PDA

View Full Version : Name of New Child

Jingle
October 29th, 2017, 09:16 PM
Okay
So.
I'm adopting a kitten tomorrow- he's a black male (3-4 months old), with one white dot on his chest. He's a real cutie!

Anywho.
I suck at naming real life cats, and I want it to go with my other cat, Ookpik's name just so I can say it in a song-like fashion.

I don't want typical names like, Moon, Whiskers, ect. I'd like names that most can pronounce and is unique (like Ookpik)- and maybe Christmas/ winter related? His name was originally Kuro (meaning black in Japanese), and I think that's adorable but I'd like to branch out and see if I can find something different.

Dunno. Tomorrow I'll pick my favorite name and keep you guys updated with pictures of my little bean. <3

Momotaro
October 30th, 2017, 03:27 AM
Mistlay,

{Like mistletoe, and prouunouced like Miss-a-lay

Raggedclaw
October 30th, 2017, 04:02 AM
Okay
So.
I'm adopting a kitten tomorrow- he's a black male (3-4 months old), with one white dot on his chest. He's a real cutie!

Anywho.
I suck at naming real life cats, and I want it to go with my other cat, Ookpik's name just so I can say it in a song-like fashion.

I don't want typical names like, Moon, Whiskers, ect. I'd like names that most can pronounce and is unique (like Ookpik)- and maybe Christmas/ winter related? His name was originally Kuro (meaning black in Japanese), and I think that's adorable but I'd like to branch out and see if I can find something different.

Dunno. Tomorrow I'll pick my favorite name and keep you guys updated with pictures of my little bean. <3
Kurokura? a mix of Kuro and Sakura?

mvoxhu
October 30th, 2017, 07:36 AM
Eh, originality isn’t my strong suit...
Noir,
Origami,
Kami,
Maestro,
Caviar,
Treacle..

The Cannibal
October 30th, 2017, 08:20 AM
I don't know why, but I think Babylon is a cute name!

Role
October 30th, 2017, 08:23 AM
Two names i thought were cute but werent unique XD

Dottie
Sylvester

Now for some semi unique names

Sardonyx (as in black sardonyx :3)
Tourmalate (as in Tourmalated Quartz)
Onyx (a bit self explanitory, but as in the black onyx)
Cardamom (as in the spice)
Shirina (Indian name for night)
Orpheus (Greek mythological name for darkness in the night)
Vesper (Latin meaning evening star)

Thats all i got

Fireflower
October 30th, 2017, 08:26 AM
you can try a warrior cat name

rubinaito
October 30th, 2017, 08:39 AM
What about Hoshi? It's Japanese for Star, an easy name to pronounce (I knew someone who had a dog named that) and it's really adorable! Plus, he has a white little dot on his chest- like a star in the darkness. So, it's also kinda a poetic name as well.