PDA

View Full Version : Twolegplace

Octavia
November 21st, 2016, 09:53 PM
[Because there used to be a generic one before.]

Octavia
November 21st, 2016, 10:03 PM
Raywood
The last dozen or so moons had been... odd to say the least for Timberstar, or could he call himself that anymore? His lives had served him well so far, and he couldn't quite remember how many he still had, but did he deserve them? To say it was a challenge to get back to Shadowclan, would be a massive understatement, the city had been full of dogs that were nearly everywhere. That stupid battle with his brother had left a sizable scar along his belly; Timberstar had possibly escaped losing all of his lives due to the quick thinking of his new companion Snow.

Ah Snow, the one who had gotten him into the mess with his old family in the first place. Timberstar would have a hard time explaining why he went out of the norm in his beliefs to help the kittypet. It didn't matter too much anymore, she had saved his life back then, and learned quickly on how to be independent; it was interesting to see the kittypet lose her softness and become... well were he back in Shadowclan, an apprentice at least. She had managed to even learn the warrior code. The day she asked about it Timberstar nearly slipped off the fence he had been stalking along. It gotten depressing to the tom as time went on, Starclan gave him vague nightmares, but he still had all his lives, what had happened to Halestorm? Every-time he could see it, the forest filled his head with questions, he should be back, how had the clan been doing, would he even be accepted back? The thoughts in his mind often ended up distracting Timberstar, but he couldn't help it. He needed to get back to the clan.

Shaking his head back and forth a few times the tom focused on the current task at paw, transporting the prey he had caught back to the hidey hole that Snow had found when he could hardly walk. His family seemed to have left the area, probably went the other way to search for Snow and him for vengeance, but the wolfish tabby didn't let himself dwell on it too much. Instead he let his piercing blue eyes scan about, he was close to safety, but he wanted to not be followed, that was how the... humans as Snow called them, would find the pair of them. No he was all alone for the moment, bounding over to seize it Timberstar pushed his muzzle down against a flap that hung along the edge of one of the apartments. The piece of fabric gave way to a small cubby that had enough room for a pair of cats to live with relative comfort, with any luck Snow would be there. He trusted her to stay out of trouble, but it was still nice to have the company.

CinnamonCookie
November 22nd, 2016, 12:36 AM
Can I join? I'll look like this with collar and all: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a7/59/c7/a759c77970d02b951e35a73a9f7fc55e.jpg
My name can be Marcie and I'm a female kittypet

Fawn
November 22nd, 2016, 01:21 PM
Raywood
The last dozen or so moons had been... odd to say the least for Timberstar, or could he call himself that anymore? His lives had served him well so far, and he couldn't quite remember how many he still had, but did he deserve them? To say it was a challenge to get back to Shadowclan, would be a massive understatement, the city had been full of dogs that were nearly everywhere. That stupid battle with his brother had left a sizable scar along his belly; Timberstar had possibly escaped losing all of his lives due to the quick thinking of his new companion Snow.

Ah Snow, the one who had gotten him into the mess with his old family in the first place. Timberstar would have a hard time explaining why he went out of the norm in his beliefs to help the kittypet. It didn't matter too much anymore, she had saved his life back then, and learned quickly on how to be independent; it was interesting to see the kittypet lose her softness and become... well were he back in Shadowclan, an apprentice at least. She had managed to even learn the warrior code. The day she asked about it Timberstar nearly slipped off the fence he had been stalking along. It gotten depressing to the tom as time went on, Starclan gave him vague nightmares, but he still had all his lives, what had happened to Halestorm? Every-time he could see it, the forest filled his head with questions, he should be back, how had the clan been doing, would he even be accepted back? The thoughts in his mind often ended up distracting Timberstar, but he couldn't help it. He needed to get back to the clan.

Shaking his head back and forth a few times the tom focused on the current task at paw, transporting the prey he had caught back to the hidey hole that Snow had found when he could hardly walk. His family seemed to have left the area, probably went the other way to search for Snow and him for vengeance, but the wolfish tabby didn't let himself dwell on it too much. Instead he let his piercing blue eyes scan about, he was close to safety, but he wanted to not be followed, that was how the... humans as Snow called them, would find the pair of them. No he was all alone for the moment, bounding over to seize it Timberstar pushed his muzzle down against a flap that hung along the edge of one of the apartments. The piece of fabric gave way to a small cubby that had enough room for a pair of cats to live with relative comfort, with any luck Snow would be there. He trusted her to stay out of trouble, but it was still nice to have the company.
Living with Timberstar--or, plainly, Timber, as Snow usually referred to him--had been quite the adjustment from the former status as a hostage with the gang of loners constantly at her throat. Using her to bring in lost felines for their sick, twisted killings. Her liberation from their grasp was largely attributed to his presence, and she couldn't be more thankful for it, for she didn't know where she would be if he hadn't. The idea of being dead came to mind, though it was one she preferred not to dwell on when that chapter of her life was safely behind her even if that caused the future to remain a mystery.

She intended to ask him what he wished to do from here or where he planned to go, yet she wasn't sure how to approach the subject when it could mean potential abandonment -- while she knew Timber wouldn't do that to her, the notion continued to nag, fueled by a dark history with the abusive gang and being taken away from her family at a young age. Having learned the Warrior Code and the Clans' way of life, her desire to join them (should Timber want to return) was present, but she was hesitant; she didn't like the thought of becoming thoroughly dependent on them.

Timber had taught her a few fighting and hunting techniques, of course, but it didn't shake the feeling. And not to mention the uncertainty surrounding being wanted in such a setting... rumors of the Clan cats suggested they were selective about those who walked among them, but then again, she'd also been under the impression they were vicious, savage killers. Clearly, the latter had been a lie, at least by what her companion demonstrated.

During the day, Snow occasionally left the makeshift den that they determined was home in order to practice her newly-acquired hunting skills on city mice or keep her minimal battle moves sharp, but she avoided staying out. Her extreme concern that the loners would make an appearance kept her around their den, never straying too far in case they happened to show up.

Her ears flicked forward as she heard someone nearing the entrance. Although she knew it was likely Timber, Snow still watched as he pushed past the fabric and his wolfish figure emerged into her field of view, and in turn a faint smile crossed her muzzle. "How did it go?" she meowed cordially, gaze meeting his before flicking to the prey in his jaws. A small laugh shook her, and she added, "Pretty well, I assume.. You must be getting used to hunting in the city." Timber had another name for it, something silly (just as he called the humans 'twolegs')--growing up with different terminology made for interesting conversations.

(( Fallen - this is a closed roleplay, sorry! :c You could use the thread if you like, but this particular one is just between Octavia and I. ))

Octavia
November 22nd, 2016, 06:56 PM
[FONT="Tahoma"]
Living with Timberstar--or, plainly, Timber, as Snow usually referred to him--had been quite the adjustment from the former status as a hostage with the gang of loners constantly at her throat. Using her to bring in lost felines for their sick, twisted killings. Her liberation from their grasp was largely attributed to his presence, and she couldn't be more thankful for it, for she didn't know where she would be if he hadn't. The idea of being dead came to mind, though it was one she preferred not to dwell on when that chapter of her life was safely behind her even if that caused the future to remain a mystery.

She intended to ask him what he wished to do from here or where he planned to go, yet she wasn't sure how to approach the subject when it could mean potential abandonment -- while she knew Timber wouldn't do that to her, the notion continued to nag, fueled by a dark history with the abusive gang and being taken away from her family at a young age. Having learned the Warrior Code and the Clans' way of life, her desire to join them (should Timber want to return) was present, but she was hesitant; she didn't like the thought of becoming thoroughly dependent on them.

Timber had taught her a few fighting and hunting techniques, of course, but it didn't shake the feeling. And not to mention the uncertainty surrounding being wanted in such a setting... rumors of the Clan cats suggested they were selective about those who walked among them, but then again, she'd also been under the impression they were vicious, savage killers. Clearly, the latter had been a lie, at least by what her companion demonstrated.

During the day, Snow occasionally left the makeshift den that they determined was home in order to practice her newly-acquired hunting skills on city mice or keep her minimal battle moves sharp, but she avoided staying out. Her extreme concern that the loners would make an appearance kept her around their den, never straying too far in case they happened to show up.

Her ears flicked forward as she heard someone nearing the entrance. Although she knew it was likely Timber, Snow still watched as he pushed past the fabric and his wolfish figure emerged into her field of view, and in turn a faint smile crossed her muzzle. "How did it go?" she meowed cordially, gaze meeting his before flicking to the prey in his jaws. A small laugh shook her, and she added, "Pretty well, I assume.. You must be getting used to hunting in the city." Timber had another name for it, something silly (just as he called the humans 'twolegs')--growing up with different terminology made for interesting conversations.

Grinning quietly as the tom settled down over to offer her one of his catch. After which Timberstar quickly groomed himself up and down, feeling as though he should still hold himself in regard as the leader, having to look proper and clean when possible. It felt nice to continue doing a few of things the burly tom had been his whole life, the daily rituals the tom had found himself missing as time went on. A recent pleasant success, was sharing prey with Snow, it seemed the poor nervous she-cat had been thoroughly traumatized by his... his family, to the point of being fearful of sharing food. It didn't happen every time they ate together, but as Snow grew more and more comfortable, her true self started to show up. It felt good to the seasoned clan cat to see that; among other things Timberstar had managed to bump into a few other city cats that were amiable to him. Ah yes, city, what a quaint word, but it was the word Snow had taught him of where they were currently. There were much bigger cities out there apparently.

A thought tangent aside, the tom was about to start in on his food, stopping to reply first. "It went well enough, seems... they're gone now, I've asked around and that gang of cats hasn't been seen of heard of in... awhile." He started thoughtfully with a small smile, he too was not immune to the fear of bumping into them again, surely a fight would have broken out, and Timberstar didn't want to kill needlessly anymore, or lose another life.. "It still reeks of human everywhere around here, but I'm getting used to it, I can scent a mouse before I can see it now at least!" beaming out happily.

Fawn
November 23rd, 2016, 03:55 PM
Grinning quietly as the tom settled down over to offer her one of his catch. After which Timberstar quickly groomed himself up and down, feeling as though he should still hold himself in regard as the leader, having to look proper and clean when possible. It felt nice to continue doing a few of things the burly tom had been his whole life, the daily rituals the tom had found himself missing as time went on. A recent pleasant success, was sharing prey with Snow, it seemed the poor nervous she-cat had been thoroughly traumatized by his... his family, to the point of being fearful of sharing food. It didn't happen every time they ate together, but as Snow grew more and more comfortable, her true self started to show up. It felt good to the seasoned clan cat to see that; among other things Timberstar had managed to bump into a few other city cats that were amiable to him. Ah yes, city, what a quaint word, but it was the word Snow had taught him of where they were currently. There were much bigger cities out there apparently.

A thought tangent aside, the tom was about to start in on his food, stopping to reply first. "It went well enough, seems... they're gone now, I've asked around and that gang of cats hasn't been seen of heard of in... awhile." He started thoughtfully with a small smile, he too was not immune to the fear of bumping into them again, surely a fight would have broken out, and Timberstar didn't want to kill needlessly anymore, or lose another life.. "It still reeks of human everywhere around here, but I'm getting used to it, I can scent a mouse before I can see it now at least!" beaming out happily.
"Thank you," Snow meowed appreciatively, gaze flicking from the prey to him. The expression of gratitude was more than simple table manners, as Timber was likely aware, having seen her background and circumstances first-hand, then helping her overcome them. Having enough to eat was a different reality for her when she couldn't remember ever getting a steady meal schedule with the gang of loners. Granted, they didn't have one either, but they ensured they were well-fed and knew how to hunt for themselves when things were rough. This had left Snow hungry--starving, at times--and feeling helpless. At least now, with her minimal hunting skills, she had confidence in her ability to preserve her health if she ended up in a situation where that was necessary. Defending herself was another matter, should she run into a hostile stranger, but she'd give it her best -- maybe with a bit more of Timber's training, she would be a worthy opponent.

She thought about that for a couple long seconds and finally said, "I've heard it's not the danger you do see that you have to worry about. It's what you don't see." It was fueled by paranoia, but she didn't like taking the chance of it. "And who knows, they might come back," she added sadly. Realizing this gave her an opportunity to voice her thoughts about the future, she inquired, "You wouldn't want to stay here your entire life, though, would you?" Snow could faintly recall Timber expressing wishes to return to his Clan, and she felt guilty for keeping him gone this long--his clanmates probably needed him.

Octavia
November 24th, 2016, 11:29 AM
"Thank you," Snow meowed appreciatively, gaze flicking from the prey to him. The expression of gratitude was more than simple table manners, as Timber was likely aware, having seen her background and circumstances first-hand, then helping her overcome them. Having enough to eat was a different reality for her when she couldn't remember ever getting a steady meal schedule with the gang of loners. Granted, they didn't have one either, but they ensured they were well-fed and knew how to hunt for themselves when things were rough. This had left Snow hungry--starving, at times--and feeling helpless. At least now, with her minimal hunting skills, she had confidence in her ability to preserve her health if she ended up in a situation where that was necessary. Defending herself was another matter, should she run into a hostile stranger, but she'd give it her best -- maybe with a bit more of Timber's training, she would be a worthy opponent.

She thought about that for a couple long seconds and finally said, "I've heard it's not the danger you do see that you have to worry about. It's what you don't see." It was fueled by paranoia, but she didn't like taking the chance of it. "And who knows, they might come back," she added sadly. Realizing this gave her an opportunity to voice her thoughts about the future, she inquired, "You wouldn't want to stay here your entire life, though, would you?" Snow could faintly recall Timber expressing wishes to return to his Clan, and she felt guilty for keeping him gone this long--his clanmates probably needed him.

Timberstar couldn't help but rumble out very quietly, Snow was a loner unlike any other he had met before, the tom couldn't help but appreciate the way she looked at life now that she was in a better place. It reminded her of how he acted towards his clan, but he could only suppose that she was grateful for being rescued from his old family... That was a painful reminder, finding out how his littermates had turned out. It was so long ago, the aging warrior couldn't help but shudder inwardly at the thought that he had been given the choice of joining them back when he was but a kit. It was so long ago, and the decision to leave the clan had been impossible in his mind. To be part of a cohesive group that took care of the individual when they could, it was more than any loner group would be, save for faint lines of family. Had he been so keen on noticing it as a kit? Thinking back to the situation now, he wondered why he himself hadn't gone straight back to his clan. It was all he could do not to dream of the forest, why hadn't he gone back? "I...." he began before his voice trailed off looking away for the moment "To not ignore what you said earlier, you're right, the unknown is the real danger in life. You can plan for what you know.... but the unknown, you have to react then, and who said anything about anyone always making the best instinct reactions. They might come back, but by then you'll be ready to help me deal with them." Thinking the whole time while he had been talking. "As you know, my family was a group of loners who had stayed at Shadowclan, I didn't end up leaving with them. Now here we are today and I've killed one of my brothers because you needed freedom from that ... situation." He couldn't think of a word to call how they had used her, maybe the silly humans would have one. "Now here we are and I'm experience... the life I would have probably lived had I never joined the clans, ironic that I'm getting to experience it because of my clan past, leaders lives and all that..."

Shaking his head a little bit he looked over to Snow, sighing quietly, "I think it's because it's hard to think of going back to my nest and not having Crimsonmoon be there, she... left without a word, I don't know what I did to cause that. Kept thinking I'm not fit to lead a clan if my mate would leave without a word. It's... hard, I always thought of myself a compassionate caring leader; Crimson always pointed it out, and then to leave, it makes those words feel hollow..." Scuffing at the ground turning away from his freshly caught meal, feeling a little uneasy about himself yet again.

Fawn
December 2nd, 2016, 02:10 PM
Timberstar couldn't help but rumble out very quietly, Snow was a loner unlike any other he had met before, the tom couldn't help but appreciate the way she looked at life now that she was in a better place. It reminded her of how he acted towards his clan, but he could only suppose that she was grateful for being rescued from his old family... That was a painful reminder, finding out how his littermates had turned out. It was so long ago, the aging warrior couldn't help but shudder inwardly at the thought that he had been given the choice of joining them back when he was but a kit. It was so long ago, and the decision to leave the clan had been impossible in his mind. To be part of a cohesive group that took care of the individual when they could, it was more than any loner group would be, save for faint lines of family. Had he been so keen on noticing it as a kit? Thinking back to the situation now, he wondered why he himself hadn't gone straight back to his clan. It was all he could do not to dream of the forest, why hadn't he gone back? "I...." he began before his voice trailed off looking away for the moment "To not ignore what you said earlier, you're right, the unknown is the real danger in life. You can plan for what you know.... but the unknown, you have to react then, and who said anything about anyone always making the best instinct reactions. They might come back, but by then you'll be ready to help me deal with them." Thinking the whole time while he had been talking. "As you know, my family was a group of loners who had stayed at Shadowclan, I didn't end up leaving with them. Now here we are today and I've killed one of my brothers because you needed freedom from that ... situation." He couldn't think of a word to call how they had used her, maybe the silly humans would have one. "Now here we are and I'm experience... the life I would have probably lived had I never joined the clans, ironic that I'm getting to experience it because of my clan past, leaders lives and all that..."

Shaking his head a little bit he looked over to Snow, sighing quietly, "I think it's because it's hard to think of going back to my nest and not having Crimsonmoon be there, she... left without a word, I don't know what I did to cause that. Kept thinking I'm not fit to lead a clan if my mate would leave without a word. It's... hard, I always thought of myself a compassionate caring leader; Crimson always pointed it out, and then to leave, it makes those words feel hollow..." Scuffing at the ground turning away from his freshly caught meal, feeling a little uneasy about himself yet again.
The unknown was terribly frightening for a feline such as herself who knew just how bad things could get, though she imagined it could be worse yet. The gang hadn't been actively trying to kill her, but then again, perhaps death would've been more of an act of mercy than one of malice. But she was glad they hadn't, or maybe glad that Timber had come in time to allow them to both escape. Even after so many moons, it was difficult to believe he was related to them. The difference in demeanor was stunning, and it wasn't a challenge to figure out which side of the family had morals.

It eased her worries to be reminded that she could help him deal with them, should they make a reappearance around the area. It would likely take them by surprise, how her skills in battle had developed, as they seemed to believe she was only capable of being a friendly face to bring unsuspecting travelers into their grasp. Now, she could hold her own against them, at least for a while. "Do you regret it?" she asked as he recalled killing his brother in favor of safety, the tip of her claws anxiously flexing into the ground as she awaited an answer from him. "Not ..rescuing me," she clarified, "though I hope you don't regret that as well." From how they acted around each other, she had enough self-confidence to conclude it was likely not the case.

"Living around the humans isn't awful," Snow meowed. As Timber knew, she'd spent the entirety of her life around them and because of that, she struggled to envision life any other way, even if she understood a great deal about the cats of the forest from his stories. "I can't say I have anything to compare it to, however. Do humans ever bother the Clans?"

Falling quiet for a couple seconds as she processed that, she offered a hopeful, "Could this.. Crimsonmoon have returned? If she left without a word, she may have intended on coming back and then simply.. got caught up in something." Timber had been away for quite a few moons, after all. The uneasiness he radiated caused her hope to fade slightly. "I'm certain you are a compassionate and caring leader. You've demonstrated those qualities to me, so I don't see why you wouldn't do the same for your Clan."

dino.
December 2nd, 2016, 02:23 PM
Im gonna join

Name: Moonlight (His friends call him Moon)
Appearance: Attached below
Personality: Friendly, calm, trusting
Family: open
Crush: none
Other: none