PDA

View Full Version : I'm so tired of this-

aleka!
October 24th, 2017, 10:06 PM
Since I'm a big fangirl- I spend most of my time scrolling through the non-warriors roleplay, and oh my god.

WHY IS PRACTICALLY EVERY ROLEPLAY PRIVATE? LIKE SERIOUSLY-

Being the kind of social outcast I am, and not really have a destinated group of friends that I ALWAYS RP with, and half the time I forget about doing main RPs, and half of the time, I see something interesting, but then it turns out it's dead, or that it's like 40 pages long, so there's kind of no point in joining.

And people are hosting like 4 private RPs that are showing up- like really now, can't you just have one, and maybe not have 4 threads that are all private.

If I'm coming off as salty it's BECAUSE I AM.

Tbh this thread might be removed...

So does anyone argee with me, anyways?

Wolvesregion
October 24th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Since I'm a big fangirl- I spend most of my time scrolling through the non-warriors roleplay, and oh my god.

Being the kind of social outcast I am, and not really have a destinated group of friends that I ALWAYS RP with, and half the time I forget about doing main RPs, and half of the time, I see something interesting, but then it turns out it's dead, or that it's like 40 pages long, so there's kind of no point in joining.

And people are hosting like 4 private RPs that are showing up- like really now, can't you just have one, and maybe not have 4 threads that are all private.

The reason my rp is private is because I LEFT and have not role played with Sasuke for about it a year....

rubinaito
October 24th, 2017, 10:12 PM

I do understand the Private RP thing- it gets me pretty upset myself sometimes. I try to not make so many Private roleplays unless I specifically want to roleplay with just one person. You know, you're a pretty good friend of mine- I'm pretty sure Cele, Blue, Sasuke and Teggy wouldn't mind if you were in our friend group. How about we put together a RP to introduce you to everyone? Except Sasuke, you know him.

aleka!
October 24th, 2017, 10:13 PM
The reason my rp is private is because I LEFT and have not role played with Sasuke for about it a year....
Nah m8 I've been thinking about making this thread for a long time

Role
October 24th, 2017, 10:15 PM

Person: *insert one of my interests here*
Me: :D
Person: *private*
Me: D:

I feel you-

aleka!
October 24th, 2017, 10:17 PM
I do understand the Private RP thing- it gets me pretty upset myself sometimes. I try to not make so many Private roleplays unless I specifically want to roleplay with just one person. You know, you're a pretty good friend of mine- I'm pretty sure Cele, Blue, Sasuke and Teggy wouldn't mind if you were in our friend group. How about we put together a RP to introduce you to everyone? Except Sasuke, you know him.
I guess I kind of know Teg, and I did know Blue but then messaging between between me and her just kind of died o.o Also, that's why I signed up for that love is dead, or whatever it's called RP tho I'm pretty sure my form didn't quite have enough of details, or they have yet to see it.. either one anyways

Bandido
October 24th, 2017, 10:28 PM
Well, your point didn't make too much sense...

"Being the kind of social outcast I am, and not really have a destinated group of friends that I ALWAYS RP with, and half the time I forget about doing main RPs, and half of the time, I see something interesting, but then it turns out it's dead, or that it's like 40 pages long, so there's kind of no point in joining."
Um...well... For one, you start off talking about yourself and what you do, but that's not a few other people. People make private threads specifically for their friends and themselves, it'd get annoying if random participants you barely know started joining and ruining things. Not to mention trying to keep track of the thread with at least ten people in it if you only wanted to play with three. Users post threads for the sake of being private, unbothered by applications, those breaking in character rules, and users trying to find loopholes around a plot they've worked hard on, ect.

If the thread is dead, just move on. You were late to the party :\. Exactly, no point in joining so be on with your day.

"And people are hosting like 4 private RPs that are showing up- like really now, can't you just have one, and maybe not have 4 threads that are all private."
Why should there be a restriction how many private RPs a user could host? Most threads have different genres, so it'd make no sense in squishing all those themes in one thread. Aleka

aleka!
October 24th, 2017, 10:55 PM
Well, your point didn't make too much sense...

"Being the kind of social outcast I am, and not really have a destinated group of friends that I ALWAYS RP with, and half the time I forget about doing main RPs, and half of the time, I see something interesting, but then it turns out it's dead, or that it's like 40 pages long, so there's kind of no point in joining."
Um...well... For one, you start off talking about yourself and what you do, but that's not other people. People make private threads specifically for their friends and themselves, it'd get annoying if random participants you barely know started joining and ruining things. Not to mention trying to keep track of the thread with at least ten people in it if you only wanted to play with three. Users post threads for the sake of being private, unbothered by applications, those breaking in character rules, and users trying to find loopholes around a plot they've worked hard on, ect.

If the thread is dead, just move on. You were late to the party :\. Exactly, no point in joining so be on with your day.

"And people are hosting like 4 private RPs that are showing up- like really now, can't you just have one, and maybe not have 4 threads that are all private."
Why should there be a restriction how many private RPs a user could host? Most threads have different genres, so it'd make no sense in squishing all those themes in one thread. Aleka

It's not like that there's other people that may have the same problem as me or anything, but whatever. And if it's literally just two people, they could just move it to PM to avoid just cluttering the other RP. And on this site it's better to actually meet new people RP with new people, because RPing with the same two people would just get boring, and there'd be essentially, no point. Second of all, if a thread is dead I don't apply / post a form anyways, so at least you tried with that-

And again, it's just annoying to me in general if this one person is hosting more than one private RP at a time. They should at least wait until it dies out since by then it's just at least it makes sense making a new private RP. If you keep deciding to change a RP idea always, then you should wait to make an RP until you decide what you actually want to RP.

Mango
October 25th, 2017, 07:54 AM
I feel excluded with them...yet when Im in them I like it...if we want Aleka we can find one more person and make a private RP..

Momotaro
October 25th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Its their choice.

I like Lionguard, so i politely asked if the thread was still private.

Random said, no, but offered to do another rp with me.

Just ask politely, and they probably will do a different, public one for other people.