PDA

View Full Version : The Woodpecker Thicket {Open}

Brooklyn Trees
October 5th, 2016, 08:12 PM
This is the Woodpecker Thicket, given it's name because it is a thicket of trees and bushes in which Woodpeckers often roost. This is an open roleplay so, hop in =^^=

FOXXRR
October 6th, 2016, 12:08 AM
(Can I join tomorrow, I need to get hang of this site.)

Bram246
October 6th, 2016, 08:39 AM
Bramble finally reach clearing through the thick bush. "Oh the fur on my back!', she played down panting,"I never thought forest could be so frightening!"

Brooklyn Trees
October 6th, 2016, 05:15 PM
(Can I join tomorrow, I need to get hang of this site.)

(Yup, this will always be open=^^= {as long as it's active anyways :P})

Brooklyn Trees
October 6th, 2016, 05:20 PM
Bramble finally reach clearing through the thick bush. "Oh the fur on my back!', she played down panting,"I never thought forest could be so frightening!"

Calypso watched the she-cat come into the thicket and padded up to her. Calypso's black fur and dark yellow eyes watching Bramble intently.
"Frightening?" She asked in her oddly deep voice for one as young as she was. Or really for any other cat Calypso had come across.
"You come, say frightening. Why?" She asked. She was, by now, used to how her own speech pattern was different then those around her and that she came across and she was now able to make out what they said, but she made no attempt to change her own speech pattern to match theirs.

FOXXRR
October 6th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Mayhem pricked her ears as she was padding along below the trees. She heard two cats from a distance. As she flattened her pitch-dark obsidian, she looked around with her blood colored eyes(When other cats see her they see a cat who is crying blood.) and spotted two she-cats. She stalked soundlessly towards them, as they might be hostile. Her jet black pelt color hid her well amongst the shadows of the trees.

Brooklyn Trees
October 6th, 2016, 08:56 PM
Calypso had not heard or seen anything, and she was not the best at knowing if their was a stranger near, but for some reason the fur on the back of her neck prickled. She did not know that that was the feeling of being watched, and so she ignored it, remaining as she was with her attention fixed on Bramble.

FOXXRR
October 6th, 2016, 09:26 PM
Mayhem crept forward until she was right behind the black cat, sniffing silently to make sure she smelled like a tree. She proceeded to sit down and close her eyes, letting the other senses take charge.

CherryIce
October 7th, 2016, 03:44 PM
Brash rolled through the bushes, getting prickled a bit but otherwise surviving.
//hope its okay that im joining//

Bram246
October 7th, 2016, 05:46 PM
Bramble got up quickly,"It's frightening cause I could barely get through it! Never seen a forest so tangled in plants and tree!", she sniff at the cat. 'Are you a clan cat?'
(Sorry for being inactive)

FOXXRR
October 7th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Mayhem opened her eyes as she heard a cat mew. Not catching it, she let out a soft growl and stalked up the tree. She did not know that the she-cat could see her against the pale brown tree trunk...

Bram246
October 7th, 2016, 06:26 PM
Bramble looked around and say a cat run up a tree. "Hey! Don't fall! There's thorns there! I think."

SIlverheart_the_Warrior
October 7th, 2016, 06:28 PM
may i join?

FOXXRR
October 7th, 2016, 06:40 PM
may i join?
(I don't think you have to ask...)

FOXXRR
October 7th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Mayhem was surprised. Losing her grip on the tree branch she was clinging to, she fell and landed in front of the she-cat. Her eyes had widened as she lost her grip, her eyes were still wide with shock.

Bram246
October 7th, 2016, 06:47 PM
"Oh sorry!", Bramble frantically looked the cat over,"Are you hurt?"

FOXXRR
October 7th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Too shocked to reply, Mayhem continued to stare into empty space. Her brain was malfunctioning, unable to create a response...

Bram246
October 7th, 2016, 06:57 PM
'Um?', Bramble looked at the she cat. "Sorry about this.", she slapped Mayhem her claws sheath.

FOXXRR
October 7th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Mayhem was still too shocked to reply. It took her a long time to register the slap, and when she did, she was not happy. "Hey! Why did you do that for?!"

Bram246
October 7th, 2016, 07:34 PM
"You were staring at me like a frighten mouse.", Bramble kicked her paw,"I was asking if you were alright when you fell from the branch."

FOXXRR
October 7th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Just realizing that she has been spotted, her fear and timidness begin started. "........... um..........." she meowed. Softer, "no"

Bram246
October 7th, 2016, 07:49 PM
"Well since you're okay I'm Bramble.", she smiled at the she cat.

FOXXRR
October 7th, 2016, 07:52 PM
"........" she replied, too quiet to even hear herself

Bram246
October 7th, 2016, 08:02 PM
"HEY!", Bramble got in Mayhem's face," START TALKING!"

FOXXRR
October 7th, 2016, 08:04 PM
Shocked, she spoke louder "my name is Mayhem", she checked herself and added, "sorry for eavesdropping on you.."

Bram246
October 7th, 2016, 08:12 PM
"Okay. You're Mayhem.", Bramble sat,"That's fine. I wasn't doing much."

FOXXRR
October 7th, 2016, 08:17 PM
Mayhem looked away. She was nervous of how the conversation will change. "Um... well......" she hesitated.

Bram246
October 7th, 2016, 08:26 PM
Noticing this cat was nervous Bramble sighed,"Wanna hunt or something?"

Abstracted Dog
October 7th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Strange walked around a tree her face locked in a scowl. A severed mouse tail was lying on the ground, and she flinched at this smell. "What is this..?"

FOXXRR
October 7th, 2016, 08:31 PM
"I think I pretty much scared all the prey away" amusement filled her eyes as she forgot about the nervousness she felt earlier.

Bram246
October 7th, 2016, 08:36 PM
"Oh no! I don't think all the prey left!", Bramble got up,"Come on!"

FOXXRR
October 7th, 2016, 10:20 PM
Mayhem rose up and shook her pelt. Her pelt seemed to swallow any light that went there. She closed her eyes to let her hyper-senses take control. In her mind a picture was drawn. Green, green, green, brown, brown, brown...... Everything was blurry until his senses told him there was a mouse four fox-lengths away. She rolled on the ground to disguise her scent and silently ran to the bark. She stalked it only to find a disgusting mouse tail laying there, and when she looked up, she saw another cat.....

Bram246
October 7th, 2016, 10:34 PM
Bramble followed Mayhem as she hunted. She spotted her looking at a cat. "Mayhem. Who's this?'

FOXXRR
October 7th, 2016, 10:46 PM
Once again, Mayhem was frozen. She had absolutely no reaction except to just fall down, wide-eyed.

Bram246
October 7th, 2016, 10:52 PM
"Mayhem!", Bramble hissed. She tried to pick up the cat,"Get up! You frighten mouse!"

FOXXRR
October 7th, 2016, 10:59 PM
Mayhem is paralyzed. Her mouth opened as though she was in mid-sentence.

Bram246
October 7th, 2016, 11:01 PM
Bramble dropped Mayhem,"Screw this.," she sat staring at her,"Snap out on your own this time."

FOXXRR
October 7th, 2016, 11:16 PM
Mayhem snapped back to reality as soon as she fell on the ground. She looked around and saw that she cat she met first. The other cat, for some reason, looked scary to her...

Bram246
October 8th, 2016, 07:51 AM
"Sorry about that. I don't what's wrong with her.,"Bramble apologized to the other cat.

FOXXRR
October 8th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Mayhem shrunk back. All parts of her body wanted to escape this situation, but her mind was frozen. Unable to act, she fainted.

FOXXRR
October 8th, 2016, 11:50 PM
(Ze bump)

FOXXRR
October 11th, 2016, 07:58 PM
(((((((((A very beautiful BUMP)))))))))

Brooklyn Trees
October 11th, 2016, 08:27 PM
Brash rolled through the bushes, getting prickled a bit but otherwise surviving.
//hope its okay that im joining//

(It's completely okay =^^=)

Brooklyn Trees
October 11th, 2016, 08:31 PM
may i join?

( You don't have to ask to join =^^= Just jump in.)

Brooklyn Trees
October 11th, 2016, 08:35 PM
Calypso quietly followed the two she-cats and stood behind Bramble, not having been able to answer the she-cat's... Rather confusing question from earlier before the other she-cat fell from the tree. She didn't speak, but rather just watched with dark yellow eyes in a quiet sitting position, her tail folded over her front paws.

FOXXRR
October 11th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Mayhem woke to find the cat from earlier. Shaking, she stared at the cat.

Bram246
October 12th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Bramble sat looking at Calypso.

Brooklyn Trees
October 12th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Calypso looked back at Bramble, and then over Bramble's shoulder towards the two strange cats. The one who had fallen from the tree, and the one who had just arrived. She blinked her dark amber eyes and looked back at Bramble.
"You come here, why?" She asked them, not exactly asking a specific cat, just wondering in general, though she remained in her sitting position with her tail folded over her black paws.

Bram246
October 12th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Bramble shrugged,"I got stuck in the forest since it's thick. I was hunting until Mayhem arrived.", she looked back at the she cat.

Brooklyn Trees
October 12th, 2016, 11:50 AM
Calypso nodded quietly at this and then looked back at the other two cats expectantly.

FOXXRR
October 12th, 2016, 04:30 PM
"I... er......." Mayhem stammered and just gave up.

Brooklyn Trees
October 13th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Calypso turned her eyes unto Mayhem as she stuttered a few syllables and went silent.. These cats were strange to the young she-cat, and she found them to be... Quite interesting actually. The dark furred kit studied Mayhem, though she did not know her name and only really knew her as the cat that fell from the tree... And passed out multiple times. However, it didn't seem as though this cat would contribute any other information, and so the seven moon old she-cat decided to try to ask another question.
"Others call you what?" She asked, still not really making an effort to be understood by the other cats. If they wouldn't tell them why they were in the thicket, then perhaps they would tell them what she should address them as.

Bram246
October 13th, 2016, 01:58 PM
"Bramble.",she replied to Calypso. Bramble mostly looked at other things than the other cats.

Brooklyn Trees
October 13th, 2016, 02:03 PM
Calypso nodded, wondering for what reason the stranger Bramble was looking around... Perhaps for some sort of escape route or such.
"Others, Calypso, call me." She told them, the tip of her redish tail flicking slightly as she spoke.

Bram246
October 13th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Spotting a bird land not to far from them Bramble crouched and stalked the bird slowly. It pecked at the ground as Bramble lunged at it. The bird flapped it's wing as the she broke its neck. Bramble came back smiling and dragging the bird.

Brooklyn Trees
October 13th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Calypso watched as Bramble hunted, surprised by how quickly she had caught it, and the methods that she used that were strange to the kit, as she had taught herself to hunt.
"You snap it's neck, why?" She asked. It seemed unconventional to the little one, and she was determined to figure out how to do so herself, even if it seemed more difficult than the ways that she had learned herself.

Bram246
October 13th, 2016, 02:24 PM
"Because I wanted to?", Bramble didn't know how to correctly talk about hunting,"I mean there are different ways in killing prey but mostly you go for the neck. Snapping the neck is sometimes bloody but it is quick."

Brooklyn Trees
October 13th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Calypso blinked slowly and then nodded thoughtfully, imagining how she might go about doing that. Perhaps she would try this method of hunting at some point.

Bram246
October 13th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Bramble looked at Calypso,"Do you have any other questions?"

FOXXRR
October 13th, 2016, 11:52 PM
Mayhem meanwhile worked on her confidence to say something. "H-hello C-al-Calypso. H-how are you d-d-d-oing?"

CatNeedsCandy
October 8th, 2018, 12:03 AM
A kit stuck his head out of the bush. He instantly stuck his back.