PDA

View Full Version : Why was Squirrelflight made deputy?

FadingEchoes
October 25th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Like seriously, while Squirrelflight was incredibly loyal to her sister, she was infuriatingly disloyal to her clan and the warrior code.
Brackenfur would have been a much better choice, he's a senior warrior, he's experienced, he's levelheaded. And I think he would be a great leader, because he's lost so much, I mean they had to leave his mother Frostfur behind in the old territory, his sister Brightheart was horribly disfigured by a pack of dogs, his sister Cinderpelt was crippled as an apprentice and then died protecting his mate and kits, his daughter Honeyfern was bitten by a snake and killed as a young warrior. Plus while he was training to be a warrior his mentor ignored him, padding after a she-cat who was off-limits. But I think all these things have made Brackenfur strong, giving him an even more level head. I think Brackenfur would have the right combination of wanting to be at peace with the clans, but not being afraid to fight. He wouldn't seek out battles, nor would he shy away from them.

I got off track, but I think Brackenfur deserved it. Anyway I just hope Squirrelflight doesn't become leader because I'll definitely die if that happens.

I'm sick and tired of the Erins not giving qualified cats HRs, just because they're side characters.

Sorry for the long rant.

Zan Partizanne
October 25th, 2017, 11:21 AM
Don't forget BrackenFur had to watch another one of his daughters SeedPaw die as well as the pain of losing his mate. I heard that he wont retire in Vision of Shadows so I'm starting to worry it's hinting that they will kill him off.

Bandido
October 25th, 2017, 11:26 AM
It's just how the Erins make things. Because Squirrelflight is the main character now, all main characters must have high ranks and well respected positions. Like Firestar, he was pretty stupid but heroic and so was rewarded with leadership. I've actually made a thread exactly like this one, but is archived now. Brackenfur is a side character, and is automatically disqualified for deputy by the Erins. It's pretty annoying and you can always predict who's the next leader of ThunderClan just by looking at the main character.

Fawn
October 25th, 2017, 11:48 AM
bc fan (and erin) favorite

it has nothing to do with qualifications, it's just who the fans/erins like. they get special plots or powers, high ranks, mates with important cats, and everything in between.