had kits in the books, yellowfang was one

Dust
February 3rd, 2018, 11:05 PM
here's a thing i wrote a while back on the leader / med cat kit thing (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=390166&postcount=7)

as for medicine cats who had kits in the books, yellowfang was one

That's a fair point regarding leaders vs med cats - in hindsight there is a lot more expected of a med cat although both tanks have very important roles.

I totally forgot about yellowfang ;-; I'm pretty sure she had her kits before she was a med cat though right?

BEAR.
February 3rd, 2018, 11:06 PM
That's a fair point regarding leaders vs med cats - in hindsight there is a lot more expected of a med cat although both tanks have very important roles.

I totally forgot about yellowfang ;-; I'm pretty sure she had her kits before she was a med cat though right?

she had them while a med cat, which is why she had to give them up