PDA

View Full Version : Character of the Month (February 2018)

BEAR.
January 31st, 2018, 11:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cHhKpPQ.gif
Character of the Month is designed to feature characters who deserve recognition.

Please ensure you have read this thread thoroughly, as posts that do not coincide with the provided information will be deleted.

In an attempt to prevent users from only voting selectively, the system in which OTMs are decided has changed. You may suggest a character, however the character you nominate can not be suggested by another user. For example, if you suggest "Blackstrike", no one else can nominate that character for the remainder of the month's nomination period. At the end of the month, the winner will be randomly selected.

Things to keep in mind before nominating a character:

Characters should have been roleplayed within the last two weeks of being nominated.

You may not nominate your own characters, or advertise your characters to gain nominations.

Characters used to violate a roleplay rule can not win an OTM for the month they broke the guideline.

Nominations must include an explanation of why the character deserves recognition. Posts that do not provide a reasoning will be removed.

Be thorough in your evaluation of the relationship. Vague or thoughtless statements (e.g. "they're cool") will result in your nomination being discarded.

You may only nominate once, however you may change your nomination at any time provided nominations are still open. Keep in mind you can not change your suggestion to a character that was nominated by someone else.

Previous COTMs can not be nominated. Former winners are:
Winterstar, Bravestep, Fallowstar, Zerosight, Onion, Skybird, Ashstar, Rosestar, Otterstar, Marshsnow, Sweetolive, Angelfeather, Stormlight, Timberstar, Autumnpaw, Violetpaw, Alderstripe, Lichenpaw, Smokepaw, Almondstar, Sandpaw, Blazingnight, Snowyclaw, Renn, Grousestar, Hannibal, Russetstar, Blazingstar, Blackgaze, Kiwituft, Rosebelly, Chanterellepaw, Cherrypaw.

The winner will be featured on next month's Monthly Kudos page and receive an exclusive award.

The current COTM is Cardinalkit.

To nominate a character, please post this format:

Character Name [linked to rper's account if possible - if not, provide user name]:
Character Faction [indicate if outsider (loner/rogue/kittypet)]:
Reason for nominating this character [required]:

NightWarrior4Life
February 3rd, 2018, 01:12 PM
Character Name [linked to rper's account if possible - if not, provide user name]: ShineFang ( Charmer )
Character Faction [indicate if outsider (loner/rogue/kittypet)]: SkyClan
Reason for nominating this character [required]: At first, ShineFang seems like your typical grouchy elder in the rank of medicine cat. But then you actually interact/Roleplay with him and you see his sense of humour, his more vulnerable side (such as the fact that he lost his kits, his mate and sibling). And then the way he interacts with the other medicine cats, specifically JuniperPaw and Daydream. It's like he is truly an apprentice in an elder's body because on the inside, ShineFang really doesn't know what he's doing and Is constantly worrying about whether he did the right thing for his patients. I'm sure there are many more reasons but these are all I can think of.

BEAR.
February 14th, 2018, 01:55 AM
small note: if this doesn't get traction, it goes away at the end of the month and monthly kudos dies.

this is the last time i attempt to give any warning to stir activity with this.

NightWarrior4Life
February 14th, 2018, 03:09 AM
small note: if this doesn't get traction, it goes away at the end of the month and monthly kudos dies.

this is the last time i attempt to give any warning to stir activity with this.
Oh that's so sad I love monthly kudos! Is there any way I can help? Like spread word or something?

mvoxhu
February 14th, 2018, 06:50 AM
Character Name : Slatepelt Dust
Character Faction : Starclan / Skyclan
Reason for nominating this character : I've been stalking the roleplay between Slatepelt and Shinefang for a while now, and I just love her overall charismatic personality. She's sweet, sarcastic, and very knowledgeable! I believe she deserves to win.

The Cannibal
February 14th, 2018, 02:59 PM
Character Name: Windcrest (http://www.warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=77)
Character Faction [indicate if outsider (loner/rogue/kittypet)]:Windclan
Reason for nominating this character [required]: I absolutely love how nervous and anxious she is, it makes her particularly cute and funny when she interacts with my character. Not only that, but she has quite the interesting backstory considering she was not originally clanborn and has had to adapt to their way of life, thus putting some reasoning behind her anxiousness and desire to not want to stand out.

BEAR.
February 14th, 2018, 03:17 PM
Oh that's so sad I love monthly kudos! Is there any way I can help? Like spread word or something?

well, my concern with 'spreading the word' is it probably won't generate long-term interest and we'll still have the issue of it not getting attention for future months. you can try, though - just try not to advertise outside of the advertising thread!

Fuzzy
February 14th, 2018, 03:28 PM
I didn't do this at first since I didn't get to know any characters but I do know.

Character Name: Featherspeckle (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=2209).
Character Faction: ThunderClan.
Reason for nominating this character: Okay, Featherspeckle may seem like just a regular warrior in ThunderClan but she's not. She is and has been struggling with an internal battle between her mind and her body. The one thing she holds in, keeps secret and wishing she hadn't is that she killed her best friend.

wolfie
February 14th, 2018, 03:54 PM
Character Name [linked to rper's account if possible - if not, provide user name]: Treetiger [ Suspiciousmindz ]
Character Faction [indicate if outsider (loner/rogue/kittypet)]: Thunderclan
Reason for nominating this character [required]: Okay, to be honsest I love how she is so loyal to the `voices` and Henry. She seems like she can't live without them but she is very crazy by the way she speaks. I can just tell by looking at her character page. She relies so much on Henry, not even able to survive without them. I think Treetiger is a very interesting character!

Blueberry
February 14th, 2018, 06:34 PM
Character Name [linked to rper's account if possible - if not, provide user name]: Snowpaw ( Spiralwhirl )
Character Faction [indicate if outsider (loner/rogue/kittypet)]: Thunderclan
Reason for nominating this character [required]: Snowpaw is adorably innocent, and though he can be pretty loud, he is an overall careing and kind cat.

Owl
February 14th, 2018, 07:46 PM
Character Name [linked to rper's account if possible - if not, provide user name]: Wolfheart (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=1361)
Character Faction [indicate if outsider (loner/rogue/kittypet)]: ThuderClan
Reason for nominating this character [required]: Despite not being born in ThunderClan, Wolfheart proves her loyalty to her clan over and over again. The she-cat is constantly making sure those she loves are cared for. She especially cares for Rowanblaze, a tom who will soon hurt her over and over again. She loves him, however, Rowanblaze is constantly swayed by other mollies despite having a very loyal and loving she-cat already by his side. Yet, she ignores her feelings in order to ensure that Rowanblaze is happy. She is a cat who truly loves. There is a saying that says, "you don't truly love someone unless you're willing to let them go." She is one of the most selfless cats in ThunderClan. If one heard about her story before ThunderClan, one wouldn't even think that she'd be as kind/loving/selfless as she is. She has a dark, blood-spilled back ground that she tries everyday to make up for.

Owl
February 15th, 2018, 10:18 AM
bump come on people! nominate some others c;

Liekki
February 15th, 2018, 07:41 PM
Character Name: Halfheart (http://www.warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=3469)
Character Faction: ShadowClan
Reason for nominating this character: Halfheart is a very well-rounded character that has heart, but doesn't fail to stand up for herself. She's sarcastic and snappy, but on the inside is a sweet cat that just wants someone to love her for who she is. Halfheart deserves a nomination for her overall character and consistency in her actions through roleplaying, but also because she's very relatable and understandable.

Seraphon
February 15th, 2018, 10:44 PM
Character Name [linked to rper's account if possible - if not, provide user name]: Daydream ( king kaleb! )
Character Faction [indicate if outsider (loner/rogue/kittypet)]: ShadowClan
Reason for nominating this character [required]: Daydream seems like a normal medicine cat before you actually read one of their roleplays. I was reading one Roleplay between Daydream and Soaringkit and Daydream was being so kind and gentle to the poor thing! It just warmed my heart and broke it at the same time reading it. Especially knowing how snappy Daydream can be to others, it's nice to know they can calm themselves down and tell themselves that they shouldn't act on anger at that moment and be soft and soothing when needed.

wren
February 15th, 2018, 10:53 PM
Character Name: Tumblestep @ Absurdjinx
Character Faction [indicate if outsider (loner/rogue/kittypet)]: Riverclan
Reason for nominating this character [required]: there’s just something about the way tumblestep affects you, the way he’s so human it kind of scares you just a little bit. When you interact with tumblestep you just kinda want to see him break free from this fear that comes over him like a bubble that alters his true person. So secretly the whole time you really just wanna kick him out of this trance he’s in and force him out of fear.

Charmer
February 15th, 2018, 11:50 PM
Character Name [linked to rper's account if possible - if not, provide user name]: Sharppaw (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=2060)
Character Faction [indicate if outsider (loner/rogue/kittypet)]: Shadowclan
Reason for nominating this character [required]: I hate this cat. That's precisely why I love him. He is the type of character you love to hate. He's loud-mouthed, he's obnoxious, he's downright wicked and cruel at times, and Aura RP's him in a way that is unapologetic and unflinching. I look forward to seeing where this apprentice's story goes next. If my character Morningblue doesn't kill him first, that is.

loupnoir
February 16th, 2018, 01:30 PM
Character Name: pipitchirp @ mompaws
Character Faction: skyclan
Reason for Nomination: she is the adoptive mother to my kit bee, and even though she was created on a whim it seems shes been through years of development.. so soft and gentle, she seems to always know what to do when it comes to love, but when it comes to certain needs its unheard of. shes so delicate and kind, like a rose, yet sometimes so dense, like the thorns. she can easily be labelled grace itself, and its like you hold a love-hate relationship with her.. she is poise but her confused manner can make you despise her from time to time. shes the friend that you cant stay mad at.

graves
February 17th, 2018, 02:38 PM
Character Name: Geckoleaf Clover
Character Faction: Riverclan/Starclan
Reason for nominating this character [required]: geckoleaf has always been my favorite. her character development has been so extraordinary to watch. i remember when she was training under ocean, was that right? and to suffer through apprentices like arcticpaw and losing them, to cricketpaw and struggling to train juniperpaw. to her development with daypaw, and then daydream. even if she left the clans, and as died in daydreams arms, she has forever impacted my character in both a good way, and bad way, and given daydream such development and a dynamic they needed. i can not express how much i love this character.

SuspiciousMindz
February 18th, 2018, 10:24 PM
Daydream has already been nominated for this if you look a few posts up. They cannot be voted twice.
2018 Okapi

Mango
February 19th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Daydream has already been nominated for this if you look a few posts up. They cannot be voted twice.
2018 Okapi
Didn’t see any Daydream nominations sorry. I’ll delete it.

Mauve
February 21st, 2018, 06:34 PM
♦ ♦ ♦

Character Name:
Spireflare (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=1834)
Character Faction:
WindClan
Reason for nominating this character:
It's quite interesting to see the dynamic between him and his brother. With their falling out, and
Spireflare practically tailspinning out of control, the depth of him gets driven deeper with this inner
turmoil. I'm currently roleplaying with him through Heatherfur, and I am excited to develop
their hatred towards each other. Plus, it will be interesting to see down the road how his actions
eventually lead to his exile. A truly interesting character who I think deep down is good, but has seen
too much evil in the world to be anything other than evil - chalk up his brother basically deserting him,
and you've got the makings for one seriously pissed off character.

♦ ♦ ♦

Thistledawn
February 25th, 2018, 10:24 AM
Character Name [linked to rper's account if possible - if not, provide user name]: Foxpaw
(http://www.warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=42)
Character Faction [indicate if outsider (loner/rogue/kittypet)]: SkyClan

Reason for nominating this character [required]: I absolutely love this character. I personally didn't know how to feel about him at first because of his attitude with my Cherrypaw, but he's really started to grow on me. Foxpaw is a big flirt, but he has so much character and thought underneath that, which I don't really see from other flirty cats. There's a lot more to him that he doesn't really let other cats see. I think he's so adorable and I just want to cuddle him to death.