PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no Starclan Dreams thread?

sNazzy
November 24th, 2016, 09:58 PM
I've noticed that there is no Starclan Dreams thread, so some of us have used the territory. Is there a reason why this is happening? Or is it just a mistake?

BEAR.
November 24th, 2016, 10:03 PM
riddle me this;

What is the difference between where dreams take place in StarClan and the territory?

monfang
November 24th, 2016, 10:26 PM
riddle me this;

What is the difference between where dreams take place in StarClan and the territory?
Hmmmm........ Good riddle, but Riddle me this
What's the difference of the DARK FOREST and the territory? Hmm?

BEAR.
November 24th, 2016, 10:30 PM
Hmmmm........ Good riddle, but Riddle me this
What's the difference of the DARK FOREST and the territory? Hmm?

didn't answer my inquiry ~
the dark forest is the name, the territory is an actual location.

Gusty
November 25th, 2016, 01:06 PM
riddle me this;

Wait. Assuming that there's little difference, then why was it made on the old site?

BEAR.
November 25th, 2016, 01:45 PM
Wait. Assuming that there's little difference, then why was it made on the old site?

We certainly didn't make it, haha. It was made by a former staff member that failed to realize when cats dream, they they just show up in StarClan Territory.
Before you bring up Dark Forest dreams - that was created by a member in 2013 when they were trying to jump ahead in a plot.
But both are a bit redundant when the Warrior ancestors don't separate dreams from their side of the skies.

Gusty
November 25th, 2016, 02:16 PM
We certainly didn't make it, haha. It was made by a former staff member that failed to realize when cats dream, they they just show up in StarClan Territory.
Before you bring up Dark Forest dreams - that was created by a member in 2013 when they were trying to jump ahead in a plot.
But both are a bit redundant when the Warrior ancestors don't separate dreams from their side of the skies.
Oh.. that makes sense, thanks xD

sNazzy
November 25th, 2016, 07:40 PM
I guess the location is similar, but still, it's better. I've never read in a dream in the books of other cats hunting or walking during the encounter. When cats dream, they don't pop up anywhere. It's almost like the place is designated. Otherwise Firestar would end up dreaming of meeting Whitestorm during Firestar's Quest instead of Cloudstar. It's just too random. Also, then why is the Breezerock in Windclan separate from the Clearing? It would be much easier for cats to know when a speech is made. Also, is it physically possible for all the cats to fit onto the Breezerock? It's just more sense for the Breezerock, and any other announcing pads, to be inside the clearing. That's what the clearing is for.

BEAR.
November 25th, 2016, 09:51 PM
man132435

How is it better?

Where do you think the dreams are located if not in StarClan territory? Or what the difference is? Please provide a scene from the book where it's directly stated as well -- the book should clarify it's not in StarClan [or somewhere in their territory].

The territory of both ancestors is vast; the only known end is the border between the ancestors (which was both explored and crossed in one of the Omen of the Stars books). So it's not unlikely a StarClan cat would pick a secluded spot for a private discussion haha. Besides, do you think users and the authors would include cats if they didn't want them to be there??

Not even sure where you're coming from with your Breezerock analogy when the clearing is used for general discussions. That's like saying all the dens should just be morphed into the clearing thread, because that's where they're located -- there's a difference between sections of a camp and cats visiting the territory of StarClan in their dreams. Walking into camp isn't the same as walking up to the Breezerock, and I doubt it'd be easier to be aware of announcements if it's buried beneath characters going about their daily lives. In a separate thread, it's obvious a clan meeting is taking place. And while members may post there, it's not to the degree other users do in the clearing - so more people have the opportunity to notice the report. One of the things with StarClan and the Dark Forest is they're both roleplayed in the least; if you're actively roleplaying a dream, it's not going to get buried anytime soon.

sNazzy
November 26th, 2016, 08:13 AM
I'm going to answer those one by one.

1. That's going to be supported in following answers.

2. I never said they were not in StarClan territory. I think that there wouldn't be other cats if StarClan cats chose the place of emergence. Otherwise, meetings would never happen, or they wouldn't be private (RPwise. But it's not like a million people look at the leaders den.) That's where the difference is. It's decided where a cat should dream, not just random. And that scene would be that no scene that I have read so far has directly stated that you just pop up and the dead cat finds you. But I have no evidence of a scene proving my point. :(

3. I guess that's just evidence I guess.

4. Have you ever heard of a cat who hasn't paid attention during a meeting? No cat has dared to ignore a meeting, as much as they protest against the message. So meetings would not be buried, unless they are finished. Also, I don't think it's ever been said that the clearing is for discussion. Why isn't the fresh-kill pile separate? I was using the Windclan part to prove that it's weird that clan meetings are separated but dreams, which I think are more important, are just thrown off. Can I inquire where the medicine cat's dreams take place?

But I'm only 9 so I wouldn't be surprised if you easily found a way to weave around my answers. And I've just decided to center this.

lost
November 26th, 2016, 08:52 AM
The Breezerock is separated because meetings are important and if they were in the clearing no one would see them and the meeting would be flooded out- the breezerock is there so that when a leader wants an announcement to be seen, it is (Because a leader's meetings are important to the entire clan)

However, dreams do not affect a vast group, it is an individual thing, so it does not need its own thread, an rp between two-three people at a time can easily be held out in the territory.
Though I do see your point, the dreams thread isn't 100% required unless the territory gets flooded out in a week because of all the dreams that are happening. Dreams just don't happen enough to have a thread valued for it.

sNazzy
November 26th, 2016, 10:21 AM
Well, I just do want to point out that dreams are particularly important, as medicine cats, leaders, and any normal cat do have to get messages. If there were no real connection, then omens would be ignored, plots would be ruined, and everything in between. Concerning the Breezerock, my character, Dovekit, always misses the meetings. The whole way that is set up is a little shaky, if you ask me. In the books, clan meetings are based around order, but here they are more of a thing you just about ignore, unless you're looking to have thrill. I want that thrill, but I won't get it until new features come up. Perhaps a live side chart that shows important events, such as births and clan meetings, as well as gatherings. My characters would be much more involved in clan life. It would be a lot of work to edit it and find everything, but not every little thing had to be broadcasted. You would have a choice of being public or private. Anyways, I don't see why this can't just happen. It's not really that hard. A dreams thread would just make it more organized. And who says a Breezerock announcement will be buried under an eager community? I think it would just be broadcasted more, and if it was buried, the side chart I mentioned would make it known. That's what the clan news page is for. Oh. No need for a side chart then. But that also proves there is no need to be indignant with announcements.

jaymoon
November 27th, 2016, 07:37 AM
:bawling::bawling::bawling:
To much reading

Ludicrous Lunacy
November 27th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Well, I just do want to point out that dreams are particularly important, as medicine cats, leaders, and any normal cat do have to get messages. If there were no real connection, then omens would be ignored, plots would be ruined, and everything in between. Concerning the Breezerock, my character, Dovekit, always misses the meetings. The whole way that is set up is a little shaky, if you ask me. In the books, clan meetings are based around order, but here they are more of a thing you just about ignore, unless you're looking to have thrill. I want that thrill, but I won't get it until new features come up. Perhaps a live side chart that shows important events, such as births and clan meetings, as well as gatherings. My characters would be much more involved in clan life. It would be a lot of work to edit it and find everything, but not every little thing had to be broadcasted. You would have a choice of being public or private. Anyways, I don't see why this can't just happen. It's not really that hard. A dreams thread would just make it more organized. And who says a Breezerock announcement will be buried under an eager community? I think it would just be broadcasted more, and if it was buried, the side chart I mentioned would make it known. That's what the clan news page is for. Oh. No need for a side chart then. But that also proves there is no need to be indignant with announcements.
Oky, did you post because of a question or to debate?

BEAR.
November 27th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Dreams aren't as important as you'd think. It's more often than naught that users just use it to visit family and friends that've passed -- major plots, omens and prophecies are run by staff, are infrequent (prophecies especially as they limit the amount of people involved), and again like Lost stated are only roleplayed with a small amount of users. (Two to three at most).

It's not the fault of the meeting spot if you're not on at the time. Putting it in the clearing - where everyone posts and it could be easily overlooked because people are more focused on their personal plots - won't change that. If anything, it will just make it harder to be involved in ceremonies. A separate thread for important announcements, where you can easily find the OP and post accordingly [even if the ceremony itself has concluded] is a lot more logical than hunting through twenty pages to find a meeting.

If you'd like to be aware of when Clan Meetings have taken place, there's always Subscribing to the Breezerock thread (and any other announcement thread that gets posted in).

The Clan News is to give a general outline of what's going on throughout the site. It's a simple location to see what the weather is like, what happened to some high ranks [given if people resign or die, it's not always roleplayed or mentioned in roleplay despite being canonical], and where plots are in progression - given it's often scattered throughout the site and can be hard to track for some users. Gatherings themselves have been uncommon and normally are every other month {this will probably be resumed once the EE ends}.

I feel we need to reference this quote from you:
Have you ever heard of a cat who hasn't paid attention during a meeting? No cat has dared to ignore a meeting, as much as they protest against the message. So meetings would not be buried, unless they are finished.

This isn't the books. Not everyone on this site pays attention to meetings, or cares to be involved if their character isn't directly, and we're not going to force users into something they don't want to do. That'd be ridiculous. It's the same concept with dreams -- not everyone pays attention, and it's not improbable for users involved to lose interest and drop the roleplay.

So no, there isn't a need for a separation between something that isn't as huge of a deal as it is in the books and the territory in which it takes place. If a dream that's important for the site needs to take place, it can just as easily be done in the territory thread like everything else.

sNazzy
November 27th, 2016, 07:43 PM
*Sighs and accepts*