PDA

View Full Version : Scottie's Home

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 06:38 PM
Scottie, a peachy colored tom with long fur, lives here. He is very friendly and open to other cats.

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 06:41 PM
Nettleclaw

Scottie paused as they came to his twoleg house. They were already by his backyard, and now they only had to get up the stairs to his deck. The tom turned to Brittle. "You okay with steps?" He asked hesitantly. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable about her injury, however he didn't want to assume she was able to climb up either.

Nettleclaw
November 22nd, 2016, 06:50 PM
@Nettleclaw (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=23)

Scottie paused as they came to his twoleg house. They were already by his backyard, and now they only had to get up the stairs to his deck. The tom turned to Brittle. "You okay with steps?" He asked hesitantly. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable about her injury, however he didn't want to assume she was able to climb up either.

Brittle nods, "I'm a-alright going up. It's coming down th-that's hard." She approaches the stairs, slow to start as she's still observing the new surroundings. A lot of things are similar about the yard, but it feels like a completely different world here. Nervious, she shifts her focus to Scottie, though she's finding it hard to look directly at him again, "I'll stay n-next to you, in case I miss a s-step."

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 06:52 PM
Brittle nods, "I'm a-alright going up. It's coming down th-that's hard." She approaches the stairs, slow to start as she's still observing the new surroundings. A lot of things are similar about the yard, but it feels like a completely different world here. Nervious, she shifts her focus to Scottie, though she's finding it hard to look directly at him again, "I'll stay n-next to you, in case I miss a s-step."

Scottie nodded, touching his nose to her ear. "You can calm down, nothing's going to jump out at you," he gently teased. He paused. "Well, when we walk inside the dog might get excited though, but I'll make sure he doesn't bother you." Turning, he trotted over to the first step.

Nettleclaw
November 22nd, 2016, 07:01 PM
Scottie nodded, touching his nose to her ear. "You can calm down, nothing's going to jump out at you," he gently teased. He paused. "Well, when we walk inside the dog might get excited though, but I'll make sure he doesn't bother you." Turning, he trotted over to the first step.

Dogs... She'll just have to deal with that when she gets there. Looking now, Brittle realizes that Scottie's stairs aren't as close together as her own. She places her paw and lightly leans into him, another step, another step, at least is still able to reach and push off with her numb hindleg.

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 07:04 PM
Dogs... She'll just have to deal with that when she gets there. Looking now, Brittle realizes that Scottie's stairs aren't as close together as her own. She places her paw and lightly leans into him, another step, another step, at least is still able to reach and push off with her numb hindleg.

Scottie moves along with her, ready to catch her should she stumble. They reach the top, and he pads over to the cat flap to poke his head inside. "Oh, the dog isn't in here right now, and neither are my twolegs. They must be out on a walk." He pulled his head back, flicking his ear and looking at Brittle.

Nettleclaw
November 22nd, 2016, 08:36 PM
Scottie moves along with her, ready to catch her should she stumble. They reach the top, and he pads over to the cat flap to poke his head inside. "Oh, the dog isn't in here right now, and neither are my twolegs. They must be out on a walk." He pulled his head back, flicking his ear and looking at Brittle.

Oh, thank goodness! Brittle almost mewed. The thought of the potential, uncontrollable excitement is defused, but she hesitated to look through the flap herself. At least now seems like the perfect time to explore Scottie's nest, her tail waved in anticipation. Before she could let herself have the thought of backing out, she mews, "Then let's have a look!" She practically forces herself forward to peek inside while Scottie holds the flap open, eager to get inside figuring that she has already come this far.

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 08:50 PM
Oh, thank goodness! Brittle almost mewed. The thought of the potential, uncontrollable excitement is defused, but she hesitated to look through the flap herself. At least now seems like the perfect time to explore Scottie's nest, her tail waved in anticipation. Before she could let herself have the thought of backing out, she mews, "Then let's have a look!" She practically forces herself forward to peek inside while Scottie holds the flap open, eager to get inside figuring that she has already come this far.

Scottie laughed at her eagerness. "What you're looking at right now is our kitchen- the dog's bowl and my food bowl is in there. The room to the left is the living room, and the hall in front leads both down and upstairs." He listed off the rooms in his house.

Nettleclaw
November 22nd, 2016, 09:44 PM
Scottie laughed at her eagerness. "What you're looking at right now is our kitchen- the dog's bowl and my food bowl is in there. The room to the left is the living room, and the hall in front leads both down and upstairs." He listed off the rooms in his house.

"It looks nice." Brittle mews, "Compared to my home, at least you know what your rooms are." She licks her paw, perhaps it's worth cleaning up a little if she's going into such a clean place. "My owners are always moving things around, it's a mess." She raises her tail, just realizing she said was going to far to compliment and made her own place sound so bad. "I-I'm used to it, though. It's not that b-bad." Great, he's not going to come over now...

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 09:48 PM
"It looks nice." Brittle mews, "Compared to my home, at least you know what your rooms are." She licks her paw, perhaps it's worth cleaning up a little if she's going into such a clean place. "My owners are always moving things around, it's a mess." She raises her tail, just realizing she said was going to far to compliment and made her own place sound so bad. "I-I'm used to it, though. It's not that b-bad." Great, he's not going to come over now...

Scottie nodded. "Yeah, my owners just finished moving a bunch of stuff around since we got the dog. It's normally pretty dirty too, but they just finished cleaning, they even used that thing that makes a lot of noise and cleans the ground. I- um, forget the word for it," He admitted. "But normally they track dirt all through the house from being out in the garden."

Nettleclaw
November 23rd, 2016, 06:28 AM
Scottie nodded. "Yeah, my owners just finished moving a bunch of stuff around since we got the dog. It's normally pretty dirty too, but they just finished cleaning, they even used that thing that makes a lot of noise and cleans the ground. I- um, forget the word for it," He admitted. "But normally they track dirt all through the house from being out in the garden."

"Y-Yeah, I h-hate that thing." Brittle mewed, not completely sure if she had the right idea of the loud item Scottie mentioned. Feeling that she 's starting to lose her ability to hold the conversation, she peers her head through the flap for a close look, then finds herself padding all the way inside leaving no corner unseen. The warmth in here is doing good for her nerves and she sits down to take a breath of new scents. "Mmm..." she purrs, "It even feels nice."

Maplefur
November 23rd, 2016, 07:33 AM
"Y-Yeah, I h-hate that thing." Brittle mewed, not completely sure if she had the right idea of the loud item Scottie mentioned. Feeling that she 's starting to lose her ability to hold the conversation, she peers her head through the flap for a close look, then finds herself padding all the way inside leaving no corner unseen. The warmth in here is doing good for her nerves and she sits down to take a breath of new scents. "Mmm..." she purrs, "It even feels nice."
Scottie padded in after her, a warm purr rising. "Well, I'm glad you think so." He looked around the room. "Want a tour, then?" He sat down next to Brittle and looked at her.

Nettleclaw
November 23rd, 2016, 10:19 AM
Scottie padded in after her, a warm purr rising. "Well, I'm glad you think so." He looked around the room. "Want a tour, then?" He sat down next to Brittle and looked at her.

"Y-Yes, please?" Brittle quickly responds, looking back at Scottie and waving her tail. She hasn't felt this excited to explore since she began her life in the forest, though she does her best to compose herself by believing that her deep feelings are being exaggerated. By what? She twitches her whiskers nervously just thinking about him... IT! Thinking about it...

Maplefur
November 23rd, 2016, 10:39 AM
"Y-Yes, please?" Brittle quickly responds, looking back at Scottie and waving her tail. She hasn't felt this excited to explore since she began her life in the forest, though she does her best to compose herself by believing that her deep feelings are being exaggerated. By what? She twitches her whiskers nervously just thinking about him... IT! Thinking about it...

Scottie trotted deeper into the tiled kitchen, sitting besides the table. "Well, this is my favorite spot to sit when my twolegs are eating, because sometimes his kit will drop me some." He licked his lips thinking about it. "Though lately, the dog gets more of it than me." He trotted over to the back wall in the kitchen. "And here, besides all the counters, are my bowls. If you're ever hungry or thirsty, you can help yourself. The dog's bowls are over there, by the... Fridge? Yeah, I think that's what it's called. I wouldn't sniff it though when he's around, he gets grumpy and snaps."

Nettleclaw
November 23rd, 2016, 10:58 AM
Scottie trotted deeper into the tiled kitchen, sitting besides the table. "Well, this is my favorite spot to sit when my twolegs are eating, because sometimes his kit will drop me some." He licked his lips thinking about it. "Though lately, the dog gets more of it than me." He trotted over to the back wall in the kitchen. "And here, besides all the counters, are my bowls. If you're ever hungry or thirsty, you can help yourself. The dog's bowls are over there, by the... Fridge? Yeah, I think that's what it's called. I wouldn't sniff it though when he's around, he gets grumpy and snaps."

Brittle padded further inside and sat down near the middle of the room, watching and listening. "Is the dog really so annoying?" She mews, though she purrs already knowing the answer to that. She stands and cranes her head in the direction of the living room. "Ooh, Do you have any toys?"

Maplefur
November 23rd, 2016, 11:07 AM
Brittle padded further inside and sat down near the middle of the room, watching and listening. "Is the dog really so annoying?" She mews, though she purrs already knowing the answer to that. She stands and cranes her head in the direction of the living room. "Ooh, Do you have any toys?"

"Yes, he is, but he's young so hopefully it'll get better once he gets older." He look over to the living room. "Oh yes, there's a whole box of toys for me in there! It's the smaller bin, the dog has the big one. My bed's in there too, as well as the dogs. Again, his is the bigger one." Scottie wasn't scornful, or upset that the dog got bigger things. The dog was, after all, much larger than Scottie. And a lot more furry! He thought, curling his tail at his thoughts. "I mostly spend a lot of time in this room when I'm in the house. I like to lay on the top of the couches, right by the window." He motioned to the long couch in the room, seated right in front of the window.

Nettleclaw
November 24th, 2016, 10:09 AM
"Yes, he is, but he's young so hopefully it'll get better once he gets older." He look over to the living room. "Oh yes, there's a whole box of toys for me in there! It's the smaller bin, the dog has the big one. My bed's in there too, as well as the dogs. Again, his is the bigger one." Scottie wasn't scornful, or upset that the dog got bigger things. The dog was, after all, much larger than Scottie. And a lot more furry! He thought, curling his tail at his thoughts. "I mostly spend a lot of time in this room when I'm in the house. I like to lay on the top of the couches, right by the window." He motioned to the long couch in the room, seated right in front of the window.

Brittle took her time sniffing around the living room. She pads over to the beds and sniffs at the larger one. "I think this is far too much room for a nest... er, bed." she corrected herself, "My bed belonged to the dog I meantioned. They gave my old one to my kits." She trys not to hover around Scottie's bed for too long and pads over to sniff at the long couch. "I've given up trying to get to the window in my room." Brittle sighs, "I can't jump at all."

Maplefur
November 24th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Brittle took her time sniffing around the living room. She pads over to the beds and sniffs at the larger one. "I think this is far too much room for a nest... er, bed." she corrected herself, "My bed belonged to the dog I meantioned. They gave my old one to my kits." She trys not to hover around Scottie's bed for too long and pads over to sniff at the long couch. "I've given up trying to get to the window in my room." Brittle sighs, "I can't jump at all."

Scottie's gaze followed Brittle around the room. "Well, that's a shame," He commented, and began to walk over to her. Then he paused, whiskers twitching. "Wanna bet I could get you up there?" He gave Brittle a teasing glance.

Nettleclaw
November 24th, 2016, 12:21 PM
Scottie's gaze followed Brittle around the room. "Well, that's a shame," He commented, and began to walk over to her. Then he paused, whiskers twitching. "Wanna bet I could get you up there?" He gave Brittle a teasing glance.

Brittle turns to Scottie with an amused flick of her tail. "I doubt it, it's a long way up." She looks up to the window, Or at least it looks like a long way to me. She tilts her head, "It would be nice though, it's been forever since I've been on a decent perch."

Maplefur
November 24th, 2016, 12:43 PM
Brittle turns to Scottie with an amused flick of her tail. "I doubt it, it's a long way up." She looks up to the window, Or at least it looks like a long way to me. She tilts her head, "It would be nice though, it's been forever since I've been on a decent perch."
Scottie smiled. "Wait here." He turned and trotted down a hallway connected to the living room and kitchen, then turned into a room- the bathroom. His twoleg had another kit, a younger one, who was still very small. They kept a stepping stool by the sink, and Scottie moved to push the stool out the door, and down the hallway. After some time, he was able to push it into the kitchen, and he turned to face the living room and Brittle. "We can use this to get you up there!"

Nettleclaw
November 25th, 2016, 04:35 AM
Scottie smiled. "Wait here." He turned and trotted down a hallway connected to the living room and kitchen, then turned into a room- the bathroom. His twoleg had another kit, a younger one, who was still very small. They kept a stepping stool by the sink, and Scottie moved to push the stool out the door, and down the hallway. After some time, he was able to push it into the kitchen, and he turned to face the living room and Brittle. "We can use this to get you up there!"

"Oh my." Brittle mewed in surprise. She's never seen anything of this sort before, but it looked like it could work. Brittle sits down. "What are you going to do with that?" she mews, playfully waving her tail. Her full attention on Scottie, she wonders what other surprises await.

Maplefur
November 25th, 2016, 06:53 AM
"Oh my." Brittle mewed in surprise. She's never seen anything of this sort before, but it looked like it could work. Brittle sits down. "What are you going to do with that?" she mews, playfully waving her tail. Her full attention on Scottie, she wonders what other surprises await.

"We can push it up to the couch, and you can use it to get to the cushion!" Scottie looked at the couch, trying to figure out how to get her the rest of the way up. "Hm, and then you could climb up the barrier on the side, and go up onto the back of it!" He smiled at Brittle. "Then you can get back up to the ledge again. I'm sure there's stuff you could use around your house to get around, too." He hoped she would be happy- he didn't want her to go back to the cat he had seen at the garden.

Nettleclaw
November 26th, 2016, 05:21 AM
"We can push it up to the couch, and you can use it to get to the cushion!" Scottie looked at the couch, trying to figure out how to get her the rest of the way up. "Hm, and then you could climb up the barrier on the side, and go up onto the back of it!" He smiled at Brittle. "Then you can get back up to the ledge again. I'm sure there's stuff you could use around your house to get around, too." He hoped she would be happy- he didn't want her to go back to the cat he had seen at the garden.

Brittle followed Scottie's plan with her eyes, observing the stool to finally the windowsill. "I..." she still has a tinge of uncertainty, but she pads forward with a purr, "Y-Yeah, let's do it!" She tries to muster as much enthusiasm as she could. This will be it, after so long, she's going to learn to trust another cat again!

Maplefur
November 26th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Brittle followed Scottie's plan with her eyes, observing the stool to finally the windowsill. "I..." she still has a tinge of uncertainty, but she pads forward with a purr, "Y-Yeah, let's do it!" She tries to muster as much enthusiasm as she could. This will be it, after so long, she's going to learn to trust another cat again!
Using his head to finish shoving the stool up to the couch, he used to to pad his way to the cushion. Turning around, Scottie looked at Brittle. "Alright then, you can do it!"

Nettleclaw
November 28th, 2016, 06:09 AM
Using his head to finish shoving the stool up to the couch, he used to to pad his way to the cushion. Turning around, Scottie looked at Brittle. "Alright then, you can do it!"

Purring with confidence, Brittle places her front paws on the first step and pushes herself forward. But with each step, her heart beat faster, and she very carefully crosses the gap between the steps and the cushion. Brittle nervously mews to Scottie, "H-Halfway there!"

Maplefur
November 28th, 2016, 07:38 AM
Purring with confidence, Brittle places her front paws on the first step and pushes herself forward. But with each step, her heart beat faster, and she very carefully crosses the gap between the steps and the cushion. Brittle nervously mews to Scottie, "H-Halfway there!"

Scottie purred. "Yup, almost there!" He padded over to the edge of the couch, jumping up onto the arm and turning back to Brittle. "So tell me again, how long was it since you've been up here?" He waited for her to come over before he would continue, wanting to stay close in case she lost her footing. He didn't want to be responsible for her getting hurt.

Nettleclaw
November 28th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Scottie purred. "Yup, almost there!" He padded over to the edge of the couch, jumping up onto the arm and turning back to Brittle. "So tell me again, how long was it since you've been up here?" He waited for her to come over before he would continue, wanting to stay close in case she lost her footing. He didn't want to be responsible for her getting hurt.

"Ah-Uh-S-Seven m-moons?" She answers. Brittle couldn't tell if she was either immensely excited, or devastatingly frightened, either way, it worried her. She pads carefully across the cushion, trying hard not to snatch her claws in the fabric. "I'm f-f-fine." She mews, her legs trembling as she climbed up to join Scottie on the couch arm. She lied across it on her belly uncomfortably, looking up at him with all her usable claws holding her in place. "I j-j-just m-might-t be a-afraid of f-falling..." This is the worst stuttering she's had I'm a long time, but she really wants this. Why though?

Maplefur
November 28th, 2016, 10:56 AM
"Ah-Uh-S-Seven m-moons?" She answers. Brittle couldn't tell if she was either immensely excited, or devastatingly frightened, either way, it worried her. She pads carefully across the cushion, trying hard not to snatch her claws in the fabric. "I'm f-f-fine." She mews, her legs trembling as she climbed up to join Scottie on the couch arm. She lied across it on her belly uncomfortably, looking up at him with all her usable claws holding her in place. "I j-j-just m-might-t be a-afraid of f-falling..." This is the worst stuttering she's had I'm a long time, but she really wants this. Why though?

"Don't worry, I'll catch you if you do." Scottie leaped up to the back of the couch, then walked up to the window ledge. "Once you're here you won't fall. The couch is pressed up against the wall, so you won't have to worry." He blinked down at Brittle, giving her an encouraging smile.

Nettleclaw
November 28th, 2016, 01:28 PM
"Don't worry, I'll catch you if you do." Scottie leaped up to the back of the couch, then walked up to the window ledge. "Once you're here you won't fall. The couch is pressed up against the wall, so you won't have to worry." He blinked down at Brittle, giving her an encouraging smile.

The sofa arm, though not all that narrow, proved a challenge for Brittle to keep her balance on, and getting to the back of the couch is the highest climb. Intimidated, she keeps herself low to prevent losing her balance, but it just makes the climb seem even higher. "I d-d-don't h-have to w-worry." she mews and looks up to Scottie with wide, grey eyes. After a few breaths, she gingerly pulls herself up, and manages to at least get herself vertical before pausing to mew, "H-Help?" Her head is right at Scottie's paws, but she feels she can't pull herself up any further, and with all of her claws in the fabric, she doesn't want to try too hard. She's been in trouble before for scratching at furniture.

Maplefur
November 28th, 2016, 04:12 PM
The sofa arm, though not all that narrow, proved a challenge for Brittle to keep her balance on, and getting to the back of the couch is the highest climb. Intimidated, she keeps herself low to prevent losing her balance, but it just makes the climb seem even higher. "I d-d-don't h-have to w-worry." she mews and looks up to Scottie with wide, grey eyes. After a few breaths, she gingerly pulls herself up, and manages to at least get herself vertical before pausing to mew, "H-Help?" Her head is right at Scottie's paws, but she feels she can't pull herself up any further, and with all of her claws in the fabric, she doesn't want to try too hard. She's been in trouble before for scratching at furniture.
Scottie nodded before leaning over and grabbing the back of her neck gingerly. "Alright, I'm gonna pull you up." He meowed through Brittle's fur. "Try and push yourself up while I do." Pausing a moment to allow her to prepare, he dug in his legs and heaved himself backwards to try and pull her up besides him. The orange tom made sure to keep his teeth clamped firmly shut, though also tried not to grip Brittle too hard so he wouldn't hurt her.

Nettleclaw
November 29th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Scottie nodded before leaning over and grabbing the back of her neck gingerly. "Alright, I'm gonna pull you up." He meowed through Brittle's fur. "Try and push yourself up while I do." Pausing a moment to allow her to prepare, he dug in his legs and heaved himself backwards to try and pull her up besides him. The orange tom made sure to keep his teeth clamped firmly shut, though also tried not to grip Brittle too hard so he wouldn't hurt her.

Brittle kept herself from yowling when he pulled at her neck. Once she had a paw clinging to flat ground, she made it up the rest of the way. She avoided Scottie for a moment though, turning away to tend to the phantom pain in her numb hindleg, frantically licking away.

Maplefur
November 29th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Brittle kept herself from yowling when he pulled at her neck. Once she had a paw clinging to flat ground, she made it up the rest of the way. She avoided Scottie for a moment though, turning away to tend to the phantom pain in her numb hindleg, frantically licking away.
Scottie watched her with a worried expression. Maybe I shouldn't have done this, he thought uncertaintly. "Are... are you alright? Did I hurt you?" He tried to look at her leg, leaning over the edge of the couch to do so. It's not bleeding, right? His tail swished through the air in a circular pattern- a nervous habit he had.

Nettleclaw
November 30th, 2016, 07:55 AM
Scottie watched her with a worried expression. Maybe I shouldn't have done this, he thought uncertaintly. "Are... are you alright? Did I hurt you?" He tried to look at her leg, leaning over the edge of the couch to do so. It's not bleeding, right? His tail swished through the air in a circular pattern- a nervous habit he had.

"N-N-No," Brittle stuttered rebalancing herself, "I j-just didn't exp-p-pect you t-to grab m-me there..." She kept her facing away from Scottie, one paw over her head as she mentally scoffs herself for doing such stupid things given her frailty. Suddenly, though, those thoughts became more about what Scottie could be thinking of her. Probably amused by the scared-at-nothing kitten who can't do anything for herself, the common reaction she gets when she makes a fool of herself.

Maplefur
November 30th, 2016, 11:16 AM
"N-N-No," Brittle stuttered rebalancing herself, "I j-just didn't exp-p-pect you t-to grab m-me there..." She kept her facing away from Scottie, one paw over her head as she mentally scoffs herself for doing such stupid things given her frailty. Suddenly, though, those thoughts became more about what Scottie could be thinking of her. Probably amused by the scared-at-nothing kitten who can't do anything for herself, the common reaction she gets when she makes a fool of herself.

Scottie sighed, and his body that had previously been tense with worry now sagged. "I'm sorry," He murmured, upset. "I-I should've told you... given you a heads up." He stuttered- something he almost never did. I should've known this was a bad idea! "Normally I think before I act... maybe I shouldn't have brought you up here... It's just... I, uh, thought it'd make you happy and..." he trailed off, cursing himself for stuttering. His ears pressed against his head from embarrassment and anger at himself.

Nettleclaw
December 1st, 2016, 06:43 AM
Scottie sighed, and his body that had previously been tense with worry now sagged. "I'm sorry," He murmured, upset. "I-I should've told you... given you a heads up." He stuttered- something he almost never did. I should've known this was a bad idea! "Normally I think before I act... maybe I shouldn't have brought you up here... It's just... I, uh, thought it'd make you happy and..." he trailed off, cursing himself for stuttering. His ears pressed against his head from embarrassment and anger at himself.

The silence after was unbearable. Brittle hiccups a cry as she speculates to herself how badly this is going, even if he didn't say what she expected. She looks to the window, just standing up would be enough to see through it, a higher perspective of outside. But, that's not what she came up here for.

Brittle turns back around to Scottie, surprised by his expression. How could I have doubted it after he's already shown me... He really cares. But, I didn't want this either, i just wanted to leave home. Oh, what have I done? She pads to him and lies at his side, leaning her head against his flank. "I'm so so s-s-sorry." She crys.

Maplefur
December 1st, 2016, 07:20 AM
The silence after was unbearable. Brittle hiccups a cry as she speculates to herself how badly this is going, even if he didn't say what she expected. She looks to the window, just standing up would be enough to see through it, a higher perspective of outside. But, that's not what she came up here for.

Brittle turns back around to Scottie, surprised by his expression. How could I have doubted it after he's already shown me... He really cares. But, I didn't want this either, i just wanted to leave home. Oh, what have I done? She pads to him and lies at his side, leaning her head against his flank. "I'm so so s-s-sorry." She crys.

Scottie looked down at her with wide eyes. "You don't have anything to be sorry for," he murmured to her. He leaned down to lick her forehead, hoping to comfort her. He wrapped his bushy tail around her. "We'll just get past it, yeah?" He asked hopefully. "Look, you made it too." He looked out the window at the trees surrounding his yard. A gust of wind blew some leaves from their branches, and they twirled to the ground. He knew it must be chilly outside, but sitting here in the sunlight was much warmer.

Nettleclaw
December 1st, 2016, 11:08 AM
Scottie looked down at her with wide eyes. "You don't have anything to be sorry for," he murmured to her. He leaned down to lick her forehead, hoping to comfort her. He wrapped his bushy tail around her. "We'll just get past it, yeah?" He asked hopefully. "Look, you made it too." He looked out the window at the trees surrounding his yard. A gust of wind blew some leaves from their branches, and they twirled to the ground. He knew it must be chilly outside, but sitting here in the sunlight was much warmer.

Brittle lifts her head to look outside. "Wow..." she mews. Sure, it's a simple view, but being stuck looking up at everything changes how significant of a perspective this is to her. She scoots closer to the glass and settles, looking around. "Scottie," She mewed, "...Thank you."

Maplefur
December 1st, 2016, 11:12 AM
Brittle lifts her head to look outside. "Wow..." she mews. Sure, it's a simple view, but being stuck looking up at everything changes how significant of a perspective this is to her. She scoots closer to the glass and settles, looking around. "Scottie," She mewed, "...Thank you."

Scottie smiled at her and moved up besides her. "No problem." Anything to make you happier, he thought as he watched her. His whiskers twitched in surprise at his emotions. I always want my friends to be happy... but this feels different. His gaze searched Brittle's pelt. What's she doing to me?

Nettleclaw
December 2nd, 2016, 06:33 AM
Scottie smiled at her and moved up besides her. "No problem." Anything to make you happier, he thought as he watched her. His whiskers twitched in surprise at his emotions. I always want my friends to be happy... but this feels different. His gaze searched Brittle's pelt. What's she doing to me?

Brittle looks to Scottie from the corner of her glossy eyes. He's just... unlike any other cat I've met. He's going so far to put up with me, and I've done nothing to deserve his attention. I even... want to tell him the truth. After all, he's done so much to make me happy, yet... I feel more than that. What is he doing to me? "..." Brittle sighs in uncertainty, now looking down at her paws.

Maplefur
December 2nd, 2016, 07:26 AM
Brittle looks to Scottie from the corner of her glossy eyes. He's just... unlike any other cat I've met. He's going so far to put up with me, and I've done nothing to deserve his attention. I even... want to tell him the truth. After all, he's done so much to make me happy, yet... I feel more than that. What is he doing to me? "..." Brittle sighs in uncertainty, now looking down at her paws.
Scottie frowned. "What's wrong?" He asked Brittle, swishing his tail back and forth. He glanced outside, and noted with dismay that the colors of the sky were turning golden, signaling sunset. She'll have to leave soon... He thought with a twinge of sadness. I don't want her to. He could have sat there with her for a moon and still be content.

Nettleclaw
December 2nd, 2016, 04:22 PM
Scottie frowned. "What's wrong?" He asked Brittle, swishing his tail back and forth. He glanced outside, and noted with dismay that the colors of the sky were turning golden, signaling sunset. She'll have to leave soon... He thought with a twinge of sadness. I don't want her to. He could have sat there with her for a moon and still be content.

"I... don't want to t-to go." Brittle mewed. "If I do, they'll t-take me to the v-vet." She slumps lower, "I wasn't out t-to wander... I was running away."

Maplefur
December 2nd, 2016, 04:36 PM
"I... don't want to t-to go." Brittle mewed. "If I do, they'll t-take me to the v-vet." She slumps lower, "I wasn't out t-to wander... I was running away."

"I don't like the vet much either," Scottie admitted. "But you can't run away forever, sometime you'll have to go back. Besides, maybe they could help you somehow." He knew Brittle's leg most likely wouldn't be completely fixed, probably ever, but perhaps they could do something to make her more comfortable with her injury. "But I don't want you to go either," he murmured, and his pelt heated up when he realized he had said that out loud.

Nettleclaw
December 3rd, 2016, 07:19 AM
"I don't like the vet much either," Scottie admitted. "But you can't run away forever, sometime you'll have to go back. Besides, maybe they could help you somehow." He knew Brittle's leg most likely wouldn't be completely fixed, probably ever, but perhaps they could do something to make her more comfortable with her injury. "But I don't want you to go either," he murmured, and his pelt heated up when he realized he had said that out loud.

"Help me?" Brittle laid her head down, "They took m-my kits from me before th-they were even b-born, I c-couldn't move for m-moons. What if they take more from me? What if could never stand again, or worse, disappear?" She takes a breath and looks to Scottie, her whiskers twitching, "S-So no, Im n-not leaving! I'll end up all alone again if I can't visit you. A-And if I disappear, I...I-I..."

Maplefur
December 3rd, 2016, 08:54 AM
"Help me?" Brittle laid her head down, "They took m-my kits from me before th-they were even b-born, I c-couldn't move for m-moons. What if they take more from me? What if could never stand again, or worse, disappear?" She takes a breath and looks to Scottie, her whiskers twitching, "S-So no, Im n-not leaving! I'll end up all alone again if I can't visit you. A-And if I disappear, I...I-I..."

Sympathy pooled in Scottie's eyes. "Well, I don't know why they would do that to you..." He admitted. "But I'm sure you wouldn't disappear. And if your twolegs don't let you out again, then I guess I'll just have to come to you instead." He reassured her. "Do you think they'd let me in if I sat outside your door?" Something tickled at Scottie's mind, a sort of jealousy that confused him. I wonder who the father of her kits were... I'm sure he wouldn't like me hanging around Brittle. But we're just hanging out, that's all! His thoughts didn't make sense to him, and he looked back out the window, sure his confusion was reflecting in his eyes.

Nettleclaw
December 3rd, 2016, 09:52 AM
Sympathy pooled in Scottie's eyes. "Well, I don't know why they would do that to you..." He admitted. "But I'm sure you wouldn't disappear. And if your twolegs don't let you out again, then I guess I'll just have to come to you instead." He reassured her. "Do you think they'd let me in if I sat outside your door?" Something tickled at Scottie's mind, a sort of jealousy that confused him. I wonder who the father of her kits were... I'm sure he wouldn't like me hanging around Brittle. But we're just hanging out, that's all! His thoughts didn't make sense to him, and he looked back out the window, sure his confusion was reflecting in his eyes.

"I d-don't know, I've n-never had visitors, e-even before they locked everyth-thing." Brittle plops to her side and curls up, "I don't kn-know anything, o-or what's going t-to happen, and it sc-cares me." She flutters her tail restlessly, the anxiety starting to over stimulate her again.

Maplefur
December 3rd, 2016, 10:31 PM
"I d-don't know, I've n-never had visitors, e-even before they locked everyth-thing." Brittle plops to her side and curls up, "I don't kn-know anything, o-or what's going t-to happen, and it sc-cares me." She flutters her tail restlessly, the anxiety starting to over stimulate her again.

Scottie sighed. "There are lots of things that scare every cat, but if we hide from them no good will come of it. I mean, just look at today. If you had been to scared to come outside, or too scared to talk to me and had pushed me away, then we wouldn't be here right now." He pointed out softly. "But if you don't want to go back yet, I won't force you," the tom murmured as he gazed down at Brittle. His eyes danced from her tail and to her face. "You're alright, I won't let anything happen to you," he soothed.

Nettleclaw
December 4th, 2016, 08:10 PM
Scottie sighed. "There are lots of things that scare every cat, but if we hide from them no good will come of it. I mean, just look at today. If you had been to scared to come outside, or too scared to talk to me and had pushed me away, then we wouldn't be here right now." He pointed out softly. "But if you don't want to go back yet, I won't force you," the tom murmured as he gazed down at Brittle. His eyes danced from her tail and to her face. "You're alright, I won't let anything happen to you," he soothed.

He's right. Of course he's right, today has been a dream except for letting her fears get to her. Brittle closes her eyes and taps her tail against her paws. "But I have to go back r-regardless, right? My kits are living the life I've always w-wanted, but I'm stuck here without a choice b-because I can't run from it like they did. This is the f-farthest I've ever been from my twolegs, and y-you've made things fascinating and fun, but I don't feel any b-better." Brittle opens her eyes and turns her head to Scottie, "T-Tell me, please... Will going t-to the vet make me feel better?"

Maplefur
December 4th, 2016, 08:14 PM
He's right. Of course he's right, today has been a dream except for letting her fears get to her. Brittle closes her eyes and taps her tail against her paws. "But I have to go back r-regardless, right? My kits are living the life I've always w-wanted, but I'm stuck here without a choice b-because I can't run from it like they did. This is the f-farthest I've ever been from my twolegs, and y-you've made things fascinating and fun, but I don't feel any b-better." Brittle opens her eyes and turns her head to Scottie, "T-Tell me, please... Will going t-to the vet make me feel better?"

Scottie paused. "I don't know, that's not something I can give you a definite answer on." He admitted. "But perhaps they could do something to make your leg feel better... It's not something they can fix, is it?" He asked Brittle, though he was certain it was a permanent injury. "Though if you really wanted to live in the wild, then I'm sure you could. I've met some loners with disabilities... One was born without one of his legs, even. So you'd just have to adapt, that's all."

Nettleclaw
December 4th, 2016, 09:18 PM
Scottie paused. "I don't know, that's not something I can give you a definite answer on." He admitted. "But perhaps they could do something to make your leg feel better... It's not something they can fix, is it?" He asked Brittle, though he was certain it was a permanent injury. "Though if you really wanted to live in the wild, then I'm sure you could. I've met some loners with disabilities... One was born without one of his legs, even. So you'd just have to adapt, that's all."

It wasn't pleasant, her first visit, but thinking about it, she did survive and got used to her numb leg. "So there's... a ch-chance." Brittle mews. If it means I can see you, no matter what the outcome... "...I'm sorry, I made you frown again." She flips to her other side, now facing Scottie, and places a paw on his shoulder, "Let's keep going, I'm t-tired of feeling like this, and y-you're probably tired of hearing it." Tonight could be my last night, I still don't trust the vet with my life, but I can't go leaving him like this. He's done so much for me, listened to me, even gave me a bit of hope. "Let's get back to having f-fun, hmm?" She tries to force away her sad composure by widening her eyes playfully, even forcing a small purr.

Maplefur
December 5th, 2016, 10:39 AM
It wasn't pleasant, her first visit, but thinking about it, she did survive and got used to her numb leg. "So there's... a ch-chance." Brittle mews. If it means I can see you, no matter what the outcome... "...I'm sorry, I made you frown again." She flips to her other side, now facing Scottie, and places a paw on his shoulder, "Let's keep going, I'm t-tired of feeling like this, and y-you're probably tired of hearing it." Tonight could be my last night, I still don't trust the vet with my life, but I can't go leaving him like this. He's done so much for me, listened to me, even gave me a bit of hope. "Let's get back to having f-fun, hmm?" She tries to force away her sad composure by widening her eyes playfully, even forcing a small purr.

"I don't have a problem listening to it," Scottie mewed earnestly. "If you're ever feeling down, then I'll be here for you." He wanted to make sure Brittle felt that she could come to him for help and advice. He eyed her, fully aware of her act but deciding to go with it. "Alright, what do you want to do then? We've got the whole house to ourselves."

Nettleclaw
December 7th, 2016, 05:35 AM
"I don't have a problem listening to it," Scottie mewed earnestly. "If you're ever feeling down, then I'll be here for you." He wanted to make sure Brittle felt that she could come to him for help and advice. He eyed her, fully aware of her act but deciding to go with it. "Alright, what do you want to do then? We've got the whole house to ourselves."

Brittle pauses a small moment to take in what Scottie said, then mews, "I'd l-like to see y-your toys." She stretches her neck up to see if she could spot them in it's container.

Maplefur
December 7th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Brittle pauses a small moment to take in what Scottie said, then mews, "I'd l-like to see y-your toys." She stretches her neck up to see if she could spot them in it's container.

Scottie nodded then stood up, starting to make his way down. He paused on the arm of the couch, looking back at Brittle. "You'll need to get back down... Just take the same route, alright? The step thing is still there, just be careful." He backed to the edge of the couch arm, wanting to give her room to get down while being close enough to dart forwards should she slip. I guess I could show her my jingle mouse first... or maybe my feather thing. He tried to guess what she would like best. I'm sure she'll like them all the same, they're all fun to play with!

Nettleclaw
December 9th, 2016, 05:18 AM
Scottie nodded then stood up, starting to make his way down. He paused on the arm of the couch, looking back at Brittle. "You'll need to get back down... Just take the same route, alright? The step thing is still there, just be careful." He backed to the edge of the couch arm, wanting to give her room to get down while being close enough to dart forwards should she slip. I guess I could show her my jingle mouse first... or maybe my feather thing. He tried to guess what she would like best. I'm sure she'll like them all the same, they're all fun to play with!

Brittle nodded and took one last look out the window. With a sigh she prepares herself and slowly slides on her belly along the back cushion to the couch arm. Her paws reach the couch arm, but she pulls ahead too early and falls forward, staying on the arm with her tail in the air and nose at Scottie's paws. She looks up at him, purring and a bit embarrassed. "S-Sorry." she mews, more amused than apologetic.

Maplefur
December 9th, 2016, 07:06 AM
Brittle nodded and took one last look out the window. With a sigh she prepares herself and slowly slides on her belly along the back cushion to the couch arm. Her paws reach the couch arm, but she pulls ahead too early and falls forward, staying on the arm with her tail in the air and nose at Scottie's paws. She looks up at him, purring and a bit embarrassed. "S-Sorry." she mews, more amused than apologetic.

As Brittle slipped Scottie tensed up, ready to bound forward if it looked like she was going to completely fall. But she stayed on, and he instantly relaxed. Scottie chuckled, looking down at her. "You alright?" He asked in amusement, glancing up at her tail.

Maplefur
December 14th, 2016, 08:10 PM
As Brittle slipped Scottie tensed up, ready to bound forward if it looked like she was going to completely fall. But she stayed on, and he instantly relaxed. Scottie chuckled, looking down at her. "You alright?" He asked in amusement, glancing up at her tail.
Bump Nettleclaw

Nettleclaw
December 15th, 2016, 04:27 AM

"Y-Yeah!" Brittle purred. She lied there a small moment more flipping her tail and looking up at Scottie before pushing herself onto the cushion. She looked like she was about to say something, or maybe it was just an intense stare. "It's this one I'm worried about." She points out the step-ladder.

Maplefur
December 15th, 2016, 05:55 AM
"Y-Yeah!" Brittle purred. She lied there a small moment more flipping her tail and looking up at Scottie before pushing herself onto the cushion. She looked like she was about to say something, or maybe it was just an intense stare. "It's this one I'm worried about." She points out the step-ladder.
Scottie smiled, giving Brittle a small lick between the ears. "You'll be fine, it's just like steps! Besides, it's less of a fall down." He bounded over to the step ladder, slowing as he clambered down. He turned around with a flick of his fluffy tail, giving Brittle an encouraging purr. "'Cmon, you're almost there! Then you can see all the toys."

Nettleclaw
December 15th, 2016, 06:22 AM
Scottie smiled, giving Brittle a small lick between the ears. "You'll be fine, it's just like steps! Besides, it's less of a fall down." He bounded over to the step ladder, slowing as he clambered down. He turned around with a flick of his fluffy tail, giving Brittle an encouraging purr. "'Cmon, you're almost there! Then you can see all the toys."

Brittle couldn't help but give a playful meep when Scottie licked her. She hobbles down the steps trying not to let her excitement push her forward again. Finally to the floor, she feels at ease and pads alongside Scottie. In another house with another cat, Yeah, tonight is going to be a fun night. The best night!

Maplefur
December 15th, 2016, 06:29 AM
Brittle couldn't help but give a playful meep when Scottie licked her. She hobbles down the steps trying not to let her excitement push her forward again. Finally to the floor, she feels at ease and pads alongside Scottie. In another house with another cat, Yeah, tonight is going to be a fun night. The best night!
Scottie laughed at Brittle's antics, amusement swirling in his eyes among with happiness. He bounded over to his toy bin, giving little hops with each step. He eyed his toys, trying to decide what to pick first. Picking up one of his favorites, a little jingly ball, he scooped it into the air and batted it to cause it to fly towards Brittle.

Nettleclaw
December 15th, 2016, 03:18 PM
Scottie laughed at Brittle's antics, amusement swirling in his eyes among with happiness. He bounded over to his toy bin, giving little hops with each step. He eyed his toys, trying to decide what to pick first. Picking up one of his favorites, a little jingly ball, he scooped it into the air and batted it to cause it to fly towards Brittle.

Brittle's ears perked and eyes widened as the alluring sound echoes throughout the room. She stands on her good hindleg to catch it, but is just short of reach. No matter, she hops to it and pushes the little ball around herself. Seems like she hasn't moved around like this in moons, what with such fascination with only the first of the toys.

Maplefur
December 15th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Brittle's ears perked and eyes widened as the alluring sound echoes throughout the room. She stands on her good hindleg to catch it, but is just short of reach. No matter, she hops to it and pushes the little ball around herself. Seems like she hasn't moved around like this in moons, what with such fascination with only the first of the toys.

Scottie smiled, his eyes turning soft as he watched Brittle play. He quickly shook his head, frowning. What's wrong with me? He padded over to the molly quietly and crouched. As she batted the toy around, he waited until it was close enough for him to swipe his paw out, bringing it to him with a mischievous smile. He shot Brittle a playful glance, batting the jingly ball around and waiting for her to steal it back.

Nettleclaw
December 19th, 2016, 05:46 AM
Scottie smiled, his eyes turning soft as he watched Brittle play. He quickly shook his head, frowning. What's wrong with me? He padded over to the molly quietly and crouched. As she batted the toy around, he waited until it was close enough for him to swipe his paw out, bringing it to him with a mischievous smile. He shot Brittle a playful glance, batting the jingly ball around and waiting for her to steal it back.

Brittle jumped in surprise seeing the toy suddenly scooped away from her. She crouches low, readying her revenge as she waited for an opening. There! She hops forward, landing both of her paws to stop the ball dead in its tracks and keep Scottie from batting it away. She jeers with a few waves of her tail and sticks out her tongue.

Maplefur
December 19th, 2016, 09:00 PM
Brittle jumped in surprise seeing the toy suddenly scooped away from her. She crouches low, readying her revenge as she waited for an opening. There! She hops forward, landing both of her paws to stop the ball dead in its tracks and keep Scottie from batting it away. She jeers with a few waves of her tail and sticks out her tongue.

Scottie laughed at Brittle's expression. "You're adorable," he mewed, eyes widening as he took in his words. "I mean- uh, yeah..." He stuttered awkwardly, glancing away from the molly. Oh goodness, someone end my suffering! He though, pelt burning in embarrassment. He backed away slightly, his long fur bushing out slightly. It wasn't often that the tom was at a loss of words, but it was happening right now, and he knew one thing for sure- he absolutely hated it. Mousebrain- what happened to thinking before you speak, huh? Sure she is adorable, but that doesn't mean that you loose your filter! He was sure now that Brittle, being the shy cat she was, would turn away from him. Great job, looser, look what you've done. He scowled slightly at himself, his tail brushing against the carpet as it waved slowly back and forth.

Nettleclaw
December 20th, 2016, 08:31 PM
Scottie laughed at Brittle's expression. "You're adorable," he mewed, eyes widening as he took in his words. "I mean- uh, yeah..." He stuttered awkwardly, glancing away from the molly. Oh goodness, someone end my suffering! He though, pelt burning in embarrassment. He backed away slightly, his long fur bushing out slightly. It wasn't often that the tom was at a loss of words, but it was happening right now, and he knew one thing for sure- he absolutely hated it. Mousebrain- what happened to thinking before you speak, huh? Sure she is adorable, but that doesn't mean that you loose your filter! He was sure now that Brittle, being the shy cat she was, would turn away from him. Great job, looser, look what you've done. He scowled slightly at himself, his tail brushing against the carpet as it waved slowly back and forth.

Brittle's purr deepens, she takes a paw off the toy to cover her muzzle to keep herself from shaking as she tried to speak, "S-S-S-Scot-t-tie!" She thought herself to be offended at first, like it was a dirty trick to get her to let go of the ball when honestly, she didn't know what she is feeling. But seeing him react to his own words like that, the way he looked... "...Y-You're cute wh-when you're fl-lustered." She looked to the side, feeling that she was short on time to respond and couldn't really put it any other way.

Maplefur
December 20th, 2016, 08:52 PM
Brittle's purr deepens, she takes a paw off the toy to cover her muzzle to keep herself from shaking as she tried to speak, "S-S-S-Scot-t-tie!" She thought herself to be offended at first, like it was a dirty trick to get her to let go of the ball when honestly, she didn't know what she is feeling. But seeing him react to his own words like that, the way he looked... "...Y-You're cute wh-when you're fl-lustered." She looked to the side, feeling that she was short on time to respond and couldn't really put it any other way.

Scottie was relieved, though still embarrassed, that Brittle hadn't shut herself off from him. "I... thanks?" He asked, mustering a smile as he looked back up at her, clearing his throat. "Well... I still have other toys I could show you, if you'd like...?" He trailed off, looking back over at his toy bin. She think's I'm cute? His ears flattened for a moment, before he forced them back up. The weird feeling from before came back, and this time he allowed himself to dwell on it. Could I have feelings for her? Scottie wondered, glancing back over at Brittle. I mean, it makes sense- she's a wonderful cat... But I don't really know much about her yet, or her past... And she's had a mate before, anyways... He remembered her mentioning the vet had taken her kits away from her, before they were born. Whoever he is, I don't know if they still have anything going on, or if I should be watching my back whenever I leave the house, in case he's not fond of me hanging out with her... Great job Scottie, getting yourself tangled up in this mess! He gave a mental sigh, though kept a smile on his face as his gaze trailed over Brittle. Shoot- am I daydreaming again? The tom gave a slight cough just in case, unsure if Brittle had said anything while he had been thinking.

Nettleclaw
December 20th, 2016, 09:52 PM
Scottie was relieved, though still embarrassed, that Brittle hadn't shut herself off from him. "I... thanks?" He asked, mustering a smile as he looked back up at her, clearing his throat. "Well... I still have other toys I could show you, if you'd like...?" He trailed off, looking back over at his toy bin. She think's I'm cute? His ears flattened for a moment, before he forced them back up. The weird feeling from before came back, and this time he allowed himself to dwell on it. Could I have feelings for her? Scottie wondered, glancing back over at Brittle. I mean, it makes sense- she's a wonderful cat... But I don't really know much about her yet, or her past... And she's had a mate before, anyways... He remembered her mentioning the vet had taken her kits away from her, before they were born. Whoever he is, I don't know if they still have anything going on, or if I should be watching my back whenever I leave the house, in case he's not fond of me hanging out with her... Great job Scottie, getting yourself tangled up in this mess! He gave a mental sigh, though kept a smile on his face as his gaze trailed over Brittle. Shoot- am I daydreaming again? The tom gave a slight cough just in case, unsure if Brittle had said anything while he had been thinking.

Suddenly finding it hard to speak at all, Brittle answers with a quick nod. The gravity of what she mewed finally reaches her, Am I really doing this? I can't be that lonely, I never want to deal with a mate ever again! She notices Scottie glancing back at her and immediately brings an embarrassed paw to her muzzle, looking back with soft, round eyes. I just want to be with him, that's all. She tries to convince herself.

Maplefur
December 21st, 2016, 03:57 PM
Suddenly finding it hard to speak at all, Brittle answers with a quick nod. The gravity of what she mewed finally reaches her, Am I really doing this? I can't be that lonely, I never want to deal with a mate ever again! She notices Scottie glancing back at her and immediately brings an embarrassed paw to her muzzle, looking back with soft, round eyes. I just want to be with him, that's all. She tries to convince herself.

Scottie's eyes softened at her expression, and he chuckled as he walked over to his toy bin. "Why don't you take a look, and see what you like?" He asked, placing a paw on the top of the bin. He glanced at the window, taking note of the time and hoping Brittle didn't need to leave soon. "Surely something will catch your eye," he added on, peering down at his toys.

Nettleclaw
December 21st, 2016, 08:30 PM
Scottie's eyes softened at her expression, and he chuckled as he walked over to his toy bin. "Why don't you take a look, and see what you like?" He asked, placing a paw on the top of the bin. He glanced at the window, taking note of the time and hoping Brittle didn't need to leave soon. "Surely something will catch your eye," he added on, peering down at his toys.

Brittle pads over, rising up next to Scottie to take a look. She stands a little taller to reach in and rummage through with her paw. A sudden squeak startles her, making her fall back on her bad leg. Her claw snatched the toy from the bin and it flies across the room, landing with another sharp squeak.

"I-Is that r-real?" Brittle mews. She's never experienced an electronic toy before, she thought it was a real mouse!

Maplefur
December 21st, 2016, 08:37 PM
Brittle pads over, rising up next to Scottie to take a look. She stands a little taller to reach in and rummage through with her paw. A sudden squeak startles her, making her fall back on her bad leg. Her claw snatched the toy from the bin and it flies across the room, landing with another sharp squeak.

"I-Is that r-real?" Brittle mews. She's never experienced an electronic toy before, she thought it was a real mouse!

Scottie laughed. "Oh, no- it just makes fake noises. I thought it was real the first time my owners brought it home, too." He padded over, picking it up and demonstrating to Brittle by biting on it, causing another squeak to escape it. "See? It just does that whenever you press on it," he explained, bringing it back over to her. He dropped it in front of her and stared down at her, trying to keep himself from laughing again. No matter what she seemed to do- whether it be falling or stuttering, always caused her to be adorable, and Scottie couldn't keep his whiskers from twitching as he grinned.

Nettleclaw
December 21st, 2016, 08:51 PM
Scottie laughed. "Oh, no- it just makes fake noises. I thought it was real the first time my owners brought it home, too." He padded over, picking it up and demonstrating to Brittle by biting on it, causing another squeak to escape it. "See? It just does that whenever you press on it," he explained, bringing it back over to her. He dropped it in front of her and stared down at her, trying to keep himself from laughing again. No matter what she seemed to do- whether it be falling or stuttering, always caused her to be adorable, and Scottie couldn't keep his whiskers from twitching as he grinned.

Brittle rolls back onto her paws and sniffs curiously at the toy. She presses it warily, and indeed it squeaks. She bats it to the side and it squeaks as it tumbles away. Then she pads a wide circle around it, crouched low and eyes wide, "So, it's not going to run away?" She asks, actually sounding a little disappointed. The sound was enough to fool her, if it moved, it would be just like hunting in the forest again. It would be the perfect toy.

Maplefur
December 22nd, 2016, 10:26 AM
Brittle rolls back onto her paws and sniffs curiously at the toy. She presses it warily, and indeed it squeaks. She bats it to the side and it squeaks as it tumbles away. Then she pads a wide circle around it, crouched low and eyes wide, "So, it's not going to run away?" She asks, actually sounding a little disappointed. The sound was enough to fool her, if it moved, it would be just like hunting in the forest again. It would be the perfect toy.

Scottie padded over to the toy. "Actually, if you twist this knob..." he leaned down, holding the mouse in place with his paw as he spun the handle around a bit with his teeth. Leaning back, he looked over at Brittle as he removed his paw, and the toy started moving in a wide circle around the room, a faint clicking sound being made.

Nettleclaw
December 27th, 2016, 05:13 AM
Scottie padded over to the toy. "Actually, if you twist this knob..." he leaned down, holding the mouse in place with his paw as he spun the handle around a bit with his teeth. Leaning back, he looked over at Brittle as he removed his paw, and the toy started moving in a wide circle around the room, a faint clicking sound being made.

Brittle is left speechless, her eyes and ears following the runaway toy closely. She let's herself be swept away by the moment, letting herself believe that she could smell the mouse and dense forest. With a wave of her tail and a wiggle of her rump, she makes her grand pounce, only to land on her belly far short of her target. "Ah!" Brittle winced, the raw pain returning to her hindleg. She tries to stand, but her sudden shaking is making it difficult.

Maplefur
December 27th, 2016, 12:37 PM
Brittle is left speechless, her eyes and ears following the runaway toy closely. She let's herself be swept away by the moment, letting herself believe that she could smell the mouse and dense forest. With a wave of her tail and a wiggle of her rump, she makes her grand pounce, only to land on her belly far short of her target. "Ah!" Brittle winced, the raw pain returning to her hindleg. She tries to stand, but her sudden shaking is making it difficult.

Scottie sat down, smiling as he watched Brittle prepare to catch the toy. His gaze followed her as she leaped, and soon he found himself jumping to his paws as he saw her in pain. "Brittle! Are you okay?" He rushed to her side, crouching down besides her and sniffing at her leg. He pressed up against her side, allowing her to use his weight to stand up. Behind her the toy slowed down, the clicking fading until it came to a stop.

Nettleclaw
December 30th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Scottie sat down, smiling as he watched Brittle prepare to catch the toy. His gaze followed her as she leaped, and soon he found himself jumping to his paws as he saw her in pain. "Brittle! Are you okay?" He rushed to her side, crouching down besides her and sniffing at her leg. He pressed up against her side, allowing her to use his weight to stand up. Behind her the toy slowed down, the clicking fading until it came to a stop.

Back on her paws, she let's out a longing sigh. "I'm-m alright. I h-had alm-most forgotten, s-silly me." Her ears are folded, and she's still shaking, but she manages to make a light joke over it. Anything to keep her from being negative, anything to keep her from crying, yet turning to Scottie to thank him, her eyes grow wide and glassy. Half in pain and half longing for the old days, yet she doesn't want Scottie to feel sorry for her again. She decides to hide her face in his shoulder, but her weak composure turned it into more of a lean as she tried to keep herself from yowling out.

Maplefur
January 2nd, 2017, 08:43 AM
Back on her paws, she let's out a longing sigh. "I'm-m alright. I h-had alm-most forgotten, s-silly me." Her ears are folded, and she's still shaking, but she manages to make a light joke over it. Anything to keep her from being negative, anything to keep her from crying, yet turning to Scottie to thank him, her eyes grow wide and glassy. Half in pain and half longing for the old days, yet she doesn't want Scottie to feel sorry for her again. She decides to hide her face in his shoulder, but her weak composure turned it into more of a lean as she tried to keep herself from yowling out.

Scottie watched her with soft eyes, leaning down to gingerly lick her between the ears. "Hey, it's alright," he murmured, nudging her face up so he could meet her eyes. "You'll get used to it, I'm sure, but that doesn't mean it'll be like how it used to be. You just gotta find something that'll make you happy, happy enough to not care anymore about it." She deserves to be happy... she's a wonderful cat. He thought, smiling softly down at Brittle. "And... i-if you'd like, I'll always be here for you, if you need company, or someone to talk to." He offered, moving his tail to hang it across her shoulders, yet feeling a bit flustered.

Nettleclaw
January 2nd, 2017, 02:00 PM
Scottie watched her with soft eyes, leaning down to gingerly lick her between the ears. "Hey, it's alright," he murmured, nudging her face up so he could meet her eyes. "You'll get used to it, I'm sure, but that doesn't mean it'll be like how it used to be. You just gotta find something that'll make you happy, happy enough to not care anymore about it." She deserves to be happy... she's a wonderful cat. He thought, smiling softly down at Brittle. "And... i-if you'd like, I'll always be here for you, if you need company, or someone to talk to." He offered, moving his tail to hang it across her shoulders, yet feeling a bit flustered.

Pathetic... That's what my 'mate' would say when I get like this. I never let my kits know what happened, maybe that's why they didn't care for me. Even my owners... Food, water, litter, repeat, they never played with me even after their kits gave me toys. I was prepared to go on my own, dragging my broken leg and letting whatever happens happen.

"S-Scott-tie," Brittle quivers, "I've g-gone through so m-much... I've b-been alone f-for s-so long... If I j-just had someo-one... If I had y-you..." Long held tears finally role down her cheeks. "S-Scottie, you've made m-me happy." She purrs, leaning further into him, rubbing her head under his chin.

Maplefur
January 6th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Pathetic... That's what my 'mate' would say when I get like this. I never let my kits know what happened, maybe that's why they didn't care for me. Even my owners... Food, water, litter, repeat, they never played with me even after their kits gave me toys. I was prepared to go on my own, dragging my broken leg and letting whatever happens happen.

"S-Scott-tie," Brittle quivers, "I've g-gone through so m-much... I've b-been alone f-for s-so long... If I j-just had someo-one... If I had y-you..." Long held tears finally role down her cheeks. "S-Scottie, you've made m-me happy." She purrs, leaning further into him, rubbing her head under his chin.

Scottie watched her, wind whirling. Is she saying...? He sucked in a breath, leaning down to touch his nose to hers. "Brittle, you don't need to be alone. S-so long as I'm here, you never need to be alone again," he promised, voice shaking. Hesitantly, he moved his tail from her shoulders to entwine it with Brittle's, unsure if he was doing the right thing. He had never been in this sort of situation before, never felt for a cat the way he felt for her. "I..." He began, wanting to tell her how he felt. But... we've only just met! She seems to feel the same, but what if I'm wrong? "You've made me happy, too," he murmured instead, voice soft.

Nettleclaw
January 7th, 2017, 10:37 AM
Scottie watched her, wind whirling. Is she saying...? He sucked in a breath, leaning down to touch his nose to hers. "Brittle, you don't need to be alone. S-so long as I'm here, you never need to be alone again," he promised, voice shaking. Hesitantly, he moved his tail from her shoulders to entwine it with Brittle's, unsure if he was doing the right thing. He had never been in this sort of situation before, never felt for a cat the way he felt for her. "I..." He began, wanting to tell her how he felt. But... we've only just met! She seems to feel the same, but what if I'm wrong? "You've made me happy, too," he murmured instead, voice soft.

Brittle lets herself sink into the moment, closing her eyes and moving her tail with his into a slightly tighter coil. Am I so desperate, to end up making the same mistake? Or could Scottie be my one true companion? We've only just met, but we've talked, we've played, we've shared. More in these short moments than anyone has in my entire life. I'm ready... Are you? She gives Scottie an affectionate lick on his nose and opens her eyes.

Maplefur
January 8th, 2017, 11:24 AM
Brittle lets herself sink into the moment, closing her eyes and moving her tail with his into a slightly tighter coil. Am I so desperate, to end up making the same mistake? Or could Scottie be my one true companion? We've only just met, but we've talked, we've played, we've shared. More in these short moments than anyone has in my entire life. I'm ready... Are you? She gives Scottie an affectionate lick on his nose and opens her eyes.

Scottie smiled at her gesture, his decision made. "I... Brittle?" He begun nervously. "I know we've just met and all, but..." He hesitated, glancing down at the molly besides him. She's beautiful... "I-I really do like you," he murmured, anxious for her response. His heart thudded in his chest; the bright tom had never felt so nervous as he did right now, in this moment. This could either go really good, or really bad, he thought, letting out a shaky breath.

Nettleclaw
January 8th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Scottie smiled at her gesture, his decision made. "I... Brittle?" He begun nervously. "I know we've just met and all, but..." He hesitated, glancing down at the molly besides him. She's beautiful... "I-I really do like you," he murmured, anxious for her response. His heart thudded in his chest; the bright tom had never felt so nervous as he did right now, in this moment. This could either go really good, or really bad, he thought, letting out a shaky breath.

Brittle's whiskers twitched, amused by Scottie's modest statement. Through the roar of blood through her ears, she can hear his nervious heart and thought he meant more than that. But he is right, this is so sudden, so soon, maybe she should tone it back. Then the vet visit tomorrow crossed her mind, the uncertainty of what would happen scared her. Then that does it, this has to be the best night, the perfect night, and hopefully not the last. She tilts her head, and mews with all her hopes and wishes, "I love you too."

Maplefur
January 8th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Brittle's whiskers twitched, amused by Scottie's modest statement. Through the roar of blood through her ears, she can hear his nervious heart and thought he meant more than that. But he is right, this is so sudden, so soon, maybe she should tone it back. Then the vet visit tomorrow crossed her mind, the uncertainty of what would happen scared her. Then that does it, this has to be the best night, the perfect night, and hopefully not the last. She tilts her head, and mews with all her hopes and wishes, "I love you too."

Scottie's uncertainty vanished, a large grin spreading on his face at Brittle's words. "You saw right through me, huh?" He murmured, leaning down to give her a nuzzle. "Oh, Brittle, I never thought a day could be so perfect." He leaned back, trailing his gaze over her. "I never thought a cat could be so perfect," he added on. She wasn't holding back, so he wasn't going to either. "I- everything about you is just... amazing. You... you sure are different." The tom chuckled softly as he repeated his words from when they first met in the garden down the street. "Brittle, what would you say if I asked you to be my mate?" He asked, his amber eyes turning to hers.

Nettleclaw
January 8th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Scottie's uncertainty vanished, a large grin spreading on his face at Brittle's words. "You saw right through me, huh?" He murmured, leaning down to give her a nuzzle. "Oh, Brittle, I never thought a day could be so perfect." He leaned back, trailing his gaze over her. "I never thought a cat could be so perfect," he added on. She wasn't holding back, so he wasn't going to either. "I- everything about you is just... amazing. You... you sure are different." The tom chuckled softly as he repeated his words from when they first met in the garden down the street. "Brittle, what would you say if I asked you to be my mate?" He asked, his amber eyes turning to hers.

Brittle chirps out a laugh, no sense in being shy about anything now. Filled with glee, she pounces into Scottie without a second thought yowling "Yes!"

Maplefur
January 8th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Brittle chirps out a laugh, no sense in being shy about anything now. Filled with glee, she pounces into Scottie without a second thought yowling "Yes!"

Scottie let out a laugh, staring up at Brittle and not bothering to get up. "Hm, good to know. Maybe I'll ask you one day," he teased, eyes sparkling with humor. He raised a paw to place it on her chest. "Now get off me!" He exclaimed, laughing again.

Nettleclaw
January 8th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Scottie let out a laugh, staring up at Brittle and not bothering to get up. "Hm, good to know. Maybe I'll ask you one day," he teased, eyes sparkling with humor. He raised a paw to place it on her chest. "Now get off me!" He exclaimed, laughing again.

Ouch, clever cat. Brittle sticks out her tongue at him and puts her paw to her chest like she took a hit. She let's herself tilt backward until her bad leg forced her to fall onto her back to Scottie's right. It hurt a little to do that, but she easily laughed it off when she realized, "Oh, why did I do that? I can't get up." She covers her face, purring and tapping her tail.

Maplefur
January 8th, 2017, 02:38 PM
Ouch, clever cat. Brittle sticks out her tongue at him and puts her paw to her chest like she took a hit. She let's herself tilt backward until her bad leg forced her to fall onto her back to Scottie's right. It hurt a little to do that, but she easily laughed it off when she realized, "Oh, why did I do that? I can't get up." She covers her face, purring and tapping her tail.

Scottie laughed, rolling to his side so he could face her. "Now you'll be stuck here forever, bummer." He smiled, crawling closer until his fur brushed up against Brittle's. "I was kidding, you know. I really would like for you to me my mate," he murmured, pressing his head to her shoulder. He gave a short sigh. "I could stay here with you forever," He whispered, raising his head to look out the window. He frowned at the golden colors in the sky, signaling sunset, and quickly turned his gaze back to Brittle. Hopefully she didn't notice yet, and she can stay a bit longer...

Nettleclaw
January 8th, 2017, 03:29 PM
Scottie laughed, rolling to his side so he could face her. "Now you'll be stuck here forever, bummer." He smiled, crawling closer until his fur brushed up against Brittle's. "I was kidding, you know. I really would like for you to me my mate," he murmured, pressing his head to her shoulder. He gave a short sigh. "I could stay here with you forever," He whispered, raising his head to look out the window. He frowned at the golden colors in the sky, signaling sunset, and quickly turned his gaze back to Brittle. Hopefully she didn't notice yet, and she can stay a bit longer...

"I know." she purrs, "A-And honestly, I d-don't think I'd mind staying right here..." She licks his ear when her own perks up at a familiar call. Her name is being called from the back yard by one of her owner's kits. Just like when Sheol went missing, they scoured everyone's backyards for her. Brittle flattened her ears as she lay silent, the voice quickly fading in distance. "But, even though they don't do much with me, my owners seemed awfully sad when my kits left."

Maplefur
January 8th, 2017, 03:33 PM
"I know." she purrs, "A-And honestly, I d-don't think I'd mind staying right here..." She licks his ear when her own perks up at a familiar call. Her name is being called from the back yard by one of her owner's kits. Just like when Sheol went missing, they scoured everyone's backyards for her. Brittle flattened her ears as she lay silent, the voice quickly fading in distance. "But, even though they don't do much with me, my owners seemed awfully sad when my kits left."

Scottie's ears too perked as he heard the twoleg's call. "Well, they are definitely worried without you." Reluctantly, he moved to nudge Brittle to her paws. "'Come on, we don't want them to be too worried... When do you think I'd be able to see you again?" He asked, already missing her, yet she was still there.

Nettleclaw
January 8th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Scottie's ears too perked as he heard the twoleg's call. "Well, they are definitely worried without you." Reluctantly, he moved to nudge Brittle to her paws. "'Come on, we don't want them to be too worried... When do you think I'd be able to see you again?" He asked, already missing her, yet she was still there.

Brittle tried her best not to think the worst, but anything is better than simply not knowing. "As soon as I can." she mews, gesturing to her limp limb. I hope. Back on her paws, she steals a quick nuzzle to calm herself, No crying, I will be back, I will. She takes her time getting to the back door, peering through the flap. No one's there, but if she yowled out, no doubt they'll come running.

Maplefur
January 8th, 2017, 04:30 PM
Brittle tried her best not to think the worst, but anything is better than simply not knowing. "As soon as I can." she mews, gesturing to her limp limb. I hope. Back on her paws, she steals a quick nuzzle to calm herself, No crying, I will be back, I will. She takes her time getting to the back door, peering through the flap. No one's there, but if she yowled out, no doubt they'll come running.

Scottie relished the quick nuzzle closing his eyes momentairly before opening them and following Brittle to the cat flap. He glanced down at her, sad to see her leaving. "I'll try to come by your house tomorrow, at least see you through the window and make sure you're fine, alright?" He touched his nose to her ear, giving her a reassuring purr. "See you soon."

Nettleclaw
January 8th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Scottie relished the quick nuzzle closing his eyes momentairly before opening them and following Brittle to the cat flap. He glanced down at her, sad to see her leaving. "I'll try to come by your house tomorrow, at least see you through the window and make sure you're fine, alright?" He touched his nose to her ear, giving her a reassuring purr. "See you soon."

"...Alright." Reluctant to go, she looks him over for another moment. Just... Just one more... She leans in and licks his nose, "See you t-tomorrow."

She pushes through the flap to find those pesky stairs in front of her. She could have Scottie help her down, but that twoleg kit might be too far to hear her by then. She yowls out to the leafbare moon, the cold quickly enveloping her pelt. A light shines back in her direction from the other yard, the little twoleghad brought out that sun in her paws he shines in her eyes occasionally.

Maplefur
January 8th, 2017, 04:48 PM
"...Alright." Reluctant to go, she looks him over for another moment. Just... Just one more... She leans in and licks his nose, "See you t-tomorrow."

She pushes through the flap to find those pesky stairs in front of her. She could have Scottie help her down, but that twoleg kit might be too far to hear her by then. She yowls out to the leafbare moon, the cold quickly enveloping her pelt. A light shines back in her direction from the other yard, the little twoleghad brought out that sun in her paws he shines in her eyes occasionally.

Scottie purred. "See you tomorrow, Brittle... I love you," he added on softly, watching her walk out. He walked out after her, though stayed by the cat flap, watching the twoleg kit come to get her. You'll be alright, he thought, staring at his mate. You've got to be alright. The vet won't do anything to hurt you, surely. Not wanting to leave on a sad note, he brought a grin to his face and forced his posture to be upright, raising his tail to wave at her.

Nettleclaw
January 8th, 2017, 05:05 PM
Scottie purred. "See you tomorrow, Brittle... I love you," he added on softly, watching her walk out. He walked out after her, though stayed by the cat flap, watching the twoleg kit come to get her. You'll be alright, he thought, staring at his mate. You've got to be alright. The vet won't do anything to hurt you, surely. Not wanting to leave on a sad note, he brought a grin to his face and forced his posture to be upright, raising his tail to wave at her.

Brittle looked back to Scottie, waving her tail. She thought he looked dashing when he's not in a nervious slouch, the thought made her purr. At least she can have him see her go smiling. The twolegs climbs the stairs, uttering it's words and Brittle's name. It reaches to carefully pet Scottie before lifting her into it's arms.

"I love you too." She mews, reaching out with her paw before it turns away to whisk her back home.

Maplefur
January 8th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Brittle looked back to Scottie, waving her tail. She thought he looked dashing when he's not in a nervious slouch, the thought made her purr. At least she can have him see her go smiling. The twolegs climbs the stairs, uttering it's words and Brittle's name. It reaches to carefully pet Scottie before lifting her into it's arms.

"I love you too." She mews, reaching out with her paw before it turns away to whisk her back home.

Scottie gave the twoleg a friendly purr, wanting to make sure he had a good relationship with Brittle's owners. His eyes trailed after Brittle as she was taken away, and he forced himself to stay happy. You'll see her tomorrow. Already he couldn't wait for it to be the next day. Well, it's already almost morning. Hearing some commotion inside, he guessed his twolegs had come back with the dog. Perfect timing. "Bye!" He called out one last time, before turning to go back inside his house.