PDA

View Full Version : writing President Obama and the First Lady

Mango
November 26th, 2016, 09:33 PM
I decided to write President Barrack Obama about my concerns about America and future poverty and Michelle about Woman's rights. Any advice?

wren
November 26th, 2016, 09:36 PM
Tell them we are very grateful for their contribution to the country and we are grateful he was elected twice. That's all I would have to say, I'm sorry for all those who are living in America right now.

EliteHotDog
November 26th, 2016, 09:37 PM
He probably won't even read it. He most likely gets thousands of letters every day. (What rights do men have that women don't?)

Fel
November 26th, 2016, 09:50 PM
He probably won't even read it. He most likely gets thousands of letters every day. (What rights do men have that women don't?)

for starters, reproductive rights- it's a big issue in a lot of states, and a lot of states have banned things such as late-term abortions and such, which are generally women's rights problems [all afab people are concerned by this, but the large majority are women and most places classify this as women's rights]

EDIT; how could I forget? there's the wage gap. there's always the wage gap.

EliteHotDog
November 26th, 2016, 09:56 PM
for starters, reproductive rights- it's a big issue in a lot of states, and a lot of states have banned things such as late-term abortions and such, which are generally women's rights problems [all afab people are concerned by this, but the large majority are women and most places classify this as women's rights]
It's still a person if it hasn't been born. Also the wage gap is a myth. Paying people less because of gender, race, etc is illegal. Also, cat calling is not oppression.

Crow
November 26th, 2016, 11:06 PM
It's still a person if it hasn't been born. Also the wage gap is a myth. Paying people less because of gender, race, etc is illegal. Also, cat calling is not oppression.
Agree to disagree on the abortion topic- two cells is not a human. It's two cells. Also-- if you aren't aware of the outcome of the Roe v. Wade case, I'll tell you- the Supreme Court decided that abortion was a constitutional right. A person {eg, the mother}'s health is more important than the well-being of a fetus, which is essentially just a part of the mother until it becomes a person at birth.

As for the wage gap- it is not a myth. On average, women make 78.3% as much as men. That's an extremely significant number. And it is completely proven. For every thousand dollars a man makes, a woman makes 783 dollars. It may be illegal, but it still obviously happens.

Also-- where did Frisk mention catcalling?? I'm confused??

Anyway, I didn't mean to turn this into a political debate- just needed to put my two cents into this topic haha

goddess of ducks
November 26th, 2016, 11:15 PM
*slips in quietly*
I thought that since a heart beat and breathing can be clearly noticed using medical equipment that a human fetus can be alive in the womb? Again hate to disagree but it what I was thinking. Your only considered dead if you are 1. Not breathing 2. Are completely brain dead, in which you have no brain activity what so ever. If a fetus does have a heart beat and can be felt and seen moving around, then shouldn't it be considered a living being?

wren
November 26th, 2016, 11:19 PM
Bottom line it just seems bad to abort a fetus. I mean Jesus just give the child à chance with a foster family or something.

Crow
November 26th, 2016, 11:26 PM
*slips in quietly*
I thought that since a heart beat and breathing can be clearly noticed using medical equipment that a human fetus can be alive in the womb? Again hate to disagree but it what I was thinking. Your only considered dead if you are 1. Not breathing 2. Are completely brain dead, in which you have no brain activity what so ever. If a fetus does have a heart beat and can be felt and seen moving around, then shouldn't it be considered a living being?
It is technically a living being- I never meant to imply it wasn't. It's like a single-celled organism, in a way. It's not as important as the mother's life is, because it can't think for itself and has been decided by the Supreme Court to not be considered as a person until birth.

Crow
November 26th, 2016, 11:32 PM
Bottom line it just seems bad to abort a fetus. I mean Jesus just give the child à chance with a foster family or something.
What if the mother will die if they give birth? If they can't afford to pay for the best procedures to have the baby? If the baby will have a condition that makes life unlivable? It's the mother's body. If they don't want to give birth, that's their decision.

wren
November 26th, 2016, 11:38 PM
Oh I'm define you not saying save he child over the mother, certainly not. If the mother is going to die then kill the child by all means. I just think if there's no real issue like cost, procedures etc then I think just surgically remove the child.

EliteHotDog
November 26th, 2016, 11:43 PM
Crow[/MENTION] Crow Crow http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/a-yearly-reminder-that-the-gender-wage-gap-is-due-to-choice-not-discrimination/article/2563010 http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cuJJowJikdk Read the whole article, and watch the whole video.

Fel
November 26th, 2016, 11:54 PM
hey guys, we should calm down the debate now, keep this thread free of drama ^^

EliteHotDog
November 27th, 2016, 12:07 AM
hey guys, we should calm down the debate now, keep this thread free of drama ^^

Oh... That's what people ment by drama on here. How dare you have different opinions, and I almost cannot even say debate without being triggered. You might offend someone!

Fel
November 27th, 2016, 12:29 AM
Oh... That's what people ment by drama on here. How dare you have different opinions, and I almost cannot even say debate without being triggered. You might offend someone!

...1. 'triggered' jokes are absolutely terrible and make fun of people with real triggers that more often then not are things that inhibit day-to day function due to trauma and such.

2. ?? this is a rp site, talking about politics can stir up drama and though debates are awesome, this isn't the site for it, and I apologize for starting it.

overall, let's just stop.

ConfusedCas
November 27th, 2016, 12:48 AM
...1. 'triggered' jokes are absolutely terrible and make fun of people with real triggers that more often then not are things that inhibit day-to day function due to trauma and such.

2. ?? this is a rp site, talking about politics can stir up drama and though debates are awesome, this isn't the site for it.

overall, let's just stop.

^^ Well said fenic.
I was thinking of hopping in but I noticed it got a little salty, so yeah, let's remember this is WCO.

Mango
November 28th, 2016, 09:57 AM
I didn't ask for a debate, but if there was anything you guys wanted to be discussed.

Zan Partizanne
November 28th, 2016, 10:50 AM
I'm starting to think this is why America is being called Hippocrates Trump hasn't even done anything wrong theres no reason to do this Obama cant do anything anyways

Mango
November 28th, 2016, 01:29 PM
Eh, same.