PDA

View Full Version : The Journey {P R I V A T E !}

MaskedBandits
November 27th, 2016, 12:40 PM
This is a private roleplay between myself and /~MaNg|3. Please do not post here without prior permission from one or both of us. This takes place near ShadowClan's territory, which is also near ThunderClan's territory.
Thanks!

Mulberrypaw wandered through the pines, suspicious and alert. Stupid Badgerstripe. Yeah, maybe I can't fight or hunt, at least not now... But I can learn! I-I think... She trekked onward, hoping for something - specifically food. At least she could try to hunt!

. beachtide .
November 27th, 2016, 02:00 PM
This is a private roleplay between myself and /~MaNg|3. Please do not post here without prior permission from one or both of us. This takes place near ShadowClan's territory, which is also near ThunderClan's territory.
Thanks!

Mulberrypaw wandered through the pines, suspicious and alert. Stupid Badgerstripe. Yeah, maybe I can't fight or hunt, at least not now... But I can learn! I-I think... She trekked onward, hoping for something - specifically food. At least she could try to hunt!
Melody was staring at the leaves falling down trees when she heard crunching paw steps. She turned around to see a young cat weaving through the forest. Melody stood up and padded over to the young cat, wondering why the other cat was out here by him... or her... self. She leaped out of the bushes playfully. "Hi!" She squealed to the young cat, knowing how childish she must seem right now.

MaskedBandits
November 27th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Melody was staring at the leaves falling down trees when she heard crunching paw steps. She turned around to see a young cat weaving through the forest. Melody stood up and padded over to the young cat, wondering why the other cat was out here by him... or her... self. She leaped out of the bushes playfully. "Hi!" She squealed to the young cat, knowing how childish she must seem right now.

Mulberrypaw shrieked, crouching down. Evil rogue!! "P-Please d-d-don't e-eat m-me!" She whispered, eyes wide and scared. She'd heard plenty of stories about cat-eating, blood-thirsty rogues, but never thought she'd have to face one. Goodbye, world. StarClan, here I come! Oh, I should've listened to Badgerstripe! Closing her eyes and shaking wildly, the brown and red apprentice awaited her doom. (Dang your post was so happy and mine is all about death XD)

MaskedBandits
November 29th, 2016, 04:17 PM
(Bump for /~MaNg|3 !)

. beachtide .
December 1st, 2016, 06:42 PM
Mulberrypaw shrieked, crouching down. Evil rogue!! "P-Please d-d-don't e-eat m-me!" She whispered, eyes wide and scared. She'd heard plenty of stories about cat-eating, blood-thirsty rogues, but never thought she'd have to face one. Goodbye, world. StarClan, here I come! Oh, I should've listened to Badgerstripe! Closing her eyes and shaking wildly, the brown and red apprentice awaited her doom. (Dang your post was so happy and mine is all about death XD)
"Don't worry!" Melody exclaimed, upset to see the apprentice scared. She bounced enthusiastically around the other cat. "I'd never eat anyone! And what's your name?" She asked, stopping to look into the other cats eyes, probably a she-cat judging from the voice. "I'm Melody! Are you one of the Clan cats?"

(Aww, don't feel sad about going from happy to DEATH!! And I'm sorry, I wasn't able to get on. I was working on a choir project yesterday then I was grounded the day before that XD #MyLuck)

MaskedBandits
December 1st, 2016, 09:34 PM
"Don't worry!" Melody exclaimed, upset to see the apprentice scared. She bounced enthusiastically around the other cat. "I'd never eat anyone! And what's your name?" She asked, stopping to look into the other cats eyes, probably a she-cat judging from the voice. "I'm Melody! Are you one of the Clan cats?"

(Aww, don't feel sad about going from happy to DEATH!! And I'm sorry, I wasn't able to get on. I was working on a choir project yesterday then I was grounded the day before that XD #MyLuck)

"Well, I was." Glad the she-cat wouldn't eat her, Mulberrypaw raised her gaze to meet Melody's. "I'm Mulberrypaw, former apprentice of ShadowClan. I kinda got exiled for disagreeing with my leader." She wasn't completely trusting this stranger, but based on her past actions, it seemed as though she'd make a good friend. And maybe she can hunt! Her belly suddenly growled, and she dropped her amber eyes, embarrassed. "Let's just say I haven't eaten in a while," she murmured.

(I have to sing a solo in front of my class tomorrow, and almost everyone's older then me, and I'm freaking out a lot XD #FailureAlert)

. beachtide .
December 2nd, 2016, 05:35 PM
"Well, I was." Glad the she-cat wouldn't eat her, Mulberrypaw raised her gaze to meet Melody's. "I'm Mulberrypaw, former apprentice of ShadowClan. I kinda got exiled for disagreeing with my leader." She wasn't completely trusting this stranger, but based on her past actions, it seemed as though she'd make a good friend. And maybe she can hunt! Her belly suddenly growled, and she dropped her amber eyes, embarrassed. "Let's just say I haven't eaten in a while," she murmured.

(I have to sing a solo in front of my class tomorrow, and almost everyone's older then me, and I'm freaking out a lot XD #FailureAlert)
Melody purred at Mulberrypaw's question. "Want something to eat?" She happily offered, trying to not frown knowing this young she-cat was kicked out of her Clan for disapproving... something. Brightening up again, she turned around and shoved her muzzle into a bush and pulled out a small mouse and dropped it in front of Mulberrypaw. "I can catch something else, if you'd like!" She mewed ecstatically.

(Did your solo go well, btw??)

MaskedBandits
December 2nd, 2016, 07:55 PM
Melody purred at Mulberrypaw's question. "Want something to eat?" She happily offered, trying to not frown knowing this young she-cat was kicked out of her Clan for disapproving... something. Brightening up again, she turned around and shoved her muzzle into a bush and pulled out a small mouse and dropped it in front of Mulberrypaw. "I can catch something else, if you'd like!" She mewed ecstatically.

(Did your solo go well, btw??)

(Uh... I think so...? I don't know, everyone said You did great! But they're my friends so that doesn't count XD I didn't die, though, so that's a plus ^-^)

Mulberrypaw didn't think twice about eating the mouse. She was starving, and knew this cat wouldn't hurt her. Maybe I should trust her. After all, she gage me food... And can hunt... "Actually..." She paused, thinking over her words. "Could... Could you, maybe... Teach me how to hunt?" The red and brown she cat looked right into Melody's eyes, meeting her gaze determinatly. She knows how to hunt. She knows her way. She can probably fight, too. Therefore, she can teach me.

. beachtide .
December 2nd, 2016, 08:31 PM
(Uh... I think so...? I don't know, everyone said You did great! But they're my friends so that doesn't count XD I didn't die, though, so that's a plus ^-^)

Mulberrypaw didn't think twice about eating the mouse. She was starving, and knew this cat wouldn't hurt her. Maybe I should trust her. After all, she gage me food... And can hunt... "Actually..." She paused, thinking over her words. "Could... Could you, maybe... Teach me how to hunt?" The red and brown she cat looked right into Melody's eyes, meeting her gaze determinatly. She knows how to hunt. She knows her way. She can probably fight, too. Therefore, she can teach me.
(YAY!! YOU NO DED!! XD)

Melody tilted her head, opening her jaws to ask why, though stopped to think to herself. She's part of a Clan! She remembered after searching her memory. Don't the Clans have to know how to fight and hunt for survival? Melody realized she must look stupid sitting there with her jaws open for no particular reason, so she suddenly breathed and spoke. "Sure! Which one do you want to learn first? I think there might be some mice in some bushes nearby... maybe...... I don't know! Depends on if we'll hunt or not!" Melody exclaimed, happily smiling, realizing she's probably scared off most of the prey by now. Silly me! She happily though to herself.

MaskedBandits
December 2nd, 2016, 08:47 PM
(YAY!! YOU NO DED!! XD)

Melody tilted her head, opening her jaws to ask why, though stopped to think to herself. She's part of a Clan! She remembered after searching her memory. Don't the Clans have to know how to fight and hunt for survival? Melody realized she must look stupid sitting there with her jaws open for no particular reason, so she suddenly breathed and spoke. "Sure! Which one do you want to learn first? I think there might be some mice in some bushes nearby... maybe...... I don't know! Depends on if we'll hunt or not!" Melody exclaimed, happily smiling, realizing she's probably scared off most of the prey by now. Silly me! She happily though to herself.

Mulberrypaw thought for a moment. What kind of prey was hunted in ShadowClan territory? She didn't know why she was asking this, as she was never going back there. "Uh..." Her eyes flicked around, looking for any kind if edible animal. "I guess mouse will do." She didn't know what else to chose, as she'd never had a proper animal identification lesson, but did her best to remember the kinda of prey brought home. Frogs aren't that bad, but she probably doesn't know how to hunt those.

(YAY GO ME!! :ringbounce:)

. beachtide .
December 3rd, 2016, 09:11 AM
Mulberrypaw thought for a moment. What kind of prey was hunted in ShadowClan territory? She didn't know why she was asking this, as she was never going back there. "Uh..." Her eyes flicked around, looking for any kind if edible animal. "I guess mouse will do." She didn't know what else to chose, as she'd never had a proper animal identification lesson, but did her best to remember the kinda of prey brought home. Frogs aren't that bad, but she probably doesn't know how to hunt those.

(YAY GO ME!! :ringbounce:)
"Okay! Follow me!" Melody told Mulberrypaw. "I should really stop yelling..." she murmered underneath her breath as she opened her jaws to sniff some prey and could smell a mouse, and Melody saw the mouse scuffling underneath the bush. Melody crouched low to the ground. "Watch me," she whispered to the young cat, remembering to actually not scream this time. as she stalked toward the mouse, keeping her tail as far above the ground as she could. When she had approached the mouse, she leaped, her paws landing on top of the smaller animal, and Melody bite the back of the neck, and the mouse fell limp. She picked up the mouse and dropped it into a bush a bit farther on, where she hid all the prey. She turned around and looked at Mulberrypaw. "Can you scent any prey? Try opening your jaws, it helps," she said, trying to act less childish, though she felt like bursting at the ability to teach some other cat how she had lived about her whole life.

(THIS TOOK TOO LONG XD!! I'm also going to a party today, yay!! :kittyface:)
{That moment you realize your a mentor now: :waaah:}

MaskedBandits
December 3rd, 2016, 09:47 AM
"Okay! Follow me!" Melody told Mulberrypaw. "I should really stop yelling..." she murmered underneath her breath as she opened her jaws to sniff some prey and could smell a mouse, and Melody saw the mouse scuffling underneath the bush. Melody crouched low to the ground. "Watch me," she whispered to the young cat, remembering to actually not scream this time. as she stalked toward the mouse, keeping her tail as far above the ground as she could. When she had approached the mouse, she leaped, her paws landing on top of the smaller animal, and Melody bite the back of the neck, and the mouse fell limp. She picked up the mouse and dropped it into a bush a bit farther on, where she hid all the prey. She turned around and looked at Mulberrypaw. "Can you scent any prey? Try opening your jaws, it helps," she said, trying to act less childish, though she felt like bursting at the ability to teach some other cat how she had lived about her whole life.

(THIS TOOK TOO LONG XD!! I'm also going to a party today, yay!! :kittyface:)
{That moment you realize your a mentor now: :waaah:}

(Yay, good for you! And the second part... XD)

Mulberrypaw watched Melody intently, trying to remember her every move. Tail high... belly low, but not on the ground... legs bent... this is way easier then with Badgerstripe! Her old ShadowClan mentor had never really recognized her talents or interests, and she had hated his serious personality. I like this a lot more! Why Melody told her to check for scents, she opened her mouth, like she'd said to do, but at first she couldn't scent anything. Sure, it was her first time ever doing that, but she knew what mouse smelled like! The scents of the forest rushed into her mouth, stunning the she-cat fora moment, but soon she picked up the slightest trace of the furry creature. "I can scent one," Mulberrypaw said quietly, "but how do I get to it without being spotted or scented?"

. beachtide .
December 3rd, 2016, 12:59 PM
(Yay, good for you! And the second part... XD)

Mulberrypaw watched Melody intently, trying to remember her every move. Tail high... belly low, but not on the ground... legs bent... this is way easier then with Badgerstripe! Her old ShadowClan mentor had never really recognized her talents or interests, and she had hated his serious personality. I like this a lot more! Why Melody told her to check for scents, she opened her mouth, like she'd said to do, but at first she couldn't scent anything. Sure, it was her first time ever doing that, but she knew what mouse smelled like! The scents of the forest rushed into her mouth, stunning the she-cat fora moment, but soon she picked up the slightest trace of the furry creature. "I can scent one," Mulberrypaw said quietly, "but how do I get to it without being spotted or scented?"
"You follow the scent of the mouse," she said as calmly as she could, though it sounded a bit upbeat. "Then once you see it, you get into the hunters crouch like I showed you. "Though remember to watch out for leaves!" She exclaimed, swaying her tail over the ground, swishing the leaves to the side.

(Ah.. I've got about maybe 50 minutes left till I leave for the party... I'm too impaitent for this mouse-dung! :laughing:)

MaskedBandits
December 3rd, 2016, 09:42 PM
"You follow the scent of the mouse," she said as calmly as she could, though it sounded a bit upbeat. "Then once you see it, you get into the hunters crouch like I showed you. "Though remember to watch out for leaves!" She exclaimed, swaying her tail over the ground, swishing the leaves to the side.

(Ah.. I've got about maybe 50 minutes left till I leave for the party... I'm too impaitent for this mouse-dung! :laughing:)

(Hehe, I'm always impatient :laughing:)

"Leaves? Why would I watch out for le- ohh." Though it took a moment, Mulberrypaw suddenly realized whar Melody was talking about. "Cause they'll crush and scare the mouse away!" Understanding the concept now, she crouched down low, remembering her previous observations. She had her tail high... check. Her belly low, but not touching the ground... check. Legs bent appropriately, check. I'm ready. Carefully, she moved forward, mouse-length by mouse-length, until she was within pouncing distance. Ok, you've gotta get on top of it before it can run away. Easy enough. Except... how'd she do that again? Unsure what to do now, the red and brown she-cat leaped into the air, but she took off wrong, and her legs got tangled up. Mulberrypaw fell head over paws, making a loud "Oompf!" sound afterwards. By the time she sat up, the mouse was long gone, having run away the second she'd leaped. "Frog-dung!" She muttered angrily, scuffing up dirt in annoyance. You clumsily furball! You messed it up!

. beachtide .
December 6th, 2016, 02:31 PM
(Hehe, I'm always impatient :laughing:)

"Leaves? Why would I watch out for le- ohh." Though it took a moment, Mulberrypaw suddenly realized whar Melody was talking about. "Cause they'll crush and scare the mouse away!" Understanding the concept now, she crouched down low, remembering her previous observations. She had her tail high... check. Her belly low, but not touching the ground... check. Legs bent appropriately, check. I'm ready. Carefully, she moved forward, mouse-length by mouse-length, until she was within pouncing distance. Ok, you've gotta get on top of it before it can run away. Easy enough. Except... how'd she do that again? Unsure what to do now, the red and brown she-cat leaped into the air, but she took off wrong, and her legs got tangled up. Mulberrypaw fell head over paws, making a loud "Oompf!" sound afterwards. By the time she sat up, the mouse was long gone, having run away the second she'd leaped. "Frog-dung!" She muttered angrily, scuffing up dirt in annoyance. You clumsily furball! You messed it up!
Melody set her tail tip on Mulberrypaw's shoulder, hoping to calm down the annoyed apprentice. "You'll get the net one!" She calmly told her, facing her. "It's not that hard, it just takes some practice to get used to hunting new prey!" Melody continued happily, hoping it would help to brighten up the other she-cat.

MaskedBandits
December 6th, 2016, 08:07 PM
Melody set her tail tip on Mulberrypaw's shoulder, hoping to calm down the annoyed apprentice. "You'll get the net one!" She calmly told her, facing her. "It's not that hard, it just takes some practice to get used to hunting new prey!" Melody continued happily, hoping it would help to brighten up the other she-cat.

Yeah right. Mulberrypaw sighed, getting up. Melody's enthusiasm was contagious, and no matter how Mich she tried to be mad, she just couldn't do it. "I guess I could try again," She murmured, looking into the other she cat's eyes. Maybe she's not the most... qualified teacher, but she knows some good things. "Where can I find another mouse?" The she-car asked, trying to think. She'd only hunted once before - a few heartbeats ago! - but she was now determined to get it right.

. beachtide .
December 6th, 2016, 09:00 PM
Yeah right. Mulberrypaw sighed, getting up. Melody's enthusiasm was contagious, and no matter how Mich she tried to be mad, she just couldn't do it. "I guess I could try again," She murmured, looking into the other she cat's eyes. Maybe she's not the most... qualified teacher, but she knows some good things. "Where can I find another mouse?" The she-car asked, trying to think. She'd only hunted once before - a few heartbeats ago! - but she was now determined to get it right.
"Just sniff for it and follow the trail, though the mice will usually be in the bushes!" She replied, glad that Mulberrypaw seemed to be recovering, at least slightly.

MaskedBandits
December 7th, 2016, 07:56 AM
"Just sniff for it and follow the trail, though the mice will usually be in the bushes!" She replied, glad that Mulberrypaw seemed to be recovering, at least slightly.

"Ok." Mulberrypaw did exactly what she said, putting her nose in the air and searching more scents. She made her way over to the bushes, and just like Melody had said, she could smell mice awaiting. Creeping slowly, she moved along the cold ground, alerts for any sudden sights of movement. I wont mess it up this time! Steadily, sneakily, she reached the bush, and could hear the squeaks of the mice inside. Carefully... carefully...! Mulberrypaw went for it. She pushed off the ground, crash landing into the bush. By accident, the mouse was right under her, and the apprentice squealed with surprise. I got it! She finished it off and looked up at Melody. "Did I do ok?"

. beachtide .
December 7th, 2016, 03:29 PM
"Ok." Mulberrypaw did exactly what she said, putting her nose in the air and searching more scents. She made her way over to the bushes, and just like Melody had said, she could smell mice awaiting. Creeping slowly, she moved along the cold ground, alerts for any sudden sights of movement. I wont mess it up this time! Steadily, sneakily, she reached the bush, and could hear the squeaks of the mice inside. Carefully... carefully...! Mulberrypaw went for it. She pushed off the ground, crash landing into the bush. By accident, the mouse was right under her, and the apprentice squealed with surprise. I got it! She finished it off and looked up at Melody. "Did I do ok?"
Melody watched the apprentice seriously, which is very rare, and was surprised at the Mulberrypaw's strange way of catching prey, though at least it had worked. Melody quickly leaped to her paws, nodding excitedly, going back to her upbeat side. "Yup!" Melody answered. "Neat technique, Mulberry paw!" She continued, her tail waving excitedly through the cold wind behind her, glad her pelt was thick.

MaskedBandits
December 7th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Melody watched the apprentice seriously, which is very rare, and was surprised at the Mulberrypaw's strange way of catching prey, though at least it had worked. Melody quickly leaped to her paws, nodding excitedly, going back to her upbeat side. "Yup!" Melody answered. "Neat technique, Mulberry paw!" She continued, her tail waving excitedly through the cold wind behind her, glad her pelt was thick.

"Thanks!" I think...? She, being so young, didn't understand what the right way to hunt was, but took it as a compliment anyway. "What else can we hunt?" Now that she'd caught something, Mulberrypaw felt as though she could hunt forever, catching so many things the whole Clan would've been fed. Ya know, if I still lived with them. The thought brought back memories she wanted to forget, and she tried to push them away; from when her best friend had fallen into the river from her mentor's abusive nature. But that's over. I'm a loner now, and that's that.

. beachtide .
December 8th, 2016, 02:41 PM
"Thanks!" I think...? She, being so young, didn't understand what the right way to hunt was, but took it as a compliment anyway. "What else can we hunt?" Now that she'd caught something, Mulberrypaw felt as though she could hunt forever, catching so many things the whole Clan would've been fed. Ya know, if I still lived with them. The thought brought back memories she wanted to forget, and she tried to push them away; from when her best friend had fallen into the river from her mentor's abusive nature. But that's over. I'm a loner now, and that's that.
Melody thought for some more prey that she had caught in this area before. Rabbit, vole, thrush, blackbird, and water voles... which one... Melody thought, deciding to just list them all to the apprentice. "I've caught mice, rabbits, voles, thrushes, blackbirds, and water voles in this area before. Which one do you want to try and catch?" She responded, tilting her head to the side, her tail still waving behind her with excitement.

MaskedBandits
December 8th, 2016, 05:30 PM
Melody thought for some more prey that she had caught in this area before. Rabbit, vole, thrush, blackbird, and water voles... which one... Melody thought, deciding to just list them all to the apprentice. "I've caught mice, rabbits, voles, thrushes, blackbirds, and water voles in this area before. Which one do you want to try and catch?" She responded, tilting her head to the side, her tail still waving behind her with excitement.

Mulberrypaw had to think for a moment, taking each kind of prey into consideration. I wonder if I'm fast enough to catch a rabbit... or jump high enough to catch a bird... "How about a blackbird?" She suggested, waving her tail back and forth like Melody. They can't be that hard to catch... right? She tried to be optimistic, and right now, it was pretty easy. Surely nothing too severe could happen...

. beachtide .
December 8th, 2016, 06:24 PM
Mulberrypaw had to think for a moment, taking each kind of prey into consideration. I wonder if I'm fast enough to catch a rabbit... or jump high enough to catch a bird... "How about a blackbird?" She suggested, waving her tail back and forth like Melody. They can't be that hard to catch... right? She tried to be optimistic, and right now, it was pretty easy. Surely nothing too severe could happen...
"Okay!" Melody said happily, lightly bouncing. "Do you know what blackbird smells like? She asked Mulberrypaw, Melody twitching her nose, trying to catch a scent of blackbird. Instead she caught a sniff of rabbit, creeping towards the white animal, in front of one of the many bushes. The rabbit stood up and turned around, facing her. The rabbit quickly hopped away, Melody dashing after it. Melody soon caught up, right behind it's tail, her lungs heaving. With all the energy she had left, and pounced, her front paws landing on the rabbit, and bit into it's neck until she could feel a snap and picked it up, knowing it was fresh-kill now. She carried it back over to where she had been previously, where Mulberrypaw was, and dropped the rabbit in the bush, turned away, and flopped onto the ground, panting. "Ypu know, hunting rabbits is quite the work-out!" She exclaimed, not as optimistically due to her exhaustion, though.

MaskedBandits
December 9th, 2016, 12:46 PM
"Okay!" Melody said happily, lightly bouncing. "Do you know what blackbird smells like? She asked Mulberrypaw, Melody twitching her nose, trying to catch a scent of blackbird. Instead she caught a sniff of rabbit, creeping towards the white animal, in front of one of the many bushes. The rabbit stood up and turned around, facing her. The rabbit quickly hopped away, Melody dashing after it. Melody soon caught up, right behind it's tail, her lungs heaving. With all the energy she had left, and pounced, her front paws landing on the rabbit, and bit into it's neck until she could feel a snap and picked it up, knowing it was fresh-kill now. She carried it back over to where she had been previously, where Mulberrypaw was, and dropped the rabbit in the bush, turned away, and flopped onto the ground, panting. "Ypu know, hunting rabbits is quite the work-out!" She exclaimed, not as optimistically due to her exhaustion, though.

Mulberrypaw widened her eyes as Melody ran, trying to take in everything she did. She's really fast.... Her legs never stop moving... Her pounce was great... "That was cool!" She exclaimed, jumping up. "How'd you do that? Like, run do fast?" She didn't really notice that the other she cat was tired, only wanting to know everything. I'm going to be that fast someday! She bent down to sniff the rabbit, trying to memorize its scent. It smells like dirt... And heather, maybe?

MaskedBandits
December 29th, 2016, 08:54 AM
( /~MaNg|3 )

. beachtide .
December 29th, 2016, 03:41 PM
Mulberrypaw widened her eyes as Melody ran, trying to take in everything she did. She's really fast.... Her legs never stop moving... Her pounce was great... "That was cool!" She exclaimed, jumping up. "How'd you do that? Like, run do fast?" She didn't really notice that the other she cat was tired, only wanting to know everything. I'm going to be that fast someday! She bent down to sniff the rabbit, trying to memorize its scent. It smells like dirt... And heather, maybe?
(Sorry, I've been really busy lately xD)

Melody huffed, looking up into Mulberrypaw's eyes as she sat up. "Practice," She answered half-humorously as she gazed across the field. "Tons of practice," she continued, her eyes looking through the horizon, past the several bushes of where she had made her home. "So, what next?!" She exclaimed, getting to her paws, her tail waving enthusiastically behind her once more. She knew how annoying she must be getting be now with her upbeat and optimistic personality, despite what had happened to Mulberrypaw before they met, but Melody loved to look towards the bright side, and expect the best of the future rather than looking back on her sad and sorrowful past.

MaskedBandits
December 30th, 2016, 12:34 PM
(Sorry, I've been really busy lately xD)

Melody huffed, looking up into Mulberrypaw's eyes as she sat up. "Practice," She answered half-humorously as she gazed across the field. "Tons of practice," she continued, her eyes looking through the horizon, past the several bushes of where she had made her home. "So, what next?!" She exclaimed, getting to her paws, her tail waving enthusiastically behind her once more. She knew how annoying she must be getting be now with her upbeat and optimistic personality, despite what had happened to Mulberrypaw before they met, but Melody loved to look towards the bright side, and expect the best of the future rather than looking back on her sad and sorrowful past.

But practice will take forever! "Ok." Mulberrypaw glanced back at the field, hoping to spot another rabbit. I guess I have forever, though. It's not like I'm going anywhere else. She wasn't quite used to Melody's optimism yet, but knew she would eventually. She could probably learn a lot from this cat, and she needed to learn a lot. "Uh... I dunno - are there multiple ways to hunt the same kind of prey?"

(Na, it's all good; I'm not as active anymore either XD)

MaskedBandits
January 3rd, 2017, 08:03 PM
( /~MaNg|3 )

. beachtide .
January 6th, 2017, 03:50 PM
But practice will take forever! "Ok." Mulberrypaw glanced back at the field, hoping to spot another rabbit. I guess I have forever, though. It's not like I'm going anywhere else. She wasn't quite used to Melody's optimism yet, but knew she would eventually. She could probably learn a lot from this cat, and she needed to learn a lot. "Uh... I dunno - are there multiple ways to hunt the same kind of prey?"

(Na, it's all good; I'm not as active anymore either XD)
"Well for rabbits, yes!" Melody exclaimed happily, sitting back up instantly as she caught all her breath. "You just need someone else; one cat to chase the rabbit and one to intervene the rabbit's path to kill it!" Melody continued happily, looking out on the field, waiting for a rabbit to hop across.

MaskedBandits
January 7th, 2017, 09:54 AM
"Well for rabbits, yes!" Melody exclaimed happily, sitting back up instantly as she caught all her breath. "You just need someone else; one cat to chase the rabbit and one to intervene the rabbit's path to kill it!" Melody continued happily, looking out on the field, waiting for a rabbit to hop across.

"Ok, cool." It was surprising to the young Mulberrypaw that the answer was yes, but she didn't ask any more questions. At least the answer was yes. It's relieving to know not everyone has to hint the exact same way. She had always been a bit different, seemingly the only one who'd opposed her leader. It was harder that way, but was who she was. Being the exact same isn't always good. And neither is Blazingnight. She kept her eyes and ears open for any sign of a rabbit, and after lots and lots of waiting, she saw she little fluffy tail emerge from a bush. "So... now what?" She kept her voice low so the other animal wouldn't hear, but she was starting to get excited. I'm gonna catch me a rabbit!

MaskedBandits
January 14th, 2017, 10:27 PM
( /~MaNg|3 )

MaskedBandits
January 31st, 2017, 07:54 PM
( /~MaNg|3 )

(Still booping /~MaNg|3 )

. beachtide .
February 3rd, 2017, 10:57 PM
"Ok, cool." It was surprising to the young Mulberrypaw that the answer was yes, but she didn't ask any more questions. At least the answer was yes. It's relieving to know not everyone has to hint the exact same way. She had always been a bit different, seemingly the only one who'd opposed her leader. It was harder that way, but was who she was. Being the exact same isn't always good. And neither is Blazingnight. She kept her eyes and ears open for any sign of a rabbit, and after lots and lots of waiting, she saw she little fluffy tail emerge from a bush. "So... now what?" She kept her voice low so the other animal wouldn't hear, but she was starting to get excited. I'm gonna catch me a rabbit!
Melody crouched as the rabbit reached her sight, crouching. "Okay," she whispered. "You sneak up behind it and chase it to me," she told Mulberrypaw ans she padded lightly over behind a few bushes, ducking behind them, peeking through the leaves to make sure she was not in view of the rabbit. She flicked her tail to Mulberrypaw, signaling to go a chase the rabbit to her, as she quickly flicked her tail down again so the rabbit would not see her.

{Sorry for the long wait X3}

(...is it bad that I ship them now?? XDD)

MaskedBandits
February 4th, 2017, 07:54 AM
Melody crouched as the rabbit reached her sight, crouching. "Okay," she whispered. "You sneak up behind it and chase it to me," she told Mulberrypaw ans she padded lightly over behind a few bushes, ducking behind them, peeking through the leaves to make sure she was not in view of the rabbit. She flicked her tail to Mulberrypaw, signaling to go a chase the rabbit to her, as she quickly flicked her tail down again so the rabbit would not see her.

{Sorry for the long wait X3}

(...is it bad that I ship them now?? XDD)

(I dunno, the chances of them being together are slim but still X3)

Mulberrypaw flicked her own tail in response, stealthily making her way around the rabbit. If she was going to chase it to Melody, her positioning had to be perfect. It can't scent me before, so I need to move around it until I can scare it right into Melody's claws. The rabbit had begun nibbling at some grass a few paw-steps away, completely unaware of the looming threat that came steadily closer. Eventually she was right across from her friend, and gave the slightest flick of a tail, as if saying 'Get ready!' She crouched down, prey in sight, and suddenly screeched.

Mulberrypaw leaped out of the bush looking as frightening as possible. She had her eyes narrowed, teeth out, and and claws flashing in the sun. The rabbit widened its own eyes, immediately rushing in Melody's direction. She chased it anyway, so it couldn't change course, and hoped her friend was ready. Melody! It's almost time! She wanted to yell, but didn't for fear of startling the prey even more. She prayed to StarClan, running so hard her heart pounded.

. beachtide .
February 4th, 2017, 03:49 PM
(I dunno, the chances of them being together are slim but still X3)

Mulberrypaw flicked her own tail in response, stealthily making her way around the rabbit. If she was going to chase it to Melody, her positioning had to be perfect. It can't scent me before, so I need to move around it until I can scare it right into Melody's claws. The rabbit had begun nibbling at some grass a few paw-steps away, completely unaware of the looming threat that came steadily closer. Eventually she was right across from her friend, and gave the slightest flick of a tail, as if saying 'Get ready!' She crouched down, prey in sight, and suddenly screeched.

Mulberrypaw leaped out of the bush looking as frightening as possible. She had her eyes narrowed, teeth out, and and claws flashing in the sun. The rabbit widened its own eyes, immediately rushing in Melody's direction. She chased it anyway, so it couldn't change course, and hoped her friend was ready. Melody! It's almost time! She wanted to yell, but didn't for fear of startling the prey even more. She prayed to StarClan, running so hard her heart pounded.
Melody saw the rabbit hopping towards her behind the bush, Mulberrypaw running after it to keep it on her path. As the rabbit neared, Meody leaped out from behind, pouncing on the rabbit, accidentally letting go, the rabbit leaping away quickly. Oh no you don't! Melody thought sternly as she quickly got back up, racing towards the rabbit, her lungs heaving as she finally neared the rabbit. Once she was close enough, she hooked a claw onto the rabbits fluffy tail, just barely being able to, dragging it towards her as she held up her pother paw, holding the rabbit down, as she quickly bit the back of the rabbits neck, killing it. She got up on shaking legs as she padded back towards Mulberrypaw, dropping her prey as she sat down, slowing her breathing so she wouldn't seem like she was really low on breath.

{Still shipping it. And I'm making it that Melody has a smaller breath limit than most and looses her breath quicker... like me X3}

MaskedBandits
February 4th, 2017, 05:35 PM
Melody saw the rabbit hopping towards her behind the bush, Mulberrypaw running after it to keep it on her path. As the rabbit neared, Meody leaped out from behind, pouncing on the rabbit, accidentally letting go, the rabbit leaping away quickly. Oh no you don't! Melody thought sternly as she quickly got back up, racing towards the rabbit, her lungs heaving as she finally neared the rabbit. Once she was close enough, she hooked a claw onto the rabbits fluffy tail, just barely being able to, dragging it towards her as she held up her pother paw, holding the rabbit down, as she quickly bit the back of the rabbits neck, killing it. She got up on shaking legs as she padded back towards Mulberrypaw, dropping her prey as she sat down, slowing her breathing so she wouldn't seem like she was really low on breath.

{Still shipping it. And I'm making it that Melody has a smaller breath limit than most and looses her breath quicker... like me X3}

(I swear, that's totally me though XD I am terrible at running and have no breathing capabilities :rainbowllama:)

Mulberrypaw's eyes went from slots to marbles as she saw Melody miss. Awe, fox-dung! Now we won't have dinner! When her friend gave chase, she wondered if she should too, but she didn't give her a chance. Soon enough, Melody was back with the rabbit dangling limply from her jaws, and the apprentice almost squealed with excitement. "Yay! You caught it!" Because of her excitement, she didn't really notice the fact that her friend was almost panting, though caught her slow breathing. Why is she breathing so slowly? She just ran pretty far! But she didn't question it, no matter how hard her curiosity pestered her.

Mulberrypaw crouched down next to the dead rabbit, breathing in its musky scent. Previously of ShadowClan, her diethad consisted of organisms such as frogs and squirrels, so a rabbit wasn't usually on the menu. No wonder WindClan eats them all the time. Great StarClan, it sure smells good! Before she dig in, though, she glanced up at Melody with her wide amber eyes. "What does a rabbit taste like, anyway?" Even though she'd get to try it momentarily, she wanted to know what she was getting into first. Not that Melody would want to poison me or anything. I just really want to know!